Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

Ah that is one bad Steve there, said in last week's devstream that melee phase 1 is coming this week but now say no. Well, long time players knew it won't be this week as per all the pattern we knew of. Looking forward to more grind.

Coffee for the coffee lords!

I'm guessing the images about the exploiter event were images of Deck 12... But a part of my is kiiiiinda hoping to see Fortuna end up destroyed as part of the event, not just deck 12....

What? No, I'm not evil, I swear...

Very, very excited for all that is to come this year. I especially can't wait to sample 3.0's bits and pieces and the deluxe skin for Atlas in the short term. And railjack with my close friends/clanmates in the longer term. Thank you and the team so much for making this game. ❤️ 

Really pleased that you decided to divide the whole melee rework into phases. Excellent work as always.
@[DE]Steve
On a side note:
Call me demanding or whatever but I still don't see damage 3.0 + armor scaling rework
It's been years man... 😞
Corrosive, Viral & Slash still dominate the food chain while the rest stay irrelevant. (well almost)

3 hours ago, M4T2E said:

Bugfixes > Content updates
Still waiting for in-game challenge / steam achievement fixes since update 24.0.

Yes its kind of important but looking at priorities "steam achievements" are very far down the list. Ingame Bugfixes and invention of new funny bugs is what I am interested in.

4 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

ynvblOoai-lRuQX8Pd6egZZI31S2R0CiOitfSrsAWlNu364Gufhv6Jm4qy9uK_kqqTneKP-c1AD8Erf3KNHTwoadntrwzKelcz7-LUa1d8Bzyvp0CQADjMThOpe64WIkL7AG7hXZ

My honoured Tenno,  

I hope you like my arrows - if you don't feel like reading, those arrows are what we're developing to ship soon.

• Warframes 3: You've seen Hildryn and Wisp (two of the three upcoming Warframes).
  • Deck 12 - Exploiter: There's been cryptic videos in both of this year's Devstreams... blink and you'll miss it. Something is coming and I'm not just thinking about the Opticor Vandal.
  • The Gas City has been developing week over week and it's way more than 'just' an art remaster.
  • Melee: is something I tweet about (maybe too much)?
  • The 'Wolf of Saturn' stands out as something that replaces Alerts, gives challenges, and introducers new characters.

But it's February - and none of it's live. We are developing it all - and pushing ourselves to deliver innovation and quality very soon (because we know you're probably bored waiting).

Sooooon:

• You can expect a full Melee Phase 1 workshop with diagrams, videos, and information next week. This tells you everything you need to know about our roll out plans and changes. The Melee changes themselves aren't coming this week.
  • You can expect a full 'What's happening to Alerts' workshop next week as well - bye bye 'pay to sleep'.
  • In the coming weeks, the Wolf will howl.
  • Also in the coming weeks a PC mainline update that brings you Hildryn, 'Exploiter', and Melee Phase 1 (it'll be part of the mainline, not coming this week).

Now I have to go finish all these things with the team, send coffee.

i want jaw weapon get good form like a can use skin

Thanks for this update Steve.  I'm very much looking forward to Melee 3.0, so I'm glad you communicated the delay.  I feel like I have to express some disappointment however:  We've been talking about this for a long time, and I believe the original workshop came out in May of last year.  Since then I recall at least two commitments of additional workshops coming out to tell us more, and they never happened.  Will we get one (workshop) next week?  I'm sorry to say I'm skeptical.  Don't get me wrong, I think the world of your whole team and this amazing game!  I also think accountability is very important, and think that I need to point this out.

With that out of the way I'm very excited at what you have planned for us this year so far!  Melee 3.0, a focus on more frames etc. sounds great!  Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

In the coming weeks, the Wolf will howl.

"Howl all you want..."

On a more serious note, which is entirely related to melee:

Spoiler

-Any consideration for scaling up dual-wielding to include rifles, shotguns, snipers(?) and launchers as well as hammers, heavy blades?
-Can dual-wielding be considered for dual-sidearms (method: half clip size, double reload speed, when dual-wielding is enabled).
-Will there be a toggle for dual-wielding that can be accessed via a reload+weapon_swap keybind?
-Would Channeling be put to a toggle only, set as the 'alt fire' button (from sidearms/primaries) on melees?
-Would the unused-in-melee reload key become the 'dual wield = on' button?
-Arch-melees on ground?

Divergent, not at all related to this topic, but felt like mentioning, in the event Steve reads any of it:

Spoiler

-Ability to use Archweapons when they have Gravimags while in Archwing while on Landscapes - is this possible?
-Based on the proto-version of the Plains, where the map was sliced into giant Tile chunks, would you consider making 'super tilesets' that represent each planet (if possible), with modular areas for enemy faction structures, which would be cannibalized from existing tilesets, to introduce more opportunities for vehicle/Archwing/Railjack integration? This could serve to more widely reuse unused assets that don't fit your average tileset, and allow you to, say, park a ship and then have it bleed out onto a nearby area, like a refuelling depot or mining operation where another mission could happen.
-Linked to the idea for 'super-tiles', which could be called something smaller than landscapes but bigger than tilesets - sectors? - would be a means for culling the loading screen, which can be experimented with via Railjack.
-You know those Sentient Fighter weapons* (Batta, Concu, Ocu, Mimic)? Would it be possible to take them from the source (blueprints dropping from special Sentient Fighter variants, perhaps from post-Second Dream-locked Jupiter missions), weld a Sentient/Tenno-looking grip to it, and use it as such? Also, will Sentients get an update for their arms so the Oculyst and Battalyst don't share silhouettes? 
-Will we ever see Landscape-exclusive enemies in other missions, as mini-bosses or something like that?

Sentient weapons:
Not to be confused with Half-[Faction] weapons like Ocucor and Battacor. Those don't count as pure Sentient weapons; they're more like Mutalist weapons in my eyes.

Spoiler

Special factors about Sentient weapons (recommend including Phantasma, War, Broken War, and Revenant's Blade, on this, as a buff):
-Reserves recharge, perhaps while not using parkour and while shields are up (drains shields to recharge?). 
-Deals innate Sentient damage atop base damage.

Fighter weapons:

*Batta: Slow-auto recharging sniper with no scope. Similar grip design to Phantasma. Design basis akin to Pakal armour, but with a pair of Batta arms on the front.
Dual variant: Two smaller, amp-like Batta limbs that fire like un-Primed Lex handguns.
Reaction with Ocu: Adapts to enemy elemental weaknesses depending on how many of that enemy the Ocu has 'scanned' to death in the mission.

*Concu: Literally just a Sentient Conculyst arm. Can use both Polearm and Staff stances. Spin and aireal attacks have larger range based on proximity to and number of enemies inside that proximity.
Dual variant: The arms these staves were mounted on are turned into sharp axe-edges (visual representation: War, but the blade looks more like half of the Pakal chestpiece) - a pair of axes.
Reaction with Ocu: Reveals weakpoints on enemies when Concu is equipped, though this only applies to enemies damaged by Ocu.

*Ocu: Scans enemies, then begins disintegrating them; adapts damage to enemy stats, recharges, . Enemies damaged fill a scan bar; once dead from a critical/status effect, or while unaware, the enemy would disintegrate as if Synthesis Scanned. Resembles a Mote amp, but is equipped on the Warframe as a sidearm.
Dual variant: An Ocu on both arms.

*Mimicry: Rifle with burst, full, and beam firing modes. Suspiciously resembles a Soma. 
Dual variant: Suspiciously akin to Aksomati visually, only has a full or beam mode; the full mode starts with a well-paced rate, which ramps up until the clip empties.
Reaction with Ocu: Becomes silent by sounding like enemy weapons (audio files swap in real time to weapons that share projectile types (i.e: Dera for burst/full modes, Flux rifle for beam when it's Corpus). In alert situations, enemies will resort to friendly fire out of frustration.

Other weapons:

*Phantasma: [Pre-existing]. Obtains the 'infinite magazine' feature, which would be a copy of Hema's, except it drains shields. Deals Sentient damage in addition to base damage, which if procc'd causes enemies to be afflicted by their most vulnerable element(s).
Reaction with Ocu: Homing shrapnel from 'mortar rounds' (blobs of plasma) zeroes in on the head of enemies 'marked' by damage from Ocu.

*Broken War: [Pre-existing].
Reaction with Ocu: Dual-wielding both causes Broken War to send half-waves of Sentient energy that home in on targets damaged by Ocu when using charged attacks.

*Revenant's Blade: [Pending Melee 3.0].
Reaction with Ocu: Enemies marked via damage from Ocu cause the blade to gravitate to the damaged region, basically melee aim-assist.

*War: [Pre-existing].
Reaction with Ocu: Hitting enemies that were damaged by Ocu (or enemies that are the same type as ones 'scanned' by the weapon in the same mission) causes War to adapt it's physical damage values to best fit the enemy, skewering it away from impact-based damage in non-Corpus cases.

Archived