Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

On 2019-03-04 at 11:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Nightwave is here in all of it’s Nora Night-backed glory, and there has been a lot of back and forth (both on the forums and internally) about the challenges and how to accrue Nightwave standing. Series 1 of Nightwave is our first attempt at this addition to Warframe, and we want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts and requests. We will be using this thread to gather feedback from everyone on all Platforms! 

So at first pass, we are seeing some concerns rise to the top:

• Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.
  • Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting.
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

For some of these Elite challenges, we were attempting to speak to the endurance runners, but it seems we may have missed the mark - if you liked it, or didn't like it, comment below. In the end, we wanted to make a series of challenges that spoke to every type of player, but we do not want to do so at the cost of enjoyment overall.

Nightwave is still new to the community and we are expecting to see more feedback come as the series progresses - you've only seen a % of all Acts, so as Series 1 progresses we need your feedback on the appearing Acts. We've seen players responding with some possible solutions that would make these challenges more piecemeal, balance the resources needed to complete some challenges, and assess social requirements to get your goodies.

We will be applying what we have learned to Nightwave Series 2 - but can only improve with constructive, detailed posts about what you like / didn't like about acts. Knowing what you like is just as important as what you don't like. 

Ayatans are way too rng, endurance players should not be asked anything because average player does not do 3 hour runs for fun, and requiring friends is kinda silly considering basically everything else can be soloed even if it's not meant to. And before anyone says it, I know you're supposed to play with other people because that's how it's meant to be played, but stuff like exploiter just breaking if you run with others does not encourage that.

On other hand I don't really like the current wolfcred system. If you get to rank 30 within these 10 or so weeks, you can get 300. Potatoes cost 75 a piece. Maybe every rank should give some creds, and have larger milestones on top of that.

Also if wolf is supposed to be important part of the story, why is he so rare to encounter? I know he's going to appear more commonly the further in we get, but going from 3% to 3.8% is not that great boost. And whoever thought making him literal bullet sponge should go to the corner and think what they have done. I can't speak for others, but at least I'd like to see more bosses with some special mechanic or something, instead of huge bullet sponges that are mostly time consuming and not all that fun to fight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

yes it is notting special. ppl did do end game without rivens and umbra. so it is resource like other forma. 

Yeah people have been playing with Umbra and his mods for, years now, right? 

And how can it be a punishment to say "you just haven't earned the reward (that you say isn't really anything special) so you won't be getting it this time around, better luck next time"? That's not what a punishment is. Maybe it's a language thing but that's not what that word means. 

6 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I know I've posted on this a couple of times but -

Still never seen the Wolf. Still.

So my feedback is simply, for the next "Nightwave" series can you guys resist the urge to put a field boss in it? It's not much to ask. Random field boss that never shows up, or shows up only to those blessed with good RNG (seemingly always the same people, so the R clearly needs some work). Weapon locked behind said field boss that never shows up. The best part about it is he is time-limited to this series, who knows when he will be back. Much joy. When you have everything else and can't even see the boss let alone try to get his weapon, theres literally nothing worth waiting for. That's my general "feeling" behind my feedback, nothingness.

Well we're not even half way through. The impression that I have is that his spawn rate is going to be increasing. I'll hold off on judging that part until we see how it actually goes. 

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

No no, not that.

Put each other on ignore and or get a mod in here.  Because what you two are doing, isn't slightly on topic.

And coming from someone who derails threads for discussions like these, me weighing should be an indicator that y'all have gone on for long enough.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10621372

I did suggest at least the second option, a couple of hours previous. Didn't seem to be something that interested in them as it and the other suggestions, and pretty much all previous posts where points were made or refuted, were met with ad homs. 

9 hours ago, Spaceland said:

Good day DE,

I started to play in August last year and the"Alert system" was something that was able to get me some rare ressources, like the nitain and others. I could get Aura Mods and helmet blueprint for warframe, weapons. For a new player that was something to go for.  You have been running that for 6 years, now you decided to remove and put everything in Nightwave.

Nightwave is good and fun but i find that Alert we're giving a better chance for new player to get stuff easily. Now i have to wait, for the gain new standing, in Nightwave to get credits to try and get the stuff like helmets, weapons and ressources. That for me, its kinda like hitting a wall.

You could have kept the Alerts the way they we're with the rotation for blueprints, aura mods and helmets and add Nightwave with other perks instead.

Now new player have to grinds the new system, but they are limitted because i remember starting in Warframe and most of the challenge when you start the game fresh cannot compare to the alerts system. At least the Alert system you had something to go for and in the end you had something in return.

True that Alert rotaion you could missed a chance to get something, you could have put the Alert on a 12 hours rotation, you could have give a better rotation to the drop, i was seeign alot of the same blueprint in the end. But after a while, it is certain that we will have everything in the rotation drop but at least we could do it again and use it the drop to make credits. That is helping new players. We know that upgrading mods that lots of credits and endo.

Nightwave is a nice addition to the game but i see nightwave like it is more a end game system when you have clear everyt nodes on the map, almost every nodes. I see alerts as something for new players to be able to get new toys and Nightwave to be something to get after you are a certain MR or clear a number of nodes (ok i am rambling here).

Unless you can try to setup Nightwave to be tailored to what the gamer as done in Warframe. What he has access to.

That is it for the moment.

Reguards.

Two parts stood out to me on rereading. You're right, there's a disconnect between the challenge and the specific reward. It actually makes sense for that to be the case because many people just didn't bother with the alert if it was something that they didn't want, and we might have gone months, waiting for what we did want. Instead we can do any challenge now, and accumulate cred for any reward. You want Nitain and I want potatoes, and we can both work together on the same challenges profitably. I'm not sure that the disconnect is a bad thing, but I can see how for people accustomed to the old system it might be viewed as such. 

That's why the simultaneous tiered event rewards, is a pretty good idea. It gives us back the "do this, get this" to hold on to while we get accustomed to the new system. 

Regarding newbs not having access to some parts of nightwave, that was true for the alerts. It's why many of us would help taxi newbs to places they hadn't been, and helped them to finish the mission that they would have had difficulty doing. We don't have to do that anymore. The challenges are grouped from super easy daily missions, to weeklies that take more effort, and Elite that may require a certain level of progress. But you can do your daily and weekly missions anywhere, from the very lowest difficulty planet, to the highest. Which is perfect for the newbs. The old system didn't allow that "do it your way, any time you like" so I see this as a definite improvement. So those new toys for the newbs? Yeah nightwave is the better system, but it may need some tweaking to suit everyone. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah people have been playing with Umbra and his mods for, years now, right? 

And how can it be a punishment to say "you just haven't earned the reward (that you say isn't really anything special) so you won't be getting it this time around, better luck next time"? That's not what a punishment is. Maybe it's a language thing but that's not what that word means. 

Well we're not even half way through. The impression that I have is that his spawn rate is going to be increasing. I'll hold off on judging that part until we see how it actually goes. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10621372

I did suggest at least the second option, a couple of hours previous. Didn't seem to be something that interested in them as it and the other suggestions, and pretty much all previous posts where points were made or refuted, were met with ad homs. 

Two parts stood out to me on rereading. You're right, there's a disconnect between the challenge and the specific reward. It actually makes sense for that to be the case because many people just didn't bother with the alert if it was something that they didn't want, and we might have gone months, waiting for what we did want. Instead we can do any challenge now, and accumulate cred for any reward. You want Nitain and I want potatoes, and we can both work together on the same challenges profitably. I'm not sure that the disconnect is a bad thing, but I can see how for people accustomed to the old system it might be viewed as such. 

That's why the simultaneous tiered event rewards, is a pretty good idea. It gives us back the "do this, get this" to hold on to while we get accustomed to the new system. 

Regarding newbs not having access to some parts of nightwave, that was true for the alerts. It's why many of us would help taxi newbs to places they hadn't been, and helped them to finish the mission that they would have had difficulty doing. We don't have to do that anymore. The challenges are grouped from super easy daily missions, to weeklies that take more effort, and Elite that may require a certain level of progress. But you can do your daily and weekly missions anywhere, from the very lowest difficulty planet, to the highest. Which is perfect for the newbs. The old system didn't allow that "do it your way, any time you like" so I see this as a definite improvement. So those new toys for the newbs? Yeah nightwave is the better system, but it may need some tweaking to suit everyone. 

Hi guzmantt1977,

True about nightwave, but it need some tweaking and the one i saw suggested would be to get a small amount of credit per challenge, wouldn't be that bad. I am one of the few maybe that did bother with the alerts :).

That is how i feel but i still do the nightwave challenge, all the ones i can do. 

10 minutes ago, Spaceland said:

Hi guzmantt1977,

True about nightwave, but it need some tweaking and the one i saw suggested would be to get a small amount of credit per challenge, wouldn't be that bad. I am one of the few maybe that did bother with the alerts :).

That is how i feel but i still do the nightwave challenge, all the ones i can do. 

Hi, and yeah most of us would probably agree that tweaking is going to be needed. That suggestion isn't bad and I've no issue with it. I also would like to see a "creds only" week or two between the seasons of nightwave, which will probably drastically improve your chances to get more of the former alert rewards. And it would give older heads a breather where they wouldn't be panicking about not being able to get any given event reward. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Hi, and yeah most of us would probably agree that tweaking is going to be needed. That suggestion isn't bad and I've no issue with it. I also would like to see a "creds only" week or two between the seasons of nightwave, which will probably drastically improve your chances to get more of the former alert rewards. And it would give older heads a breather where they wouldn't be panicking about not being able to get any given event reward. 

I like your idea pretty much.

But it looks like the players that are kinda mean to the newbies have everything, did everything and know everything. Not fair, not fair at all. The game is seriously overwhelming to a new player. Do they just want to keep it for themselves? I'm still MR3. The grind is painful. Just a little bit too slow to level up and I'm putting a lot of time and effort into the game.

If I'm going to ride along with an experienced player or players that can easily knock out the tasks in Nightwave, then what's the purpose of Nightwave? It would be easy, according to them. I'd just doing my best and having to be revived all the time. But hey, at least I would have the prize.

The novice player can do the easy ones in Nightwave but that's usually just 4 or 5 and maybe a weekly. Then with the daily, that really isn't daily (I know for a fact as I have been playing every day) there's only a refreshing 1 or 2 that a new player can do. 

Know this - if you start off with Excalibur, his first, second and melee weapon, it's going to be a slow climb. That is unless you buy plat. You can buy your way through the game with plat. At first almost every mod you get is flawed..... For a while. No Auras. You get 50 plat but that's a bad number. 52 would be right. 12 for weapon slots the other 40 for whatever floats your boat. But 50 means I have to buy more.

So, I've heard you can sell mods and prime parts. Anyone up for some flawed mods or odd and end prime parts? You don't get very many relics for quite a while and most are lith. The first group. Yes, there are some that you can use to get good prime parts but you have to make them more valuable and you can't get very many void traces to use for that. 

So you've played through a few planets and got Rhino and Mag. You don't have the resources to build them. A grind, sometimes frustrating but mostly fun. Then what. You've got slots for extra weapons and Warframe but what's next. Sweet, a new sniper rifle or shotgun. Where are you going to put them? And that shinny new frame? What to do? Oh, that's right, buy plat. Oh yeah, sell the weapons and make room. Start all over again with bad mods. You don't get good ones till later in the game. Don't say farm for good prime parts and good mods. Don't you dare! You can't. You're new. You're restricted. And I mean you just can't, not yet. Try starting over and play it solo with no plat other than what you start with.

So, let's say you push forward and try to move further. Prepare to die, a lot. You're not going anywhere with a simple weapon and bad mods. Use a catalyst and a reactor, that's what that 50 plat is for. Hmm, I can put more broken mods on but oops, no they're duplicates. Darn. Use some Endo and rank them up! Still, they're broken. Endo, Endo, where can I get that? Well, it falls from some enemies and you can dissolve extra mods for Endo. Oh, there's the statues. They're worth a bunch of Endo. If only you find some. You're lucky if you do. The low levels? I found one and that was great but I used up the Endo on bad mods.

If you're wanting to keep any of the other Warframes or weapons, you're going to have to buy plat. Some weapons require you to have a couple of different weapons in order to build them. To do that, you'll need to buy plat. You'll need more slots. These weapons become available to you later, after you've got that cool hex or something you'll need to keep, so, more slots means you're going to have to buy plat.

You'll want to save Rhino, Loki, and many of the other Warframes in order to play certain nodes. Yes, new slots so buy plat.

You're not going to be able to sell mods and good prime sets for quite a while. So you're going to have to buy plat for your new shinny Warframes and weapons.

Unless....... You ride along with experienced players. Then you'll get good stuff. Chances are you'll want to keep most of the goodies. You'll have to buy plat though to keep your stuff. You could watch your P's and Q's and be very thrifty. Just keep a few weapons and Warframes, selling off every one you get in order to get another. But if you don't keep ranking up new Warframes and weapons you'll never rank up. You'll be MR3,4,5 or wherever you decided to keep what you got, forever. So, you're going to have to buy plat. More slots.

So, no. It's not "Pay to Win." The game has no ending. But it is mostly "Pay to Play." I've heard too many people say you can play the game without spending a dime. While that's true, they certainly have. So........ Yes you can play the game without spending a penny. But prepare to climb very, very, very slow and don't expect any of the cool colors and stuff you see on every other Warframe. And Warframes? You'll only be able to keep a couple so be prepared to sell them.

Or

You can ride along with the veterans and get what you need with no problems. Level up like crazy really fast. Get good prime weapons and Warframes. But, then, what's the purpose of Nightwave? It's too hard for newbies and too easy for veterans. It's a very nice addition, not a replacement.

Supposedly Nightwave replaced Alerts. Alerts served a purpose and was a big help for a new player. Veteran players already have more than enough of what was offered in the Alerts so of course it wasn't a big deal for them to lose it. And they bang their head against the wall and cry out "It's easy!" Uh, nope. It's not. Unless we ride along with you vets.

So, Nightwave. It's pretty cool. I can't do much but hey, I'll hitch a ride if I can then I'll just bust it out!... But a replacement for Alerts???? It's not.

i absolutely love Warframe. And Nightwave is cool but it brings up that question. Veteran players call new players cry babies. They defend the decision to remove Alerts and bring in Nightwave all while cussing out the new players, blasting them and calling them names.

How is that helping? New players just want help. Get a grip veteran. Try to understand where newbies are coming from and reach out to them. Help them understand the game and how to play it. Don't just dismiss them and project your feelings on them. Be nice. Be respectful. Be helpful. Try to be diplomatic, not condemning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinjaFramer said:

Know this - if you start off with Excalibur, his first, second and melee weapon, it's going to be a slow climb. That is unless you buy plat. You can buy your way through the game with plat. At first almost every mod you get is flawed..... For a while. No Auras. You get 50 plat but that's a bad number. 52 would be right. 12 for weapon slots the other 40 for whatever floats your boat. But 50 means I have to buy more.

Let's do this one first. Even with platinum you will find that you need to work your way up. Plat speeds you along but it doesn't give you a "press here to win". Those weapons you think you want, they're not as good as you figure, and it's all down to what you can mod the ones you have, to do. More on plat in a bit. 

If I'm going to ride along with an experienced player or players that can easily knock out the tasks in Nightwave, then what's the purpose of Nightwave? It would be easy, according to them. I'd just doing my best and having to be revived all the time. But hey, at least I would have the prize.

You're thinking about the old alerts. A lot of the time newbs couldn't even get to the alert in time to get the reward, so they asked for a taxi. All you had to do was find out someone willing to carry you through the mission. Many of us were willing to help out, but a lot of the time it involved reviving them over and over, or rushing to finish and extract before they had a chance to get killed. 

The challenges do require you to actually complete more of them yourself. But you can choose how you are going to do that. And you can still ask for help with some of the ones you can't do on your own. 

I've heard you can sell mods and prime parts. Anyone up for some flawed mods or odd and end prime parts? You don't get very many relics for quite a while and most are lith. The first group. Yes, there are some that you can use to get good prime parts but you have to make them more valuable and you can't get very many void traces to use for that. 

Stop. Stop right there.

Any prime blueprint can be traded for platinum. On PC its going to be on average a minimum 2 plat per part, but some rarer parts can go for more. And right now prime junk is about to be in higher demand. You don't need to refine the relics, just go in groups and choose the best rewards.

So you can get plat from the Lith relics. You won't get omgwtfbbq levels of plat, but you will find that you can make a fair chunk in a couple of days. Later on you'll be able to trade for larger amounts. 

For now it'll be enough to get slots and the occasional pieces of gear that you may be looking for. Those should be your primary focus for now. 

Supposedly Nightwave replaced Alerts. Alerts served a purpose and was a big help for a new player. Veteran players already have more than enough of what was offered in the Alerts so of course it wasn't a big deal for them to lose it. And they bang their head against the wall and cry out "It's easy!" Uh, nope. It's not. Unless we ride along with you vets.

And what exactly is it that we have so much of? A bunch of cosmetics we don't use, some fodder weapons that have really great descriptions and really bad stats? Or a handful of mods that we usually only need one of at a time? 

I'd guess that the lack of the easy resources is probably going to be more of a pain to you in the medium term. 

i absolutely love Warframe. And Nightwave is cool but it brings up that question. Veteran players call new players cry babies. They defend the decision to remove Alerts and bring in Nightwave all while cussing out the new players, blasting them and calling them names.

Seen more of it going in the other direction really. Even you said that the vets are willing to help you out with the challenges. Kind of contradictory to claim that they're all being so mean to you. 

Sorry to tell you this Tenno, but starting off is hard. The further you get the faster you'll find that you can go. Stick with it and you'll find it getting easier. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, y0urd0g said:

So my issue with nightwave is that, it is yet again ANOTHER system that hurts weekend warriors. Some people have real jobs and cant play throughout the week as much, and the weekly challenges take up pretty much the entire day to complete all of then, not to mention missing out on some daily challenges. So essentially some weekend warriors might not be able to unlock the higher level rewards before the nightwave switches. Another thing i would suggest. every tier should give you nightwave credits. not a lot, maby like 5 or so, because taking away alerts means this is the ONLY way to get nitain. 

Now this already might be the plan, but assuming old nightwaves will rotate in every once and a while, I suggest our ranking stays where it was the last time it came up. I will be incredibly pissed if my progress in the standing is reset when Wolf of saturn six comes around again in the future. This could fix the issue with weekend warriors as it might take a little longer but its still attainable. Also I would suggest running 2 nightwaves at the same time. Have the rotation be kinda like 1 old and 1 new at the same time. Maby the old one doesn't have as many challenges but still allows you to earn a small amount of standing for that one. 

Obviously this is just me brainstorming, use it or not, you make the game not me.

this whole thing against weekend warriors is why I think the wolf cred should be trickled rather than gotten in big lump sums tbh.

4 hours ago, (PS4)shadowclasper said:

this whole thing against weekend warriors is why I think the wolf cred should be trickled rather than gotten in big lump sums tbh.

But those weekend warriors can possibly get up to 40k out of the possible 43k each week. The only challenges that they are guaranteed to miss out on, is the dailies from the beginning of the week. 

That's up to 4 ranks a week before convicts are factored in. Even if they can't do a single elite challenge, they'd safely collect all of the creds on offer in the first 30 ranks. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Le-petit-Nate said:

Why the restriction to do a mission with "x" is always present please

Uh... What? 

• Like 2

On 2019-03-23 at 5:59 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean like, hmm I dunno, some new cosmetics, maybe a couple sigils and glyphs, an armour set, some decorations, one of those cape thingys, a forma bundle, and maybe an umbral forma? 

Gee I wonder why DE didn't think of that? Oh wait, they did. 😐

Ok so are the kettle or the pot? Should we just take turns? Maybe I should try the whole I'm mirror and you're glue? 

And yeah like I said before, "feedback" doesn't mean "you gotta agree with us and bash the new content or else gtfo". I'm allowed to point out specific things that people are saying and disagree with it. Better than that I've even been giving reasons for disagreeing, instead of just acting offended and calling it "toxic" especially when it seems that the response might take more than a few seconds to read or contains things that I'm not sure how to refute. I kind of wish everyone was able to do that, but hey everyone is different, right? 

Oh right. Because that addresses any thing i said? You cited a couple of small things they added. Single items. Read my post out loud. It helps people who have bad comprehension.

On 2019-03-23 at 3:47 PM, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Iv e spent money on the game. I am a paying customer .deflect much.... Stop acting like a spoiled child...I have room to tell ya anything i want. It is ironic  that you just critisized the old obsolete alert system, in case you didnt know nightwave is for newer players too and if you ego clouded ,fuzzy minded vets are gonna say new players dont like this, you have no room to speak for them...my post had truth and thats why you triggered by attacking the poster instead of the content , no mmo markets the hardcore 

What the triggered snowflake strawman argument was this lol!

On 2019-03-23 at 8:38 AM, TheFBD said:

It's worse than that, it's a timesuck chore that comes back every week! Not like a syndicate that you rank up all the way, get all the stuff you want from it and then declare it done. As it is with Vox Solaris, Ostron, Quills etc. Nope, this one comes back every week, over and over again, and they will put a carrot at the end that you have to chase each season. Over and over again. And if you enjoy anything else in this game, like eidolon hunting, cracking relics or long survivals, you can/have to do that on top of your weekly nightmare nightwave homework.

My normal playstyle is to play the parts of warframe that i like. When there is new content, i focus on that, grind it out, get all the mastery, try everything. Then i'll go back to normal. If the new content has parts i enjoy, those parts will end up in my daily playtime, replacing parts i got bored with or that i don't enjoy that much. And from my experience, most players follow that scheme. Nightwave invalidated that by putting a neverending grind routine in the game that forces everyone to play parts of the game they abandoned or try to avoid. And for everyone who is not willing to or able to increase their daily/weekly playtime drastically for nightwave, it means a sacrifice. Choose between getting the carrot that you want OR have fun in the game.

Wow. Lol. That's your defense of DE eliminating the ability to play with others that arent on your friends list?

New elite weekly, 40 waves of defense with a friend or clan mate..

Ouch, I don't think I have ever done more then 25 waves before.

Also, the "Find all cashes in 3 sabotage missions" seems like it would take forever, unless were talking about the missions with 3 hidden cashes? I mean, it's not about opening all the lockers thingies in a mission right?

P.S. Another elite is killing 3 Grove Specter, gather your mats now while the double resource drop event is still up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Oh right. Because that addresses any thing i said? You cited a couple of small things they added. Single items. Read my post out loud. It helps people who have bad comprehension.

Ok let me read this part right here:

On 2019-03-23 at 2:41 AM, (PS4)hahajake said:

Here's an idea: give us a bunch of new rewards instead of the same stale rewards we've had for 4 plus years from alerts

Yup pretty much what I thought it said the first time I read it. And my response that you quoted (which actually quoted the above) was:

On 2019-03-23 at 6:59 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean like, hmm I dunno, some new cosmetics, maybe a couple sigils and glyphs, an armour set, some decorations, one of those cape thingys, a forma bundle, and maybe an umbral forma? 

Gee I wonder why DE didn't think of that? Oh wait, they did. 😐

So yes. Yes I did respond to what you wrote. I picked that specific part because I had hoped that you would realise that the rant that you wrote makes very little sense. You asked for new rewards, but all of those tier rewards I pointed out are new. It's difficult to believe that you somehow managed to not notice them. 

But you just kind of doubled down and hopefully this time you'll realise that you're just being silly. 

If you are going to try and act all edgy and demand that someone do something, it is probably not a good idea to demand something that they openly did a few weeks before you make your demands. Or at least include the demand for a bus, safe passage to the airport and a plane ready and waiting on the runway with enough fuel to get you to a sympathetic country with no extradition treaties. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Let's do this one first. Even with platinum you will find that you need to work your way up. Plat speeds you along but it doesn't give you a "press here to win". Those weapons you think you want, they're not as good as you figure, and it's all down to what you can mod the ones you have, to do. More on plat in a bit. 

You're thinking about the old alerts. A lot of the time newbs couldn't even get to the alert in time to get the reward, so they asked for a taxi. All you had to do was find out someone willing to carry you through the mission. Many of us were willing to help out, but a lot of the time it involved reviving them over and over, or rushing to finish and extract before they had a chance to get killed. 

The challenges do require you to actually complete more of them yourself. But you can choose how you are going to do that. And you can still ask for help with some of the ones you can't do on your own. 

Stop. Stop right there.

Any prime blueprint can be traded for platinum. On PC its going to be on average a minimum 2 plat per part, but some rarer parts can go for more. And right now prime junk is about to be in higher demand. You don't need to refine the relics, just go in groups and choose the best rewards.

So you can get plat from the Lith relics. You won't get omgwtfbbq levels of plat, but you will find that you can make a fair chunk in a couple of days. Later on you'll be able to trade for larger amounts. 

For now it'll be enough to get slots and the occasional pieces of gear that you may be looking for. Those should be your primary focus for now. 

And what exactly is it that we have so much of? A bunch of cosmetics we don't use, some fodder weapons that have really great descriptions and really bad stats? Or a handful of mods that we usually only need one of at a time? 

I'd guess that the lack of the easy resources is probably going to be more of a pain to you in the medium term. 

Seen more of it going in the other direction really. Even you said that the vets are willing to help you out with the challenges. Kind of contradictory to claim that they're all being so mean to you. 

Sorry to tell you this Tenno, but starting off is hard. The further you get the faster you'll find that you can go. Stick with it and you'll find it getting easier. 

Good luck. 

I truly believe that you are trying to be helpful. So, thank you.

Nightwave was introduced and Alerts we're dropped. So what is the difference? It was easier. That puny $1000 credit Alerts (I know, there's nodes where it's nothing to bring in 20k+ but I'm not there yet) were a big help and there were a lot more rewards offered than just cosmetics. So, it was helpful and it was sort of a relief from the grind to do a simple run for a resource desperately needed - not just Nitain lol. 

And doggone it, Nightwave offers so much more! I totally agree 💯.

But what was it that you have plenty of? Well, everything. All the resources you can carry. And yes, you earned it, every bit of it. And no, I don't feel entitled to it. 

I know, Plat isn't a button but I know people buy it. Otherwise DE would be out of business. If you bought any of the Prime access or Unvaulted Primes you've got one heck of a leg up, a HUGE leg up. And A lot of plat is offered in those packs so why not? 

When you start out new, you don't get very many relics. And because the nodes aren't open to you your options are very limited on runs. So, you're going to have to buy plat to keep the stuff you got. Or, you might just say "I'm glad I didn't keep that junk."

The weapons, they're just not any good and your mods are all flawed. I know you can take any weapon and make it great with the proper mods way, way further in the game. But early on? Your best weapon may be your melee weapon but even that doesn't cut it. 

Something else has happened to the game. With all of the arguments over Alerts it's flown under the radar. Less ranking point for your weapons. I've watched a lot of players new and vets. On one of the nodes that I've seen them play it was nothing to see 6 - 12 k of a Warframe or weapon ranking up. But now it's much lower, like 1-4k. I've been playing around 100 hours and only my Warframe, and the first weapons you start out with are at 30 but now it's ridiculous. I've tried just equipping one weapon. What a disaster. Lol. Ran out of bullets which mostly just bounced off of the enemies. I know you mod them to the enemies, corrosive for armor, etc.  So, just 2 weapons. Oh no! Yep, emptied every clip with nothing to spare. So, I have the boltor and the furis with flawed mods and no catalysts. After a hundred hours you think they would be at 30. Maybe I'm crazy.

Back to the plat. If you have it you can buy better mods. I don't know anyone buying trash prime pieces though. And there's no way to earn enough plat at this stage. Just getting through the levels are just crazy.

Also, yes, some vets are willing to help but I was referring to the posts. Yep, downright mean. So, no, it wasn't contradictory. Could have looked like that I suppose.

Players getting taxied is nothing new. What I was referring to is the ridiculously difficult tasks in Nightwave. I was taxied once and even though they knew I was a noob I still got an earful. Obviously we didn't get the prize.

So ok, what next? Join a clan? Which one? Some have insane rules. And some have MR restrictions. I've been on the recruitment channel. I'm an ok player. Just ok. I don't have friends that play it anymore. So, I did try to play with randoms. That's an idea but we separate faster than cockroaches when the lights are turned on. I can't type fast enough. I've been playing solo since I started, a random a time or two.  

But like I said, I love Warframe. But starting out is really, really hard. I can't afford to pay for a Prime access or Unvaulted Primes. Frost and Ember looked pretty cool. But alas, it's not meant to be. I tried very hard today and wound up walking away from it after seeing 1k - 2k time after time after time, trying to level up my weapons for hours. You could barely see the line move.

Maybe tomorrow

Nightwave Weak 5: definitely the worst week thus far.

Silver Grove elite weekly is just a chore. I never completed Titania's quest because it was such a chore, and I'm not too keen on getting around to do it just for the extra 5k standing. Also, it kinda sucks that this somehow punishes people who just did the Titania quest before these came out. Kinda makes players hesitant to use certain materials out of fear of "Nightwave might need it next week." This sets a bad precedent. 

3 consecutive zero-points-for-opponents Index runs isn't as hard as it sounds, but did it really have to be consecutive?

Also nevermind 40 waves of defense. I can't get any of my former clanmates to log in again just so I can "use" them for 30-50-ish minutes of defense. It's not exactly the most inviting reason to get them to play again lol.

Nightwave is great, but less of these challenges next time around, please.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NinjaFramer said:

I truly believe that you are trying to be helpful. So, thank you.

Nightwave was introduced and Alerts we're dropped. So what is the difference? It was easier. That puny $1000 credit Alerts (I know, there's nodes where it's nothing to bring in 20k+ but I'm not there yet) were a big help and there were a lot more rewards offered than just cosmetics. So, it was helpful and it was sort of a relief from the grind to do a simple run for a resource desperately needed - not just Nitain lol. 

Hi. You're a Tenno, one of many. We often help one another get to places, and farm for resource. But while we are very powerful, we don't read minds. Ask for help, and we'll help. 

But yes, I mentioned that the lack of easy resources for newer players is one of my concerns. 

And doggone it, Nightwave offers so much more! I totally agree 💯.

But what was it that you have plenty of? Well, everything. All the resources you can carry. And yes, you earned it, every bit of it. And no, I don't feel entitled to it. 

Oh but you see we are generally happy to help you to get more. It's why we are able to, and often do mark off special rare items for the other members of our squad to come and collect. If we weren't willing to help and accept help, this game would be a lot worse off than it is today. 

I know, Plat isn't a button but I know people buy it. Otherwise DE would be out of business. If you bought any of the Prime access or Unvaulted Primes you've got one heck of a leg up, a HUGE leg up. And A lot of plat is offered in those packs so why not? 

Again, not really. I have seen newbs complaining because they thought that skipping the MR requirement and buying a high level weapon would help them get ahead. Then they found out that that swords have stances, and without that, or the more exotic mods, the omgwtfbbq weapon that they wanted wasn't as good as it seemed. I can't remember what they were demanding, it was probably a refund or free stances to be included in the weaponry purchase. Whatever it was it was silly, and just highlighted that they thought that they could pay to win. 

Again, mostly what the plat does is speed things up. You don't have to wait 3 days for the frame to be built, or you can get the parts you are missing without as much grind. 

When you start out new, you don't get very many relics. And because the nodes aren't open to you your options are very limited on runs. So, you're going to have to buy plat to keep the stuff you got. Or, you might just say "I'm glad I didn't keep that junk."

That's not true at all. Just run Lith or Coba or Tikal. It'll help you to rank your weapons and soon you will have more relics than Indiana Jones on an archeological dig site! Then run Lith fissures you can get to, and open them. 

The weapons, they're just not any good and your mods are all flawed. I know you can take any weapon and make it great with the proper mods way, way further in the game. But early on? Your best weapon may be your melee weapon but even that doesn't cut it. 

The ones that you got from the alerts were not generally any better, despite having occasionally misleading descriptions. 

Something else has happened to the game. With all of the arguments over Alerts it's flown under the radar. Less ranking point for your weapons. I've watched a lot of players new and vets. On one of the nodes that I've seen them play it was nothing to see 6 - 12 k of a Warframe or weapon ranking up. But now it's much lower, like 1-4k. I've been playing around 100 hours and only my Warframe, and the first weapons you start out with are at 30 but now it's ridiculous. I've tried just equipping one weapon. What a disaster. Lol. Ran out of bullets which mostly just bounced off of the enemies. I know you mod them to the enemies, corrosive for armor, etc.  So, just 2 weapons. Oh no! Yep, emptied every clip with nothing to spare. So, I have the boltor and the furis with flawed mods and no catalysts. After a hundred hours you think they would be at 30. Maybe I'm crazy.

You think that they stealth nerfed xp? It's more likely that you're doing something weird, like not standing near the squad, you get passive xp from their kills. It is spread across your weapons and frame. And remember if you are busy killing with your abilities, you don't earn xp on your weapons. 

Oh and the weapons and frames don't benefit past Max rank. 

Back to the plat. If you have it you can buy better mods. I don't know anyone buying trash prime pieces though. And there's no way to earn enough plat at this stage. Just getting through the levels are just crazy.

You don't need to know anyone buying them, just go in trade chat and type, "WTS prime junk, 5 for 10p, inv pls" then hit send. You will get flooded with requests, and run out of trades in no time flat. But you will have plat to buy slots as needed. And at this stage trying to buy the best mods will just leave you disappointed. Many of them you won't be able to fuse fully, and if you do, you won't have capacity for them. 

I know that you will not want to hear it, but you are really better off farming for the mods and learning how they work, than trying to rush to become powerful. 

Also, yes, some vets are willing to help but I was referring to the posts. Yep, downright mean. So, no, it wasn't contradictory. Could have looked like that I suppose.

Players getting taxied is nothing new. What I was referring to is the ridiculously difficult tasks in Nightwave. I was taxied once and even though they knew I was a noob I still got an earful. Obviously we didn't get the prize.

What did they taxi you to? Many of the challenges don't require specific locations, and the ones that do tend to be more advanced. 

So ok, what next? Join a clan? Which one? Some have insane rules. And some have MR restrictions. I've been on the recruitment channel. I'm an ok player. Just ok. I don't have friends that play it anymore. So, I did try to play with randoms. That's an idea but we separate faster than cockroaches when the lights are turned on. I can't type fast enough. I've been playing solo since I started, a random a time or two.  

Ask in recruiting for a newb friendly clan with the research complete. I can't advise you on those for 2 reasons. The first is that we're on different platforms, and the other is that I built my own clan dojo and don't really care to join any other. But I still play with randoms all the time. 

And like I said playing with a squad helps you level stuff soooooo much faster. 

But like I said, I love Warframe. But starting out is really, really hard.

Very much so, Tenno. That's true of most things that are worth it. 

I can't afford to pay for a Prime access or Unvaulted Primes. Frost and Ember looked pretty cool. But alas, it's not meant to be.

You really should just focus on your progress for now. If you can get Rhino he'll be a big help as you go along. 

I tried very hard today and wound up walking away from it after seeing 1k - 2k time after time after time, trying to level up my weapons for hours. You could barely see the line move.

Play in a random squad. Defense against Grineer or corpus is better than against infested, unless you are getting extra xp for using a weapon-type 

Maybe tomorrow

Like I said before, good luck, Tenno. 

4 hours ago, Drivrius said:

Also, the "Find all cashes in 3 sabotage missions" seems like it would take forever, unless were talking about the missions with 3 hidden cashes? I mean, it's not about opening all the lockers thingies in a mission right?

Yes its the "hidden" lockers that make the noise/glow white, not all lockers, that are the caches. :)