Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players cheating in index

Sammywa123

Hello, just thought I would inform DE that certain people are using Excal Umbra to cheat in index. they use a rubico prime then sit in their operator and do not move the entire time, umbra then kills lots of enemies with the rubico. I would not complain about this but its the fact that they need to do it on public to make it useful as they cannot gather points themselves. Isn't there someway to make it so if players don't move at all they get 0 credits? anyway just rambling so ill stop here..... thanks

Edited by sammywa123
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammywa123 said:

Isn't there someway to make it so if players don't move at all they get 0 credits? anyway just rambling so ill stop here..... thanks

You can always report them if you don't like what they are doing.
Then again: What is it that you don't like about that?
I didn't play index since the first event. Isn't it a group effort? Don't you benefit from them playing?

That is literally what umbra's passive is: he can fight without you piloting him. So it cannot be called cheating.

The people you call cheaters also can't just sit around at the same spot forever. They have to manage their energy, move around to not get afk-timered and keep umbra alive. 

And I know umbra's gimmick is there so he can fight with you, however space kid is far to weak to compete with any of the Index enemies.

Also: there is no need for everyone in the group to gather points, on the contrary that actually slows the rounds down. A dedicated point carrier is far better than that. DPS should never be your point carrier.

• Like 3

it's more of an exploit, there have been some in the past

since it's not game breaking or giving a player advantage over another player they might not prioritize a fix for it but it'd get done eventually

vor 1 Stunde schrieb sammywa123:

Hello, just thought I would inform DE that certain people are using Excal Umbra to cheat in index. they use a rubico prime then sit in their operator and do not move the entire time, umbra then kills lots of enemies with the rubico. I would not complain about this but its the fact that they need to do it on public to make it useful as they cannot gather points themselves. Isn't there someway to make it so if players don't move at all they get 0 credits? anyway just rambling so ill stop here..... thanks

its no cheating neither an exploit... can do the same with Equinox and her Duality augment

5 hours ago, sammywa123 said:

Actually you can gather points while in operator mode, in fact its actually pretty safe if you play it correctly. I often leave umbra to do the shooting while I assist with my amp (void damage is a bullet attractor, which kinda helps considering how bad umbra's aim is), and collect the points that drops and do the scoring as well.

In addition, even if the umbra player isn't carrying points, its not really an issue as dps not carrying points is a common thing. For example, you really shouldn't expect someone going mesa to do the point lifting.

Also, you definitely have a misconception of what cheating is, using umbra + sniper is at best utilizing the game's normal mechanic to achieve efficiency. Using your way of thought, anyone who takes chroma to one shot limbs on eidolon is also cheating.

excal umbra is not a "cheat". u can faceroll index either way, solo or in a team and if someone uses excal then so be it. i dont see anything about that being a "cheat" since its just his innate special ability so to say. if someone uses it in a "regular" mission would u complain too ? index is just a more unique mission but in essence just the same. if u complain about something like this u might as well start complaining about "basic" abilities being used because there is 0 difference between umbras special property of being wannabe auto pilot on operator mode and any other ability u can utilize. its also not a bug, so "bug abuse" also does not apply which makes me wonder if this is actually a serious complaint or just ranting without real purpose...

• Like 1

Umbra in auto-bot mode, Scales his Level to match the enemies (like a Specter), yet retains the use of your weapon mods (unlike Specters).

We don't use him because we intend to AFK, we use him because he Scales Infinitely and is extremely effective at getting kills no matter how long the match runs.

And you Do need to interact with the game actively to use him, can't just read a book or something.

He gets 'distracted' or stunned easily by enemy aoe attacks and I have to manually move him to safe places and position him so can get a clean shot.

Any WHY? are you complaining in the first place?? he's Helping You. The Index Credit Returns are shared for all the squad.

Do you Not like being Carried? Leave Squad then.

Next you're going to complain about Limbo 'cheating' by casting Stasis Cataclysm on the Corpus Deposit Box and preventing them from scoring...

• Like 1

my point was that this person was not moving at all just standing there the entire mission while others did the work turning in points for him... I could care less if he was actually helping..funny thing is, his operator was never targeted by the enemy and he never went invisible.. im not the only one that was seeing this as cheating everyone else in the squad was claiming to report him. I guess I was just the only one doing it here. anyway thanks for the comments

Its not cheating.  No, they wheren't turning in points,  that doesn't make anyone a leach either.  Typical play in the index usually comes down to..

A - Carry - People bring a tank to pick up everything that drops and turn in once they reach 15 or 20 base count

B - Kill - People show up on a DPS frame to quickly kill enemies, they usually take a solitary position on the map and keep an area clear

C - Both - Some people show up to Kill and Carry

I don't look down on the killers any more than I'd look down on the tanks for being too tanky.  All 3 of those methods are viable and contribute to the games success in the index.  If anyone wants to put up an argument saying it leans heavier one way or another I'd say you're just inexperienced and haven't been in there long enough to see all 3 versions play out pretty much equally.  I have.

There are other less used methods like using Ash or invis frames to avoid being targeted.  While these methods can work great as well I'd say some of them where a little less fair to group play as it makes the visible frames the center of attention, maybe attention they don't necessarily want to own.

I wouldn't call this guy standing still in one place a cheater or say they aren't contributing to play any more than I would say a Mesa doing the exact same thing is cheating.  Its just how the index is played. Duality Equinox can do the same thing.  The only main difference is you see an operator standing beside the warframe that is not moving, instead of just a warframe that is not moving.

Right now it just feels off because the Specter version of Umbra doesn't register the kills to the player so things just "appear" to randomly die. 

Its still not cheating,  other frames do this, its typical index game play, and all within the bounds of how DE built Umbra.  If how DE built Umbra and its specter form are an issue, I'd go post your thoughts in the Feedback > Warframes section.

• Like 1

It'll be nerfed somehow by DE at some point, it could take several months, but this is exactly the sort of stuff DE likes to nerf (play styles that are not engaging and just promote afk play). I just really hope the passive doesn't become useless or boring after the nerf, because I honestly really love it. It'd be a shame if they nerfed this too hard just because people have been using it to farm Index. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb --END--Rikutatis:

It'll be nerfed somehow by DE at some point, it could take several months, but this is exactly the sort of stuff DE likes to nerf (play styles that are not engaging and just promote afk play). I just really hope the passive doesn't become useless or boring after the nerf, because I honestly really love it. It'd be a shame if they nerfed this too hard just because people have been using it to farm Index. 

thats the problem. ppl complain over nothing serious as if it was though and in the end its nerfed into the ground.

On 2019-02-20 at 4:53 AM, sammywa123 said:

But it works and it’s effective so why complain. You people are the reason fun stuff is removed. This is why we can’t have nice things