Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AimBots or just a really strong mod/Arcane?

Dazwhitewolf

So apologies in advanced now if Im missing something here or not up to date with meta choices and builds.

So lately I've been playing lots of Plains of Eidelon (PoE) and during my bounties I've come across some players who are able to single handely take out each ship, enemies, etc in a single shot and turn around in a instant like as if they're playing Mesa.

But here's the catch, none of these players were playing as Mesa at all.
I've had a Frost doing this, Mag, Zephry and Volt.
I don't know if this is a known bug or issue and people are abusing it, or possibly its a Mod/Arcane or something else and I've not realized.
But one person was using the Soma Prime, another Tiberon Prime and the other the Vectis Prime.
Now I know there is Riven Mods, but surely even so it can't make a person snap and lock onto each ship and enemy SOON as they appear right?
Just wanted to know or see if any other players of the community have encountered this at all.

If it is something else and part of a latest meta build and usage I do apologize for being dumb and not knowing.
Unfortunately I don't have a clip to show what I mean due to my Shadow Play being broke and refuse to record.

Kind Regards

MR19 Tenno.

P.S Also sorry if I've posted in the wrong area for discussion.
I don't use forums very much.

My Vectis Prime takes out the ships in one shot easy. Easily over 500k damage with crit.

Soma Prime can probably do this, but I don't like the weapon, so never modded that high. Tiberon Prime definitely can, though my build would take 3-5 shots currently.

As for shooting them as they spawn....just like any other spawn, there is RNG involved, but there are only so many spawn points. After one has done enough of them, you start to "sense" where the next one will spawn. But no, there is no build to "lock on" to an enemy. That's all skill.

Another possibility is that you're suffering lag or are far enough that you lose frames of animation from the movements of other players, like when using transference in the plains can result in certain cases in fields of hedless kneeling warframes scattered around

4 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Another possibility is that you're suffering lag or are far enough that you lose frames of animation from the movements of other players, like when using transference in the plains can result in certain cases in fields of hedless kneeling warframes scattered around

^ this.

Well, more like you hear ship above you, look to see nothing, next thing you know, BOOOM! and squadmate jumping over your head.

Most of the time people will prioritize the ships so that the mission finishes quicker. Kill the ship and the mobs on it all die, then it spawns in another, rinse and repeat and the mission is done. I do that in Orb Valis a lot. Vectis Prime and 90% of my shots go to ships.

• Like 1

I think some of you are missing the point of the insta-kill when they spawn. I don't think OP is talking about damage dealt.

While I find it hard to believe someone would aimbot in Warframe, though even if they were I doubt it takes much away from you if they are shooting ships out of the sky when they spawn, it really shouldn't ruin your experience when a skilled player can do the exact same thing. If they were clearing the entire map with a braton in half a second then it could be a problem, but the ships make it clear when they spawn and some people have really good aim/lock-on skills in other shooters so it is very likely it's just skill.

Edited by More-L
missing y

They basically got a strong riven if they are at the level 4 or level 5 bounties.
Most ships will vaporize at level 1 to level 3 bounties to anyone who has a strong high damage sniper or Opticor.
No riven needed.

Key to one shotting ships is ludicrous front loaded damage, not necessarily burst damage.

P.S. As for aimbotting ? Nah. You are probably lagging or de-sync. Because there are times where ships suddenly appear and explode, because the host or other team mates have already handled it.

Edited by fatpig84

16 hours ago, LunixNovalis said:

Most of the time people will prioritize the ships so that the mission finishes quicker. Kill the ship and the mobs on it all die, then it spawns in another, rinse and repeat and the mission is done. I do that in Orb Valis a lot. Vectis Prime and 90% of my shots go to ships.

Arca Plasmor also takes out the ships in one or two shots with the right setup, when i play my nekros and take an arca out i can take out the ships pretty quickly.

I prioritize ships btw

and yup if you take them out before the troops deploy its less to deal with.

I don't know a thing about aim bots, but as others stated, could be pure skill. I mean, maybe I'm sometimes running around like a headless chicken in PoE, searching where the ship's spawning sound came from, then after a few seconds grineer are starting to rain down on my head... But I'm willing to believe there are players more skillful than I am when it comes to, well, noticing stuff ☺️

On 2019-01-28 at 4:55 PM, Dazwhitewolf said:

So lately I've been playing lots of Plains of Eidelon (PoE) and during my bounties I've come across some players who are able to single handely take out each ship, enemies, etc in a single shot and turn around in a instant like as if they're playing Mesa.

The ships are large targets, slow moving, you can definitely take them down quickly, especially if you have a damage amplifying buff, like what a chroma or rhino can do. One shotting is more than possible. 

That'll reduce the enemy population pretty fast, and taking down the ground troops will probably be a non-issue if you are doing that sort of damage to drop ships. 

Not saying that you can completely rule out cheaters, but I don't think that they'll need to cheat to do what you describe, especially in the lower level bounties. 

The only downside that I see to overkilling Grineer transports is that apparently you don't get experience from the carried troops and only a fraction of the drops.

On the other side oneshotting the single troopers on the hull nets a nice exp bonus as it's considered a stealth kill!