Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime Access Available Now!

[DE]Helen

40 minutes ago, Homicider said:

I was ALMOST agreeing with you at first, but then you insisted on being so juvenile and pointlessly hostile that I realized I'd be embarrassed as a human being to share any opinion with you.

Must be a torture for you to know we play the same game too. Best of luck. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Island-Delver-Go said:

Enough with the fallacies. "Island can't possibly know the minutia of this situation. Therefore his entire argument is false!" - Again. See the following. It might get repetitive at this point. I'll put a cap on it unless you want to bring something meaningful to the table.

We both know they need to make money. Neither of us knows how much (Probably. I can't speak for you.) But DE is defensive on the subject of Prime Access and openly admit that it is a large portion of their income. If we want the game to continue progressing, we'll also want to support the game with a steady stream of income. It's not out of thin air but the arguments I've made up to this point is based on the fact that their employees make a pretty penny for the efforts they expend to develop the game, and the equipment and software they use also comes at a cost; as well as facilities, marketing, and building utilities. There's also a host of other expenses that I'm not privy to, but that is just repetition at this point.

My source is the Mogamu interview with the Devs at DE "How To Free To Play - Warframe Devs" & "Keeping Players Happy - Warframe Devs"

1) Their defensiveness does not mean financial trouble. It could just mean they have others who manage the pricing and they rather not comment on their colleague's decisions here. Lest they say something or imply something that others in the office had no plans or intentions of doing then they end up having to apologize later for perhaps saying things that were not meant to ever be fulfilled. 

2) You make it sound like prime access is bought so rarely so they have to charge the price of an AAA game every 3-ish months to sustain themselves, and any reduction of price will be detrimental and result in them closing down. Prime access is not their only income and they make money off plat purchases, tennogen and prime vault unsealed. And I think prime access being around the price of an AAA game is actually a limiting factor as many potential buyers will look at it and weigh their options, and they would think,  for this price, I can get a cosmetic upgrade with minor stat differences, and a few more cosmetic options, OR I can get an ENTIRELY NEW gameplay experience and story if I bought another game. Sure, the core part of Warframe is free and everything is farmable, and sure, some people will think that they will pay up the money for the game they have already played and intend to continue to play. But others will just look at it at face value for what the package is - a shinier version with minor stat upgrades with some other cosmetic options at the side. if these things are not enough, they will just pass and ignore. If DE lowers the price so that instead of competing with AAA games for that value in dollars, they compete with say, the price of a middle-class restaurant meal of $20, a LOT more people will be willing to part with their money. ... Heck, just glance through this thread where there are many people asking for a lower price, and any previous prime access thread, and you will get all the proof you need that if the price were lowered, the sales will rise. People are just waiting for a lower price and they will drop the money. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Equinox Prime is out on PS4.

Her Appearance tab is glitched. Any weapons she has on gets overriden with her body color choices. Her attachments never get changed no matter what you do.

may we see stradavar prime and tipedo prime stats?

4 minutes ago, Minelaus said:

4 hours 30 minutes to April 3 (german time) , i play on pc still no equinox prime 😶 think it will update late ... very late

More like in next 30 min, because usual update time for PA is around 2PM ET, which is 7-8PM In EU

29 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

2) You make it sound like prime access is bought so rarely so they have to charge the price of an AAA game every 3-ish months to sustain themselves, and any reduction of price will be detrimental and result in them closing down. Prime access is not their only income and they make money off plat purchases, tennogen and prime vault unsealed. And I think prime access being around the price of an AAA game is actually a limiting factor as many potential buyers will look at it and weigh their options, and they would think,  for this price, I can get a cosmetic upgrade with minor stat differences, and a few more cosmetic options, OR I can get an ENTIRELY NEW gameplay experience and story if I bought another game. Sure, the core part of Warframe is free and everything is farmable, and sure, some people will think that they will pay up the money for the game they have already played and intend to continue to play. But others will just look at it at face value for what the package is - a shinier version with minor stat upgrades with some other cosmetic options at the side. if these things are not enough, they will just pass and ignore. If DE lowers the price so that instead of competing with AAA games for that value in dollars, they compete with say, the price of a middle-class restaurant meal of $20, a LOT more people will be willing to part with their money. ... Heck, just glance through this thread where there are many people asking for a lower price, and any previous prime access thread, and you will get all the proof you need that if the price were lowered, the sales will rise. People are just waiting for a lower price and they will drop the money. 

I think I should point out that per buck, the amount of plat you get with Prime Access is more than the biggest undiscounted purchase options.

Yes, it's the price of an AAA game, but it's also the cheapest way to buy plat, and with it, you get all the new goodies, too.

If you're a plat buyer rather than a plat farmer, it's a no brainer to get Prime Access.

1 minute ago, Envixer said:

I think I should point out that per buck, the amount of plat you get with Prime Access is more than the biggest undiscounted purchase options.

Yes, it's the price of an AAA game, but it's also the cheapest way to buy plat, and with it, you get all the new goodies, too.

If you're a plat buyer rather than a plat farmer, it's a no brainer to get Prime Access.

And if you are vet who owns everything and has no need for plat or boosters, then neither the high plat nor 90-day booster value options have any meaning to you.

2 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

And if you are vet who owns everything and has no need for plat or boosters, then neither the high plat nor 90-day booster value options have any meaning to you.

I get that you might not need boosters, but having plat is useful.

With my PA plat I can just buy every warframe and deluxe skin released between Primes, and usually have enough left over for astute trades.

To each their own, though.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Island-Delver-Go said:

Finally! someone with an actual argument. Yes! They can be making a large sum of money and overcharging possibly. We can get into that here in a bit. I'm currently at work I'll come up with a reply here at some point. 🙂

Edit: Just to clarify I mean someone who wants a genuine bit of discourse as opposed to being hostile during their post.

I here I thought iRacing and DCS were expensive. $140 for one Warframe is to me at least, robbery. Yes I don't have to buy it but maybe I want it. Just to clarify, albeit different games, a DCS aircraft module is $49.99 - & 69.99. And these are fully functioning, all buttons work aircraft with all combat systems modeled. These Warframes are anything but worth that price.

iRacing, has laser scanned tracks and cars and very accurate simulation. $12 for a car and $15 for a track. I am absolutely sure the guys at iRacing are no where near as wealthy as these guys are. And on top of that, doing what they do for one car takes an enormous amount of time more than it takes to make one frame.

Thankfully they do allow us to farm these however they lock them behind artificial time gates and geographic gates (star map). The with the relics you always get Lilith no matter the planet you are on. Not to mention the same 6 all the time. And they are all always exactly the same. The reason, to sell you more Relic Packs. This whole game, while good, is a giant cash vacuum.

The game is pretty good though. No one battle is exactly the same. Game modes and maps are recycled and re-skinned but the battle is amazing! The only reason they charge us so much is because we let it happen and do nothing about it. Then proceed to get attacked by fanboys or fangirls (maybe dev's with ghost accounts) for having a dissenting opinion. It would take more than half of us to stop playing and buying stuff before they even took any action to woo us back.

Like I said I do enjoy the game. I'm just not going to buy anything unless it's really cool armor or a helmet, skin ect. In fact I see no need to even buy any new frames or even build any. Well, maybe my Chroma prime since I am almost done with him. I just need those pesky systems blueprints which I am sure are locked away in a rare relic you can only buy.

10 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Orthos Prime is basically a starter Prime weapon. Much like the lex, Paris, etc.

Many weapons make the starter weapons “obsolete”. It is the whole point of them being started weapons. To get you started. Such as all them dual pistol primes making the AKLex “obsolete”. And even multiple bows and crossbows that aren’t Prime, make the Paris Prime “obsolete”. 

Players aren’t going to advance themselves if they can just stick to one set of weapons and warframe. Not everyone cares about Mastery Rank, but yet they care and complain a lot about certain advantages that come with a higher MR that they don’t get the benefit of. Such as more daily standing for syndicates. Saw a lot of players complain that Baruuk was taking too long to be obtained because they were too low of a MR. Which is completely their fault. There were many weapons and stuff I couldn’t get because I was a low rank, but now I’m the highest rank possible for consoles and no obstacle DE throws at me will stop me from obtaining the new stuff. 

So I’m glad that the Tipedo is going to make the orthos and even possibly the BO Prime “obsolete”. That just means it is a powerful staff melee that I will enjoy using against high level enemies instead of just swords. 

Bold of you stating that Orthos Prime was my starter melee weapon.

My beloved first melee was the one and only... FANG PRIME!!! 

2 hours ago, RoshamboTetra said:

may we see stradavar prime and tipedo prime stats?

Tipedo Prime:

Spoiler

0tEWkSS.jpg

Stradavar Prime:

Spoiler

A0OZveh.jpg

SBu59hf.jpg

That Tipedo Prime attack speed nerf from the base variant... sigh.

Afaik from some light playtesting, there’s no unique passives. Kinda underwhelming.

i just wanna buy the accessory pack using paypal, what's wrong with it here?

Gry8UO3.png

endless loading

YUdL0SI.png?1

i've tried multiple of times, checked my paypal. everything is in order but still gave me same result, error error error smh

EDIT : and yeah, i've ticked the terms and policy every time i did for the transaction. tell me what i did wrong here, please.

38 minutes ago, --Deimos-- said:

i just wanna buy the accessory pack using paypal, what's wrong with it here?

endless loading

i've tried multiple of times, checked my paypal. everything is in order but still gave me same result, error error error smh

EDIT : and yeah, i've ticked the terms and policy every time i did for the transaction. tell me what i did wrong here, please.

I believe something is wrong at this moment. Maybe try after some ours Or next day.

If still Not working , then would say send ticket to DE I'm sure they can help u better.

Archived