Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

15 minutes ago, hubrisnads said:

Does the Augur set work with her? I know she uses shields but that is a form of energy.

Literally anything involving energy doesn't work with her. Flow, Zenurik, Energy Siphon, Energy Vampire, etc. etc.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

SHIELD PILLAGE
Pillage a percentage of Shields and Armor of nearby enemies to replenish Hildryn’s own Shields and Overshields.

This ability doesn't seem to actually do squat against armor. If that's intended, she's going to be very underwhelming.

tl;dr She is undertuned.

Balefire - This ability has a hefty cost per shot, and lackluster damage which is further compounded by its aoe radius basically not existing, and requiring direct shots to ensure it actually does damage. It needs a damage buff (either base, or give it a good crit chance/multi) and an aoe radius that is actually useful/working. The slowdown from charging is also awful and needs to be removed.

Shield Pillage - This ability is either bugged, or just useless vs armored. Unfortunately, that makes her only really viable when fighting Corpus. Additionally, this design makes her almost useless when it comes to infested. I'd suggest basing it off of shields/health, rather then armor to make it more consistent across factions.

Haven - The cost on this is just absurd for what it does, especially combined with how useless her 2 is at regaining shields.

Aegis Storm - Same problem as Haven, but worse due to shields also being ammo which is compounded by the problems with her 2, and not being able to use 2 while its active.

Her passive is nice, but it doesn't fix the glaring weakness shields have, which is no damage reduction applied to them. If she had some sort of damage reduction to her shields, like shield armor, a % from her passive, a bonus from Haven or similar, she might be able to survive end game.

Overall, I like the idea behind the frame, its just really weak/niche in its current iteration.

Edited by Corvinna
  • Like 1

I already see everyone is saying it, but i'll just add my opinion also.

I don't think it's a great idea having Hildryns BP behind a Maxed Ranked Vox Solaris. It's take quite a bit of time (Waiting for daily resets) and grind (Fighting the Orb) to get there. I'm a MR26 player and even i haven't maxed out Vox Solaris because of the grind of having to play the Orb fight over and over again to get the Crisma Toroids. Sola, Calda, and Vega Toroids are't worth farming to use for standing unless you have boosters when you consider the drop rate and difficulty of enemies when trying to get the most amount of Toroids to drop. 

My suggestion is either to move her BP down to a lesser rank, make her drop from the Profit-Taker Orb, something else related to Fortuna or increase Sola, Calda, and Vega Toroids standing gain from 1,000 to 2,000 to help with the ranking grind (I think this last suggestion should be done regardless to give players the option to farm Toroids if they want to rank up Vox Soloris at a decent rate. Crisma Toroids far out-weigh the point of farming the other Toroids to the point where you're basically forced to run the Orb fight, which is not fun for everyone or they don't know how to complete it.

Edited by MacAaroni

Shield Pillage is not bugged but her synergy with the squad is on old Limbo levels.
We all know armor scaling in this game is out of hand, and dealing with them is one of the most important objetives on long/high level missions, while in the other hand shields are not a problem (not even in long Index runs). No one mods to get rid of shields, but most players mod to get rid of as much armor as possible. There will most likely always be someone in the squad with armor stripping mechanics, including CP. All of this makes Hildryn's 2 basically do almost nothing against armor, specially at lower levels as enemies have low amounts of armor. When you mod properly for it, she recovers a lot from high level grineer units, because have S#&$loads of armor, but squads use CP to counter that and render her 2 useless if you use 4 CP, it doesn't work at all.

Simply put, an optimally built squad makes Hildryn useless unless you only do low level missions. You have to forcefully gimp yourself and your squad in order to be able to use her kit on her full potential by not building against enemies resistances. This is a huge flaw when armor scaling is out of control and needs huge countermeasures.

Edited by Vanille
  • Like 4

My biggest issue: No DR of any sort.

Most frames survive with Armor, DR, and/or Quick Thinking (which is essentially your energy pool x2.4 as health, but working with armor), or CC the enemies so they don't attack. Hildryn has access to none of those (except for some expensive, barely-useful CC).

Shields have never been a useful means of survival unless you had a form of DR that applied to shields, since they can otherwise be melted off of you by enemies at any reasonable level.

Harrow has the same issue, but makes up for it with good CC, constant healing, and invulnerability periods. Hildryn has some minor CC and that's it. Sure, she takes 3 hits to kill instead of 1 (4 if you use the sentinel precept for instant shield restore) thanks to her passive, but that can still happen from an enemy outside of the range of your CC.

If her 3 cost less (or was duration based) and gave some DR to you and allies, I think she could actually handle high-level content with ease and be useful to her team. As she stands now, she's just too squishy, and if you take too many hits before you can recall your 2, you're dead.

(Please note that all of this is based on gameplay and stats I've seen in vids and streams, as I am still downloading this update. Slow internet sucks.)

Not sure if it's something worth addressing or if it's just a balanced weakness, but her reliance on her huge shields balanced by her tiny health pool make her extremely vulnerable to toxin damage, to the point that it's almost silly.

Is she actually supposed to fall in pits when you try to fly over them?

My initial impression of Hildryn is...not good. Aegis Storm is extremely slow, and locking her to Balefire only feels awful, especially when Balefire takes 3 days to charge.

All of her skills have really long cast time, so Natural Talent feels absolutely mandatory.

Balefire can't use Fulmination, which seems like a huge oversight. Balefire also simply does not actually deal enough damage over a large enough area to warrant both non existant crit stats, and an awful base status chance.

Shield Pillage not being castable during Aegis Storm is also bad, since it's her only way to deal with Toxin and Slash procs.

• Like 3

In my opinion Hildryn is a well rounded Warframe. All in all she's a good support/CC Frame with decent survivability.

Regarding her Abilitys:

Passive: Her Shieldgate mechanic works like this: With Overshields(which you can generate easily with her 2nd) you won't take damage to your Shields no matter how hard the hit is. As far as I tested this doesn't seem to have some kind of cool down. When her Shields ar depleted by damage or over use of her Abilitys all Abilitys are canceled and she is invulnerable for ca. 2sec after that the Invulnerability has a cool down period. This means you should dive for cover when the invulnerability is triggered otherwise you drop dead seconds later (tested against lv 145 Arid Heavy Gunner).

1. Ability: Balefire:

This is a solid AOE Secondary with limited self damage. It also has a little stagger which is nice 😊  Otherwise the only thing that bothered me a little is the brief delay after firing where you can't swap to melee (about 0,5-1) sec. But its all in all a solid spammable Ability.

2. Ability: Shield Pillage:

This is the Bread and Butter of the Frame. It strips Armor/Shields of Enemies within a good radius, and let's you sustain a lot of concentrated fire. When in distress start spamming this and you won't die when there are at least 2 Enemies near you. 

3. Ability: Haven:

This Ability is a little lackluster its great to apply Overshields to Allies but the damage done to enemies is rather low compared to the amount of shields the Ability consumes per second. As it is now this Ability Drains her Shield so fast, that it is suicidal to use while facing stronger Enemies. 

Edit: After trying a different Build I won't need a change to this ability, you are able to spread Hildryns Passive to the whole team and the CC is reasonable. All in all a solid Ability.

4. Ability: Aegis Storm:

The Range and CC of this Ability are great, the damage is not. What I find a little odd is, that you can't use Hildryns's Archwing Weapon while hovering, that would have been great 🙂 what I still have to test is how this ability works with Aviator and Agile Drift the 52% added DR could be pretty great 😁

Edit: Aviator seems to Work on her 4th which is nice and lets you sustain the ability for a longer time.

Tldr: Hildryn is a solid CC/Support Frame with good survivability (be wary of toxin damage).

Edit: I'm not disappointed that this is another Frame that we can get through Vox Solaris the Standing Farm wasn't really hard, 2-4 Profit Taker Runs/Day and you are at the standing cap for the day and that takes only about 15-40 min to complete. Its far more plannable how fast you can acquire those frames. And that is good.

Edited by Darkuhn
Frame Acquisition thoughts
  • Like 1

Locking her behind the Highest Vox Solaris Rank is ridiculous and a very concerning trend i barely managed to farm Baruuk because i hated the Heist (also the Boss fight) and was quickly burned out and now you expect me to Grind another Standing level AND farm the new Boss for her parts?

I'm very frustrated with this decision, i didn't mind farming difficult to get Warframe parts like Harrow, Equinox, Octavia, Nidus, Mesa and so on because most of the Missions are short, fun and can be done solo(!), farming Toroids and the Profit Taker AND later the new Boss is not (at least for me).

At the moment Warframe feels like it's getting too much for me, there's the new Nightwave with her time consuming Weeklies you HAVE TO do of you want to reach the highest reward tier, theres the new event where you have to farm 100 of the Thermia fractures (looks like a Personal Goal, please correct me if i'm wrong) the Toroid / Profit Taker Farm.

I'm sorry for ranting i'm just very disappointed.

Edited by Runkel79

Okay, a note about Shield Pillage: It is currently too enemy-dependent to work for Hildryn. Higher level enemies drop more shields, but her own shield consumption stays the same regardless of level. Grineer award less than Corpus, and can only be hit once, and I wager that most infested do not grant -any- shields. Shields recovered is immediately dependent on having a large crowd of enemies nearby.

To rectify this, here are my suggestions: Shield Pillage should have a base shield recovery value per enemy hit, regardless of enemy stats. Additionally, as long as the radius persists, enemies will continue to get ticks of Haven on them, increasing the amount of shields they feed into Hildryn. This improves Hildryn's general performance and performance against singular targets, without risking her being too powerful at higher levels.

Edited by Colyeses

Adding my voice to the many.  
Please stop putting warframe parts in Vox Solaris offerings, most players(as im sure you could find) do not care for the Profit Taker and Toroid grinds.  
I ended up skipping Baruuk altogether because his stuff is all in Vox Solaris, now with Hildryn in the max rank? hell no im not doing that.

4 hours ago, MacAaroni said:

I'm a MR26 player and even i haven't maxed out Vox Solaris because of the grind of having to play the Orb fight over and over again to get the Crisma Toroids. Sola, Calda, and Vega Toroids are't worth farming

Buy her with plat if you're too lazy to farm, then. 

Farming the Profit-Taker for a week or two will provide you with enough Crisma toroids to buy every single Operator Arcane Little Duck has to offer and still have a bunch to spare. 

I'm more worried about the Exploiter fight availability than Vox standing tbh...

5 hours ago, MaryoSlayer said:

and you need shadow rank in vox solaris to unlock her blueprint???? YEAH no thanks im not gonna play this warframe i guess.

Why is this a problem? Everyone gets max syndicate rank eventually and the only hard part about vox is the rng on the systems. Orb fights is extremely easy, and half a hour each day is more than enough to cap daily rep.

It is no grind, minimal effort daily or a concentrated effory during a weekend to get enough chrisma torids to cap the week. Effort yes but grind? You people never have experienced true grind..

• Like 1

Initial Impressions. This is after maybe 3 hours and 3 forma.

General: Her ability descriptions could use improvement. How long are her shield gates? Where are her shield gates? Are there any cooldowns? etc. Shield Pillage cleanse?

The loss of the ability to channel due to no energy pool is an issue maybe. Unsure how this will play out with upcoming channeling changes.

Base D polarity on Exilus slot does not feel good. IMO handspring/coaction drift are currently by far the most useful. For many players this slot becomes mandatory re-forma. For players like me lucky enough to have maxed primed sure footed the polarity matters not so much. Otherwise her base polarities are good. Dash in the aura and 2x D in the regular slots is generous and useful as many of the best aura mods are dash polarity and the player will mandatory slot at least 2 defensive mods.

Passive: My impression was that going from overshield -> shield and shield -> hp would trigger shield gates. The shield -> hp gate is useful and if the player is quick with their operator, is essentially a get out of jail free card. I think it is likely one of the more powerful passives available and should remain as is assuming the player isnt alseep at the keyboard.

No damage should be able to bypass her SHIELDS. not just overshields. WIth maxed redirection+primed vigor she has ~1.5k overshields. This is stripped very quickly by a small group of lv 100 corrupted heavy gunners in simulacrum testing making her somewhat vulnerable to bleed/toxin, mitigated by her 2's unintuitive cleanse.

Balefire: It's refreshing to see a 1 ability that can kill things. Very powerful up front damage. It's nice to see a non crit reliant exalted weapon. However the slow fire rate means that it's not especially good at stripping armor or stacking toxic procs for such a status heavy weapon. It appears to have infinite punch through on railings but not the floor or enemies? There is nothing that mentions such a mechanic but I have definitely shot through railings with the thing without punch through mods on the weapon.

There is a really annoying slow+anchor when firing/charging and that slow persists for about a second after the shot is fired. Either drop the slow+anchor the instant the shot is released or remove the movement penalty entirely or give Hildryn a damage reduction while firing. She is too exposed while facing higher level enemies otherwise which will almost immediately result in the complete loss of her shields which also means she is completely locked out of her abilities.

Shield Pillage: description is very confusing. What does 42% recharge mean? Each shield missile restores 42% of my shields? A flat number would be more helpful. What does "steal" enemy shield/armor mean? Is this ability a shield/armor strip? Description is unclear. There is a very bad bug that currently results in little or no shield gained back. Unsure what triggers it. Ability currently extremely inconsistent likely due to said bug. Sometimes hitting 2 enemies gives me full overshields from almost zero. Sometimes hitting 20 enemies gives me nothing. This bug has to be priority fixed as this ability makes/breaks Hildryn.

It has a cleanse mechanic that is not in the description whatsoever. Unsure if the cleans occurs when the back pulse completes or when shield missiles hit Hildryn. Either way it is unintuitive. The cleanse should occur immediately on activation of the ability. She does not have the HP to tank high powered bleeds/toxin.

Not worth further testing until bugs fixed.

Haven: Extremely punishing shield drain per enemy if any enemies wander into ability range for very little return. Damage is laughably bad. Otherwise it is a very decent support ability for allies as the drain per ally is reasonable. 

Suggestion Option 1: keep the drain as is but instead of locking onto enemies, fire soft-tracking balefire shots at 33% power at enemies that wander into range. This gives interaction with how players mod their Balefire launchers. Will make the frame feel top-tier powerful and worthy of being locked behind Rank 5 Vox + fissure event.

Suggestion Option 2: remove enemy lock on. Make this ability a low drain, pure support ability

Suggestion Option 3: Reduce the enemy drain by 50%, make the ability strip a % of enemy shield/armor each second.

Aegis Storm: Not good in its current state. Drain is too punishing. Ascending/descending/Movement speed is too slow and feels very bad, not "attack chopper" like. Hovering any significant distance above the ground results in Hildryn being a sitting duck from the loss of CC. Base damage from the ability is laughably low and does not compensate for the loss of CC. Lockout of normal/archwing weapons makes no sense and punishes the player for using the ability. Essentially mandatory must be combo'd with Balefire. Double balefire shots on a fully modded Balefire launcher ripped apart squads of lv 100 corrupted heavy gunner/bombard which is nice but the shots feel slow. I would like to feel as though I am raining missiles down on the enemy. Current charge/fire rate of balefire launcher is not conducive to this. Do the balefire shots from the dual launchers cost double the energy? Unsure. Need to test further but hard to determine with multiple simultaneous drains happening. Energy orb generation mechanic is forgettable. Does not noticably counter the shield drain, does not noticeably help allies (especially with the prevalence of Zenurik). Simultaneous activation of Haven drained shields from full in a few seconds. Absolutely not worth activating Haven.

Suggestion: Can keep the current drain. Double to triple ascending/descending/movement speed. Auto-equip dual balefire launchers which charge 2x speed with 50% shield cost. Keep the toggling of Haven as an option (especially if combo'd with Suggesion Option 1).

Edit: Her dash currently feels like it is there because it is cool. There does not appear to be any mechanic tied to it (contrast limbo dash = rift jump). Perhaps add in a mechanic like a "shoulder check". Dashing into enemies knocks them down. Fitting for a beefy looking frame.

Edited by ADirtyMonk
  • Like 5