Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular opinion: stamina bar should return

BeardyKyle

This idea was originally just for pvp to make it a bit more interesting. But Since we have vehicles in open worlds now that we can access anytime I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to bring the stamina bar back. Personally i think spamming bullet jumping endlessly makes travesing most tites trivial and you don’t actually have to utilise parkour. 

I think a stamina bar that drains if you bullet jump or double jump repeatedly should be added. But it doesn’t affect sprinting or wall running/hopping, in fact wall performing parkour restores it faster. 

Edit: using the term stamina bar has definitely triggered some folks. Lets just say bullet jumps would work similar to operator dashes with the cooldown after you do a few in succession, but with every other parkour action you do also reducing then time time before you can use it again

Edited by BeardyKyle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BeardyKyle said:

Personally i think spamming bullet jumping endlessly makes travesing most tites trivial and you don’t actually have to utilise parkour.

So then with a stamina bar, you get punished for utilizing the parkour too much. Not a good idea, except maybe PvP since people's biggest complaints about it is that people fly around way too much too quickly. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

But Since we have vehicles in open worlds now that we can access anytime I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to bring the stamina bar back.

This is not a good enough to warrant such return. Majority of Warframe's content is still in the starchart where the environments are more compacted and narrowed, yet the distance from start to objectives to finish can be large.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Personally i think spamming bullet jumping endlessly makes travesing most tites trivial and you don’t actually have to utilise parkour. 

The game's a shooter, an action game. Traversing the tilesets isn't what Parkour's for, counter-intuitively. It's for empowering the player during the flow of combat, which no-stamina parkour does wonderfully.

Now if we could actually get enemies and tileset design that makes doing any of that worth it, that'd be great.

• Like 3

Dont restrict the movement, its the thing that seperates Warframe (the most) from other games and is a huge funfactor.

Btw: You say we have vehicles in OpenWorlds, thats true, but in 90% of the rest of the game we dont.

My unpopular opinion though: I'd like to see a stamina bar for Warframe abilities maybe (and maybe even the removal of energy-pads) 😀

If something needs to be restricted in Warframe, its probably our insane power, not the movement.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

This idea was originally just for pvp to make it a bit more interesting. But Since we have vehicles in open worlds now that we can access anytime I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to bring the stamina bar back. Personally i think spamming bullet jumping endlessly makes travesing most tites trivial and you don’t actually have to utilise parkour. 

I think a stamina bar that drains if you bullet jump or double jump repeatedly should be added. But it doesn’t affect sprinting or wall running/hopping, in fact wall performing parkour restores it faster. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

mood lol GIF

Stamina bar was nightmare to manage and it would punish you for use parkour in this game especially with parkour 2.0. It was a terrible system and deserves to be forgotten 

If you want a challenge for parkour wait tile gas city rework where tiles require it to traverse safely.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

2 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

So then with a stamina bar, you get punished for utilizing the parkour too much. Not a good idea, except maybe PvP since people's biggest complaints about it is that people fly around way too much too quickly. 

No you get rewarded for it. The drain only applies to consecutive uses of the bullet on the ground. For instance bullet jumping, wall hopping then bullet jumping again woulf have no downside

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The game's a shooter, an action game. Traversing the tilesets isn't what Parkour's for, counter-intuitively. It's for empowering the player during the flow of combat, which no-stamina parkour does wonderfully.

Now if we could actually get enemies and tileset design that makes doing any of that worth it, that'd be great.

Definitely this would need an update to the tilesets. 

I think removing the spammyness of the bullet jump would cause the player to focus more on the flow of combat. 

Just now, BeardyKyle said:

I think removing the spammyness of the bullet jump would cause the player to focus more on the flow of combat. 

The movement IS the flow of combat. Warframe is built on the tenants of 'Player power by virtue of extreme speed and extreme firepower, measured by vulnerability'. Slowing us down doesn't help that.

Improving enemies and environments so that using it in interesting ways is rewarded by not dying does.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

This man, listen to this man.

Instead of nerfing the parkour, make the game's maps better suited for the mobility we have.

Yup, game maps definitely need a change but would that stop you from just bullet jumping through everything? The current system doesn’t do anything to highlight movement any more than the tiles do. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

mood lol GIF

Stamina bar was nightmare to manage and it would punish you for use parkour in this game especially with parkour 2.0. It was a terrible system and deserves to be forgotten 

If you want a challenge for parkour wait tile gas city rework where tiles require it to traverse safely.

Agreed the old stamina bar was a mess but that took sprinting and everything into account. I’m only suggesting it for bullet jump. 

This will definitely make movement much more interesting. I do agree spamming bulletjump does get a little mindnumbing and the game mechanics has plenty of underutilized potential like wallrunning.

If they can ballance the wallrun buff and stamina bar well it'd make the game feel less arcady and makes certain mods and arcanes worth investing on.

3 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Agreed the old stamina bar was a mess but that took sprinting and everything into account. I’m only suggesting it for bullet jump. 

Still a terrible idea to kneecap a system just cause you don't like people trying to traverse in a effective way cause maybe they don't have time to play missions for a long time.

3 minutes ago, kambinks said:

This will definitely make movement much more interesting. I do agree spamming bulletjump does get a little mindnumbing and the game mechanics has plenty of underutilized potential like wallrunning.

If they can ballance the wallrun buff and stamina bar well it'd make the game feel less arcady and makes certain mods and arcanes worth investing on.

My man. Honestly I take the direction the game is going and things the devs have said into consideration. The proposed changes to wall run as well as redesigning tiles to be more vetical would benefit from this. Not to mention you miss so much of a great looking game when you’re spamming bullet jump.  

I’m thinking the simplest way to balance it is by having any wall run/hop, slide and even sprint refill a “Kenetic Bar” and propelling yourself into a bullet jump drains the bar.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Still a terrible idea to kneecap a system just cause you don't like people trying to traverse in a effective way cause maybe they don't have time to play missions for a long time.

I’m one of those people. The way the bar would work definitely would not hinder this in most cases. 

The complete unconditional unfettered access to any and all parkour is the life blood of the movement system, which in turn is part of the life blood of the game as a whole. Trying to emphasize parkour outside of bullet jump by preventing its use beyond the once per ground/wall contact is dumb. Having level geometry that emphasizes non bullet jump parkour should be the way to go.

17 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Yup, game maps definitely need a change but would that stop you from just bullet jumping through everything?

I find it utterly hilarious that you haven't realized that the operator's void dash is several times more ""broken"" than bullet jump could ever hope to be. Anyone who has used the naramon void dash waybound in conjunction with the zenurik waybounds knows what I'm talking about.

• Like 1