Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates are out of control.

Skaleek

I'd rather them make it wave 16 at 100% drop rate. Just make it a milestone. Make arbitration Rotation #20. Make us EARN it, not grind it. That way when when you see someone with it, you know they accomplished X, rather than just "got lucky".

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, breakdafunk said:

Some would consider patience as an outstanding ability 😉.

some are insane

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I'd rather them make it wave 16 at 100% drop rate. Just make it a milestone. Make arbitration Rotation #20. Make us EARN it, not grind it. That way when when you see someone with it, you know they accomplished X, rather than just "got lucky". 

grind is the name of the game, especially grind without a pay alternative, which would be the point of grind in a f2p game. DE either lost their minds, or just want to do some weird ass experiment of how far they can push people.

• Like 4

Just now, Rawbeard said:

grind is the name of the game, especially grind without a pay alternative, which would be the point of grind in a f2p game. DE either lost their minds, or just want to do some weird ass experiment of how far they can push people.

I've noticed this too. All we can do is try to speak out on the forums. Thats really my only recourse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This would be pretty neat, though it would probably have to be moved further back than wave 16 or whatever.  Something like the prodman poster perhaps, was that what you had in mind?  But I can see DE’s side of this.  They can’t have everyone just running somewhere once and then having the new cosmetic and going back to griping about having nothing to do/nothing to grind for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Littlemike137 said:

This would be pretty neat, though it would probably have to be moved further back than wave 16 or whatever.  Something like the prodman poster perhaps, was that what you had in mind?  But I can see DE’s side of this.  They can’t have everyone just running somewhere once and then having the new cosmetic and going back to griping about having nothing to do/nothing to grind for.

Absolutely like prodmans poster. That way you know you did something special. Right now its just cruel.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skaleek said:

No, i've done hundreds of runs of eso. I did it already. I farmed it. I mastered it. They're asking me to do it again. For a new player, they'll just go and run in there because they need other things and get this passively. For me i have to actively grind for a 1% item at 8 waves. THATS INSANE. How can you even begin to rationalize that?

remember grinding khora? That was brutal. These drop tables for the others are worse. The seeded one is 2%, sure, but its on c rotation of arbitration. So mans asking me to either do arbit  till see every hour, or grind out and stay in long. Yikes.

6 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Earn it by running a mode once.

That's an awesome way to get people to play something and get free cosmetics.

I don't mind these being rare as long as there are a lot of them and they come from various sources. Same as 1% drop chance mounts in WoW, they make the game feel very special if you have one of those, because if everyone get it easy, it loses value. 

14 hours ago, trst said:

Where else would you propose they be put then?

Exactly what content do we have which hasn't had some reason to be farmed repeatedly already?

Maybe they could have made them earnable not by farming but by performing one very difficult challenge. Think riven or Nightwave challenges, but more.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

I suspect the reason they didn't do that is that it's very difficult to come up with a challenge in WF that can't be trivialized by the correct choice of equipment.

Going to wave 30 in ESO is pretty hard,,,

16 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Maybe they could have made them earnable not by farming but by performing one very difficult challenge. Think riven or Nightwave challenges, but more.

I asked that before... Absolutely that kind of reward is not for this game, you have  only to farm like a crazy otherwise you will not be happy.

Edited by bibmobello

I've been complaining about 2% or less drop rates for ages (these aren't the only things at 2% or less)... we're still getting them because this is DE's 'solution' to making players go back to things we don't want or 'need' to do anymore... yeah I know it's the wrong idea but DE just don't seem to see it like we do.

Edited by LSG501

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've been complaining about 2% or less drop rates for ages (these aren't the only things at 2% or less)... we're still getting them because this is DE's 'solution' to making players go back to things we don't want or 'need' to do anymore... yeah I know it's the wrong idea but DE just don't seem to see it like we do.

Yep. More people need to speak out.

• Like 2