Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Changes Part 2

[DE]Connor

I'm not too fond of riven dispo changes. Some people spend thousands of plat into rivens only to get nerfed. They should let the people who already bought the riven keep the stats, but have the nerfed stats only apply to the rivens that are just unveiled after the riven dispo changes. Cause i feel like that would remove the outrage from people that love rivens... and trade chat ofc, and it's a lot more fair that way to those that do invest towards them, with real money or not.

17 hours ago, RaZdoT said:

I'm not too fond of riven dispo changes. Some people spend thousands of plat into rivens only to get nerfed. They should let the people who already bought the riven keep the stats, but have the nerfed stats only apply to the rivens that are just unveiled after the riven dispo changes. Cause i feel like that would remove the outrage from people that love rivens... and trade chat ofc, and it's a lot more fair that way to those that do invest towards them, with real money or not.

The Riven economy is already a mess. Making the time of unveiling a factor would make things a whole lot worse.

This idea could be decent if trading a Riven would update its disposition to match the most recent dispo adjustments.

Am 22.2.2019 um 22:04 schrieb [DE]Connor:

We are also making one slight change based on feedback from our last Workshop: past Disposition changes have been primarily based on weapon usage stats, where more popular weapons received lower Dispositions, and vice versa.

Sad, just sad. Nobody wants to use crap weapons with high dispos. There's a reason that some weapons are more popular than others.

Am 22.2.2019 um 22:04 schrieb [DE]Connor:

we have compiled our own internal ranking of weapon power levels, which will be referenced in addition to usage stats to reach our final numbers. As further tweaks bring us closer to “ideal” Disposition numbers, changes should become less drastic, reinforced by our internal rankings providing a solid baseline.

We all know your internal rankings are a joke because a balance team does not exist which you have proven countless times.

@[DE]Connor

Thanks for all the info for some cool changes to come for rivens.  Was wondering though....

Can the rivens be changed back to just the basics (melee / rifle / shotgun / pistol)? I'd rather a bigger pool on getting something more useable.  Getting a specific kit'gun riven isn't as exciting as getting a pistol riven (with a kit gun riven be an option when unveiled).  Same thing with a Zaw Riven...  why can't it just be a Melee Riven and the zaw options are pooled in with all other melees?  

Will there ever be riven mods for the Kavat | Kubrow | Moa's?  Since there were* rivens for the sentinel weapons... the pets/moa's are left out.  I used to rock the Carrier Prime all the time, but now use the Smeeta way more, but it would be nice to give it some more power / survivability / enhanced buffs...

So instead of fixing the broken kuva system we have you’re going to punish people that have grinded hours of your game to either roll the riven they wanted or farm/buy enough platinum to buy it

k and you guys wonder why you get so much negative feedback

the last “change” dropped my perfect vectis riven so that my negative mag cap no longer gave me 1 bullet, what’s next you guys gonna make my crit chance below 100% so my riven is entirely pointless ?

amprex. Something that was nerfed last time while the synapse (which kills faster ) was untouched

sobek, which I had a damage+multishot+status chance riven had 100% sc then you guys nerf it so I had to add another dual stat mod, all while the kohm which is one of THE strongest guns in this game, riven remains untouched because you didn’t want to ruin its “100% status” 

Nerfing snipers makes no sense what so ever. The only place people use them is eidolons so obviously they’re all having high usage, all you guys have done now is given me a early warning to go sell all my expensive rivens and basically scam people who don’t know of this change 

good job, add new challenging content to the game? Nah man that guys amprex is insta killing level 30s let’s nerf the riven disposition even though the riven doesn’t make a difference til like level 150 LOLOL

If kuva was easier to farm prices on rivens wouldn’t be so absurd

its the kuva that’s the issue and as usual you guys ignore it

it takes hours to farm enough kuva for like 20 rolls to the point that nobody farms it 

On 2019-02-22 at 4:04 PM, [DE]Connor said:

These numbers were adjusted by hand where we deemed appropriate, but players have suggested we should take it one step further - going forward, we have compiled our own internal ranking of weapon power levels, which will be referenced in addition to usage stats to reach our final numbers. As further tweaks bring us closer to “ideal” Disposition numbers, changes should become less drastic, reinforced by our internal rankings providing a solid baseline. 

I hope this means stuff like the Braton, while a nice early-game weapon, will see some extra life and performance since it's hard to make it do more than compete with some high MR weapons even with a Riven installed. My Karak demands to be heard on the battlefield!

I think the vision behind these changes is good.

My feedback after delving a bit into the whole riven system and farming kuva:

1.) I love re-rolling my rivens to try something new for my different weapons, but the kuva usage in the later re-rolls is too high in my opinion. Perhaps a lower kuva requirement for the maximum and minimum roll?

2.) As another poster said, the power creep between different weapon variants (default, vandal, prime, etc.) can be addressed with a riven multiplier that changes based on weapon power and popularity for each variant.

3.) Perhaps a look at the least used 5 to 10 percent of weapons? 

4.) A gradual increase in kuva with a limit for the endless kuva mission.

5.) Perhaps after 50 re-rolls a "back to beginning" where the riven starts from 0 again with all new stats.

18 hours ago, SukiLoli said:

When you have almost everything in the game, cycling the riven is the only thing you could do, and they discourage you from doing it, you know it's time to uninstall the game and move on to other games. 

Indeed, with all the kuva farming and sortie runs I now no longer feel the need to do either.  Seems like I wasted huge chunks of time on my rivens that I could have spent on other games.  A problem I have fixed moving forward!

8 minutes ago, Dougram said:

Indeed, with all the kuva farming and sortie runs I now no longer feel the need to do either.  Seems like I wasted huge chunks of time on my rivens that I could have spent on other games.  A problem I have fixed moving forward!

The difference between you and me... I love the grind. DE gives me the huge pay off for the huge grind... Its a perfect balance. Sad to see ya go.

The game is easy enough that you do not even need a riven except for bragging rights. Player's greed and their need to min and max is what caused the riven system to be the bloated mess it is today. While stat locking would go a long ways towards making rivens more unique and not just stat grinds, as they are now, the high prices are entirely player driven. Not DE fault.

On 2019-02-23 at 1:44 AM, Casardis said:

Does that mean it's possible that a gun with a disposition of 5/5 becomes 1/5 after about 16 months, if it's deemed "too powerful and used" due to having a more powerful Prime Variant out, making that weapon more popular?

Yes.

The riven system was - in the original intention - was a faikure from the start.

In general: bad weapons are bad weapons no matter the icing.

Rivens in their current implementation cant brige trash stuff to the top tier. The riven system created a way to actually have more fun because with already good guns you were able to reach higher play harder stuff. If you force your failed at the start theory about rivens you kill another fun part in the game.

Strengthening something weak may male it mediocre but WF is full of mediocricity - what we need is stuff that stands out separates stuff from bore.

I dont care about trading and riven prices aimply try to enjoy the game and you make that harder with every update and "brilliant idea".

Le 22/02/2019 à 22:04, [DE]Connor a dit :

First things first: as stated previously, we will be revisiting Riven balance periodically.

Revisiting will be useless as long as there won't be separate rivens for tenno original weapons and prime versions. This doesn't make any sense, many prime weapons are utterly powerful compared to their basic counterpart and these shouldn't benefit from 4-5* disposition.

Kitguns and Zaws have lower disposition, i don't get why a Tiberon prime kept its really high one with such stats. That's where metas start, wait for a decent prime weapon with 5* and here i am, power creep ! This is only leading to deception since this rivens are going to be nerfed anyway.

On 2019-02-23 at 8:30 AM, moooooski said:

I really hope (RUBICO) (AKJAGARA) gets a nerf prices are crazy 1.4k for unrolled come on 😄  and also want to see some salt nice work DE

Wow PC prices are al ot higher and PS4.

I have a rubico riven with +cc +cd +ms -neg. What sort of price does that go for on PC? (as I use rubico prime it is not actually for sale).

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2019-03-05 at 7:06 AM, NYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYX said:

just remove them from the game already.

I would say if they were to do that they would probably have to compensate players who spent all the time and or plat to get good rivens. Not any cheap stuff either, like life time's worth of rare resources and infinite credits essentially and that would not even come close to being equivalent still. Of course I could be exaggerating a little but removing rivens would be a mistake for a variety of reasons besides the possible income loss for DE...

It seems rivens do change stats in your inventory regardless of whether you trade, reroll, or not. Wasn't the point to not affect players that have a good riven and instead address market issues? People are getting mad about fine tuned rivens getting changed in their inventory. I think rivens already in inventory should only change if you accept a reroll or trade.

Display the changed riven during trades and a warning. I think this would keep priceless rivens (to the player) from being sullied in their eyes. But it would keep the market from being exploited.

Honestly DE forced changes down our throath, like Hema obscene resource cost or saryn 3rd rework, under the pretense of not invalidating the effort of the community, then alters something that's in my inventory, that I invested time and resources for (in actual time, kuva, rerols and RNG or tons of platinum) without my say so? and with no compensation?

A bit too much of a double standard here!

Just leave our inventory as is and apply changes if the affected rivens are traded or rerolled further, with very visible warnings about it.

I'd post a more in-depth comment if I knew people would read it but here's the sum of what I think a contingency plan for rivens should look like (for whatever plat its worth)

1. Increase capacity

2. Scaling kuva on kuva survival 

3. Changing riven transmutor eidolon drop to a stat saver (on subsequent rolls, keep selected buff or curse, max of 2 stat saves per riven). Stat saved rivens become untradable. 

As much as I want to keep all my current stats and just have an un-rollable relic from a begotten era, I guess that kind of defeats the (unfortunate) purpose  

On 2019-02-27 at 7:27 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

The difference between you and me... I love the grind. DE gives me the huge pay off for the huge grind... Its a perfect balance. Sad to see ya go.

Yap, people got their own time, goal, and schedule.

If you want to spent 6hours everyday, good on you mate.

But not all of us want to do that.
Not because we are to lazy to do that, but remember... time, goal, and schedule.

15 minutes ago, wesleyhuang said:

Yap, people got their own time, goal, and schedule.

If you want to spent 6hours everyday, good on you mate.

But not all of us want to do that.
Not because we are to lazy to do that, but remember... time, goal, and schedule.

I have a job, wife, home to take care of... Im an OG gamer. I didn't call u lazy,  putting words in my mouth.

Archived