Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3/10/19 Nightwave New Week challenge feedback.

Nyraxx

OMG OMG OMG. THANK YOU DE. I LOVE YOU. 

This week's challenges are in fact challenging, but allow us to do them in a variety of content, aren't time gated, and don't put limitations or requirements that put us in socially awkward situations.

(and no 60 minute timers :D)

They are also entertaining/fun like "do a level 30 or higher mission without being detected"

in summation: OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU DE I LOVE YOU.

5 sorties, not an issue but aren't there some people that can't do sorties due to them having max rivens...I'd prefer 3 like others too.

In all honesty nothing is hard this week but my god some are going to be time consuming and for some not fun and/or unnecessary. 

Edited by LSG501

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Unless it's like, 3 'endless' mission types it shouldn't be too bad per day.

No 5 is too much. You only get the missions 7 days a week. If you miss certain days you can't do it.

It should be 2-3 max. Unless DE decides to make the mission for 2-3 weeks.

There is an annoying one which is fishing. DE needs to specify which is rare and which is not rare. Especially when it comes to mining. New players don't have the mining tools to mine rare ores. "Catch 6 rare fish in Fortuna." I have not even started fishing yet in Fortuna. If it was just non-rare fishes included it would have made a huge difference.

Edited by Makemap

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Unless it's like, 3 'endless' mission types it shouldn't be too bad per day.

It's 5/7 days, 6 if you already did sortie the first day before nightwave rolled over.

Some people don't have time to play every #*!%ing day. This is not fine. This is not good. This is bad. Warframe is not a job. If it becomes too much of a chore, people will quit, not play more. As in, stop playing the game, and by virtue of it, stop paying attention to the game.

It's very hard to get entice new players. It's even harder to entice players back into the game after they quit.

Nightwave is going to make people want to quit. Those people aren't going to look back afterwards.

Once you burn enough bridges, you just aren't going to have a market left to sell yourself to. No matter how much the skeezy mainstream f2p market talks up forcing people to play like a job, how many of those F2P games have the longevity Warframe has managed to have? Warframe has kept it's players long-term by not being a skeezy mainstream f2p game that tries to suck the life out of it's players.

The other "challenges" aren't much better. Halls of ascension? RNG AF. You can get 4 in one mission, or 0 in 4 missions. Not fun. LV30 exterm without being detected? This challenge has been buggy AF on rivens since ever, I can't imagine they fixed it for Nightwave. 8 bounties again? It's not like it was good the first time around, it's not good this time either.

Nightwave is a #*!%ing disaster so far, and it only seems to be getting worse. At this rate, I'm not even going to give it the full season chance I intended to. There's clearly no light at the end of this, it's just going to get worse and worse and worse.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

46 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It's 5/7 days, 6 if you already did sortie the first day before nightwave rolled over.

Some people don't have time to play every #*!%ing day. This is not fine. This is not good. This is bad. Warframe is not a job. If it becomes too much of a chore, people will quit, not play more. As in, stop playing the game, and by virtue of it, stop paying attention to the game.

It's very hard to get entice new players. It's even harder to entice players back into the game after they quit.

Nightwave is going to make people want to quit. Those people aren't going to look back afterwards.

Once you burn enough bridges, you just aren't going to have a market left to sell yourself to. No matter how much the skeezy mainstream f2p market talks up forcing people to play like a job, how many of those F2P games have the longevity Warframe has managed to have? Warframe has kept it's players long-term by not being a skeezy mainstream f2p game that tries to suck the life out of it's players.

The other "challenges" aren't much better. Halls of ascension? RNG AF. You can get 4 in one mission, or 0 in 4 missions. Not fun. LV30 exterm without being detected? This challenge has been buggy AF on rivens since ever, I can't imagine they fixed it for Nightwave. 8 bounties again? It's not like it was good the first time around, it's not good this time either.

Nightwave is a #*!%ing disaster so far, and it only seems to be getting worse. At this rate, I'm not even going to give it the full season chance I intended to. There's clearly no light at the end of this, it's just going to get worse and worse and worse.

I agree with this one. Been playing this game for more or less 2 months already and also spent more or less $60 (this is a big amount from where I live). I am not enjoying the events so far and I haven't finished the Operation: Buried Debts yet since it suddenly kicked me out with some randoms after sometime and it did not record the fractures that we closed.

I want to keep up with the time and money I invested and with other players that is why I wanna do the events. Feels like this is forcing me to do the events.  

There are things that I haven't unlocked or experienced yet like the Orokin Vaults and the Halls of Ascension and not really good at fishing/mining and currently lack the materials needed for the rare fishes/ores.

None of this weeks challenges are remotely a challenge, but more of a borefest. In addition there is a reason that I usually dont play the missions that are in the current rotation, like vaults and lua: I dont need those mods. Forcing players to play content they dont enjoy at all isnt nice. Until now I have not seen a single benefit to the Nightwave system over the conventional alerts we used to have, at least I could decide if I want to play a certain mission for a helmet or nitain or not.

For an engaging system, you need worthwhile rewards. None of the rewards the Nightwave syndicate offers for credits nor the mission rewards for some of the missions you have to play offer that. Ascencion halls are boring if you already did them couple of times, because you enjoyed the tileset. Two years ago. Vault runs equally offer no benefit, as I have the corrupted mods I want/need aka all of those with spares for different builds. 5 sorties is something that working people cant put in their timeframe at all times, 2 or 3 at max would be better for them. Not because sorties are hard, just because you dont necessarily have time to log into warframe. For a game that used to be so much about player freedom, this system creates the opposite.

I would like to see something like adding the rewards from nightwave to the credit pool, remove challenges, putting back the old alerts and have them give credits. This way players could pace themselves how they would like to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaysus41 said:

Yeeeeea, looks like we aren't escaping controversy this week.

Sorties was similar when they came out, there was always a topic, always, this forum, reddit or steam forums always had 1 person complaining every single day, took months to actually see some progress, now it's just radiation missions complaints and boss fights.

Since nightwave challenges are more varied, they are bound to have player complain aswell, especially since they are a week long.

I think Nightwave's pacing is a bigger problem than any of the challenges.

Having to spend your weekdays on WF is pretty bad, though. Lots of people don't have time to play in the weekdays, and those people, who are more likely to have money, who are more likely to spend that money to not have to wait, are being told, in no uncertain terms, to #*!% off.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Makemap said:

No 5 is too much. You only get the missions 7 days a week. If you miss certain days you can't do it.

It should be 2-3 max. Unless DE decides to make the mission for 2-3 weeks.

There is an annoying one which is fishing. DE needs to specify which is rare and which is not rare. Especially when it comes to mining. New players don't have the mining tools to mine rare ores. "Catch 6 rare fish in Fortuna." I have not even started fishing yet in Fortuna. If it was just non-rare fishes included it would have made a huge difference.

5 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I suppose those are fair points.

Not the doomsaying, but I suppose it's reasonable that people wouldn't have the ability to play 5/7 weeks. 3 does seem a more reasonable number.

• Like 1

I dont mind the 5 sortie, because I can complete them really quick before starting my daily activities. But I get everyone’s point, What were you thinking DE? Are you guys listening to No-Life players? Not everyone can log in 5 times a week to do the sortie, if you guys reduce it to 2-3 Sorties then we have no complains.

Warframe is starting to become a chore or a second job than a fun game, the Nightwave system made it worse and lot of people will not like that. People play games to relieve the stress of real life and jobs not making it worse, for example the 60 min challenges. That challenge is next level of tediousness and it’s not fun and challenging and let’s not forget the harrowing Host Migration that forces you to do the challenges all over again if it happens, thus making us loses a bit sanity.  

I believe one of the solutions for the challenges is allow us to skip or switch the challenges with plat, I’d say around 25-50 platinum for the elite weeklies, 10-20 for the normal weeklies. This will reduce the complains and extra revenue for DE.

Also, bring the alert system back. Let it exist alongside nightwave, because the nightwave system is not new player friendly. 

Edited by DrivaMain

Yeah, 5 sorties is a bit much. 3 would've been a much better number. The chance to miss this challenge is too high, because you only have a very limited number of tries per week. Real life is a thing, DE.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I believe one of the solutions for the challenges is allow us to skip or switch the challenges with plat, I’d say around 25-50 platinum for the elite weeklies, 10-20 for the normal weeklies. This will reduce the complains and extra revenue for DE.

I get your point giving working folks an opportunity to pay to skip, but I don't think this will reduce the complains and rather open a very different can of worms. Also 10-50 plat is way too high for single challenges as you can buy a potato for 20 plat or 75 wolf creds.

Edited by Zeranov
Quoting

14 minutes ago, Zeranov said:

I get your point giving working folks an opportunity to pay to skip, but I don't think this will reduce the complains and rather open a very different can of worms. Also 10-50 plat is way too high for single challenges as you can buy a potato for 20 plat or 75 wolf creds.

Well I said it’s for weeklies only. But I do get your point, There are some benefits to the pay to skip like people can just cross the tedious challenges and then move on to complete the fun ones. you are not forced to pay plat to progress in the system.

I can see this not happening, but one can hope.

Edited by DrivaMain

Also, mining can be really, super, luck dependant.

I feel like Dailies should be a mix of incidentals and a bit out side our comfort zone but doable.  For example, killing Eximus was incidental, while Sanctuary Onslaught was outside most comfort zones, either because newbies or because we've moved onto ESO.  However, both are skill dependant.

I don't have an issue with the fish thing, mostly because if you bait they will come.

15 hours ago, Nyraxx said:

This week's challenges are in fact challenging, but allow us to do them in a variety of content, aren't time gated, and don't put limitations or requirements that put us in socially awkward situations.

Really? I saw nothing challenging about them compared to the previous two weeks that actually had a couple interesting challenges... you should have said "thanks for making it easier for me" instead.