Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, Dobroazur said:

The same reason why you can't buy Fortuna related item with the Cetus standing. New stuff comes out, you have to farm to get it, otherwise we can all stop playing the game today.

Yeah, but I didn't lose my Cetus Standing when Fortuna came out or when Plague Star dropped, did I? No, it's still there for me to use as I see fit, no resets, no denying progress, no time gating.

• Like 1

As someone who has just come to the game a little over a year ago I have to say I have been doing only very select alerts lately (Tellurium, Kavat codes, quick Nitain missions etc.).

I like this idea especially with the inclusion of the inventory slots as an option but I guess it all depends on the ease of earning standing and the cost of the rewards.

As long as it doesn't feel like an extra rep grind (Cetuuuusss!!) <--- need double loot weekends so we can farm some gems and wisps! oh...but then there's still the breath needed...

Nice change, seems pretty cool, but i don't agree with a few points, personally:

I'm not sure i like the currencies being temporary. I understand rotating offers, but i don't like the disappearing currency idea. I've had a very bad experience with a similar change in another game where they removed a currency i was saving for one of the expensive rewards, but i was unable to login to the game during the period they were removing it, so i lost all of the effort i had put into it. I don't think Warframe is so good with handling rewarding player effort that you should be doing temporary currencies.

I don't mind the cycling inventory, but i think you should keep the currency the same, and if players don't like the remaining offers on one cycle, they should be allowed to carry over into the next. Otherwise the alternative is people NOT PLAYING at the end of cycles because it would be useless. Not a good system imo.

I don't think it's a good idea to remove Endo and Void Traces...

Void Traces can be earned from fissures, but when you're spending 100 to get 20 it's not viable. Unless you increase Void Traces rewards by 15-20% at least, it will become problematic, especially for newer players who can't accumulate as much.
Same can be said for Endo, the more reliable Endo sources come from the end of the star map, removing that boost from alerts can become detrimental to everyone, but especially new players. That being said, you seem to have forgotten to improve on Arbitrations, and removing Endo from other rewards won't make that content more appealing, but will make the overall game experience LESS.

Also resources like Tellurium, and arguably Argon Crystals should probably be kept in, sure now you can get tellurium from bounties in Fortuna, but it's still too RNG compared to a fixed reward, i mean this is a great way to remove RNG from rewards, but removing all resources would just force people into other RNG.

The same RNG issue is applied to Nightmare Mods. I think it would be better to just have a hourly Nightmare Alert so people don't have to "farm" Nightmares to get X mod, but can just wait for that cycling event to hit the mod they need. This would also fill up the Alerts tab a bit.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, what's the point of time gating these again? Cause if it really isn't because of monetization, as Steve said, then I genuinely see no reason for the time-gating of "Wolf-Creds". What's the point of playing this mode if you can't save up on currency for when stuff you need does pop-up?

Like, this mode will drop, I'll do like 1-2 missions to get the Wolf-Creds I need for that brand new thing they have, then I'll ignore it until the next season cause there's no point in playing cause I already have everything else? That doesn't exactly sound like an improvement on Alets. At least with Alerts, if something caught my eye, like Nitain or Kavat DNA, I would have done the mission for the heck of it, cause I could stockpile that stuff even if I didn't need it. But it sounds like there's no point in doing that with Nightwaves, since I can't stockpile anything. I get what I want and that's that? ...Why?

Genuinely, why is there a need for Wolf-Creds to expire? Why can't we have Night-Creds and roll them through seasons. At least that would feel rewarding, not like I'm wasting my time.

I agree. This system seems like an extreme upgrade for new players, but hardly worth anything for players who have done many alerts. A Tonkor desert skin is not enough to engage players, especially when your points expire. 

• Like 1

I also don't see how doing 2-5 or 6 (or higher) missions to get that one thing you want versus doing only one mission is better.  If a catalyst popped up, you do the mission and you're done.  Now we'll be farming a bunch of missions to get that catalyst.  I don't see how that's better, honestly.

• Like 2

This sounds great to me.

My only real concern is how long these series will be (which will dictate how long we have between resets of currency). If it's a period of months then it fine, but much shorter and there's not much option for leisurely play.

I also wonder about old series. My thought is after 3-4 series have played through, they could start being rotated, with new ones added to the rotation as they're developed. This would let new players see the old series, and if there are exclusive cosmetic items, give players another crack at them as well. And if you don't need any of the exclusives, there's still plenty of catalysts and reactors to buy.

Only thing i will be missing with the end of alerts is a random mission that is guaranteed to have a full squad of players playing it... Would be nice if we had a "join random mission" type of thing. It can be hard to decide what to do in warframe once you get 100% of the things in the game. If the nightwaves change every 15 mins or so for what missions you can do to earn the rewards, then that'll be fine. Can't wait to try it out!

1 hour ago, (PS4)bigkeith24 said:

love everything about this with the exception of kavat genetic codes.  Wild kavat are nearly impossible to scan since they move so fast.  25% is still pitiful.

Do you have Rhino? Stomp. Do you have Loki? Invisibility along with Ivara and her Sleep Arrows, or Shade. Do you have Harrow or Khora? Chain them up. Do you have Inaros? Pocket Sand, or how about Frost? Freeze them in place. Do you have a Melee weapon? Slam attack to stun them in place. Do you have Limbo? Stasis, or Gara, Vitrify.

There is more than one way to scan those kitties easy. If you include a drop chance and resource booster, you can vastly increase that very generous 25% and also double what you get. If you use a Helios with the scan doubler, you get twice as many scans.  Don't forget there is usually more than one kitty roaming around in their pride. Throw in a Smeeta and you may get more than double.

25% is more than generous, I have more genetic codes than I know what to do with from the old 15% just by doing what I described above. DE should not hand everything to us on a silver platter. Sometimes you have to work for it.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1

il y a 15 minutes, Voltage a dit :

I agree. This system seems like an extreme upgrade for new players, but hardly worth anything for players who have done many alerts. A Tonkor desert skin is not enough to engage players, especially when your points expire. 

Well, you can always take the forma bundle when it pops up. I mean, you can always forma 1000 times the MK1s you started with, if you feel bored. Maybe you can buy bundles of 50k kuvas every 3 "hard" missions... 

Sounds good.  Interest in the lore based series of events.  Already piqued my interest with the new transmissions.  Very stylised.  The music and the voice acting gives a very stong impression of what you are trying to convey.  All the more impressive is that all this happens each transmission, and in a very short period of time.  

Is it wrong that the image I think about when Nora mentions The Wolf is

Marsellus: [calmly] Yeah, I grasp that, Jules. All I'm doing is contemplating the ifs.
Jules: [nervous] I don't wanna hear 'bout no ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, "You ain't got no problem, Jules, I'm on it. Go back in there, chill them Tenno out and wait for the cavalry, which should be coming directly".
Marsellus: You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on it. Go back in there and chill them Tenno out and wait for The Wolf, who should be coming directly.
Jules: [Jules pauses and becomes calm] You sending The Wolf?
Marsellus: Oh, you feel better?
Jules: [laughing] S#&amp;&#036;, that's all you had to say!

il y a 1 minute, b4timert a dit :

A potential problem is.

Is it worth doing?

lets say item x cost Y and it takes 5-6 hours to get but i can farm the plat in 1 hour then what is the point? or in case of forma farm void fissures and be potentially lucky and get a expensive part.

I'd pay plat for nitain and tellure... Although not 10 plat for one... that's a scam... 

Edited by TheSixteenth

Il y a 1 heure, Radagosh a dit :

Nice, can we have a system like this for Sorties as well?

Steve just mentioned on stream how luck gated systems are outdated for alerts, so why not clean up the sortie rewards as well?
The RnG in there stops me and many of my veteran friends (veteran imo = no life or with the game for ages [1k+ hours]) from even doing them, as daily Anasas, potatoes and boosters aren't rewards but reasons to quit the game for us older players.

This! And also as a beta player who was with you people almost from the start I feel i must say something now.
I like the change, I like how faceless alerts get some personality and lore with Nightwave. The only problem with this aspect could be the same DJ over and over, it was said by others and I'll repeat, people love some stations IRL but the game is repetitive as ANY other online game is, maybe less then most but still, so the more variety we have the better. Different music style/genre for each alert season (Nightwave)?
BUT the change to rewards I don't like. It's definitely good for new players, come on, we suffered enough of I go grab a sandwich and whooops something i was waiting for months is over. But for older players who got most possible rewards already it was more of "oh, there's a Capture mission for 10-15k, fast grab, nice". It was just some fast fun. Don't forget of older players, please.
And on rewards, "Alert Rewards that are not moving into the Nightwave Cred Offerings" are literally the only things I would run an alert other than Capture and maybe Sabotage. Oxium, Void traces and Kavat codes were really nice, Formas and reactors were too random and rare but still they were and they will be gone now.

Please consider adding something like Kuva to the evergreen rewards we can buy with creds. I'm sure there are other players in my situation that have no real use for potatoes or nitain and have long since built Vauban. Kuva, because of the way you designed the grind for it, is always needed.

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tier Rewards will include items new to Warframe

I have an idea for a new reward.

Operator armour pieces.

Just like warframes operators can have armour pieces that works like set mods. There are four pieces; helmet, arms chest and legs, each piece has a stat on them. It could be a possible reward where you receive a blueprint and depending on what resources you use will determine the visual appearance and stats. You can also combine two different resources together to get both stats but less effective than just using one resource and make different visual armour combinations.

Here are some examples;

Argon Crystal armour - Makes you reflect 8000 damage back at enemies

Oxium armour – Gives you 80% running speed.

Combined - Gives you 4000 reflective damage and 40% running speed.

There are three different visual versions of the (argon crystal) armour, adding more of the same resource will change its appearance. The point of this is that you can decide to choose two more appearance options if you don`t like the first look. However, adding more resources to it won`t change the stats.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

That timer simply indicates the length of that particular reward rotation within the Nightwave Series. In other words, Creds only expire after the whole Series has come to a complete close.

So this is like the old invasion season system? Items from a series will not be available from other series?... and will have to wait X-amount of time for that particular series to return??? etc

I agree that the only drawback to this system I think is either time gating or not being able to funnel players towards content (speculatively so far) to ensure full squads like the alerts do currently. I can SORT of see where the time gating is coming from in an effort to keep too many players farming a ton of creds, buying the shops stock out, and then not pursuing that content in other ways, but it's a slippery slope.

To explain in the alert system you currently go all in with others towards awards that are only available for a limited time. Without some kind of urgency you don't get players funneled towards the content, I get that. And if players could farm for Nitain/etc permanently all the time it could break any future grinds like say a new prime if they've already bought everything they need to make/craft the new content. But I think having the currency itself be time gated is something I'll have to see to be on board with when the event goes live.

Ducats already provide a very specific currency that works in limited time frames similar to this so I think in an effort to make it seem more "interesting" there's some people who will cry foul at possibly being shuffled towards a shop option to buy creds on top of plat.

I love the idea of being able to grind out what I want when I want, and like 90% of the system you're presenting. I think the content is spot on minus the time gating of the affinity/currency system you're providing, UNLESS of course you possibly consider implementing a "conversion" system for the future. So say the next event is a "Fox" event and we can convert wolf creds to Fox trots or something.

I get "why" but I still don't know if I "like it"