Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

23 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Not a lot really. About 3-4 hours of just walking/running around to compensate for an elite weekly challenge.

I dunno, 3-4 hours sounds like a good bit of grinding to me. And as you say, this would only be to compensate for being unable to complete the weekly, not any fix for that weekly or the issue I see with it.

Fine, you have some way to make up a bit of rep if you need to if you grind for it. Okay. Fair point, on a tangent. 

But again, my complaint here is not "I can't complete this and get my 5000 points." I can complete this. I most likely will. My problem is I think this is poor game design, and I think it can be improved upon.

21 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

So they are incapable of catching up the next time stuff comes around.   Gotcha.  

That's not what I said, and you should know that. It is impossible to do this week's for some people. And if some horrible reason this shows up again, it might still be impossible for some people depending on for example when it comes back, how much rep those people were missing, and/or when they started playing. Nice try with the return sass though. 

Edited by Horyzon

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

it should atleast be a goal since it has a reward at the end thats why I did it and everyone played fortuna last year with all the hype

What makes you think it’s not a goal for us? Because we didn’t manage to reach max reputation as fast as you did? 😕

4 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

What makes you think it’s not a goal for us? Because we didn’t manage to reach max reputation as fast as you did? 😕

I didn't say it wasn't a goal for switch player but PC had it out way longer than consoles did so I dont see why they couldn't get max rank since they're the oldest players. PC had fortuna for like 5 months so 1 out of 5 months could be max rank.

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

it should atleast be a goal since it has a reward at the end thats why I did it and everyone played fortuna last year with all the hype

To be honest most of my fortuna hype was ruined by it inexplicably being (and still being) a laggy, poorly optimized mess compared to the Plains.

I try to spend as little time as possible there, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Starfreak911 said:

Not everyone has to do everything.  If all challenges were made so that a sub MR4 could run them then there would be no challenge.  As Ksaero also said, you don't need to complete 100% of the nightwave challenges to get all 30 tiers, and even then the later tiers are cosmetic so you can't argue it from a Mastery Points perspective.

Umbra Forma is not cosmetic.

~70% participation rate is way too high for something so frequently dumping out objectives many players can't, or just don't want to do. Never mind the fact that you have to be there to do them. Not everyone is a highschool student with a terrible attendance record. Not everyone wants to work an online job.

• Like 4

From what I heard, DE plans to have this going for 10 weeks. And all those nightwaves equals to like 4 levels. So 8 weeks for players who complete every single one and then gets off the game. 9-10 for those who can’t complete 1 or 2 elite missions. And even shorter for all those who hunt down fugitives. So as long as the players play, they have nothing to worry about. New players will never get Excalibur Prime. But do we complain or quit? No. Instead we got rewarded with Umbra and now we have a warframe equal to a prime. But that was t enough for some players and we now have umbra mods but you got to earn them. All I’m seeing is “give me everything for free” from so many spoiled/entitled players. There were many events I missed out on. Many things I didn’t get to do because I was late in getting the game. And now a part of me feels like all the crap I had to deal with to get where I am was sent down the toilet when DE made it easier for new players. But that is how a game evolves. And I don’t go around using that to demand DE make everything easier for me or give me free stuff for the lost or missed out opportunities. Same goes with this event here. There’s a guy who is 2 levels ahead of me and that is because he farmed Fugitives. So while I may reach level 30, 4 weeks from now, he’ll be 30 in 3 weeks from now. Y’all got to be patient.

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Umbra Forma is not cosmetic.

Not everyone is a highschool student with a terrible attendance record. Not everyone wants to work an online job.

Good thing I’m a planner. One guy I play with sometimes requires me to be the brains even behind his controller while he lives like 200 miles away from me. But at least he was there for the profit taker challenge. 

Can y’all make the Wolf have a set time limit. Basically after like 5 minutes, he will not show up? Cause I was sitting at the extraction. Waited for a good 2 minutes for the slower players to arrive. The mission lasted for 7 minutes. But then when the players finally jumped on the extraction. The Wolf finally showed and I missed my first chance. I’ve had many assassins show up at the wrong or late time. But this really ticked me off. Kind of like how Corrupted Vor is gauranteed to spawn after 8 minutes with mission officially starts, maybe the Wolf has a time limit where if he doesn’t show up within it, then he never will for the rest of that mission. So people like me, aren’t getting frustrated about missing a rare opportunity. The stalker hunted me 4 times already while this Kavat in Wolf Armor hasn’t showed up once until the moment mentioned above. 

Either that or make this dude less of a Kavat and more of a Wolf. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

From what I heard, DE plans to have this going for 10 weeks. And all those nightwaves equals to like 4 levels. So 8 weeks for players who complete every single one and then gets off the game. 9-10 for those who can’t complete 1 or 2 elite missions. And even shorter for all those who hunt down fugitives. So as long as the players play, they have nothing to worry about. New players will never get Excalibur Prime. But do we complain or quit? No. Instead we got rewarded with Umbra and now we have a warframe equal to a prime. But that was t enough for some players and we now have umbra mods but you got to earn them. All I’m seeing is “give me everything for free” from so many spoiled/entitled players. There were many events I missed out on. Many things I didn’t get to do because I was late in getting the game. And now a part of me feels like all the crap I had to deal with to get where I am was sent down the toilet when DE made it easier for new players. But that is how a game evolves. And I don’t go around using that to demand DE make everything easier for me or give me free stuff for the lost or missed out opportunities. Same goes with this event here. There’s a guy who is 2 levels ahead of me and that is because he farmed Fugitives. So while I may reach level 30, 4 weeks from now, he’ll be 30 in 3 weeks from now. Y’all got to be patient.

"New players will never get Excalibur Prime. But do we complain.."

Yes.

"or quit?" 

..no. But it is bull___. Somewhat understandable BS. But BS.

I already addressed the whole 67% completion thing.. the problem here as Nezu touched on, is that they keep adding objectives that can't be completed by some people regardless of how hard they may want to or tried. So then it doesn't become "oh do 67% of these as your time or sanity allows"--which again I think is reasonable. And it instead becomes "boi you better hope you can even try to complete 67% of these, and you better praise your lucky stars if you can and get everything done that you can even try!"

And yeah the addendum of "but hey good news! You can always grind those random clowns that sometimes spawn. That's a good way to spend your life.".. Yeah that doesn't really fix the issue imo.

Dude you seem to be hard set on that "F you, got mine." mentality. Everything you write tends to boil down to "Well I found a way to get it done. Even if it involves people playing other people's accounts, which might be against TOS. So you better find a way, too!" 

Edited by Horyzon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

"New players will never get Excalibur Prime. But do we complain.."

Yes.

"or quit?" 

..no. But it is bull___. Somewhat understandable BS. But BS.

I already addressed the whole 67% completion thing.. the problem here as Nezu touched on, is that they keep adding objectives that can't be completed by some people regardless of how hard they may want to or tried. So then it doesn't become "oh do 67% of these as your time or sanity allows"--which again I think is reasonable. And it instead becomes "boi you better hope you can even try to complete 67% of these, and you better praise your lucky stars if you can and get everything done that you can even try!"

And yeah the addendum of "but hey good news! You can always grind those random clowns that sometimes spawn. That's a good way to spend your life.".. Yeah that doesn't really fix the issue imo.

Dude you seem to be hard set on that "F you, got mine." mentality. Everything you write tends to boil down to "Well I found a way to get it done. Even if it involves people playing other people's accounts, which might be against TOS. So you better find a way, too!" 

🏻I didn’t say I play on someone else’s account.

🏻I didn’t say anything close to “F you”.

what I was getting at is that I have missed many opportunities but I don’t go on the forums and complain to/criticize DE about it. You are sounding like one of those spoiled/entitled kids who act like DE should just give them the rewards with little to no work put into it. Like you would not hesitate to use cheat codes to play the game if DE allowed. All I’m saying is that y’all play the game and complete the challenges that y’all can, then y’all will get to level 30. Only a brand new player who just got on may not have a chance. But then again, brand new players tend to play the crap of games on the first few weeks or month so they would most likely stack on Fugitive standing either way. Only players that would be affected by this are the lazy ones. The ones that barely get on to get their logins. At first I thought you were mostly overreacting. But now I’m starting to believe you’re one of those “give me what I demand” types.

• Like 1

Wow.

Elite challenges weren't made for the new players, it's obvious that dailies and most of the normal weeklies were for that.

You are unfair and selfish:

You want to make Nightwave require nothing to complete because you can't do one particular challenge.

There are a lot of players out there who like this more difficult content and you want to take the fun away from them.

Why can't we share the Nightwave? You can get your fun from easy challenges, which are like 80% of them and let us, people who enjoy some challenge, enjoy the rest of 20%?

This game can be good for everyone, but hyper-casual players want it to be just for the hyper-casual players and it's unfair.

Well, here it is, the Orb mother kill

Which is not a big deal on PC, most of the players had plenty of time to reach old mate or at least get close to it?

But on switch?

PC migrated accounts are probably old mate, because they already were or were close, or had already grinded poe enough to focus on it.

Most of other accounts are not even close. I always have problems finding 2 people to make a 4 man squad for orb.

And while hydrolist was doable even for newbies getting carried by a couple of good players, this is rep gated. High reputation gate, which even at MR20 needs what.... 6 days just to rank from 4 to 5?

Mind me, I don't have problems with the mission itself, I think it's fine, because an elite alert should be for vets.

The problem is on switch, where there aren't many players that can be considered vets, because a fresh start on switch means that in less than months a player had to catch-up with ostron/quill and solaris later standing.

Tl;dr in not against the orb quest, but it's a really bad quest to put that early on switch

18 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

🏻I didn’t say I play on someone else’s account.

🏻I didn’t say anything close to “F you”.

what I was getting at is that I have missed many opportunities but I don’t go on the forums and complain to/criticize DE about it. You are sounding like one of those spoiled/entitled kids who act like DE should just give them the rewards with little to no work put into it. Like you would not hesitate to use cheat codes to play the game if DE allowed. All I’m saying is that y’all play the game and complete the challenges that y’all can, then y’all will get to level 30. Only a brand new player who just got on may not have a chance. But then again, brand new players tend to play the crap of games on the first few weeks or month so they would most likely stack on Fugitive standing either way. Only players that would be affected by this are the lazy ones. The ones that barely get on to get their logins. At first I thought you were mostly overreacting. But now I’m starting to believe you’re one of those “give me what I demand” types.

But I do like complaining. I like debating. And I happen to like Warframe. And I also like giving suggestions on how to improve things I like, but I think could be better.

I apparently misinterpreted that "behind his controller" comment you made. My mistake then.

"F you, got mine" is an expression. It refers to an attitude of "I got what I needed or wanted, and I don't care if others did or did not." It is not a reference to your use of profanity.

If you interpreted my comments as "give stuff away for free," then I don't think you read them very well at all.

@Lodeion Hi, welcome. Unfortunately you are quite late to the party, and you're only repeating what has already been said by others and already replied to by me and others. Thanks for stopping by.

PS: According to Steam I've put like 600 hours in this game, in like a couple months.. I think I might need help. If that's "hyper-casual" (did you really just say that unironically?).. then God help the human race for we are doomed. You obviously didn't read a damn thing written in this thread, and your "OMG the casuls!" response is frankly just memeworthy. 

Edited by Horyzon
Seasoning with just a pinch of salt

6 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

But I do like complaining. I like debating. And I happen to like Warframe. And I also like giving suggestions on how to improve things I like, but I think could be better.

I apparently misinterpreted that "behind his controller" comment you made. My mistake then.

"F you, got mine" is an expression. It refers to an attitude of "I got what I needed or wanted, and I don't care if others did or did not." It is not a reference to your use of profanity.

If you interpreted my comments as "give stuff away for free," then I don't think you read them very well at all.

@Lodeion Hi, welcome. Unfortunately you are quite late to the party, and you're only repeating what has already been said by others and already replied to by me and others. Thanks for stopping by.

PS: According to Steam I've put like 600 hours in this game, in like a couple months.. If that's "hyper-casual" (did you really just say that unironically?).. then God help the human race for we are doomed. You obviously didn't read a damn thing written in this thread, and your "OMG the casuls!" response is frankly just memeworthy. 

Well I can understand the “play with a friend or clan” type not being liked. I didn’t have any friends when I first started playing and “friends” require you to be on their time. Now maybe the Profit Taker could be a separated one that can be done for more Wolf Credits or something. But what I was saying is that even if players can’t complete that ☝🏻 specific challenge, they will be okay as long as they complete the others. But I do agree that some challenges are unfair to new players. But I also agree that more experienced high leveled players should be rewarded for their time and effort put into the game. There is a guy I know that I’m trying to speed up his level and such because he lost his other account. So I’m trying to basically carry him across the solar system to help him catch back up and get to level 30 on nightwave before it is too late. Would be nice if DE made it where players could be carried to the Profit taker. They can always weaken the shield and boost me up and other players to take out the legs and destroy it. I wouldn’t mind helping players like them out. But DE also shouldn’t just focus on all the new players and just forget about their old ones who put time and money into this game. As far as I know, DE made sure that every player currently playing has a chance to reach level 30 as long as they complete their challanges that they can complete. Those desperate to catch up after being so late will just have to farm for Fugitives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horyzon said:

Just to clarify, what I see as the problem with this design choice is the arbitrary exclusion of a significant portion of the player base from even attempting to complete this task, to no real gain to anyone else.

I feel like no one properly addressed this point so I'm going to give my thoughts on it

I don't think the exclusion of a large part of the player base is arbitrary at all, it encourages players who are not at max rep or don't have the gear for it to continue playing the game and grind for it. If you're arguing that you can't get things like umbral forma or exclusive mods without reaching high nightwave levels, then that's moving away from the tridolon and profit taker bounty specifically and more to the topic of umbral forma forcing players to do nightwave. 

In terms of the no real gain to anyone else part, I think that things like encouraging players to do profit taker and tridolons is healthy for the game as it gives variety, tridolons and profit taker are different experiences to the standard missions in warframe. Players are constantly asking DE for more content and ngihtwave is a way to get players doing existing content that they may not have reasons to do otherwise but still get satisfying rewards nonetheless, if the player doesn't enjoy said content they don't need to complete every challenge to get all of the nightwave rewards.

To sum up I think the inclusion of profit taker bounty and tridolon cap is good game design as it encourages players who aren't at the level to continue playing the game and get to a level where the fights are accessible and doable, Its beneficial to veterans who can do these fights as it gives more variety to gameplay.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Horyzon said:

PS: According to Steam I've put like 600 hours in this game, in like a couple months.. I think I might need help. If that's "hyper-casual" (did you really just say that unironically?).. then God help the human race for we are doomed. You obviously didn't read a damn thing written in this thread, and your "OMG the casuls!" response is frankly just memeworthy. 

@Late to the party:

Well, well, well, it seems like you are trying to force me to read your entire topic before posting, this must be "Elite weekly" forum thread 😉

@Calling you hyper-casual:

I consider reaching max standing in Solaris a casual level content - it takes what, 24 hours to get / 24 days to get to max standing by mining gems if your standing limit is 10000.

It's no challenge, only some effort, casual content. And if it's too much effort for you, it means you're not just a casual player, isn't it?

Edited by Lodeion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well I can understand the “play with a friend or clan” type not being liked. I didn’t have any friends when I first started playing and “friends” require you to be on their time. Now maybe the Profit Taker could be a separated one that can be done for more Wolf Credits or something. But what I was saying is that even if players can’t complete that ☝🏻 specific challenge, they will be okay as long as they complete the others. But I do agree that some challenges are unfair to new players. But I also agree that more experienced high leveled players should be rewarded for their time and effort put into the game. There is a guy I know that I’m trying to speed up his level and such because he lost his other account. So I’m trying to basically carry him across the solar system to help him catch back up and get to level 30 on nightwave before it is too late. Would be nice if DE made it where players could be carried to the Profit taker. They can always weaken the shield and boost me up and other players to take out the legs and destroy it. I wouldn’t mind helping players like them out. But DE also shouldn’t just focus on all the new players and just forget about their old ones who put time and money into this game. As far as I know, DE made sure that every player currently playing has a chance to reach level 30 as long as they complete their challanges that they can complete. Those desperate to catch up after being so late will just have to farm for Fugitives. 

Well, the "friends" part does not matter to me because it's very easy to solve that the way I have in the past: go on recruit chat, and just add somebody to your friends list. There's no requirement that this person must be your friend for a week prior to the mission or anything like that. You can even add people already in the mission with you and I think that will work.

I agree that experienced players should be rewarded. I'm actually one of the people who thinks there should be more easily accessible challenge content that doesn't require you to waste an hour or two of your life killing the same junk in a survival mission before slightly challenging enemies show up. 

What I don't agree with is that this reward for veterans has to come at the expense of everyone else. Mind you "veterans" might also not have maxed Fortuna rep, either because they didn't feel like it was worth their time, or because they were on a break from the game when Fortuna released or whatever other reason. 

But a limited time event like this, I feel the wrong place to be rewarding veterans when it directly excludes people simply for not having been playing the game long enough. Limited time events like this already punish players who for whatever reason could not or were not playing the game at that specific time. There's no need in my humble opinion to double down and also punish players who were playing at the time, but hadn't grinded up enough Rep yet.

I think the right way to reward veterans is to add permanent content which by its nature cannot be immediately accessible to newbies, but once those newbies put in enough time, they too can enjoy that content. 

On 2019-03-13 at 1:52 AM, VenomousValentine said:

The unfortunate answer to this is if you don't have lots of free time warframe isn't the game for you. Im sorry man. 

You really have no idea of what you are talking about, what an utterly ridiculous comment to make.

On 2019-03-12 at 4:09 PM, TheRealShade said:

I also work from 8 to 5 every day and it takes me 1.5h to get to work and 2.5h to get home due to increased traffic. I also have limited time to play and do overtime whenever the case arises. I have no issues getting my weeklies done within the 1h-1.5h time I have to play everyday. Granted I don't always work on the weekends but so far I've been done with my "challenges" before that.

If anything, what I'd see changed isn't an increase in the time window we have, I'd just drop most of the wolf creds in the early ranks and leave the other rank rewards later in the system, ideally just dump all the cosmetics on the end of the wave rather than spreading them around all ranks.

I'm calling you out on the lies you are spouting, you still need to buy food, clean yourself, do the chores , eat and sleep, no one with any sense will spend the very limited time they have doing my kind of hours playing a game to get up a rank by doing the stupidest and most ridiculous requests for the rep, "do 9 Eidolon Bounties", "Catch X rare fish", "survive for an hour in X doing Y" is stupid, I haven't even reached rank 6 yet.

1 minute ago, Priamos said:

You really have no idea of what you are talking about, what an utterly ridiculous comment to make.

I'm calling you out on the lies you are spouting, you still need to buy food, clean yourself, do the chores , eat and sleep, no one with any sense will spend the very limited time they have doing my kind of hours playing a game to get up a rank by doing the stupidest and most ridiculous requests for the rep, "do 9 Eidolon Bounties", "Catch X rare fish", "survive for an hour in X doing Y" is stupid, I haven't even reached rank 6 yet.

I already answered that, go back and read it.

Forced to spend 3 forma and guild some weapon is veteran unfriendly. I mean i already got what i want, why do it again? forma thing may be 'issue' for brand new playes who cant get hand on forma yet or get some weapon to guild. Also if i got what i want and formed it, why i have to spend 3 forma in something i dont want and waste my res? I found this task non friendly to some players and i belive it is not equal/compeer (One who is equal in rank) for players. DE should re think some of tasks for standing. What i s next? spend 50p in market for 3k standing??????  I feel like be forced to spend res and grind things than waste it all. Where is fun in game? Dont feel like having fun in this tasks. What is next? Get despair drop form stalker for 5k standing? I can see that nightwave is designed so players can get more interact with game instead of doing monotone mission for reward. But 'been forced' to do/grind things wont keep players in game or make it more fun. Task use 3 forma is like :'Yo man, i know you got it all and you may not want/need something else but you can always spend some more, just for fun... oh also make weapon you dont need than guild it (again) and have fun''. It is like buy shoes you dont want just to get 20% discount on next article you actualy need. 

• Like 1

well i did not build dojo or do dojo related things. well it may count, but what with players who dont have dojo or permission to change it? if you are some MR lets say 14 you have room to spend forma on and do 1 modular thing and guild it. but for MR 26 or 27 no so much it is like been forced to do it, make waste of your time and res. 

New feedback with last & this Week: ascension and gild & forma!

Last Week there was a challenge to complete 4 halls of ascension. I thought it would be easy and waited until yesterday to try to complete it.

I did several missions on Lua without finding 1 and gave up: this challenge has more RNG involved than the ayatan one (at least, they have arbitrations to grind)

As for this week's challenges, I'm MR 26 with everything in the game so needing to gild something means to waste resources in building a dummy weapon, max it twice … and throw it ?

Is it what DE had in mind with this challenge ?

Same goes for putting 3 formas: I'll have to find a MK1 weapon I hadn't forma'd yet just for a challenge ?

So, as I see it, those are 2 challenges I won't do this week and it's a shame ...