Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb - 20 hours and over 60 attempts after EDIT 75 Runs for Both Ephemera's!

Alpha-Dave

After ~65 Tries on the Exploiter:
Time ~20 hours
Hildryn Chassis - 24 Blueprints
Hildryn Systems - 14 Blueprints
Hildryn Neuroptics - 22 Blueprints
Freezing Step Ephemera - 3 Blueprints
Shocking Step Ephemera - 0 Blueprints

It's a complete joke if you happen to be like me and go for the Ephemera's. I'm not saying RNG is bad, but It really doesn't go well when the boss takes ~15 minutes to be cleared(After fix). It would have been a better idea to make it a challenge like doing it solo in a given time or just put it as a reward if you've cleared it 20-30 or even 50 times. It really puts collectors on their toes knowing that they have to invest so much time for a single item when there are 5 different Ephemera's that have a similar chance of dropping from something completely different(Except the one that's purchasable).

TLDR: Low % drop on Bosses may only provoke players instead of motivating them and enjoy the game. A solution I would recommend to this is to make Ephemera's tradable since that would be at least something to look forward to. 🙂

Lazulite Toroids

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alpha-Dave said:

Time ~20 hours
Hildryn Chassis - 24 Blueprints
Hildryn Systems - 14 Blueprints
Hildryn Neuroptics - 22 Blueprints
Freezing Step Ephemera - 3 Blueprints
Shocking Step Ephemera - 0 Blueprints

I had like 50 tries.

Haven't paid attention to the time.

Chassis: 34

Systems:15

Neuroptics:1

Freezing Steps: 7

Shocking Steps: 1

40 runs crashed and I ended up with 7 Chassis, 3 Systems and 1 Shocking Step

Nah shouldn't be tradeable. Needs to have some sort of token system though. Same with the one in eso. Either make an item drop like the vitrus essence for defeating the thing/getting to rotation c to trade to someone or make it available for like 50-100 vitus essence.

As it is now a veteran could do these things always and forever and never see the thing drop. Take final fantasy xiv for example, if you do the extreme version of the fights, and dont get the mount drop, you can clear it 99 times and hand in tokens. It will almost guaranteed drop at least a few times but you have to roll against 7 others in that game if you are public.

• Like 1

If we only had really low drop rate on cosmetics in all the different content, I would be okay with that. It's okay for special, rare cosmetics to have very low chance to drop. Not everyone should have it, and it makes them like special trophies to equip and show off. 

• Like 2

The instant I saw what the drop chances are for the ephemeras, I shook my head and said aloud "Hell no". It's one of those things that will be more painful to farm for than it's worth, it feels like, and I'd rather not put up with that frustration.

At least it's cosmetic stuff, I guess.

So if I understand wiki right, you have 1 guaranteed draw from Hildryn parts, 3 guaranteed draws from resources and 1 6% chance to draw from Ephemera. If Ephemera is drawn, you have 50% chance for each one... You got a 5% draw rate from Ephemera which seems consistent. But like you can easily flip heads 3 times in a row, you got 3 freezing Ephemera thingies. That sucks, but believable! Keep grinding...

23 minutes ago, Tazrizen said:

Duuuudddeeeee lucky. 

I got 3 shocking steps but no freezing steps 😞

Maybe you should trade 1 for 1 with OP! Everyone wins... I think.

EDIT: Oh, apparently not tradeable...

Edited by nslay

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎21 at 4:16 PM, Alpha-Dave said:

After 44 tries: 0 ephemeras, approx. 10 articulas, lots of Lazulite toroids & other drops.

While we Tenno generally are an insane lot, in retrospect I would recommend everyone to NOT try and farm the Exploiter Ephemeras, since while doing it the insanity of the whole thing just grows and the mood got uglier and uglier. And this explicitly among "veteran Tenno" trying "yet another run" to get the drop.

It is completely irrelevant if it is a meaningless cosmetic or a crucial mod, the driving force beneath the farm is "want". And while that is on the player alone, the whole thing affects the community. Which is quite evident from the amount of posts on the subject. And just wait until the lucky "RNG lottery" winners has had time to craft the cosmetic and it starts showing up in the game, it is going to be a bigger irritant than Limbo ever was, a constant reminder of the effort and time spent trying to get it (with no luck), while "some noob" got it on their first and only Exploiter mission and is "flaunting it".

• Like 4

В 21.03.2019 в 23:25, YazMatazO сказал:

It's cosmetics, mate...

its cosmetic in game that called FashionFrame. And yes, cosmetic items are always part of content, its stupid to think that "if its unnecessary and have no stats it is not part of the game"
Cosmetic items takes resourses of developers, and it serves its purpose. And in our case it serves very bad in relation to the players as many ppl think.

Edited by Kagarrash
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kagarrash said:

its cosmetic in game that called FashionFrame. And yes, cosmetic items are always part of content, its stupid to think that "if its unnecessary and have no stats it is not part of the game"
Cosmetic items takes resourses of developers, and it serves its purpose. And in our case it serves very bad in relation to the players as many ppl think.

They are also something that shows distinguishment. 

I am quite opposed to everybody having that cosmetic, or it being easily obtainable. 

But I wouldn't care about getting it, either way. 

@YazMatazO 
Unfortunately its show distinguishment only in luck, not it skill/expirience/persistency
Simple math show us that every 16th player get at least one ephemera as first drop (15-20 min) BUT every 100th player will not get ANY even after 100 tries (25-30 hours of farming)
And...its terrible.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎21 at 4:16 PM, Alpha-Dave said:

It's a complete joke if you happen to be like me and go for the Ephemera's.

I think the joke is on me.

Have lost count of the number of runs, but I have 210 Lazulite toroids (and used 6 for Hildryn). And still no ephemera...