Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

@[DE]Danielle could you explain a bit better how Wolf Creds are gained?

As for now (at least for me) the only sources of Wolf Creds are rank promotion (and that also means they are one-time grant and cannot be grinded from this source) and challenges (of which we know extremely little). Are challenges repeatable? Are they ranked? Will you explain a bit more on them?

According to the name (The Wolf of Saturn) does it imply that those newbies without Saturn unlocked will be locked out of the new system completely (unlike alerts, that was available everywhere)?

Because with "War on the Grineer" the corresponding alert was essentially locked out from new players that was not progressed past Europe.

Hi Danielle. I might have read wrong but there's something not really clarified here.

To get items you need "Wolf Credits" but to earn Wolf Credits, you need to rank up. So there's no way to stack up Wolf Credits indefinitely? From what I read, you only gain standing from completing challenges, not Wolf Credits. Does that mean the total amount of "event credits" is limited per Nightwave series, meaning it's not possible to get all the items in the rotation?

I'd like some clarifications if possible. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Hi Danielle. I might have read wrong but there's something not really clarified here.

To get items you need "Wolf Credits" but to earn Wolf Credits, you need to rank up. So there's no way to stack up Wolf Credits indefinitely? From what I read, you only gain standing from completing challenges, not Wolf Credits. Does that mean the total amount of "event credits" is limited per Nightwave series, meaning it's not possible to get all the items in the rotation?

I'd like some clarifications if possible. Thank you

Standing for challenges = Wolf Credits, and you'll more than likely be able complete them more than once

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You can expect “Elite Weekly” challenges for those looking to earn more faster. The challenges can range from completing certain mission types to performing certain actions/tasks and everything in between.  

I loved everything I read and am super excited about the Nightwave, only the quote above made me a little concerned about what these "elite" challenges will be. I just really, really hope it's not stuff similar to riven challenges... I'd rather do challenging missions against high level enemies with gear restrictions and sortie like modifiers or some such than perform those menial riven challenges. 

20 minutes ago, Jynx41174 said:

Standing for challenges = Wolf Credits, and you'll more than likely be able complete them more than once

It's stated otherwise.

"Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks.So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! "

From my understanding:
- Standing =/= Wolf Creds
- Standing is used to rank up, not buying items
- You get Wolf Creds from ranking up with standing
- Wolf Creds is used to buy items in the Nightwave

Therefore, if it's like any other syndicates, there's a limited number of ranks. If you get creds only from ranking up, it means you get a limited amount of credits since there's a finite number of ranks.

That's where my concern and request for clarification comes from.

Edited by Casardis

3 hours ago, Moosh101 said:

If this new system abides by the standing cap I might scream. This entire game is pretty much built on timegating, and where you can bypass that with plat, i.e. rushing build times, I can understand the purpose. As far as I'm concerned, though, the standing limit serves no purpose beyond making me wait 5 days to do something I could've done in 1.

if i have to choose between luck based (acolytes event) and timegating (syndicate)

i would pick timegating.

its not fun to play the game to death and not getting anything you want!

8 minutes ago, Casardis said:

It's stated otherwise.

"Unlike existing Syndicates, you do not use the Standing earned to purchase offerings. Standing for Nightwave is unique in that it is used solely for rising up the ranks.So for Wolf of Saturn Six, each rank reached unlocks a special reward specific to Wolf of Saturn Six (primarily cosmetic and others!). You will also be granted Wolf Creds that you can spend in a specialty Cred Offerings shop! "

From my understanding:
- Standing =/= Wolf Creds
- Standing is used to rank up, not buying items
- You get Wolf Creds from ranking up with standing
- Wolf Creds is used to buy items in the Nightwave

Therefore, if it's like any other syndicates, there's a limited number of ranks. If you get creds only from ranking up, it means you get a limited amount of credits since there's a finite number of ranks.

That's where my concern and request for clarification comes from.

from my understanding, each wolf mission will reward you standing (like syndicate) and wolf creds (like traces)

How long does each series last? it was mentioned that the first 'wave' of the series would last about two weeks. What happens to the currency when the event expires? does it simply dissolve into thin air like Argon? Does it become something that sits in our inventory forever and is useless?  Are these perhaps on a rotating 'season', where we might see wolf again in about a year?

4 hours ago, djtotato said:

from my understanding, each wolf mission will reward you standing (like syndicate) and wolf creds (like traces)

That's what I'd like to think but nowhere in the opening post does it state it. All instances of Wolf Cred gain is from "ranking up" in the workshop so far.

EDIT: Ah I found it!
"The current Alert rewards will be moved into a “Cred Offerings” store, where they can be purchased with currency earned from completing Acts (challenges) and ranking up with Nightwave. Reward tiers will also be available, debuting with some purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables (along with some items new to Warframe!)"

Edited by Casardis