Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suspended from Region Chat, want to know how what I said was bannable;

BadLoompa

Got suspended from region chat today. Fun, right? Anyways, I had been on most of the day, I probably spent about 2 or 3 hours in total just talking in chat. Before getting off for the day, I decided to check my nightwave standing because I was curious how far I got. I saw that I was missing about 5k rep. This is a common bug I believe, I've seen lots of people talking about it. So in chat, I said 'I keep getting the bug where I lose 5k nightwave xp. How many times do I have to restart my game, DE? :P' Now, this is what - at least I think so - I got banned for. It's fair and all that they banned me, I don't really care, I just want to know what was so bad about what I said? I even said it in a jokingly, sarcastic way. Any answers will be appreciated, thanks in advance Tenno!

Only support could tell you but tbh by the time they answer your ban will have passed.

People get suspended from chat everyday for nonsense.  

I got a suspension once for writing the lyrics to All Star in Warframe format... apparently the offending part was "And all that glitters is Prime!!!" because I have the nerve to put 3 whole exclamation marks and that qualified as spam.  Welcome to the unhinged Game Ban Chat.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 7

Whenever my younger cousin comes over I always block all the chats just in case he wants to play/watch me play warframe. Recently I opened the chats again so I could trade some prime goodies. I logged in when night wave dropped and the first thing I see in chat is: *Licks mint chocolate chip ice cream* 

You're either a braver man than I or that's just a ps4 thing.

The chat moderation has been an issue even prior to consoles being a thing. The chatbot for PC Kickbot and w/e its twin is called are super poor IRC chat bots and all bans bar the one about using X number or higher of capitalised letters gets no reason unless its a moderator and even then that rarely happens. 

1 hour ago, BadLoompa said:

I probably spent about 2 or 3 hours in total just talking in chat.

The fact that people can actually spent that long in Region Chat never stops to amaze me. As someone who disabled RC long ago, due to whatever childish nonsense goes on over there, I can't help but laugh whenever I see posts like getting banned in RC.

Support won't remove your ban, they have no power over it since moderation is done separately. I got a 24 hour ban the other day because I told someone they were making a transphobic remark, I contacted them and they basically said there's nothing they can do, and they didn't know whether it would be 24 hour or a week.

Edited by JSalari

Warframe has the worst chat moderation I've ever encountered in a game. Its best to avoid the chat alltogether or eventually you're going to get banned for no reason and then you won't be able to trade, talk to clan/friends, or make games in recruiting chat for a week. 

There's no published rules on what you can and can't talk about. It just comes down to whether the moderators like you or not. You only have to watch chat for a few minutes and you will see people being banned for nothing. I've never been banned myself because I don't talk in the chat but it still really affects my opinion of DE as a company.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 541K4T said:

The fact that people can actually spent that long in Region Chat never stops to amaze me. As someone who disabled RC long ago, due to whatever childish nonsense goes on over there, I can't help but laugh whenever I see posts like getting banned in RC.

What's wrong with helping new players, asking questions, and answering questions? I always stay out of the random debates that go on, though, which I can agree are childish

1) DE uses kick bots (they don't have to pay them - just fuel their "bannable" words and symbols combinations)

2) "[literally any sort of text], DE" Is now bannable for a week. Why? I don't know, but something tells me that these Canadians went 101% insecure.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

I logged in when night wave dropped and the first thing I see in chat is: *Licks mint chocolate chip ice cream* 

Thats the Brooklyn guy, I've seen him as well.

He usually spams for a few hours every day lol

53 minutes ago, Teloch said:

1) DE uses kick bots (they don't have to pay them - just fuel their "bannable" words and symbols combinations)

2) "[literally any sort of text], DE" Is now bannable for a week. Why? I don't know, but something tells me that these Canadians went 101% insecure.

"hey what's up, DE?" nah you gotta be jokin

13 hours ago, BadLoompa said:

Got suspended from region chat today. Fun, right? Anyways, I had been on most of the day, I probably spent about 2 or 3 hours in total just talking in chat. Before getting off for the day, I decided to check my nightwave standing because I was curious how far I got. I saw that I was missing about 5k rep. This is a common bug I believe, I've seen lots of people talking about it. So in chat, I said 'I keep getting the bug where I lose 5k nightwave xp. How many times do I have to restart my game, DE? :P' Now, this is what - at least I think so - I got banned for. It's fair and all that they banned me, I don't really care, I just want to know what was so bad about what I said? I even said it in a jokingly, sarcastic way. Any answers will be appreciated, thanks in advance Tenno!

I got temp banned when switching between personal chats, clanchat, region, and tradechat once.

”WTT” got me booted for a day if I recall so check that.  

It was accidental but honeybadger kickbot...”he don’t care”.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

13 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Only support could tell you but tbh by the time they answer your ban will have passed.

*snip*

no, they can't, according to 2 different people from support they don't actually see anything
I went to them to inquire about why I got banned cause I couldn't figure it out, I was simply just watching chat, and then suddenly it stopped scrolling, went to ask why region chat was quiet, and turns out I was chat suspended

Spoiler

they responded about 2 hours later and said they can't help, said I should to go forums, so I went to feedback, talked about ways I think the chat ban suspension system could be improved and then my post was locked for "derogatory" term... was talking about how a typo could get you suspended, and thats why it was locked, so I went to the moderator asking if he was even human, and if he even read the post, TL:DR he didn't he got an alert for some word, and just copy-pasted the appropriate response and locked the thread, warframe Support, in game, on website, and in forum, is bad its the worst of any game I've ever seen. BUT according to the moderator I talked to they're working on it I asked were I could see progress on that and never got a reply back... but whateves

On 2019-03-02 at 8:35 PM, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

Whenever my younger cousin comes over I always block all the chats just in case he wants to play/watch me play warframe. Recently I opened the chats again so I could trade some prime goodies. I logged in when night wave dropped and the first thing I see in chat is: *Licks mint chocolate chip ice cream* 

Oh you're talking about Brooklyn. he always says he licks ice cream in chat. (yes its a Ps4 thing)

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I dare you to post that in region lol.

I don't even bother, DC chat is the only one I use and conversations don't happen all that much. Region is just a cesspool of unfunny memes and toxicity.

As it should be

In a game that's 17+ for adults they shouldn't treat their customers like children that need to be micromanaged.The chat just shouldn't be moderated at all. sure reporting people is fine sometimes but having a fascist chat that will ban you for anything is ridiculous. the more we delve into anarchy and freedom the better.        

On 2019-03-03 at 4:13 PM, o0Despair0o said:

Honestly, I would have banned you for that, lol.

Good call.

Doctor Pratchett was right.

three exclamation points is an early indicator of a diseased mind.

If no one stops them they may start using four!

If that didn’t stop, lotus help us,as many as five!!

ohgod.

it’s contagious

!!!

vor einer Stunde schrieb Midarc:

Good call.

Doctor Pratchett was right.

three exclamation points is an early indicator of a diseased mind.

If no one stops them they may start using four!

If that didn’t stop, lotus help us,as many as five!!

ohgod.

it’s contagious

!!!

topkek.