Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - The Wolf of Saturn Six: A Farewell to Alerts

[DE]Danielle

I am mildly unokay with the Nightmare mods being relegated into Nightmare mode, which I think is fundamentally broken because the mission mods seldom warrant serious build changes. But this is rather promising otherwise.

Like, let me elaborate. Nightmare mode is where you rush a given mission repeatedly for a one-off chance of a given mod. They are weighted to favor certain mods, of course. Spamming missions is nothing new in Warframe but encouraging going into Nightmare mode is an unfortunate sacrifice for the improvements to the alert system because nightmare mode is just as engaging as starchart content, which is to say not really at all.

In the future it might be better to add them to harder difficulty "new alerts."

Edited by Ventura_Highway
  • Like 4

This sounds awesome, but I'm a bit apprehensive about the "lore". Does this system expect new Wolf-related lore to be written continuously as time progresses? Or is it a small "lore bomb" upon release but not necessarily being continuously updated?

I hope it's the latter. Writing lore continuously as time progresses is not an easy task, and we all saw that it was rather infeasible with the Synthesis Imprints.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JazaJ said:

Unless I am misunderstanding, why do the "wolf credits" expire? Seems pretty silly. Rank up > get wolf credits > don't spend them > they expire > ???? > no grofit.

Probably the same reason Argon does, to prevent you from building a megapile that you just build/buy everything with in the future.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JazaJ said:

Unless I am misunderstanding, why do the "wolf credits" expire? Seems pretty silly. Rank up > get wolf credits > don't spend them > they expire > ???? > no grofit.

If I got it right, they meant it will expire after the series rotates. So when "The Wolf of Saturn" moves to...idk, "The Bear of Pluto", you will have to play the new Nightweave in order to get the rewards, thus preventing players from getting the goodies for free

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

Probably the same reason Argon does, to prevent you from building a megapile that you just build/buy everything with in the future.

2 minutes ago, ArautoDaBad said:

If I got it right, they meant it will expire after the series rotates. So when "The Wolf of Saturn" moves to...idk, "The Bear of Pluto", you will have to play the new Nightweave in order to get the rewards, thus preventing players from getting the goodies for free

Yeah but we stockpile everything else in this game. I don't see the point in adding another syndicate where players need to grind points in order to get what was available from 1 alert before.

Yes, people miss alerts, but the game doesn't need more grind attached to more sydicates where your "rep" expires. Sorry don't like it.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

All of the below rewards were added to Alerts retroactively to try and make up for Alerts being a bit 'missable'. None of these items originally launched in Alerts.

• 5x Kavat Genetic Codes
    • Since we are removing the Genetic Codes from the Alerts, we will be increasing the chance of earning 1x Code per scan from 15% to 25% and applying Resource boosters will to scans! 

As understandable as this is, maybe have it be a 50% chance from the scans, but also make it a 15% chance as a drop from kavats. This would help easy the transition out the alerts.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Nightmare Mode Mods

• Will still be able to be earned by playing Nightmare Mode missions! 

This is understandable, but we could potentionally see in future nightwaves, nightmare specials, which would allow for us to do nightmare missions to get more credits and let us get the one nightmare mod we want for a price

• Like 3