The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator sortie

(PSN)SouthSideSwanga

IThe stream tonight gave me an idea and I’m wondering if people think it’s a good idea: operator only sorties.

Now it could either be a new condition or like an arbitration, where it’s a separate sortie altogether.

The separate sortie can either be run by suda since she’s friends with the arbiters and she wants to study the operator or by the quills to train the operator. The requirements for suda would be the same as arbitration, like all nodes unlocked, and for the quills you would need to be max rank with them so that way the beginner players couldn’t join and be horribly outmatched by even the weakest enemies. They would hopefully be at a point where they can stand a chance by then. 

The operator only condition is pretty self explanatory. It’s like rifle only or bow only, but operator only. The challenge wouldn’t be too bad for experienced players, but with no way to lock out beginners, they would still struggle. This is probably not the best idea, but still possible. 

This seems like it could be fun to me and could allow some of the less used operator arcanes to have a place. Anyway, feel free to add any feedback or other ideas. 

Edited by (PS4)SouthSideSwanga

25 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Speed, being the main thing. 

Well Operators are very fast, the issue is that it is bound to energy consumption. It is essentially Itzal. You are extremely fast, but it is expensive in the long run. I am not sure how you make an Operator as fast as a Warframe without being completely busted. They do plenty of damage due to new Amps, but I agree with the lackluster mechanics of their speed.

If you combine both Magus Melt and Virtous Surge and a good Amp you can have the highest Radiation base damage, Unairu to strip armor of the Gunners and Lockdown to scale damage.

That takes a lot of work for any Operator Only Sortie outside of self-challange,

Well giving operators +1 additional magus arcane slot per maxed focus school would be a nice start :D

Ofcourse you can't stack arcanes anymore to balance it..

Also make them a bit faster and less clunky to move around.

Edited by Aeon94

Void Damage will have to ignore armor before this becomes a thing and necessitates clunky armor strip mechanics the operator themselves cannot achieve.

Something like spy would be ok, but Exterminate would be horrific.

What would happen if your operator loses all their health? If you either fail or have to use a revive, you basically force everyone to either use magus replenish or Vazarin. If it works like every other operator only quest mission (you get the operator floating then resetting), there's no challenge.

It's a great concept, but operators themselves lack defensive options in the context of solo operator play. If you don't use magus replenish or Vazarin, you'll be miserable, and if you do, you'll be invincible. It wouldn't be horrendous, as there would exist options to make it feel good to play, it's just that the gameplay loop of the mode would be super basic. Again, that wouldn't be bad if it's just some little thing you do a dozen times to get everything out of it, or something you do once a week like maroo.

While I do like the idea, they need to be separate from normal sorties, we all know most players don't like operators and haven't invested anything.

Also, there should be a minimum requirement of having a built & gilded amp (no mote amp, even if gilded).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Well Operators are very fast, the issue is that it is bound to energy consumption. It is essentially Itzal. You are extremely fast, but it is expensive in the long run. I am not sure how you make an Operator as fast as a Warframe without being completely busted. They do plenty of damage due to new Amps, but I agree with the lackluster mechanics of their speed.

Ff you keybind a pizza energy,you gain energy quickly while in operator mode quickly, that being said you will be wasting a lot of pizzas

Operator only mission would suck at this stage of the Operator system here i why (imo) :

Operator schools focus system is disgusting imo, you basically have to chose 1 upgrade on an area from 5 (energy, agility, health, strength and armor) whit the ability's focused on the Operator (Like more energy for the AMPs and Operator or Health) are all way-bound (aka : school locked) I wont find Operators viable (independent of the AMP damage) until either DE makes passive ability's not way-bound (I think the non passive ones should stay school locked) or adds a modding system to Operators and AMPs (Arcanes arent enough to make them viable imo), because i dont think a Operator would be capable of going to a level 60+ mission and come out alive whit how things are now.

Plus DE hinted about Operator Melee weapons, so i am quite worried to where they wanna go whit the Operators.

But to simplify : Make passives not way-bound, give Operators and AMPs a modding system.

8 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Void Damage will have to ignore armor before this becomes a thing and necessitates clunky armor strip mechanics the operator themselves cannot achieve.

Something like spy would be ok, but Exterminate would be horrific.

Exterminates are the easiest. Specially if you have Magus Melt and Virtuos Surge. They stack and make Radiation damage. An Amp that has 3500 Base Void damage will have 7000 Base Radiation with those 2 maxed.

Also:

Sundering Dash

Using Void Dash through an enemy will reduce their armor by 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 75%.

edit: freaking hell, copying from the wiki makes the text weird.

Edited by Kaotyke

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I like the premise but the Operators need a lot of work before I'd support being required to use one exclusively.

Speed, being the main thing. 

Definitely...either that or some sort of Operator armour or defensive abilities. They're far too fragile to do whole missions with atm.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Exterminates are the easiest. Specially if you have Magus Melt and Virtuos Surge. They stack and make Radiation damage. An Amp that has 3500 Base Void damage will have 7000 Base Radiation with those 2 maxed.

Also:

Sundering Dash

Using Void Dash through an enemy will reduce their armor by 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 75%.

edit: freaking hell, copying from the wiki makes the text weird.

Dropping the mines with that other Arcane that deals %Damage would be wiser.

Sundering Dash in itself is under one of those clunky mechanics I am talking about.  You have to go into void mode, dash etc etc.