Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

En 1/8/2019 a las 0:20, -GrT-kostasp99 dijo:

Would it be better that we had new war right now and then railjack and then duviri and then reworks and then and then , one at a time and not all together at the same moment with no possibility to finish anything in time?

Personally yes, Railjack needs at least another year, it hasn't launch and it already looks boring af.

We already know that The Third open World is gonna be exactly like Fortuna, big and pretty but with little to do (since they hadn't change it since POE).

New War is hopefully gonna be better than The Sacrifice (not that The Sacrifice was great or anything).

It looks like DE won't do any hard content since they don't know how to do that, they think that lvl 35 is difficult enough, WTF.

Warframe right now looks lame. (and probably won't change).

The sad thing is that this was posted 6 months ago, even Steve knows that the Roadmap was a failure.

Well... guess I will go play BDL 3, because I know that it will actually be better game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance on any news about Raids / Trials coming back ?

It was a announced since the 1st Roadmap, but nothing, absolutely nothing has been done about the only 8 squads team gameplay in Warframe.

Many people are leaving WF to recent BDL 3, others to Destiny II or Division II : ONLY TO RUN RAIDS inna full squad (means full fun) ...

Nothing's been done about raids, neither about Concalve that's not more played by the Community.

Any fresh news for the WF Trials Runners ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, they hit pretty much the 60-70% of the actual Roadmap, at least "writing-wise". 

✔️ 3 Warframes: they actually released 4 this year including Grendel (I don't remember if there was talk of a fifth one in a Devstream, one after Grendel, but I'm not sure). 
✔️ Deck 12 - Exploiter: they did it and put it behind Thermia Fractures, which are surprisingly sustainable and give a lot of chances to face the Exploiter Orb. Also, they appear quite often, which is good.
✔️ Gas City - Amalgams: released, with a good chunk of lore and a new boss fight (which also respects what they said, more interaction between the players and the bosses).
✔️ Wolf of Saturn Six - Alerts, Challenges, New Characters: all done. We also got Emissary. 
New War: at the moment, it hasn't shipped yet... and I try to keep my hype at bay. I really like Warframe, but overhyping things is never good (looking at you, Mankind Divided...).
Warframe Empyrean/Railjack: the year's main event and the one that is missing the most. I understand why, though, Empyrean brings a lot of new mechanics and that requires planning, reasoning, programming. 
Planes of Duviri: shrouded in mystery. All we have is a strange teaser, and I'm surprised this was actually mentioned so early in the roadmap. 

✔️Melee Rework: it actually reached phase 2.
 Difficulty: I don't remember anything in particular, just some talk about choosing a different level of missions and something like that.
 New Player: it's been likely announced by the CG trailer, but we still don't have much to discuss about. 

✔️ Prime Trailers: they were pretty indeed and there was a lot of creativity in them, but at least in my opinion they're not a priority, just flavor. In any case, they did one for Atlas Prime, so I guess we may count it as done?
 Raids back: not yet.
✔️ Kingpin: the Kuva Liches mechanic.
✔️ Lore: if we consider Leverian as a new way to convey Warframe lore, along with Nightwave, they've been making steps this way.

Overall, I think they met a lot of their goals (or are meeting them) but I can understand why some don't think the same way: this year we haven't got some "gamebreaking" update yet, like PoE or Fortuna. Gas City, Disruption, Nightwave, Exploiter Orb, we got a lot of nice things this year, but nothing we could wholeheartedly define as "The Update of 2019". Maybe the Kuva Liches will get this title, maybe Empyrean Phase Two will launch sooner than we think, I don't know. 

Maybe they're working on too many things at the same time, since they're aiming for big releases instead of little updates like before. And since we're still used to the small, constant updates, it looks worse than it actually is? Again, I don't know, I just share my thoughts.

• 1 month later...

1st of december 2019 : my drive to murder people while hiding like a yandere ceiling cat has been diminishing since the bug appeared. It has been three months since even a silenced vaporizing  and or hit scan headshot  hitting a single enemy with more then twenty times their total hp stopped counting as a stealth kill. All I can do is sneak up and do a takedown or mindlessly sleep enemies to prevent the ai bug from killing my stealth finisher. 

All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty....  All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty....  All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty....  All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty....  All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty....  All sneak and no stealth kills makes valkyr a cranky kitty.......

the roadmap was a joke by steve cause DE has never delivered on time nothing. I love the game i love the content when it comes and this is why all those years i am playing this game. But you make it harder and harder for me not to get angry with the delays since you are the ones trying to put a roadmap in place that you know you wont deliver as promised. Stop the roadmaps and just tell us we want to build this things and you will get them EVENTUALLY. and i will support the game EVENTUALLY. one month to end the year and all we got was easy stuff and the hard content is not ready by a longshot. new war will come some time in 2020 and railjack in 2021 in full.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-10-29 at 6:00 AM, EvanGallaway said:

Actually, they hit pretty much the 60-70% of the actual Roadmap, at least "writing-wise". 

✔️ 3 Warframes: they actually released 4 this year including Grendel (I don't remember if there was talk of a fifth one in a Devstream, one after Grendel, but I'm not sure). 
✔️ Deck 12 - Exploiter: they did it and put it behind Thermia Fractures, which are surprisingly sustainable and give a lot of chances to face the Exploiter Orb. Also, they appear quite often, which is good.
✔️ Gas City - Amalgams: released, with a good chunk of lore and a new boss fight (which also respects what they said, more interaction between the players and the bosses).
✔️ Wolf of Saturn Six - Alerts, Challenges, New Characters: all done. We also got Emissary. 
New War: at the moment, it hasn't shipped yet... and I try to keep my hype at bay. I really like Warframe, but overhyping things is never good (looking at you, Mankind Divided...).
Warframe Empyrean/Railjack: the year's main event and the one that is missing the most. I understand why, though, Empyrean brings a lot of new mechanics and that requires planning, reasoning, programming. 
Planes of Duviri: shrouded in mystery. All we have is a strange teaser, and I'm surprised this was actually mentioned so early in the roadmap. 

✔️Melee Rework: it actually reached phase 2.
 Difficulty: I don't remember anything in particular, just some talk about choosing a different level of missions and something like that.
 New Player: it's been likely announced by the CG trailer, but we still don't have much to discuss about. 

✔️ Prime Trailers: they were pretty indeed and there was a lot of creativity in them, but at least in my opinion they're not a priority, just flavor. In any case, they did one for Atlas Prime, so I guess we may count it as done?
 Raids back: not yet.
✔️ Kingpin: the Kuva Liches mechanic.
✔️ Lore: if we consider Leverian as a new way to convey Warframe lore, along with Nightwave, they've been making steps this way.

Overall, I think they met a lot of their goals (or are meeting them) but I can understand why some don't think the same way: this year we haven't got some "gamebreaking" update yet, like PoE or Fortuna. Gas City, Disruption, Nightwave, Exploiter Orb, we got a lot of nice things this year, but nothing we could wholeheartedly define as "The Update of 2019". Maybe the Kuva Liches will get this title, maybe Empyrean Phase Two will launch sooner than we think, I don't know. 

Maybe they're working on too many things at the same time, since they're aiming for big releases instead of little updates like before. And since we're still used to the small, constant updates, it looks worse than it actually is? Again, I don't know, I just share my thoughts.

Now on the last day of the year:

Railjack: Partial Credit it is in the game and mostly playable but only on a few planet's area but a good amount of the bones are there now with some meat on it. 

New War: Partial Credit for we got a few new enemies, some more lore for it, new weapon, and tease of the tileset.

Planes of Duviri: Nothing new except maybe the requiem drive in the railjack so miss on that one

Difficulty: Kinda with how the scaling on the new Railjack enemies but it is more of a test and Lich missions can let you scale up enemy levels but still not constant so it gets like a D.

New player: nothing so no credit

Raids: nothing so no credit

So like up to 80% I would say but that 20% could be way more important to people who didn't get what they wanted this year or wants to give them no credit for unfinished things.

On 2019-12-31 at 10:40 PM, yarl5000 said:

Now on the last day of the year:

Railjack: Partial Credit it is in the game and mostly playable but only on a few planet's area but a good amount of the bones are there now with some meat on it. 

New War: Partial Credit for we got a few new enemies, some more lore for it, new weapon, and tease of the tileset.

Planes of Duviri: Nothing new except maybe the requiem drive in the railjack so miss on that one

Difficulty: Kinda with how the scaling on the new Railjack enemies but it is more of a test and Lich missions can let you scale up enemy levels but still not constant so it gets like a D.

New player: nothing so no credit

Raids: nothing so no credit

So like up to 80% I would say but that 20% could be way more important to people who didn't get what they wanted this year or wants to give them no credit for unfinished things.

you are putting stuff on counter that is not the same in size and content, the new war is 20% when is the main lore of the game and you can consider it alongside of a kuvalich update?

the timetable did not bring nothing major as content updates REAL CONTENT not sprinkles , the railjack got in last minute as a publicity stand and its awesome but broken as F. railjack is the major thing is warframe that would connect ALL warframe this is what steve said and NO its 1/10 and a side game mode at the moment. Nothing there as well. 
The end result is that nothing major as NEW content has landed for two years. New war was announced in 2018 and railjack the same . Its been TWO years.

the problem as i said before in DE is that they dont have a program and have a lot of ideas AT THE SAME TIME. you need to put one by one. finish one thing and move to another and not all at once.

19 hours ago, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

you are putting stuff on counter that is not the same in size and content, the new war is 20% when is the main lore of the game and you can consider it alongside of a kuvalich update?

the timetable did not bring nothing major as content updates REAL CONTENT not sprinkles , the railjack got in last minute as a publicity stand and its awesome but broken as F. railjack is the major thing is warframe that would connect ALL warframe this is what steve said and NO its 1/10 and a side game mode at the moment. Nothing there as well. 
The end result is that nothing major as NEW content has landed for two years. New war was announced in 2018 and railjack the same . Its been TWO years.

the problem as i said before in DE is that they dont have a program and have a lot of ideas AT THE SAME TIME. you need to put one by one. finish one thing and move to another and not all at once.

Have to ask what do you consider content then? Yes railjack isn't done yet but I wouldn't call it not content. 

9 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

Have to ask what do you consider content then? Yes railjack isn't done yet but I wouldn't call it not content. 

Content for me is a finished new lore cinematic quest like war within , content for me is new maps and not reworked maps and new areas like plains and fortuna that i will go and explore and farm etc, railjack is content but 1/10 and not the content that will connect all warframe , its still to be seen if it is. now railjack is a side game mode. content is new war a finished new war quest , content is a finished railjack , content is finished duviri , real content is something full new experience. Content is raids , content is dark sector ,clan wars. content is frame cinematic quests. for me that is content. the reworks should not be consider content but changes to the quality of life in the game and its should be alongside the main content.

1 hour ago, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

the reworks should not be consider content but changes to the quality of life in the game and its should be alongside the main content.

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. The impact is less than new content, but the reworks are not only necessary, but a complete renewal of anj area of the game that requires the same efforts as to create new stuff when done properly, as was the case with Jupiter.

The Derelict is a prime example of how necessary that is, and how much it could be considered content to renew it, change its purpose and give it more, better ones and open it.

9 hours ago, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

Content for me is a finished new lore cinematic quest like war within , content for me is new maps and not reworked maps and new areas like plains and fortuna that i will go and explore and farm etc, railjack is content but 1/10 and not the content that will connect all warframe , its still to be seen if it is. now railjack is a side game mode. content is new war a finished new war quest , content is a finished railjack , content is finished duviri , real content is something full new experience. Content is raids , content is dark sector ,clan wars. content is frame cinematic quests. for me that is content. the reworks should not be consider content but changes to the quality of life in the game and its should be alongside the main content.

I think you will never be happy then if your view of "content" is so narrow and arbitrary. 

What about Jupiter rework then? It gave us a new boss fight (with lore) and gamemode it was something they worked on and finished and put out, it also gave us a whole new event, and new areas to explore on the Jupiter tiles, new scanables for more lore, new enemy type.

On 2020-01-06 at 10:40 PM, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

Also I don't think you know how project flow works.  Not everyone is needed all the time for a project.  You don't need the concept artist once that portion is done, the UI guys can have the UI set up before you have the cost balance done, your animation people won't be needed as heavily once their work is done and you want them working on the next thing since it takes so long at times. 

Archived