Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates are out of control.

Skaleek

7 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Totally agree, this one is by far the most challenging(and by challenge I mean longest invested time). Major problem with ESO is the no resources as well.

I managed to farm the 2 new ones from the exploiter orb. Took about 100 runs. I like when it's from new content, eso is just painful for me, at my stage in the game.

im full on focus too, so on top of no resources, i dont even get focus. this is the problem with adding a brand new kind of cosmetic to an old game mode, it only really works out for new players going after the other stuff ESO has to offer. for me it would be a giant investment into getting something like that when ive already spent so much time there. 

OR they could just make them tradable, people will sell them, DE makes money, everyone benefits

On 2019-03-08 at 1:14 AM, Santana722 said:

They're cosmetics that are supposed to feel prestigious, that's the whole point.

oh so prestigious means farm this dang thing till you get a blood lusted rage over the exact shape of the bane of your existence. wow i must be really prestigious! sarcasm aside this is the wrong way to make a thing prestigious it does not make you feel good at all after farming the possible 100 dang times you tried farming it. it makes you feel "finally! the rng decided not to fight me for the umpteenth time!"

i have gotten the point where i have gave up on trying to farm the dang things and i'll just play my monster hunter generations ultimate for a while till anyone that think this is right gets off their high horse.

• Like 1

I’m feeling a lot of entitlement in these here parts. Is Warframe (happy snuggle) your first game? Did none of you play Handheld Final Fantasy where you’d be running between screens for a random encounter spawn. Farming elixirs for boss fights.  Or played any of the MMOs from the last 8-10 years? (Contemplates) Every RPG I’ve played since Everquest had huge farming timesinks, but they were worth it. 10 years later I still remember the feeling when my 4 month long farm finally dropped. It was epic. RNG sucks but it’s worth it and the rewards are more than just the item you got. I understand the general idea in these here posts but it’s not as bad as it’s being made out. All I’m long windedly saying is it ain’t that bad. See it more as enjoying the world you’re in, and less about your grind. 👍

• Like 1

I don’t mind a little grind and a little RNG, but I wish there was another way to build/earn the items... I don’t mind grinding for resources at all, but I have disliked the randomness of these drops... probably because they take a good bit of time... so I’d be ok with a very high ingredient recipe to build the cosmetics... make it terribly high, at least I can chip away at it and know I’m gonna get it after a while...

Edited by Softballbryan

I said this in another post but DE went the wrong way with this reward they should have just set a super hard goal but guaranteed the reward so maybe 100 waves of ESO and you get one of the guaranteed but you would have to last the 100 waves or maybe they set up a survival that starts at level 100 or like 120 and you have to last 3 hours. This would be fine because you would be guaranteed the drop and not just a chance at it but you would have to put in the work and come up with strategies that would save you. Also they would be pre built if they did this.

Well DE did say "Cosmetics that only certain players will be able to get"   - ie  % of players won't get them.

Do I agree with putting them as bait in missions that aren't fun like ESO? No.

Do I agree with their drop chance? Yes and I also think some should be Challenge based.

I have Electric and Smoke. I put a lot of time into getting them but I will probably never get Fire / Seed because I will not play those game modes. They're awful and if you're doing them for Ephemera then you might be doing it for the wrong reason and instead should be asking DE to make those modes not feel like a chore. When something has a low drop chance you tend to notice less when you're having fun. I know that can be rare these days but that's kinda what's wrong with DE's current development style.

44 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I said this in another post but DE went the wrong way with this reward they should have just set a super hard goal but guaranteed the reward so maybe 100 waves of ESO and you get one of the guaranteed but you would have to last the 100 waves or maybe they set up a survival that starts at level 100 or like 120 and you have to last 3 hours. This would be fine because you would be guaranteed the drop and not just a chance at it but you would have to put in the work and come up with strategies that would save you. Also they would be pre built if they did this.

From a filthy casual pov, (me) between Pre-Med and full time employement I will never do a 3 hr survival or defense. I just sadly don’t have time. Or really have time for anything that huge. Doing it this way it gives me some hope that I’ll get it one of these days. Or like Softballbryan said, a large recipe I can chip away at. But that is the struggle isn’t it? Make content for both sides of the gamer coin?

14 minutes ago, Purrfessor said:

I have no issue with the ephemera drop rate %  now that drakkar butcher drop rate on condition overload..if 1% or 2% is such rage inducing. What is ur response to its 0.04% drop chance?

I've had much, much better luck transmuting index mods hoping for Condition Overload than farming it. I've had 3 of them from transmutes (got one the other day, in fact), and only 1 from hours and hours of farming those damn butchers with a full Desecrating Pilfroid crew. Seriously, transmute is the better way. Burn index mods, extra stances, whatever gold mods you have lying around.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Want to have the Ephemera? Farm them, they are intended to be like that as a reward.

they were said to be intended to be a challenge so you can earn them. this isn't a challenge nor does this feel like they are earned. the feel like they are handed out when you least expect it. 

On 2019-03-07 at 11:09 PM, Warfoxzero said:

I have been trying to get adaptation, which is must have mod. It's frustrating. Upside is that I'm getting tons of Endo as I still have the mod rating of a MR 10-15 player, so many to max. 

Must have for... what, exactly? It's not needed for anything.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb maddragonmaster:

they were said to be intended to be a challenge so you can earn them. this isn't a challenge nor does this feel like they are earned. the feel like they are handed out when you least expect it. 

I think its a challenge to try and and not give up 🙂

3 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

I think its a challenge to try and and not give up 🙂

thats not a challenge that DE has set for the item but a challenge made by you. each time i ask. what is a challenge? or what is it to warframe? i don't see ephemera's a challenge or then every single thing would be a challenge since almost everything has a similar drop rate of single digits. a point strike runs with about the same rough drop rate as these ephemeras going from 0.57%-5% yet you can get if from anything. a common has the same drop rate as something that is so pose to be called a "challenge" to get but the only "challenge" is rather a test of persistence, patience, and luck which is the same as everything else in this game. a challenge would be lets say, actually trying to keep enough spiders off exploiter having a low number of spiders reaching exploiter, or have an eso run and not grab the extra time thingys or keep the onslaught above a certain amount.

while i have anxiety over any tough challenge i do know that this so called challenge for ephemera's aren't any different from everything else.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb maddragonmaster:

thats not a challenge that DE has set for the item but a challenge made by you

Yeah I wrote "I think", i dont mean it as it is.
It has the same drop rate as Point Strike but theres a difference.
Point Strike drops from 25 different Enemy types and from missions rewards and from Orokin Tower Containers.
You can get them everywhere while the Ephemeras get dropped in one specific thing.
Shocking Step and Freezing Step both from Exploiter Orb with a 3% drop chance could be higher.
Smoking Body from Shadow Stalker with 5% chance could be a bit higher too (and from normal Stalker as a drop too even tho it would make no sense then.)
Blazing Step from ESO Rotation C with 1,01% chance, the drop chance can be a bit higher.
Seeding Step Arbitrations rotation C 2% a bit higher too
Bleeding Body maybe the Kuva requirements from it a bit down but otherwise its fine.
I cant say anything about the Exploiter Orb being a Challenge as i haven't fought against it yet and i probably have no intention to do so but in the Patch Notes it said "! These new 'ATTACHMENTS' can only be earned and crafted by the brave. " i dont think killing the Shadow Stalker one time only to get it is a Challenge. I agree with raising the Drop Rate tho.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb maddragonmaster:

a point strike runs with about the same rough drop rate as these ephemeras going from 0.57%-5% yet you can get if from anything. a common has the same drop rate as something that is so pose to be called a "challenge" to get but the only "challenge" is rather a test of persistence, patience, and luck which is the same as everything else in this game.

Well, with Relics and drop chance its RNG, but not really comparable.

This. I don't want to farm ESO for 30+ hours at a 1% drop chance for a 50% probability of a blazing step drop. When odds are that low, it takes an excessive amount of runs to end up in the 99% range for drops. Some people are going to get screwed and never see these drops no matter how many times they run these missions. This is not a mark of prestige, it's a mark of how much RNGesus favours you.

2 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

These new 'ATTACHMENTS' can only be earned and crafted by the brave. " i dont think killing the Shadow Stalker one time only to get it is a Challenge. I agree with raising the Drop Rate tho.

i would remove the brave part because there is nothing "brave" about running these bosses and missions the only think i think about this is how much i want to rip stalkers arm off and beat him with it, then feed hunhow simaris, while ripping of exploiters flamethrower and roast her and her spiders, and then slap the arbiters of hexis around till the can't tell whats up or down.

i am really sorry that DE have to deal with me and anyone that tends to go postal anything that is related to this but i tend to get really annoyed when someone keeps on going "it's fine, it's fine, it's fine" and then proceed to tell me i am just wrong.

as i said before and i will say it again the drop rate of the ephemera's, rare relics, rare mods, are the same of everything else with single digits cept they only make them drop from specific mobs, missions, or locations. yet epherma's work like this "play this very long and drawn out over and over again till i "feel" like giving you the ephemera your looking for" and 97% - 99% of the time it is no. 

there is not clear and straight path of acquiring these ephemera's even with warframe rng standards, because they are tied to either drawn out do this missions like exploiter, elite onslaught 8th wave, and arbitrations with very low drop chances for what effort you need to do even more if you just a wandering player doing pubs or soloing this, or an extremely outdated bit of rng requiring a specific visitor to visit you in one of you missions aka stalker with a dismal drop chance which causes you to have to either run missions and kill specific bosses that stalker likes because as i found out only specific bosses trigger stalkers email of  "your actions have consequences!" or just farm void rifts till you can buy an unhealthy amount of stalker beacons from baro when he drops by with them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Want to have the Ephemera? Farm them, they are intended to be like that as a reward.

Except that a reward is a reward, and RNG is RNG. They aren't the same thing.

IF you got rewarded for your time and effort in this most tedious grind that anyone who isnt new has done too many times already, then people wouldnt be irritated.

On 2019-03-07 at 11:14 PM, Santana722 said:

They're cosmetics that are supposed to feel prestigious, that's the whole point.

Luck ≠ prestige

people with really good luck could get this first try. while people with terrible luck could run this 1000+ times and never see it. these things don't take effort, just a lot of time doing exactly the same thing over and over and over again until you hate the game and everyone who got the item in under 20 tries on a deep personal level. I've ran eso so many times just thinking about running it any more makes me wanna throw up and I'm still missing what was it's two rarest drops before ephemera became a thing. a 1% drop chance after a half an hour of arguably the most boring and tedious mission type in the game is unacceptable. no other ephemera is even half that unforgiving to obtain and its probably the least noticeable one so far. a 1% drop from the hydrolyst would be more fair. At least that's actually engaging and rewarding content

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the nekro but...

Imma post it everywhere ephemeras are mentioned. The drop rate is terrible. I would comment on the visuals but also after 101+ exploiter runs, no shocking step.

This is nonsense. Bad rng does not give vets incentive to play. Bad rng is DEs version of EAs "pride and accomplishment". Yeah I'm putting that evil on you DE

On 2019-03-29 at 10:42 AM, Maes_Sunsanxian said:

I’m feeling a lot of entitlement in these here parts. Is Warframe (happy snuggle) your first game? Did none of you play Handheld Final Fantasy where you’d be running between screens for a random encounter spawn. Farming elixirs for boss fights.  Or played any of the MMOs from the last 8-10 years? (Contemplates) Every RPG I’ve played since Everquest had huge farming timesinks, but they were worth it. 10 years later I still remember the feeling when my 4 month long farm finally dropped. It was epic. RNG sucks but it’s worth it and the rewards are more than just the item you got. I understand the general idea in these here posts but it’s not as bad as it’s being made out. All I’m long windedly saying is it ain’t that bad. See it more as enjoying the world you’re in, and less about your grind. 👍

The fact that it was much worse in the MMOs of the previous decade is not justification for it being bad in Warframe. In fact, I'm pretty sure that one of the biggest, most important lessons learned in the last decade or so of MMOs is that it's a bad idea to be super stingy with drops and putting terrible RNG on them. 

RNG may have been more agonizing in MMOs past, but even if it's less agonizing in Warframe, I'd say that's not really good enough because agony is the #1 emotion that video games should generally avoid inflicting on their players. 

On 2019-03-29 at 11:42 AM, Maes_Sunsanxian said:

whelp i feel sorry for you. that it took 4 months to get a lousy thing to drop in a mmo called everquest, but let me let you in a little secret. warframe is not everquest. warframe will never be everquest. i respect the game for it being one of the first starting mmorpgs. but thats a lousy  comparison cause if warframes rng gets that bad then DE seriously needs to re tweak the rng because nowadays no one likes wasting their time on arbitrary badge that feels like "i runned this many runs of this mission type and only got a lousy t shirt". 

plus warframe tend to go around the idea of go quick and get this done quick. i don't know about you but the last time i remember going to one of these end game raids in an mmo named champions online it took weeks to months to even find a group or raid to run with.