Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

[DE]Megan

no matchmaking for the exploiter orb makes this event a joke, not to mention how long it takes. should have just been put with the profit taker in the bounty system. this is a horrible oversight that makes me just want to buy the new frame and never look at that orb again

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hildryn Changes and Fixes:

• Hildryn can use her custom dodge while in Aegis Storm at the cost of her Shields (50). We're starting with this cost because many abilities of this nature have movement restrictions that can be overcome with Augments (Peacemaker, Resonating Quake, Assimilate). We want to try out a movement cost before we tweak further based on feedback. 
  • Removed additional sound for Hildryn's Haven ability based on feedback.
  • Removed ability to access Gear/Emote/Hotkeys when Hildryn is in Aegis Storm due to it breaking functionality. 
  • Fixed Clients seeing incorrect animation when observing a Host Hildryn in her Aegis Storm ability. 

Those abilities are the wrong point of comparison for Aegis Storm. Aegis Storm is far more comparable to Razorwing - a channeled skill, that allows air movement, provides CC, and allows only the use of an exalted weapon. While Aegis Storm comes up favorably to Razorwing in the CC department (and ability to use Aviator) it failes in all others. Balefire simply are not as effective as Dex Pixia, and Aegis Storm isn't even currently free flight - it can fall in pits! And if you're focusing in on the damage caused by Aegis Storm, Titania's Razorflies do more before they die.

I don't think Aegis Storm should be as fast as Razorwing, but being able to fly at sprint speeds and still make use of dodging seems like it should be a bare minimum. Especially if it's going to keep us locked to Balefire, which right now, isn't much better than Wukong's staff as far as exalted weapons go. Hell, even if you allowed Hildryn to use her primary and secondary in Aegis Storm, it still would not compete with Dex Pixia.

im not Mesa mainplayer, but i wont forgive u for this things with Arcanes. Thats just stupid, unresonable and rude to players. I wont say more words, anyway u know everything urself. Keep lying to people thats all u are doing its better for game,for players and etc. 

meh. 

Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease.

Yes we can already 1 shot bosses with regular Opticor and Redeemer Prime.

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game

Does this mean Opticor Vandal is getting un-neutered?

Bring back the old controls, the only thing missing was to split the switch to primary/secondary key to two other keys.

Make autoblock a togglable option to help new players but having it permanently on is no good. Just like some of the best Beat Em Up games, they have an option for one-key-combo for novice players, which disables the advanced combos. Block is fake, you still get hit a lot from ranged fire, especially in high level missions but still it's a nice jedi trick, so it should be there but not permanently. It also makes you move slower, so it should not be always on, We only need to press it on certain occasions, for a couple of seconds, like when we want to save frame from being kicked on the floor. It also messes with hunter adrenaline. Also, before the 'melee 0.5' (because this is not 3.0) we could jump ahead from 20 meters away and while still airborn press block, pass inside the explosion bubble as it grew and slash kill the target. You did know that, naturally. You did that all the time, and now you just want to simplify the game and target the 4 year olds gaming industry. 

Unless the original controls were made from someone that left DE around 4 years ago, and the guy in charge of melee 3.0 now has only seen warframe in pictures. Play the game before, respect 'loyal' players, it s not a new room decoration thing.

I'll say it again, melee is the endgame way to fight, elite onslaught, arbitrations, etc. You can't have it removed from the mouse buttons, just to give left click to rifles to shoot lvl 15-35 mobs. No one can fight arbitrations by pressing E, and we don't want a kinder suprise left mouse button that we flip the coin to see if it's gonna fire a ranged weapon and which one or swing a sword.

Neither we want to have to press E so we can use the left mouse button for melee, NOT on level 80-100+ missions. Why? Because with the old system the ranged to melee switch action was pressed when we were away (eg 5-10m) from the target and as we were on the move toward it, holstering wouldn't interrupt actions. Now in order to bind the melee to left mouse ('the input option joke') when doing the same there are 2 ways: 1. Try to repeat the same situation - frame runs, stops far from target, swings melee to hit air and stops moving, start running again to target. 2. Don't switch weapons in a smart way like before, run to target with autoblock delaying run action, and when you re next to mob's face press E and then spam left mouse slash, the level 100 mob will just stand and wait there till you re ready to start the fight. That one mob, and its 6 friends around it along with the arbitration shield drone. You see what I mean? You have never played the game before. Or if you did, you did so with god and 1 hit kill modes on.

Channeling should also be bindable on a mouse button too, and to have a toggle option. 

You claim you hear what the players say, -sorry I can't second that, it was long ago and for the 2 3 times you did you gave an interview about it- so listen to the experienced warframe players, not the tourists who are happy with everything and leave game in a month. Prove it and don't say 'we erased it, can't return' - do you remember this line? Take a look at this post and my previous one about how my old setup was and see what you did and call it 3.0 improvement. This is serious, it's not about a frame, nerf or an ability that some of us don't like. Make simple controls for those that want them and advanced for rest.

And no, I don't want to have to use my 18 buttons naga mouse and load it with key binds and macros in order to play a game with 4 abilities in a decent way close to how I used to. Does it make sense to you?

Congratulations to the guys here that post about how their prisma/vandal weapons are not tradable yet. No offense, serious warframe game problem detected.

Two questions: Has the trade menu been fixed so that it will now show Archwing weapons like the Prisma Veritux and Imperator Vandal? I still need to get a Prisma Veritux from someone so I can get all the MR I possibly can.

Second: I know we only just got the Melee Phase 1 changes. Any idea as to what Phase 2 might be? I've heard that overall there's the stance/combo inputs to be changed as well as an overall melee stat balance pass similar to the Primary/Secondary/Beam Rebalances previously, as well as the dedicated heavy attack and various mod changes. No need for any kind of time table, I think we all know it's too early to know, just curious as to what you're going to tackle next for melee, as I'm really enjoying the death of "quick-melee" and the rise of this new system.

Before this update:

• Not having to switch to Scanner after I do spin(s) 2 win(s). RMB would still continue with Scanner UI, allowing for fast and smooth scans. LMB would normally switch to equiped weapon, if RMB wasn't used to continue scanning. 🙂 

After update:

• Now, when I do spin 2 win, scanner is automatically switched to primary/secondary weapon, forcing constant manual switching to / equiping Scanner back and forth, which feels clunky.

I hope this can be reverted, at least for the seamles use of our beloved Scanner! 😉 

idk but i made the exploiter orb boss mission twice and i won the fight... but when i return to fortuna, counts as a mission failed :c my friends just got 2 parts of hildryn but not me.. i guess is a bug that needs to be fixed :c

Hrm...I was really hoping for more melee fixes/changes, such as a fix for not being able to glide in melee mode while carrying a primary or secondary and a way to stay in melee mode even while carrying a primary or secondary (and vice versa).  Those are things you guys are working on, right?  Right?

Archived