Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

My farts can kill him faster....

We are speaking about people with low level equipment and low ML.

I'm MR 24 and have my equipment kitted out.

Justifying bad design by citing fringe or niche cases is still justifying bad design.

And as mentioned, this is in a squad of 4, from relics. No duh he dies fast when you're alone, because multiplayer invader scaling doesn't come into play.

Edited by ZedrinBot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZedrinBot said:

I'm MR 24 and have my equipment kitted out.

Justifying bad design by citing fringe or niche cases is still justifying bad design.

Do you bring your worst equipment when you play missions? BTW yes he's boring as hell, the stalker is much more dangerous and fun to fight.

Edited by bibmobello

I believe some are missing the point, you can certainly kill him especially with frames designed to kill him, or with weapons for him, sadly he doesn't always spawn so bringing certain frames to certain missions is more tied to a fun factor, because you will be overplayed by other players with other abilities.

Sure i can combo with a melee, but i prefer zenistar, it's a trade off.

Sure chroma can kill him faster, but i prefer AOE warframes like equinox, again a trade off.

For me he is fine, aslong all players contribute, that is something that doesn't always happen, you have newbies, players leveling gear and players that do other types of damage, so a lvl 70 will be to hard to beat unless you came prepared from the start.

Sure a valkyr can kill it, but how about finishing the exterminate in 2 minutes instead of 10, while at the same time looting crates, you're going to bring a valkyr for that?

My sugestion overall for players is to make an archwing weapon designed to kill him (like imperator vandal with radiation), so you always have a weapon for him while leaving room for your warframe and weapons to be diversed, still, at 70 unless you have a niche solution, you're screwed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Do you bring your worst equipment when you play missions?

As I said I always bring at least one quality weapon.

c38bb8b878.png

I've encountered the wolf like 6 or 7 times. 3 times have been in a party on some void mission, and have taken 10-20 minutes. A few times have been in other locations where he exploded fairly quickly, due to either being solo, or simply being lower level.

There is zero reason for him to scale with as much health as he does as he gains levels.

With Equinox Prime leveled and finished I'm leaning back to using Chroma Prime just in case he appears again, but acting like singular fringe combos must ALWAYS be brought and active for any mission you do just in case wolf shows up is stupid. As Kireek pointed out, it's demanding players always use specific builds that aren't always relevant to their current mission. In what dimension is that a well designed element for a video game?

And at the end of the day, a weapon or setup designed and able to handle a level 100 sortie target should be able to kill a level 70 invader reasonably. I don't understand why this would be a controversial point for people.

If you want him to be hard, make him hard, but a bullet sponge is time-consuming, not difficult.

Edited by ZedrinBot
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I believe some are missing the point, you can certainly kill him especially with frames designed to kill him, or with weapons for him, sadly he doesn't always spawn so bringing certain frames to certain missions is more tied to a fun factor, because you will be overplayed by other players with other abilities.

Sure i can combo with a melee, but i prefer zenistar, it's a trade off.

Sure chroma can kill him faster, but i prefer AOE warframes like equinox, again a trade off.

For me he is fine, aslong all players contribute, that is something that doesn't always happen, you have newbies, players leveling gear and players that do other types of damage, so a lvl 70 will be to hard to beat unless you came prepared from the start.

Sure a valkyr can kill it, but how about finishing the exterminate in 2 minutes instead of 10, while at the same time looting crates, you're going to bring a valkyr for that?

My sugestion overall for players is to make an archwing weapon designed to kill him (like imperator vandal with radiation), so you always have a weapon for him while leaving room for your warframe and weapons to be diversed, still, at 70 unless you have a niche solution, you're screwed.

WE have rivens for archwing weapons now...

Edited by bibmobello

Another Wolf thread full of git gud messages and insinuations while we all know Wolf is a horribly designed character.

Hell, I might as well jump on meme train as well. Wtf you don't always carry crit radiation melee on you at all times?! I always carry most OP crit radiation weapon cause that's obviously the only thing I enjoy using and I shred him in half of a second. Git gud.

• Like 1

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. Really my only problem now is the invulnverable fugitives and their ridiculous damage. I dont mind the wolf taking so much damage personally, but the fugitives are just there to be his unfair backup dancers. I am currently grinding the stuff for a Rubico prime, simply so I dont have to spend so much time getting one shot on my Equinox just because of some Bs fire those morons leave littering the battlefield.

5 minutes ago, ZedrinBot said:

As I said I always bring at least one quality weapon.

c38bb8b878.png

I've encountered the wolf like 6 or 7 times. 3 times have been in a party on some void mission, and have taken 10-20 minutes. A few times have been in other locations where he exploded fairly quickly, due to either being solo, or simply being lower level.

There is zero reason for him to scale with as much health as he does as he gains levels.

With Equinox Prime leveled and finished I'm leaning back to using Chroma Prime just in case he appears again, but acting like singular fringe combos must ALWAYS be brought and active for any mission you do just in case wolf shows up is stupid. As Kireek pointed out, it's demanding players always use specific builds that aren't always relevant to their current mission.

And at the end of the day, a weapon or setup designed and able to handle a level 100 sortie target should be able to kill a level 70 invader. I don't understand why this would be a controversial point for people.

This is not an heavy weapon, yes it deals radiations but the damage even with crits it's too low. There are more weapons dealing 10 times radiation damage per seconds. This means you will need 2 minutes instead of 20, just mod an archwing weapon, everyone can get a decent riven for that.

Edited by bibmobello

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

This is not an heavy weapon, yes it deals radiations but the damage even with crits it's too low. There are more weapons dealing 10 times radiation damage per seconds. This means you will need 2 minutes instead of 20.

Wow another example of broken balance.

He spawned a few times while I was doing Xini. While he's not so bad solo(the cocktails are total BS at higher levels, though), his HP and scaling gets bonkers with more players. The one time a random Chroma joined my party, it took us 9 minutes and some change to get him below 50%.

Solo it's not SO bad. However, in a party where not everyone is equal, it can be trying.

Oh, btw, the Chroma eventually just gave up and he despawned entirely. Quality "content".

Edit: I should say I was leveling gear but the stuff I have absolutely destroyed the enemies on Xini regardless. The Catchmoon was dealing solid damage but it wasn't anything he was too bothered to endure.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

27 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

This is not an heavy weapon, yes it deals radiations but the damage even with crits it's too low. There are more weapons dealing 10 times radiation damage per seconds. This means you will need 2 minutes instead of 20, just mod an archwing weapon, everyone can get a decent riven for that.

This rattleguts can kill level 150 corrupted bombards in about 2 seconds with corrosive, about 1.5 with radiation.

I'll switch it over to radiation while nightwave is active, but given how damage works, that's not going to be much faster. The wolf has absurd amounts of health that does not make sense for his scaling or level.

I do not know how else I can get this across to you. This isn't an equipment problem, it's a poorly designed mob because DE doesn't know how to balance for the wild fluctuations in damage that this game revolves around.

Stop pretending like this is okay and justifying poor design choices, otherwise we'll keep getting them.

Edited by ZedrinBot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

He spawned a few times while I was doing Xini. While he's not so bad solo(the cocktails are total BS at higher levels, though), his HP and scaling gets bonkers with more players. The one time a random Chroma joined my party, it took us 9 minutes and some change to get him below 50%.

Solo it's not SO bad. However, in a party where not everyone is equal, it can be trying.

Oh, btw, the Chroma eventually just gave up and he despawned entirely. Quality "content".

It depends if you have a kavat or not, removing  one level of alloy armor can make the difference...

Edited by bibmobello

27 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Heavy weapon is not going to help if he does not strip its crazy high armor first. Anyway, bs boss is bs boss. Delete it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZedrinBot said:

This rattleguts can kill level 150 corrupted bombards in about 2 seconds with corrosive, about 1.5 with radiation.

I'll switch it over to radiation while nightwave is active, but given how damage works, that's not going to be much faster. The wolf has absurd amounts of health that does not make sense for his scaling or level.

I do not know how else I can get this across to you. This isn't an equipment problem, it's a poorly designed mob because DE doesn't know how to balance for the wild fluctuations in damage that this game revolves around.

Stop pretending like this is okay and justifying poor design choices, otherwise we'll keep getting them.

Can kill the bombards mostly for the slash status but the wolf is totally immune to that and he has practically 2 levels of alloy armor.

Edited by bibmobello

27 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Another Wolf thread full of git gud messages and insinuations while we all know Wolf is a horribly designed character.

Hell, I might as well jump on meme train as well. Wtf you don't always carry crit radiation melee on you at all times?! I always carry most OP crit radiation weapon cause that's obviously the only thing I enjoy using and I shred him in half of a second. Git gud.

Reducing his health/armour wouldn't make him a well designed enemy though, so if they don't give him more mechanics then as the 'big bad' of the season he needs to pose some threat.  That threat is currently based on your knowledge of armour stripping.

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Can kill the bombards mostly for the slash status but the wolf is totally immune to that.

He's also immune to the alloy armor removal from a kavat you walnut. (Or it won't make a significant difference. I've always run a kavat and never noticed anything.)

Edited by ZedrinBot

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Reducing his health/armour wouldn't make him a well designed enemy though, so if they don't give him more mechanics then as the 'big bad' of the season he needs to pose some threat.  That threat is currently based on your knowledge of armour stripping.

Yes the main problem it's not how long you need to beat him,  he's boring with few patterns.

2 minutes ago, ZedrinBot said:

He's also immune to the alloy armor removal from a kavat you walnut.

I killed him 3 times in a row yesterday and my stupid kat removed his first level armor, i am pretty sure because his health bar becomes red.

You walnut...

Edited by bibmobello

Just now, Jiminez_Burial said:

His removal or neutering is a better solution than letting him remain in current state since he guts the enjoyment of the game for lots of people.

You know how freaking bored I am of using same weapons over and over again just in case wolf spawns? I hate the game for punishing me for enjoying the game and trying out different things. Hell he might as well be turned into a lvl 3 Grineer Lancer for all I care atm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I killed him 3 times in a row yesterday and my stupid kat removed his first level armor, i am pretty sure because his health bar becomes red.

You walnut...

I always run Kavat with maul and have never noticed any change to armor during fights.

If that or corrosive projection is the only way to remove some of his armor that still is a poorly designed fight because there's no reason for that much armor scaling.

Armor's already a hot button issue as far as damage goes because of how obnoxiously balanced it is.

Again, I do not know how to get this across to you, but restricting players to super limited options just in case a bullet sponge boss spawns is stupid.

Edited by ZedrinBot

TBH you can strip his armor, CP(+CD) and/or shattering impact and/or sharpened claws can and will strip armor. I have a paracesis with shattering on now at all times and a kavat with sharpened claws. Usually does the trick, but I have to admit it is more annoying than hard to fight him for the bloody mods. 

Edited by thewhalechan

4 minutes ago, thewhalechan said:

TBH you can strip his armor, CP(+CD) and/or shattering impact and/or sharpened claws can and will strip armor. I have a paracesis with shattering with now at all times and a kavat with sharpened claws. Usually does the trick, but I have to admit it is more annoying than hard to fight him for the bloody mods. 

Honestly, while leveling melee weapons, I might just slap shattering impact on em just so there's something more.

To be honest I kinda find it fun that they appear cause it adds some chaos into the mix... trying to avoid the molotov and spam your guns at him at the same time...

Im kinda loving it though, don't care about his drops.