Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

Exellent work.

Remember to get out of the bunker I'm sure you are working from and take some fresh air. Also sleep well.

Last thing we want is you or anyone else in the team getting sick during development or shortly after launch, when the lights go red, steam starts blowing out of the pipes in walls and valves getting shot out of their places.

Thank you Steve for the news!

also just speculating... I have a hunch that the third frame is gonna be a werewolf frame. Not getting my hopes up too high, but I’ve been wanting a ghost and beast frame for ages now. And with wisp being the ghost, that’s already one for two. Not bad. I’m hoping it’ll be two for two though 🙂

Was wondering about finishers in Melee 2.9 (or melee 3.0)  currently if you CAN do a finisher it will do one and the animation time will slow down your slaughter a lot ;)

I was wondering if the animations for finishers (though not the damage) could happen maybe when theres not many enemies near you (maybe 2 or less)

The biggest example of this is excalibur's blind, melee finishing a whole group takes quite a while ;)

Just a quick dirty/dumb question I gotta ask, but, are the Exploiters the red variant of Orb we see in one of the coolant pools on the map that is semi-active, or, are they something new we haven't seen hide noir hair of?

Looking forward to the update (when it comes) 

Just a few queries:

Will the range (actual distance instead of percentage) change be part of the phase one? 

Will there be any actual lore behind haldrin, a mini quest perhaps? Your previous frame releases after revenant have been very... Arbitrary in the sense of "here's a frame as a reward completely unrelated to the means to get it, cause it will stop you from whining for a bit",

I do not need it to be detailed or even a full fledged quest, it should at least make thematic sense from whatever mission or boss it drops from.

12 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Neither - hotfixes in progress though.

I appreciate the transparency but however PC players had nothing to do for quite a while. At least some fashion frame could help. 

I still love that we got some info at least though. The anticipation was killing me for the past few weeks.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Just a quick dirty/dumb question I gotta ask, but, are the Exploiters the red variant of Orb we see in one of the coolant pools on the map that is semi-active, or, are they something new we haven't seen hide noir hair of?

Orange and Black ones are not exploiters. Exploiters can be found near temple of profit. They're blue with blizzards around them.

Il y a 13 heures, [DE]Steve a dit :
  • The 'Wolf of Saturn' stands out as something that replaces Alerts, gives challenges, and introducers new characters.

• In the coming weeks, the Wolf will howl.

Damn I'm so on fire to hear that ! I was abit sad that it was "that far" in the release line, cause I'm so hyped about that. *jump everywhere* Awwwwouuuuhhhh !!!

I'm also hyped about the Deck 12, especially if it brings the primary kitguns ? (We have like no infos about that since we saw them in one old devstream, can we have some peaks ?)

15 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:
  • Also in the coming weeks a PC mainline update that brings you Hildryn, 'Exploiter', and Melee Phase 1 (it'll be part of the mainline, not coming this week).

Is this going to be bringing any 'fixes' to the unfinished or broken content we keep reporting on in the forum etc?

It's all very well you wanting to bring out new content but there is a lot of stuff that feels half finished or just plain broken still, I can't be the only one who would like to see some of the old stuff 'finished' before getting new stuff.

Hello Steve!   Thank you for what is literally the best game I have ever played.  You can I am sure access my profile with over 4000+ hours and literally one of the smallest gamerscores on Xbox Live, because I am constantly on Warframe! 

The passion that you and your team, everyone at DE is unrivaled and inspiring. 

As someone who has been on this journey for 3-4 years I want to take time to thank you for the many many quality of life changes that our community seems to forget or goes under appreciated.  When I played this game we would spend hours farming the void with keys.  We would get disconnected and loose 2 hours worth of items and more. If there ever was a time to quit warframe and never look back it was then.  You and your team have remedied that.   Now if I and millions of others get disconnected we can find our items in our inbox. Thank you!      When I played this game there was 4 revives a day and you got an extra revive with 20 plat. Ouch! You and your team have since remedied this. Thank you!  

I would accidentally click an item in the foundry but you have given me the option to cancel a build and have my resources refunded to me. Thank you!   We had Kuva extractors and we asked for endless Kuva in a survival and you delivered that to us. Thank you!  We asked for more loadouts for our operators and you gave that to us. Thank you! Giving us riven transmutation from eidolons so that we could transmute four random rivens. Thank you!  Giving us 6 slots for trading (akjagara /akstiletto) is a welcomed change.  Instantly putting stars into ayatan treasures is a nice quality of life change. The login rework, I have received more boosters than I can remember! Thank you!  I could go on and on about the endless quality of life changes, bugs, fixes, patches and things you and your team have done to make this an amazing journey.  Thank you! 

I'm saying this because when we as a community ask for more we also I feel need to look back and see that which we already received and appreciate it.  I also enjoy playing this game because I like the philosophy of DE as a company.  That you not only wish to fill your rice bowl but that you give money to children's charities, the needy, create awareness about breast cancer and other ailments.  You are a company that not only makes money you have a heart.  Thank you! 

By coming here and making a post like this, doing the devstreams bi-weekly and make your twitter accessible you and your team have shown your accessible and take a hands on approach to this wonderful undertaking.   It shows!  There are times when I tune into the devstream and I see the bags under your eyes or Scotts and I think wow these men need to get more rest. Perhaps a vacation to the Bahamas is in order.  If I see this rest assured countless others do to.  So I am saying this because some times our community can be under-appreciative and realize what was, and what is. 

All of that being said and for risk of being called out as a sycophant this is what I have heard from the player-base and I have witnessed myself.  Sure you have graphs and charts that show all time player logins and highs but I am sure as a company you are interested in 'sustained interest'.   Just as people are concerned about Titanfall 3 oops I mean Anthem I reminded them that we lost people to Destiny and we actually in turn gained back three times the amount of people.  The fire and allure of warframe spread...and will continue to do so. 

So please take this advise on board as someone who is very passionate about warframe.   I am going to use as a frame of reference a game in which there has often been made comparison/contrast. Destiny , in particular Destiny 2. 

One thing that I have to admit that I love about Destiny 2 (Forsaken on) over Warframe is that it does feel that you can actually engage the game (Gambit, PvP, the various maps) while leveling up, you don't even realize it and voila you have a bright engram.   In Warframe technically we do gain affinity while engaging the game but it is soo slow and where was we once flocked to Draco , it is now Hydron and Helene.   We understand this is a looter,shooter with lots of grind.  Yet, for many people who want to put four or five forma on a warframe or weapon (especially the younger crowd) I have observed that is where the fall off is. They get burned out with it.  They had to grind hard to get Khora and now to make her really exciting they feel compelled to do Hydron and Helene over and over. It is simply not fun. You feel you are doing a chore more than engaging this wonderful and amazing game you have. 

Is there a way to get the same amount of affinity in Hydron/Helene as long as there are four in a squad doing any mission?  

To me one of the best aspects of warframe are the survival missions.  Yet, it is lacking something and I can see and hear (through xbox live) the groans from the players about it seem lackluster. Immersion is important in a gaming experience.  Warframe has amazing music.  From the oriental vibes of the Second Dream to the tune of Solaris United that seems like a tune dwarves would sing in their caverns.  Would it be possible to have something upbeat , uptempo for the survival missions?   Again, using Destiny as a comparison/contrast.  I was really immersed in missions with the Hive because once the tempo of the music hit you just felt "oh &hit" these guys are serious!!!   I love survivals but they do seem humdrum , and I believe if the music was more up tempo with perhaps the spawn rate increasing over time and even grineer, corpus, infested bosses appearing every so often at various levels, maybe a level 1 boss, level 2 boss it would be truly epic! 

Perhaps a survival mission where the titles disappear beneath us every so often, to force to regroup and camp elsewhere. 

Another point I personally hear allot of groans about are many of the bosses.  The eidolons and profit takes are great editions as well as the corrupted A.I at the end of the Octavia quest. However we have bosses like the Phorid, that need a re-imaging, the Sergeant is another.

Lastly the raids. Many clans like ours who were raiding clans loved the idea of having 8 people parties or we would split into two parties of 4 and race each other through the Raids. It was allot of fun and brought our clan together in a way that the current state of the game does not.  There is allot of effort needed to get one person up to par for Tri-Cap let alone the limited selection of Warframes we can use to pull it off.  

So if you have plans for all new raids, grineer, infested, orokin, corpus, tau etc...please! 

Apologies for such a winded post. I tried to steer away from personal wants/wishes and focus on what I have personally witness drive the player base away. 

In a year chalked full of triple A titles we are so happy to see the outline. The first devstream of this year was in my opinion the single best devstream you have had! The following one was amazing as well.  Tuning in at 3:00 a.m in the morning to watch someone track a piece of dung on the ground for 35 minutes I really felt lost and wondered about the future of the game.  However, the last two devstreams were absolutely phenomenal. 

When people ask me who or what I think your competitors are. I say in all sincerity that D.E is their own competitor for better or for worse.   Being told that Fortuna would be released fall of last year, and we (Xbox) received it December that was very hard. The 'failed to connect to server you will be logged out' that happens religiously twice a day for the last year.  These are the things that hold D.E back.   It is not any perceived outside competitor or flash in the pan, it is D.E itself.  

Yet, that being said you have outdone yourselves many times over and have delivered, have listened to us, wowed us, thrilled us and awed us.  Thank you Steve and thank you everyone at D.E!  

For me personally I am here on this journey with you in 2019, 2020 and beyond...

20 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

ynvblOoai-lRuQX8Pd6egZZI31S2R0CiOitfSrsAWlNu364Gufhv6Jm4qy9uK_kqqTneKP-c1AD8Erf3KNHTwoadntrwzKelcz7-LUa1d8Bzyvp0CQADjMThOpe64WIkL7AG7hXZ

My honoured Tenno,  

I hope you like my arrows - if you don't feel like reading, those arrows are what we're developing to ship soon.

• Warframes 3: You've seen Hildryn and Wisp (two of the three upcoming Warframes).
  • Deck 12 - Exploiter: There's been cryptic videos in both of this year's Devstreams... blink and you'll miss it. Something is coming and I'm not just thinking about the Opticor Vandal.
  • The Gas City has been developing week over week and it's way more than 'just' an art remaster.
  • Melee: is something I tweet about (maybe too much)?
  • The 'Wolf of Saturn' stands out as something that replaces Alerts, gives challenges, and introducers new characters.

But it's February - and none of it's live. We are developing it all - and pushing ourselves to deliver innovation and quality very soon (because we know you're probably bored waiting).

Sooooon:

• You can expect a full Melee Phase 1 workshop with diagrams, videos, and information next week. This tells you everything you need to know about our roll out plans and changes. The Melee changes themselves aren't coming this week.
  • You can expect a full 'What's happening to Alerts' workshop next week as well - bye bye 'pay to sleep'.
  • In the coming weeks, the Wolf will howl.
  • Also in the coming weeks a PC mainline update that brings you Hildryn, 'Exploiter', and Melee Phase 1 (it'll be part of the mainline, not coming this week).

Now I have to go finish all these things with the team, send coffee.

What about Alad V? Boss fight will be remastered too?

Eh Steve Steve we all love you but this start of 2019 has been worse than last year ( content wise ) at least we got Khora in Feb back then and those weapons changes/buffs which even if it wasn't real new content, that alone brought a breath of fresh air to keep us busy digging out guns that had long been forgotten, but based on what i read i'm not expecting Hyldrin and whatever else is coming before March....( cus you know, DElays lol )

Quite some time

Steve, I just want ya know we do appreciate you for all your hard work.

I only wish you would push yourselves to your true potential, because I know all of you could make this game so much greater than it already is. I'm hoping Anthem is the kick in the pants y'all needed to shift into high gear!

Archived