Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

I built a ZAW specifically for killing Wolf. All crit, no status, pure DPS/Crit build. Kavat strips armor -> Killed level 237 Wolf in 24 seconds (i did get lucky and started at a high combo multiplier as he spawned though). Also Chroma.

Now melee 3.0 will drop and invalidate my zaw by killing blood rush!

Edited by Skaleek

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i am overly fricking stressed don't argue with me on this dang thing. he is not good in any form of the way.

That's on you. Nobody else. His post addressed the point and wasn't disrespectful. 

I also think that the wolf is fine, and is acting as a reminder that we have multiple weapon slots for a reason, and should prepare for the enemies we're likely to face. 

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

not much time for use sense he only spawns 6% of the time.

This is always funny to me. The 6% figure is bandied about as being too low to make preparations for his possible appearance worthwhile, and the same people regularly complain about him spawning in and disrupting their missions. 

How does that make sense? 

ITT: Solo riven-6-forma players telling grouped average players that the Wolf is fine by posting textwalls and videos of situations vastly, fundamentally different.

I'd like to know the secret how to quickly down a level 70++ Wolf in a group of four players without 4x Corrosive Projection present. I'll allow a single weapon specced to heck and back. No frame abilities allowed. Video appreciated.

Go.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's on you. Nobody else. His post addressed the point and wasn't disrespectful. 

I also think that the wolf is fine, and is acting as a reminder that we have multiple weapon slots for a reason, and should prepare for the enemies we're likely to face. 

This is always funny to me. The 6% figure is bandied about as being too low to make preparations for his possible appearance worthwhile, and the same people regularly complain about him spawning in and disrupting their missions. 

How does that make sense? 

i specifically said. i don't care about the bullet sponge part anymore. i am only focused on the fricking spawn rate of that grumble grumble grumble.  because so far ever since i had those 2 spawns with the drop of the blueprint and motor last week i haven't got him to spawn once! ONCE! and from that one bit of you proving that he only has a fixed percent of spawn 4%%-6%  which i am trying to believe but my crappy luck is driving me insane while i argue with anyone that fricking goes "oh he isn't so bad. blah blah. i met hem often, and i am having fun with it." making me feel like i don't have problems and that it's my horrid luck and what not. i am seriously stressed and i have no way of channeling that stress because i apparently am on the wrong side of the dang arrangement and can't express it because somepeople thinks everything about wolf is fine and what not. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

I feel like something needs to be pointed out for the sake of information parity.

The mission is URANUS/Assur, Survival, level 25-35 Infested (at start).

unknown.png

This is a Level 71 Sentient Wolf spawn on four players, with two of them quitting a minute after the Wolf's appearance at the five minute mark.

1.) There was X damage dealt in the missions, which translated to a grand total of 1300 enemies killed. 1 of which was the Wolf, 3 of which were his retinue.
2.) 1150 enemies killed equated to 37% of the overall damage contribution.
3.) 150 enemies killed equated to 63% of the overall damage dealt.

Additional information:

4.) One player, me, shot the Wolf and his retinue.
5.) The other player, Mukade, used Nidus to Larva & Virulence the Infested that approached level 45-55 by the end of the run.

From that, we can do some basic napkin math: In 15 minutes, the Wolf and his retinue soaked as much damage as roughly 2000 level 25 - 55 Infested before they left the fight.

And that is the crux and core of the issue.

My weapon of choice can down the Wolfie solo in about 30 seconds with ease. Add a second player, and I am looking at roughly two minutes. Add two more, and I am approaching 15 minutes, with the very same weapon. That is an effective healthpool increase of 30x.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I built a ZAW specifically for killing Wolf. All crit, no status, pure DPS/Crit build. Kavat strips armor -> Killed level 237 Wolf in 24 seconds (i did get lucky and started at a high combo multiplier as he spawned though). Also Chroma.

Now melee 3.0 will drop and invalidate my zaw by killing blood rush!

How? I thought his level is capped at level 75.

22 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

ITT: Solo riven-6-forma players telling grouped average players that the Wolf is fine by posting textwalls and videos of situations vastly, fundamentally different.

I'd like to know the secret how to quickly down a level 70++ Wolf in a group of four players without 4x Corrosive Projection present. I'll allow a single weapon specced to heck and back. No frame abilities allowed. Video appreciated.

Go.

Sarpa-shattering imp, kavat cc buff, magus lockdown (CC fugitives) rad crit  prim/secondary, no riv needed.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Mr Spwinkles said:

Sarpa-shattering imp, kavat cc buff, magus lockdown (CC fugitives) rad crit  prim/secondary, no riv needed.

You used too many items. Your entry is invalid.

I should add, the above post was made with a Rad-spec crit-build with primed mods and a Riven Kitgun, including Smeeta Kavat CC buff proccing (it had 15 minutes of time) and hitting my shots. I came prepared, way beyond the means of the average player. It took 15 minutes to kill the Wolf and his retinue on a four player spawn.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Just now, (XB1)Mr Spwinkles said:

I did not, each player holds one key role as a squad of four.

A dedicated Sharpa /w Shattering Impact is out of reach for the average player.
Magus Lockdown is out of reach for the average player.
Kavat CC buffs require a Kavat that can survive the molotov cocktails and the radial attacks of a level 70++ Sentient Wolf. Also out of reach.

That leaves a rad/crit spec primary or secondary - you said "no riven needed", and I refer you back to my post here. Even with a riven'd secondary that's rad/crit spec, he doesn't go down quickly.

My build, in case you want to analyze.
loOAMbp.png

2 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

A dedicated Sharpa /w Shattering Impact is out of reach for the average player.
Magus Lockdown is out of reach for the average player.
Kavat CC buffs require a Kavat that can survive the molotov cocktails and the radial attacks of a level 70++ Sentient Wolf. Also out of reach.

That leaves a rad/crit spec primary or secondary - you said "no riven needed", and I refer you back to my post here. Even with a riven'd secondary that's rad/crit spec, he doesn't go down quickly.

loOAMbp.png

Tbf, you gave a blank scenario, in which to solve. And said, was accomplished. Nothing about the "average" player. Decent build, but too much sc, not enough cc/cd to be considered a wolf specific wep.

if wolf had a more reliable spawn rate then we wouldn't be arguing about this issue, we wouldn't have this thread. we wouldn't be having any problems with wolf. i wouldn't be at these high levels of stress to the point i, i just can't express how frustrated i am over this. 

if wolf had a more reliable spawn rate  and a way to avoid him. then the people who want to face him can have all the fun they can possibly have with him while everyone who wants to avoid him can just do that and avoid him. 

i just can't understand how someone can be fine with the way he is since i am too busy getting furious with each time i wolf doesn't spawn for me.

11 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

You used too many items. Your entry is invalid.

I'll counter;

No sarpa, no riven, just a kavat, a rad crit secondary, and my Rhino on hydron, 4 in a squad. 

I've done the most damage in all but two encounters, once was a Valkyr in the lead, and the other was a Chroma. 

Also

2 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

That's probably your problem. 

My catchmoon is belting out 12k radiation, with 100% chance of crits and 4.6x critical damage multiplier, before my Rhino roars for just under a minute of more than 75% damage buff. I typically see damage numbers of up to 100k floating up when targeting the waves of Grineer before wolf shows up. 

No riven. 

You've taken something that's doing paltry amounts of radiation damage and convinced yourself that it should be considered "good". Sadly the wolf is a bit harder to convince. 

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Mr Spwinkles said:

I did not, each player holds one key role as a squad of four.

Not disagreeing that this is effective but if I can get the sarpa + cat buff + high crit radation combo divided among 4 players I might as well go eidolon hunting. 

Too specific for a random squad. It's also not necessary. Ditch the sarpa for any strong crit melee and the cat scratch will be more than enough, just a bit tedious. I tend to not want to depend on pugs.

Problem is, what is Wolfie? Random rare spawn. Bad loot. Bullet Sponge without any gimmicks. He's not difficult but badly designed as a field boss. Hopefully DE will take more inspiration from the Nox (which I think is an example of a GOOD field boss) for the next one.

Edited by RushBCyka

1 minute ago, (XB1)Mr Spwinkles said:

Tbf, you gave a blank scenario, in which to solve. And said, was accomplished. Nothing about the "average" player. Decent build, but too much sc, not enough cc/cd to be considered a wolf specific wep.

You neither solved the scenario, you ignored the "average player" statement made in the post - because if you scroll back up, it's 100% there - and that's peak performance you can get out of a Kitgun, with primed mods, with a Riven, sacrificing every bit of SC for more damage, CC, CD. Add Arcane Avenger R3 for +30CC, pushing the thing into orange crit territory. You also failed to acknowledge the 30x health pool statement made afterwards.

Just now, Ced23Ric said:

You neither solved the scenario, you ignored the "average player" statement made in the post - because if you scroll back up, it's 100% there - and that's peak performance you can get out of a Kitgun, with primed mods, with a Riven, sacrificing every bit of SC for more damage, CC, CD. Add Arcane Avenger R3 for +30CC, pushing the thing into orange crit territory. You also failed to acknowledge the 30x health pool statement made afterwards.

The problem is that everyones' image of an average player is different. You see them as very weak and lacking agency to better themselves. I see people who are always able to improve, but many may not realise that they can, either due to their own hubris or believing the nonsense that others have said. 

Weaker players who use what they have to do the most will always do better than those who decide that they are already as good as they are able to get. Between us, looking over your numbers again, you would probably be significantly better off using even a reasonably built arca plasmor but you would have figured that out on your own if you had just stopped to think about it. 

11 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

I just can't understand how someone can be fine with the way he is since i am too busy getting furious with each time i wolf doesn't spawn for me.

Probably because I have until the middle of next month to get the remaining parts? And because I am not busy being furious about anything? 

You should try that. 

16 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Alright, I was falsey under the assumption that because they were seperate paragraphs, that it was two seperate scenarios. On the other hand, the average player is perfectly capable of making any of those weapons. With lockdown in mind, you could swap it with the penta and tether grenades, if infact that it works.

Edited by (XB1)Mr Spwinkles

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You've taken something that's doing paltry amounts of radiation damage and convinced yourself that it should be considered "good". Sadly the wolf is a bit harder to convince. 

After doing some math, and checking a couple builds, I am walking away with the realization that the Rattleguts has about 60% of the sustained damage output of a comparable Catchmoon. In other words, my 15 minutes would be reduced to about 9 minutes. Let's agree that my gun is S#&$ty - I got no qualms about that. It serves a different role rather well, but obviously isn't the way to go here. Let's say I build myself that Catchmoon, Forma it, and maybe even Riv' it for enough of a boost to get to a factor of 2x over the Rattleguts.

Does a 7.5 minute uninterrupted stream of shots sound like a fight to you that is in any way, shape or form enjoyable? It's not a skill check. The fight isn't tough or tense, it's tedious. You can sit on a crate and be virtually invincible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RushBCyka said:

Not disagreeing that this is effective but the sarpa + cat buff + high crit radation combo is almost an eidolon hunting team.  Too specific for a random squad.

Uh... You don't need Sarpa if you take the cat. And while I favour high rad status on my arca plasmor, it wasn't too hard to swap for the catchmoon's crit instead. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... You don't need Sarpa if you take the cat. And while I favour high rad status on my arca plasmor, it wasn't too hard to swap for the catchmoon's crit instead. 

I know. Was a bit distracted when I first typed it out but my point really was that setup was unnecessarily specific and assembling a team of 4 just to hunt for wolfie is both overkill and a waste of time.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Probably because I have until the middle of next month to get the remaining parts? And because I am not busy being furious about anything? 

You should try that. 

not furious at everything just furious or irritated at one tiny detail that i feel gets brushed off when i state the issue which then gets me furious over the subject which then gets me into the irrational fits of anger and frustration when i try to make my issue more known to the point people don't brush it off. 

i would be oh holly golly if i felt someone understand my issue or at least put my issue into consideration and not act like my issue is no problem at all. going on with their explanation on how they think the thing i have a problem with is all fine and dany and act like there is no problem to be seen. causing me to get annoyed and find more and more ways to try to prove my point which i feel people just ignore it.

Edited by maddragonmaster