Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

Could be good, really depends on what these challenges/tasks are...

"You can expect “Elite Weekly” challenges for those looking to earn more faster. The challenges can range from completing certain mission types to performing certain actions/tasks and everything in between."

...hopefully something less tedious than a lot of the riven challenges. Could we get some examples?

The one nice thing about alerts was that if you just wanted to jump into a random squad you could always find a group, I don't know how this will affect that.

"5x Kavat Genetic Codes - Since we are removing the Genetic Codes from the Alerts, we will be increasing the chance of earning 1x Code per scan from 15% to 25% and applying Resource boosters will to scans!"

Much sadness. 😞 Any chance of removing derelict keys or changing them to be build once to unlock the node permanently?

• Like 1

This is fantastic. There have been so many times that I've checked the alert feed and noticed the mods I needed were up for grabs when I was sleeping, cooking dinner or left the house for more than 10 minutes (which is something that happens like once or twice a month). This is why I've ignored the alert system for the most part and only picked up Gift of Lotus alerts and some stuff that has happened to pop up while I've been online. So for me this is a very welcome change and something that will keep me playing more.

To avoid player confusion and common complaints, add a descriptive line under each such as an indicator whether it can be repeated, information of the reward only being received week ("I've picked up the Ayatan treasure 5 times and got only one, game is buggy trash"), information of what the reward is (large number of questions such as "what do I get for helping Clem?" will be avoided).
Be sure to leave a note on where to get this new currency that is not solely this very article in the forums and the update notes, since a lot of people will not even care to read let alone look for when logging in months after the patch is out.

Perhaps it will be easier to make new things user-friendly and then slowly go backwards than just rework a bulk of old systems that are currently lacking.
A candle will be lit for the Codex.

7 minutes ago, JazaJ said:

Yeah but we stockpile everything else in this game.

Everything/Everyone does it wasn't/isn't/will never be a valid argument. Is there a reason everything does it?

The developers need a means of effectively retaining their playerbase, which means providing them with a reason to play. Massive stockpiles of resources that let players ignore resource grinds with impunity quash these reasons to play before they even begin.

Edited by Ventura_Highway
  • Like 1

This changes look pretty solid and well rounded. Maybe some further adjustments might be needed but overall its all good. The only thing that its not stated its if theres daily cap as the other sindicates. If there is, that would be really not that helpful for newer players. Hope theres no daily cap tbh.

Nice, can we have a system like this for Sorties as well?

Steve just mentioned on stream how luck gated systems are outdated for alerts, so why not clean up the sortie rewards as well?
The RnG in there stops me and many of my veteran friends (veteran imo = no life or with the game for ages [1k+ hours]) from even doing them, as daily Anasas, potatoes and boosters aren't rewards but reasons to quit the game for us older players.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm really hopeful for this! This could get rid of so much of the frustration of randomness. For example, it took me months to get a Grineer sheev set because I had to get lucky to finally look when the last part was available! It was absolutely frustrating! This method is potentially a LOT better! "You want the Sheev? Here it is. Go run some missions to get the money to buy it!"

I have serious concerns about this. Not with regards to the gameplay, fun or rewards but with the immersion, story and feeling of warframe. Part of the reason why Second Dream works so well is you're this mysterious force that goes out on "time limited missions" to save people and sabotage enemies and then you discover "Oh, this is who you are". It gives some feeling of variety to an otherwise static grind through planet missions to unlock the next node for new players. 

As a 2500+ hour player, do I run alerts often? No. Do I wish alerts had better rewards? Yes. Is my immersive experience in WF BETTER because of alerts I do not run? 200% yes. Just going to the console and seeing these things out in the system happen makes me feel more connected to the game's universe and my ship.

I'm all for improved systems and better things, I'm just not sure alerts totally need to die for this.

If this new system abides by the standing cap I might scream. This entire game is pretty much built on timegating, and where you can bypass that with plat, i.e. rushing build times, I can understand the purpose. As far as I'm concerned, though, the standing limit serves no purpose beyond making me wait 5 days to do something I could've done in 1.