Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates are out of control.

Skaleek

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ah ha ha ha.... ha ha ha... ha...

Oh yes they are, and always have been

I play them, my upgrade trees in BnS or vindictus are not at or less than 2%

My drops from dungeons in tera/bns/BDO/Vindictus are not at or less than 2% 

My upgrades in tera climb per failure and has a relatively high chance of success at 100% item exp

Korean mmos are grindy but they are not as savage as a projected 51 runs to possibly see a mod.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

My upgrades in tera climb per failure and has a relatively high chance of success at 100% item exp

Korean mmos are grindy but they are not as savage as a projected 51 runs to possibly see a mod.

Somebody's never played old Ragnarok Online, where the drop rates were, quite literally, in the 0.1-0.001%s.

That aside, I'm kinda glad they're a rare. The game has enough particle effects going on as it is.

Just now, Numerikuu said:

Somebody's never played old Ragnarok Online, where the drop rates were, quite literally, in the 0.1-0.001%s.

And that was fixed years ago, no one dares to pull that nonsense nowadays especially high profile games from.korea and Japan, hell iirc korean mmos are further modifying the games they release in the west making them very different than their eastern version.

But again it doesnt bother me personally but i can understand the frustrations.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

And that was fixed years ago, no one dares to pull that nonsense nowadays especially high profile games from.korea and Japan, hell iirc korean mmos are further modifying the games they release in the west making them very different than their eastern version.

But again it doesnt bother me personally but i can understand the frustrations.

With all respect i am glad to be not chinese. Most games nowadays are targeting the asians. I don't like to repeat the same mission over and over again for a carrot, i am nor a donkey!

Am 8.3.2019 um 08:09 schrieb Warfoxzero:

I have been trying to get adaptation, which is must have mod. It's frustrating. Upside is that I'm getting tons of Endo as I still have the mod rating of a MR 10-15 player, so many to max. 

How is adaptation a must have? I haven't missed it so far

23 hours ago, Skaleek said:

No, i've done hundreds of runs of eso. I did it already. I farmed it. I mastered it. They're asking me to do it again. For a new player, they'll just go and run in there because they need other things and get this passively. For me i have to actively grind for a 1% item at 8 waves. THATS INSANE. How can you even begin to rationalize that?

To answer that question: You don't, and you don't attempt to farm it. Simple as that.

7 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Somebody doesn't remember the big moneymakers

I remember quarter of a percent drops from Korea, Warframe doesn't even compare

7 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Go PEN a full set of BDO gear and tell me how KRMMOs have fair progression rates.

Oh, wait, you won't. Because you can't. Because only people who are clinically insane even consider going past TET, if they ever make it that far. Core gear stat progression locked behind grind and RNG so unforgiving that 99%+ of the playerbase will never attempt it isn't as bad as single-digit % drop chances on a couple minor cosmetics. Yeah, sure.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

remember quarter of a percent drops from Korea, Warframe doesn't even compare

Iirc maple story 1 is dead, maple story 2 got rid of that model, now look at Tera on pc/consoles compared to korea. Modified progression, its been made dramatically easier in the west to the point TS, FM gear were raw 100% chances and SC had a massive buff,HO gear requirements were further reduced. 

31 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Go PEN a full set of BDO gear and tell me how KRMMOs have fair progression rates.

Totally forgot about PEN tbh, it slipped my mind entirely lol, i will admit that ones garbage no excuse but the other 3 games i noted do not do that let alone have eased progression and apparently console BDO/Tera and soon to be BnS will be easy mode for the west.

I can already attest to tera changing hard numbers specifically for NA/EU. 

They seem very afraid to pull what they used to which is a good thing. 

Maybe i should fix my wording because people keep bringing up old games like ms 1

- Pve KrMMOs are not that bad in RECENT history as in the new or modified versions- and low single digit drop rate for a cosmetic means DE has to be aware that quite a few people will not get these cosmetics. 

They have created a system for a very few of the many, thats where i can see this being an issue.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

Guess I'm never gonna get any of them then.  I don't mind doing the odd bit of eso but a drop chance that low would likely mean having to devote dozens of hours in order to get the drop at the exclusion of everything else.   There's lots to do in wf, I don't want to grind one game mode ad infinitum for a cosmetic.  That's the good thing about nightwave, you can get most the stuff by just playing the game only having to go out of your way now and then.

Should have made these purchaseable through arbis or added them to nightwave.

• Like 1

You're complaining about something that you need to farm on the order of a hundred times... something probably attainable in weeks to months or at most less than a year. How is that out of control? Just play the game and forget about it and you will probably get it.

In Diablo 3, primal ancients have a 0.25% chance to drop from *any* enemy outside of the new first-time (and only one time) GR 70 unlock. They're not even something you can target farm like almost everything in this game! Try to see this as something you will probably get within weeks to months! 2% is large! This is completely reasonable...

29 minutes ago, nslay said:

You're complaining about something that you need to farm on the order of a hundred times... something probably attainable in weeks to months or at most less than a year. How is that out of control? Just play the game and forget about it and you will probably get it.

In Diablo 3, primal ancients have a 0.25% chance to drop from *any* enemy outside of the new first-time (and only one time) GR 70 unlock. They're not even something you can target farm like almost everything in this game! Try to see this as something you will probably get within weeks to months! 2% is large! This is completely reasonable...

I dont need anything from the game modes in question except the ephemera.... because im a veteran.

Yuck. ESO has nothing to offer me now so that's painful. That's why I just let that mode collect dust and as I put on conspiracy hat on, I think it's just a way to get people to spend a huge chunk of their time on a mode where they get very little ( unless you count focus ) in return and fends off people who have been playing a long time slowly acquiring more and more resources DE won't be able to get you to spend them all. So while you're time is split between ESO and any new content like fortuna, you aren't making up for it in the resources things like building gems/minerals/whatever that need another mineral or older resource to make lol.

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I dont need anything from the game modes in question except the ephemera.... because im a veteran.

That's fine. You will probably get it... even though each roll is independent, the probability you will get it increases by the number of times you play. Even 1% is large... Heck even 0.25% is somewhat relatively large (I have quite a few primals from drops). Though 0.25% could be on the order of a thousand which is fine if you're a killing machine.

Costs VS Benefit. 

Are you ready to sacrifice a few dozens of hours of your life for a bunch of pixels? Would they make you feel accomplished? You don't have better time investment alternatives?

If you can count at least two "no" answers, then you should not bother farming these things.

• Like 2

So I do have to agree with those who do not want to grind for this new ephemera and my reason being is that I've already grinded ESO beyond belief for focus and to get the rewards. I was happy to finally get everything from ESO and max my focus because it meant I never had to step foot in that mission again. I want to just be done with it for good. I don't want to have to grind like that for anything ever again. I'm sorry but if I still needed to go there I'd try to grind for the ephemera but because it's the only thing I need from there I won't spend countless hours grinding that. I get it's an achievement to get it (but not really because it's rng based not skill based) but I'm not willing to put myself through that kind of grind over something so that I probably won't even use.

I agree 1% is pretty ridic. Though on the other hand DE has purposefully designed items in the game that have so much more RNG layered over aquisition, of which can actually affect game play, you might be playing the wrong game if this level of grind, for a cosmetic, is too much.

Drops are the main reason anyone plays 90% of the content or modes in WF anyway, it's basically the one thing DE can do to keep people "wanting" to play things like ESO. As players have expressed above, they were relieved to be "done" with it after farming the entire drop table. Well, DE has addressed that doneness, and added new things to the mode so people who were "done" are now tempted to play more of WFs repetitive gameplay.

imo if they did more of a refreshed drop table rather than just slipping in some extremely hard to get things into a table many players have already spent ages farming, it wouldn't feel as grindy. But then again, it is WF, which is a F2P after all, so that sort of gameplay and RNG is part of it's fundemental design philosophy

To people who think this is fine and it shows prestige I want to point out that 1.01% means that there will be people who get it after 100 runs, people who get it after 200 runs and even unlucky people who will get it after 400 runs, lets not forget you get it from rotation C and since its from Sanctuary Onslaught it means its 20 minutes(its from zone 8 and each zone lasts 2m and 30 sec) for each chance, multiply it by number of runs and see how ridiculous it is, and not this system is NOT fair and doesnt show how much effort someone put because some people will literally have to put 4 times less effort then others to get it.

even trying to get the 2 from this event is annoying as hell, id rather they just put them in the market. i dont think ill ever get the eso or arb ones, cause like you i dont need to grind them, im done with that content, same with this event. i have all hildren parts, i dont need the rep, been grinding at least 2 hours for the frost one and im already burned out. 

wish they didnt feel the need to throw new stuff into old content with sub 5% drop rates. seems they dont think their content will hold up on its own without making player grind for a friggin trail that follows them for hours on end. just throw them in the market plats easy to trade

Seeding Step Ephemera Blueprint Rare (2.00%)

this one is reasonable considering arbitrations repeat rotation c forever after the first rotation c , meaning you have a lot more chances to get this one

HOWEVER

Blazing Step Ephemera Blueprint Ultra Rare (1.01%)

problem here is that rotation C happens every 8 stages, that is completely insane

that one is the bane of my existence, me and my friends were trying to get this one for the past 4 days , we must've ran ESO at least 50 times if not more , it's completely unfair 

for the love of everything holy please make rotation C repeat after 8 stages, I don't feel like this is an unreasonable request.

Edited by SelfishNeko

On 2019-03-09 at 9:44 PM, Ghogiel said:

you might be playing the wrong game if this level of grind, for a cosmetic, is too much.

except how hard is it to get prime parts to sell for plat to buy cosmetics. not that hard. you make it sound like cosmetic stuff is hard to grind for which just isnt true, especially if you just want a cape or something. if youre unlucky it would probably take more time to grind the ESO ephemera than get the plat to buy pretty much any cosmetic. 

also, your point about  "doneness" doesnt make much sense either. by this logic youre cool with playing the same exact content over and over as long as they throw early prime part levels of rng crap into the drops? if they added an ephemera with a 1% drop chance on starchart earth, youd be in there happily slamming level 5 enemies? i dont think you would be. 

the fact that they arent in the market even doesnt even reinforce your point that its an f2p game, where the model is usually you can buy the item, like prime access, or you can grind for it. the fact they are so rare and not in the market is pretty much just annoying, doesnt net DE any revenue, and just bothers vets like myself who have already played the content. it just doesnt make sense to disperse things that vets are after into old content. 

On March 17, 2019 at 2:12 AM, SelfishNeko said:

problem here is that rotation C happens every 8 stages, that is completely insane

Totally agree, this one is by far the most challenging(and by challenge I mean longest invested time). Major problem with ESO is the no resources as well.

I managed to farm the 2 new ones from the exploiter orb. Took about 100 runs. I like when it's from new content, eso is just painful for me, at my stage in the game.