Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

[DE]Megan

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hildryn can use her custom dodge while in Aegis Storm at the cost of her Shields (50). We're starting with this cost because many abilities of this nature have movement restrictions that can be overcome with Augments (Peacemaker, Resonating Quake, Assimilate). We want to try out a movement cost before we tweak further based on feedback. 

Cool. Glad to see that instead of listening to player feedback you went ahead and did whatever the #*!% you wanted anyway. Again.

No one likes having additional cost on top of expensive channeling costs especially when an ability is as useless and inconsistent as Aegis Storm. People let you get away with this bullS#&$ with Exalted blade and Peacemaker because they are room wrecking abilities. Aegis Storm is next to worthless seeing as it cant even properly target enemies within its radius. Guess this is going to take 6 years for you guys to learn, or rather willfully bury your heads in the sand, as well.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Next steps:
While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today! We do think there are some balance issues remaining but it is not our intention to use side-effects to solve. 

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game - and often this game is a 'kill all the things' based game. We've mostly done nerfs on things that could be automated, required no player interaction or removed options from the game by making all other choices bad. We will continue to wrestle with this, but the most important part is when and if we decide major balance changes are needed, we will let you know and it will be the result of a lot of consideration. Design changes like this need to be more tempered and considered. 

Alright. I'll accept that. Good on you guys for finally deciding to do something about power creep. The Exalted weapons popping these arcanes already had no trouble mowing down anything in front of them that were not flat out invincible.

I do think it's bullS#&$ that you do this and not do anything to explicitly state anywhere that Arcanes do not apply to exalted weapons. But I guess that's just another symptom of the overarching terribleness of the quality of the information warframe gives to its players and the amount of random arbitrary restrictions placed on random things without any warning because "hurr durr balance".

Also keep in mind that in your already grindy as hell game, most of the rewards are centered around killing as fast and efficiently as possible. There is absolutely no incentive to not kill. There is no situation where the only way to win is CC the absolute S#&$ out of everything. There are a lot of people already burned out by the terrible grind that is currently present (outside of specialized farms but even those are arguably grindy with all the stuff that exists to collect) I'd be real wary of pushing too far without implementing rewards for not killing.

Lastly I hope you guys decide real soon that enemy armor needs a huge rework, ideally a nerf down. While enemy shields and raw HP need a buff up.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed an unintended projectile launch on the 2nd charge attack of the Tatsu. This feature (as many have already determined) is unfinished, and will be revisited in the near future. Possibly tied to a certain Warframe...

Uh? What is this? Tatsu is Revenant's sword and it can be tied to another Warframe???

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Corpus have improved their vent construction by removing momentum killing edges as reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/azz6m4/de_can_we_for_the_love_of_lotus_remove_those_tiny/

Please remove all other edges too (eg door frames), that includes from the Grineers'. Those edges has been trolling us for 6 years already. I think it is enough.

1 minute ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Cool. Glad to see that instead of listening to player feedback you went ahead and did whatever the #*!% you wanted anyway. Again.

No one likes having additional cost on top of expensive channeling costs especially when an ability is as useless and inconsistent as Aegis Storm. Guess this is going to take 6 years for you guys to learn, or rather not learn, as well.

Alright. I'll accept that. Good on you guys for finally deciding to do something about power creep. The Exalted weapons popping these arcanes already had no trouble mowing down anything in front of them that were not flat out invincible.

I do think it's bullS#&$ that you do this and not do anything to explicitly state anywhere that Arcanes do not apply to exalted weapons.

Also keep in mind that in your already grindy as hell game, most of the rewards are centered around killing as fast and efficiently as possible. There is absolutely no incentive to not kill. There are a lot of people already burned out by the terrible grind that is currently present (outside of specialized farms but even those are arguably grindy with all the stuff that exists to collect) I'd be real wary of pushing too far.

Lastly I hope you guys decide real soon that enemy armor needs a huge rework, ideally a nerf down. While enemy shields and raw HP need a buff up.

That's bad though, because then it centers focus to only two maybe three arcanes. Guardian, Energize and... that's it.  Them messing with arcanes is bad if they want to taper balance as a whole. 

Dear Devs,

a quick tale from a different game. Guild Wars 2 lost for me the appeal after i played from Beta, because it swamped players with necessary to do (because ressources) Daily quests and Week long events back to back without pause. It turned into work.

Hearing from you now that you had to artifically advance the scanning event is a surprise to you? Are you serious? The event which had no direct incentive was not done enough? While you have two other events at the same time running which need grind? Shocking...

Some of us have work and need to focus on the events which yield something, and allready take away from the usual grind. Maybe you spread out the events a wee bit more.

12 minutes ago, DasBigHippo24 said:

So, uh, you guys really screwed the pooch by making Hildryn unobtainable for a long time based on the community not doing a super boring and tedious task. Hopefully you have learned from this and will not replicate it in the future because hot damn does it suck for those that didn't buy her with plat (but great for the devs)

^This, i dont recall DE releasing a frame, and promoting it, and be only Pay2Play, gated behind some missions later, imagine a company like EA done this, the roast... :] Even the launcher says "hey im Hildryn, farm me... i mean pay plat for early access", i support you DE, but this move........ shady.... 😕 I hope that it was a first and last...

14 minutes ago, Talevon said:

So I just purchased the new Garuda Tennogen skin and apparently I didn't receive the helmet (reloading the game didn't help either), anyone else have this happen?

zQkLRTp.jpg

IKbtRsL.jpg

Same happened to me.

So spamming dodge while in Hildryn's 4th locks up all controls.

So K-Drive race standing was increased? Not affinity? Standing was always easy, ranking up a K-Drive still takes 10 million years of brain rotting torture.

Also, the annoying buzzing sound on Hildryn's 3rd still seems to be there. I'll never use this ability anyway unless it gets completely reworked, but others do and it's annoying.

Dear DE-team

Hildryn Changes and Fixes:

Removed additional sound for Hildryn's Haven ability based on feedback.

Thank you so much for this change! And, YES, Mesa have been in need of a good NERF. Disabling Arcane in regulators is a good start, but it's clearly not enough. Previously you stated-that the old Ember, Banshee and Sarina breaking gameplay at low levels. Now Mesa does the same at ANY level by pressing 1 button. Either you were wrong with the old Ash and Mesa, or now she's demanding a change again. Agree-now it is very strong, too strong!

3 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

That's bad though, because then it centers focus to only two maybe three arcanes. Guardian, Energize and... that's it.  Them messing with arcanes is bad if they want to taper balance as a whole. 

True, but  that's DE's fault for refusing to balance other arcanes up to be worth the loss of not slotting one of the meta arcanes.

44 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

What DE writes:

While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today!

What i read:

We let you have fun until today by actually making sensible use of the arcanes we provide. We think you shouldn't use anything else but Arcane Guardian/Energize on your Warframes as all other Arcanes make absolutely no sense of equipping now. Thanks for grinding them up until this point. Any future arcanes will also lack use accross Warframes. Thanks for playing.

Arcane nullifier is a nice QoL arcane...

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being able to Quick Melee when you equip an Archgun with either a Primary or Secondary equipped before that.

I wanted to make sure to verify that this actually meant NO MELEE AT ALL WITH ARCHGUN OUT, which it does.

Prior to Melee 2.9 we used to be able to Quick Melee with the Archgun out.

After the patch, I outlined buggy interactions with melee and the Archgun. (Attached the topic)

For some reason development has taken the direction of removing more play diversity.

Why?

a) Potentially it was deemed easier to fix the issue this way?

b) It was always the intention to not have melee be active with the Archgun?

c) Having access to melee was seen as too powerful?

d) Something else?

Regardless, I don't like the answer resulting in loss of flexibility (fun) that we had previously

It feels like somebody really wants the Archguns to feel super punishing to even think about equipping, with their low damage, vulnerability animation, stagger animation, requiring the warframe to be grounded, and now inability to work with melee.

Archived