Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

Not everyone has to do everything.  If all challenges were made so that a sub MR4 could run them then there would be no challenge.  As Ksaero also said, you don't need to complete 100% of the nightwave challenges to get all 30 tiers, and even then the later tiers are cosmetic so you can't argue it from a Mastery Points perspective.

• Like 9

I've been playing Warframe for just over 100 days. I haven't focused much on Solaris U grind. Just yesterday I got to the 3rd rank. If I could grind out the rest before the week's end, I would, but I am MR 16, and 17k rep per day over 7 days will not be enough to get me there. It's pretty disappointing that the only thing keeping me from completing this challenge is needless daily rep restrictions. They could at least give us the courtesy to turn those restrictions off this week...

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Not everyone has to do everything.  If all challenges were made so that a sub MR4 could run them then there would be no challenge.  As Ksaero also said, you don't need to complete 100% of the nightwave challenges to get all 30 tiers, and even then the later tiers are cosmetic so you can't argue it from a Mastery Points perspective.

You're the second to state an obvious factoid. And likewise the second to fail to explain how it is in any way beneficial to the state of the of the game or indeed anyone that this factoid is indeed true.

Congratulations?

Like what, it makes your little guy downstairs happy that you wasted enough time grinding rep so you can do it when others can't? This improves your life somehow?
Genuine question. Condescending, sure. But genuine. The improving your life one--I don't need the first answered, thanks.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

So elite weekly challenges can't be done by everyone? Inconceivable!

Joke aside considering you can basically buy your way to Old Mate using ticker and debt bonds this is a non issue 5o me. Considering how long Fortuna has been out an MR 1 could be most of the way to max by now.

Hello, third. An MR 1.. who presumably started playing the game 15 minutes ago.. could be most of the way to Old Mate by now.. because.. Fortuna has been out for a while now..

Brilliant.

Anyone have anything remotely interesting to say, or is the white knight parade just in town?

• Like 1

Players that are not in a position to do orb mother are not in a position to get all ranks of nightwave, they get as far as they can in this series and hope to get further in the next. I think the lack of more wolf cred is truly more hindering than the loss of an elite challenge.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

So elite weekly challenges can't be done by everyone? Inconceivable!

Agreed. I think its reasonable that elite missions can be slightly unreasonable or infeasible to a portion of the player base. I dont think nightwave is designed to where every player can make it to rank 30 by the end.

Though what is inconceivable is how dare they give me a challenge for 3 formas, the day after I put 5 into my kitgun lol.

25 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

That's 5000 Nightwave points you can't even attempt to get.

Because F you, Dreamers.

small-violin.gif

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

small-violin.gif

..Okay?

I guess here we have some of those fabled ub3r l33t "harcore gamers" that can't enjoy something unless they know other people have been arbitrarily excluded from it for no particular reason. 

You know. Forget designing a challenge that could be attempted by anyone, but not completed by everyone. Forget taking pride or satisfaction in doing something others tried but failed to accomplish. 

Nah. They couldn't even try, so I are wiener! 

Good ol' case of "F you. Got mine." 

Edited by Horyzon
adding salt
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

Really? That's pretty obvious and so yes I had already realized that. But.. thanks?

DE said players would need to do something like 67% of the weekly tasks to get the rank 30 rewards from Nightwave season 1. That's reasonable imo. But a task like this is automatically placed firmly in that 33% that won't--or in this case can't--be done, without any choice to the player. For a significant amount of players, I would wager.

If DE decides that's indeed their intention. Uhh.. alright? It is their game after all. And I said I intend to not be one of those players thus affected. So no real harm to me.. but it's not difficult to imagine how unpleasant this would feel if I were one of those affected players.

You can always compensate with catching prisoners. I've earned more than 5000 rep in just about 3 hours while doing K-Drive 1000000m challenge in vallis.

I think it should be avoided having a challenge like 3 formas, it really is not an issue you could spend 3 days making them then placing them but for some people who are in good spots with their set ups dont need to forma. Luckily I still need to forma my mesa prime so thats my out for this challenge, but this challenge kind of sounds like encouraging people who dont have formas to buy them instead of waiting 3 days. Like oh look you need to do 3 formas and we just happen to sell them in bundles of three, I am not making this accusation but I could see others viewing it that way.

But for my general feedback for nightwave as a whole:

Dailies should be challenges that basically anyone can do. (Which has been true to this point)

Weekly challenges should be fully do-able  by anyone whos around the war within game progress wise. (Hit and miss so far)

Elite challenges should be fully doable by those who are fully up to date in content and most reputations. (Kinda hit and miss)

I think elite challenges having the possibility of being locked behind max rep for factions is fine, but weekly challenges should at most be locked by rank 2 of factions. Sure things like fishing and mining are easy enough but when your wanting rare fish or rare gems. Some of that is gated behind pretty high rep for what should be a challenge most can do. 

Currently my biggest issues for weekly challenges is they sound either like a small bump from daily challenges or right at the cusp of being called elite. The example of a well balanced weekly challenge that comes to mind was the crack 5 relics.

14 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

..Okay?

I guess here we have some of those fabled ub3r l33t "harcore gamers" that can't enjoy something unless they know other people have been arbitrarily excluded from it for no particular reason. 

You know. Forget designing a challenge that could be attempted by anyone, but not completed by everyone. Forget taking pride or satisfaction in doing something others tried but failed to accomplish. 

Nah. They couldn't even try, so I are wiener! 

Good ol' case of "F you. Got mine." 

Your edit is right, man that is a lot of salt, nah i put the gif there because that last line of yours felt like the perfect spot for it. You do make some valid points, but elite should have a higher wall to completion otherwise its just a weekly challenge the name would be pointless. People being carried through some elite stuff is fine but shouldnt be the norm for all of it. A bigger issue to be addressed is when some weekly challenges are psudo elites, like 3 formas, rare fish/gems. Things like that shouldnt be in the rotation for weekly.

Edited by Ramflax
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

You can always compensate with catching prisoners. I've earned more than 5000 rep in just about 3 hours while doing K-Drive 1000000m challenge in vallis.

Ok. Fair point. You're essentially saying "you can make up for your previous lack of grinding.. by grinding a lot." It's still a terrible design imo, and I see it as only putting a band aid on something you should probably go see a doctor about. But you've at least offered something of an option. Thumbs up.

Just to clarify, what I see as the problem with this design choice is the arbitrary exclusion of a significant portion of the player base from even attempting to complete this task, to no real gain to anyone else.

21 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

Your edit is right, man that is a lot of salt, nah i put the gif there because that last line of yours felt like the perfect spot for it. You do make some valid points, but elite should have a higher wall to completion otherwise its just a weekly challenge the name would be pointless. People being carried through some elite stuff is fine but shouldnt be the norm for all of it. A bigger issue to be addressed is when some weekly challenges are psudo elites, like 3 formas, rare fish/gems. Things like that shouldnt be in the rotation for weekly.

Ok. Why though? Why is it good for these "Elite Challenges" to exclude large numbers of people from even being able to try them?

If DE implements as weekly challenge what might be considered a master level chess puzzle, large numbers of people would be unable to solve it. But they could at least try. If they wanted to badly enough, they could immerse themselves in the world of Chess puzzles and after a grueling week of skipping showers, they might be able to solve it. Or more likely in the age of the internet, they would google it.

But the point is people could at least try to complete the challenge. It wouldn't be impossible before they even started.

I see this as nothing more than "hey, those people shorter than 5'9" or taller than 6'2".. you failed. F you. Everyone else, yaay you win!"

I don't agree that the existence of "bigger issues," even if we were to agree those are bigger issues, automatically disqualifies concern over all "smaller issues."

For the luls I'll adress those other concerns you brought up.
Forma? Yeah I don't like that one either. I can't really call a P2W foul since you can get forma for free, but it's definitely a douchy one. Like "hey, you weren't planning to spend forma on anything right now? Too bad. Do it or you miss out." Forma might not be a paid resource necessarily, but it certainly is one of the more rare and valuable resources. I would have disliked "Use 1 forma" a lot less.

Rare fish/gems? I don't have a problem with those. They are tedious, but players have a choice whether or not they want to spend/waste their time pursuing those tasks. And it wasn't something ridiculous like find 30 rare gems. So yeah, I thought those were okay.

Edited by Horyzon
i no grammar gud.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

Just to clarify, what I see as the problem with this design choice is the arbitrary exclusion of a significant portion of the player base from even attempting to complete this task, to no real gain to anyone else.

OMG. It's an elite challenge.

So I think what you're arguing is that the elite challenge should be accessible to every player.

... what.

Continuing on the line of thought of asking why is it good for the game, community, or indeed anyone that these weekly challenges arbitrarily exclude people on the basis of something like grinding faction rep which is gated by daily caps..

Allow me to ask:

Would you be ok with a weekly challenge that required max rank reputation, in the Enemy faction of whatever Syndicate(s) you currently have maxed out. E.g. if you are currently maxed with Steel Meridian, would you think it good game design to have one of these oh-so-Elite weekly challenges require rep for Perrin Sequence, or vise versa?

I.. I would guess not. You'd be right here with me, complaining on the forums in no time flat. 

To undermine my own point a little bit, mostly cus I guess at this point I'm doing this out of pure boredom and not wanting to go grind Fortuna rep.. this is not strictly speaking the fairest of comparisons, since Fortuna rep doesn't exclude any other faction or vise versa.. so technically, if given enough time all players could have it at maxed rank. But my little question still has some merit imo. 

And the bottom line is still, why is it okay for BS arbitrary exclusion? Like would it be okay for them to make an "ELITE Challenge!" that.. oh I don't know, you can only complete if your account was created before 2016, then next week's can only be completed if your account was created after 2016. Would that be okay? No? But it's Elite, right?

Edited by Horyzon
shooting my own argument in the foot

2 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

Would you be ok with a weekly challenge that required max rank reputation, in the Enemy faction of whatever Syndicate(s) you currently have maxed out. E.g. if you are currently maxed with Steel Meridian, would you think it good game design to have one of these oh-so-Elite weekly challenges require rep for Perrin Sequence, or vise versa? 

No, because the parallel you're trying to draw here is flawed. It would be directly to the detriment of another aspect of the game. I reached max Vox Solaris reasonably quickly after Fortuna release, and there was no trade off - I didn't have to give anything up to do so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

me and my clanmate got max rank in fortuna weeks ago :v

Well good for you then. I’m also not max rank yet and I have to agree with the other person. We just got Fortuna and I think they should’ve thought of their Switch playerbase. They should’ve at least waited two more weeks before adding this challenge. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Well good for you then. I’m also not max rank yet and I have to agree with the other person. We just got Fortuna and I think they should’ve thought of their Switch playerbase. They should’ve at least waited two more weeks before adding this challenge. 

we had max rank for almost 3 weeks now so idk

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro

13 hours ago, pook-pook said:

No, because the parallel you're trying to draw here is flawed. It would be directly to the detriment of another aspect of the game. I reached max Vox Solaris reasonably quickly after Fortuna release, and there was no trade off - I didn't have to give anything up to do so.

But it's Elite, bruh. It's ELITE! Hardcore! It shouldn't be accessible to everyone. You just chose the wrong faction. 

In all seriousness, I already addressed this in an edit as you were writing your reply. How about this one:

Would it be okay for them to make an "ELITE Challenge!" that.. oh I don't know, you can only complete if your account was created before 2016, then next week's can only be completed if your account was created after 2016. Would that be okay?

What? No? But it's Elite, right? You could have created your account before 2016. And you could make a new one for next week's. And.. I dunno try to transfer the rewards or something. Why that would be even more fair than asking for a Profit Taker kill!

13 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

If a player has not met the requirements, they should probably start working towards that if they want the rewards.  If they don't get it this time, they can catch it on the one. 

They.. they can't just work towards it. It's impossible. Because of the daily rep caps. That's.. that's the problem. Thanks for catching up.

Edited by Horyzon

Just now, DeltaPangaea said:

And in contrast, I'm a PC player and only just got Old Mate like a month ago or somethin'. Not everyone grinds out reputation.

it should atleast be a goal since it has a reward at the end thats why I did it and everyone played fortuna last year with all the hype

9 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

we had max rank for almost 3 weeks now so idk

Like I said, good for you. And repeatedly boasting about it doesn’t help either. Not everyone progresses through games the same way and some players have irl things to do, not all of us can play for hours and some of us can’t play every single day. I’m just saying they should’ve thought of Switch players and delayed that challenge for a week or two. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
typo

51 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

Ok. Fair point. You're essentially saying "you can make up for your previous lack of grinding.. by grinding a lot."

Not a lot really. About 3-4 hours of just walking/running around to compensate for an elite weekly challenge.

2 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

They.. they can't. It's impossible. Because of the daily rep caps. That's.. that's the problem. Thanks for catching up.

So they are incapable of catching up the next time stuff comes around.   Gotcha.  

• Like 2