Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates are out of control.

Skaleek

Blazing Step Ephemera Blueprint Ultra Rare (1.01%)

@ RotationC : ESO

Seeding Step Ephemera Blueprint Rare (2.00%)

@ RotationC : Arbitrations

Guys, i already farmed these ad nauseum for my peculiar mods and the other mods. Stop making me go through this to the Nth degree every patch, its brutal. Also still need to have the stalker ephemera drop rates on the website. I have 28 despair blueprints, and 17 hate blueprints. You keep adding stuff to old, farmed content, at lower and lower drop rates. Out of control. Reign it back in.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Santana722 said:

They're cosmetics that are supposed to feel prestigious, that's the whole point.

The game needs more of these.... particularly in Nightwave.... then the things that are essential like Potatoes and Adaptation can be obtainable in less Strenuous Missions.

They're cosmetics that are supposed to feel prestigious, that's the whole point.

Marks of prestige should be earned off of definitive progress or achievement, not just RNG. Arbitrations in particular already HAVE a system in place to make a reward for having a set amount of accomplishment instead of it being entirely random how many dozens of hours you'll need to grind the same content to get a thing. But they made it a random drop instead of a yellow nitain purchasable anyhow?? Oh well, I guess, it's about as bad as the mod drop rates anyhow.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 18

Let me be real, not even korean mmos have gotten that bad. 

Personally im not necessarily bothered by it, but i can see where it can become an issue for many.

I'll admit RNG was probably not the best way to implement these. I was surprised when ESO first launched that they didn't decide to tie a standing mechanic to it: do a bunch of ESO, get standing, buy Vandal parts. if  we had gotten that system, sure, people would have moaned about Standing but you would have a means of purchasing these things now instead of contending with those drop chances, and then this wouldn't be a problem.

still, it's not a cosmetic I'm particularly interested in and knowing me I'll probably do a random ESO run for Nightwave and end up getting it first time, I always seem to get things I never really bother about within one or two runs of a given mission.

• Like 1

My problem is that because i've already maxed my reps, focus, weapons, gear. I have no reason to go back to ESO. Its a subpar game mode for resources. So if i want to get this ephemera. I have to run like 100+ (avg) runs of 8 wave ESO? That's nuts man. DE please be listening to me here. Find a better way.

I figured items like these were intended for players like me, but it feels like a giant slap in the face.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Santana722 said:

I'm not sure if showing off anything hidden behind Great Wall of Grind gives the one displaying it prestige. Myself, I'd feel sorry for these people who abandoned hope, fun and tons of their time for something as meaningless and silly as little footprint graphic effect.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

My problem is that because i've already maxed my reps, focus, weapons, gear. I have no reason to go back to ESO. Its a subpar game mode for resources. So if i want to get this ephemera. I have to run like 100+ (avg) runs of 8 wave ESO? That's nuts man. DE please be listening to me here. Find a better way.

I figured items like these were intended for players like me, but it feels like a giant slap in the face.

I mean, if you absolutely don't want to do ESO, then something that drops in ESO obviously isn't intended for someone like you.

I'm not even trying to be a jerk here, just stating the obvious. I have no intention of doing those nigthwave chores, ever. I have never done a 1 hour mission in Warframe and I'm not starting now. So the content that drops in nightwave is obviously not intended for me. 

10 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I mean, if you absolutely don't want to do ESO, then something that drops in ESO obviously isn't intended for someone like you.

I'm not even trying to be a jerk here, just stating the obvious. I have no intention of doing those nigthwave chores, ever. I have never done a 1 hour mission in Warframe and I'm not starting now. So the content that drops in nightwave is obviously not intended for me. 

No, i've done hundreds of runs of eso. I did it already. I farmed it. I mastered it. They're asking me to do it again. For a new player, they'll just go and run in there because they need other things and get this passively. For me i have to actively grind for a 1% item at 8 waves. THATS INSANE. How can you even begin to rationalize that?

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

They should have just made them plat purchases...

No. 100% not. I rather have to farm a mission a 100 times. I hate when all people that just pay get the nice things. Its good that they are not aviable otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

No, i've done hundreds of runs of eso. I did it already. I farmed it. I mastered it. 

Then you have to do it again. It has not a token system. Its pure luck and a item that really is special.

il y a 1 minute, rune_me a dit :

Not all of it. There are a lot of challenges you can do just by playing the game as you asualy do anyway. It is made for every kind of players of the community.

I'm pretty sure that rank 15 can be reached by the majority without even realy have to pay attention to it and still get some cool rewards even if you don't like nightwave. That's cool in fact.