Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... You don't need Sarpa if you take the cat. And while I favour high rad status on my arca plasmor, it wasn't too hard to swap for the catchmoon's crit instead. 

Second this. 

Had two Wolf encounters this weekend at boths ends of the space canid spectrum. 

One was solo and was all of lvl26. He made the (very fatal) error of jumping ValkyrP and died in less than 10 seconds. Pretty typical of solo encounters. 

The other showed up in a Xini relic farming session and weighed in at lvl70. I'm not exactly sure who was playing what, but my own loadout was a double-cat Khora and the second cat was an Adzara kavat. He died in about 5 to 6 minutes. Weapons were a rad/viral/crit BratonP and a rad/crit Catchmoon--the Catchmoon did most of the heavy lifting. The cat kept him (mostly) armor-less and things went quite well. 

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I actually did try the kavat (both my kavats have like 8 or 9 forma on so it's 'fully kitted' including sharpened claws) approach early on and in my experience the AI was just so useless it never seemed to attack the wolf... I will admit I didn't try the hunter command mod though, but not sure how well that would work anyway seeing as slash status doesn't work with the wolf.

Yeah those little bastards tend to wonk out at times and just be stubborn no good furballs.

6 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

After doing some math, and checking a couple builds, I am walking away with the realization that the Rattleguts has about 60% of the sustained damage output of a comparable Catchmoon. In other words, my 15 minutes would be reduced to about 9 minutes. Let's agree that my gun is S#&$ty - I got no qualms about that. It serves a different role rather well, but obviously isn't the way to go here. Let's say I build myself that Catchmoon, Forma it, and maybe even Riv' it for enough of a boost to get to a factor of 2x over the Rattleguts.

Does a 7.5 minute uninterrupted stream of shots sound like a fight to you that is in any way, shape or form enjoyable? It's not a skill check. The fight isn't tough or tense, it's tedious. You can sit on a crate and be virtually invincible.

I'm not sure that your math is anywhere near correct as it doesn't take me anywhere near 7 minutes to take the wolf down even if I'm the only one doing the majority of the damage. 

Like I said I'm starting at about 12k rad damage, before the 100% chance to crit, attempt to 4.6x damage. And then I roar. No riven. 

As I said, I often see numbers of up to 100k coming off of regular enemies in Hydron. What are the top numbers you're seeing? 

15 minutes ago, RushBCyka said:

I know. Was a bit distracted when I first typed it out but my point really was that setup was unnecessarily specific and assembling a team of 4 just to hunt for wolfie is both overkill and a waste of time.

Agreed. Only one person needs the cat to strip his armour if you are building a team. 😜

Other than, just taking a single high crit radiation damage weapon, while the other slots are used for levelling gear, has worked well for me thus far. I've made a nice dent in my "built but not mastered" collection. 

18 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

not furious at everything just irritated at one tiny detail that i feel gets brushed off when i state the issue which then gets me furious over the subject which then gets me into the irrational fits of anger and frustration when i try to make my issue more known to the point people don't brush it off. 

i would be oh holly golly if i felt someone understand my issue or at least put my issue into consideration and not act like my issue is no problem at all. going on with their explanation on how they think the thing i have a problem with is all fine and dany and act like there is no problem to be seen. causing me to get annoyed and find more and more ways to try to prove my point which i feel people just ignore it.

Dude, we can't do anything to increase the spawn rate for you. I personally sympathise, because I still need the motor and BP. But we have more than 2 weeks left to get them. And if I don't get them, meh, they'll be coming around again at some point. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

When one player pulls off over 50% of the damage without spamming aoe nuking abilities, you begin to wonder how much meaningful damage the other members of the squad are doing. When the wolf shows up and that turns into 80% or more, and the other frames aren't support frames..... You can stop wondering

That's oddly specific of a situation.

I've had rounds where I dealt less than 20% of the overall damage in a Sortie mission strictly because I was using every ounce of my energy for Radial Blinds since we had no additional CC. Contribution in almost every situation other than the Wolf is about effort more than numbers, nevermind that Warframe suffers from an aspect of one person being able to trivialize or obliterate the entire game in seconds.

If you want to just use damage dealt as a means of calling other people lazy, go right ahead. Because by that logic nobody who isn't running an AoE nuke kit or a single shot nuke weapon is contributing anything because everything else is dying before they can even get damage in to check.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude, we can't do anything to increase the spawn rate for you. I personally sympathise, because I still need the motor and BP. But we have more than 2 weeks left to get them. And if I don't get them, meh, they'll be coming around again at some point. 

ok fine. was having a fowl mood because i felt soriddreams  was all for the making these guys rare stating they they should build tension when of coarse i can't handle tension and doing something for an unknown amount of time not knowing when i can get the hammer.  i mean i am told to be prepared but then i am told to farm this or that by not farming it. i mean how do you farm something by not farming it when thats the only thing thats on your objective? which one is it because i can't do both without stressing me out.

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

My weapon of choice can down the Wolfie solo in about 30 seconds with ease. Add a second player, and I am looking at roughly two minutes. Add two more, and I am approaching 15 minutes, with the very same weapon. That is an effective healthpool increase of 30x.

The issue nobody wants to admit is an issue ladies and gentlemen.

That scaling is almost like a damn PARODY of how crazy eHP scaling is in Warframe.

Add in the people who just refuse to believe that most players won't have access to Prime or Riven mods (and refuse to realize how much of a difference those make)  and you have a gap in the community that makes the Grand Canyon look like a pothole.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's oddly specific of a situation.

I've had rounds where I dealt less than 20% of the overall damage in a Sortie mission strictly because I was using every ounce of my energy for Radial Blinds since we had no additional CC. Contribution in almost every situation other than the Wolf is about effort more than numbers, nevermind that Warframe suffers from an aspect of one person being able to trivialize or obliterate the entire game in seconds.

If you want to just use damage dealt as a means of calling other people lazy, go right ahead. Because by that logic nobody who isn't running an AoE nuke kit or a single shot nuke weapon is contributing anything because everything else is dying before they can even get damage in to check.

Is it oddly specific? Because it represents the vast majority of the runs I've done where the wolf spawned. And honestly if you haven't seen the million and one threads about leechers not contributing to the mission long before the wolf showed up, you are probably in for a rude awakening. 

Last night I made note of 2 people, both well above me in MR straight up leeching in hydron. Neither carried a fully levelled frame, or weapon. Their damage numbers and kills reflected this. Two of us were kitted out in a way that suggested that we could have made any meaningful impact on the wolf, and unsurprisingly we both did most of the damage. Only one of the two people who were leeching would have been able to offer a buff to the rest of the squad based on the choice of frames as I recall. 

And remember that most of those AoE nuke frames will actually suffer when the wolf shows up if that's their only way to deal damage. 

So, sorry but taking a single good weapon to help contribute in a meaningful way, isn't too much of a requirement, even in a node used for levelling up. 

19 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

ok fine. was having a fowl mood because i felt soriddreams  was all for the making these guys rare stating they they should build tension when of coarse i can't handle tension and doing something for an unknown amount of time not knowing when i can get the hammer.  i mean i am told to be prepared but then i am told to farm this or that by not farming it. i mean how do you farm something by not farming it when thats the only thing thats on your objective? which one is it because i can't do both without stressing me out.

By multi-tasking. I'm working on focus farming, and mastery. So I have gear that has lenses, as well as something to rank up. So I benefit whether or not he shows up. 

If I wanted to do something else, I would probably do fissures. 

Do anything where he can spawn that benefits you if he doesn't. 

On 2019-04-17 at 5:23 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

24 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

I bolded the most important line in that post since the spawn rates don't even feel like they've changed. People think they need to rush, they don't.

12 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The issue nobody wants to admit is an issue ladies and gentlemen.

That scaling is almost like a damn PARODY of how crazy eHP scaling is in Warframe.

Add in the people who just refuse to believe that most players won't have access to Prime or Riven mods (and refuse to realize how much of a difference those make)  and you have a gap in the community that makes the Grand Canyon look like a pothole.

You were supposed to put a /s. 

Because you refuse to admit that 4 people, each doing half as much damage as a single well prepared player will outclass that player every single time. And it's entirely possible to approach the numbers I get, without the primed mods I use. (Base radiation damage actually goes up significantly, but crits suffer.) 

So again, you need to come up with better excuses for why so few people are contributing in any meaningful way to the fight. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

By multi-tasking. I'm working on focus farming, and mastery. So I have gear that has lenses, as well as something to rank up. So I benefit whether or not he shows up. 

If I wanted to do something else, I would probably do fissures. 

Do anything where he can spawn that benefits you if he doesn't. 

i already do the lens part. burnt out on fissure farming.  anything else i am kind of want it focus on is on either plans or in eso. which is also a kindle for my frustration since i can't exactly do wolf and do bounties for eidolon lens' to do some resorting in the lens department. so i am effectively thin on stuff to do with the wild goose chase with wolf.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You were supposed to put a /s. 

Don't you tell me what I'm supposed to do, or what I'm supposed to believe or feel. You are not the ultimate resource on what is right and wrong in Warframe.

So take your BS to another farm because I'm not buying any manure from you.

Just now, Aldain said:

Don't you tell me what I'm supposed to do, or what I'm supposed to believe or feel. You are not the ultimate resource on what is right and wrong in Warframe.

So take your BS to another farm because I'm not buying any manure from you.

And that holier than thou, I'll spread my disinformation across the forums, in the hopes of getting others to follow my lead and then attack people if they can make points I can't counter, attitude? 

That’s what's makes rifts in the community, not people pointing out that tough enemies are tough and if you can do more damage, you take them out faster. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And that holier than thou, I'll spread my disinformation across the forums, in the hopes of getting others to follow my lead and then attack people if they can make points I can't counter, attitude? 

Such a hypocrite, you're claiming that I'm the holier than thou one when you're just going around like a broken record telling people they are wrong like you're doing some great service to people.

Don't bother responding by the way, I won't be seeing it, because you clearly just want to be right rather than to help.

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Such a hypocrite, you're claiming that I'm the holier than thou one when you're just going around like a broken record telling people they are wrong like you're doing some great service to people.

Don't bother responding by the way, I won't be seeing it, because you clearly just want to be right rather than to help.

Do you, Tenno. It may not work out well for you, but at least you will always be better at it than anyone else. 😉

Anyone else notice the Wolf is popping in a lot less often now? For a few weeks there I'd see him at least once every other day or so. Haven't seen him in about 3 now. Did he get his feelings hurt or something?

Edited by Edvon-D-Warguy
I can't type.
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-29 at 12:58 AM, Acersecomic said:

Here's a simple way to say it. It takes you 7-14 days to get anything.

But you get a lot more. The credit you earn is saved. In the old system, the alert was gone if you missed it. If they would put the Nightwave content into the old alert system, that would be too much stuff going on at once. This gives more and therefore asks more (kinda like getting a raise with increased responsibilities in real life).

And not only that, we get lore stories and possible characters for the future from those stories as well, which I have liked.

8 minutes ago, Edvon-D-Warguy said:

Anyone else notice the Wolf is popping in a lot less often now? For a few weeks there I'd see him at least once every other day or so. Haven't seen him in about 3 now. Did he get his feelings hurt or something?

Confirmation bias. Had him spawn three missions in a row yesterday. It's all RNG, Tenno.

1 minute ago, Ced23Ric said:

Confirmation bias. Had him spawn three missions in a row yesterday. It's all RNG, Tenno.

Well that's why I asked if anyone else has noticed. So I could pull other perspectives.

At any rate, thanks. I'll keep ear out for is philosophical ponderings when next he enters one of my missions.

5 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

i specifically said. i don't care about the bullet sponge part anymore. i am only focused on the fricking spawn rate of that grumble grumble grumble.  because so far ever since i had those 2 spawns with the drop of the blueprint and motor last week i haven't got him to spawn once! ONCE! and from that one bit of you proving that he only has a fixed percent of spawn 4%%-6%  which i am trying to believe but my crappy luck is driving me insane while i argue with anyone that fricking goes "oh he isn't so bad. blah blah. i met hem often, and i am having fun with it." making me feel like i don't have problems and that it's my horrid luck and what not. i am seriously stressed and i have no way of channeling that stress because i apparently am on the wrong side of the dang arrangement and can't express it because somepeople thinks everything about wolf is fine and what not. 

Just give it up man, these elites and that wannabe elite drongo are in the minority with their flawed argument. At this point i just ignore them because they can't be argued with and they've a very weird idea of "fun" that involves only bringing meta loadouts and being the big D swingers of the squad and then boast their huge numbers, how easy the game is(which is funny because they keep saying that the wolf is "easy" but at the same time "challenging" so yeah it really takes away their whole point) and adding salt to people's wounds who really don't find this whole thing any fun. They're just doing it on purpose man, ignore them and they'll go away eventually.

38 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Just give it up man, these elites and that wannabe elite drongo are in the minority with their flawed argument. At this point i just ignore them because they can't be argued with and they've a very weird idea of "fun" that involves only bringing meta loadouts and being the big D swingers of the squad and then boast their huge numbers, how easy the game is(which is funny because they keep saying that the wolf is "easy" but at the same time "challenging" so yeah it really takes away their whole point) and adding salt to people's wounds who really don't find this whole thing any fun. They're just doing it on purpose man, ignore them and they'll go away eventually.

Dude. I don't deny there are toxic people but generally the conversations go like this:

"How to kill the wolf quickly?" Bring radiation because he double dips on the weaknesses of alloy armor. 

"I don't believe you, prove it!" Shows evidence on killing the wolf either via video or calculations.

"I don't want to gut my loadout, and I don't like that weapon!"  Look, I get your frustrations and I can't do anything about the tankiness and low spawn rate. But here are some other options that you can try, maybe those would...

"Stupid meta players! Stop being so toxic and elitist!" I give up. And I'm not even one of those super meta players you speak of.

A lot us are actually trying to help. And no one really disagrees that the wolf isn't well-designed but for now, just try to work radiation and the scratch kitties into your loadout.  At least he will be less spongy that way.

Edited by RushBCyka

8 minutes ago, RushBCyka said:

Dude. I don't deny there are toxic people but generally the conversations go like this:

"How to kill the wolf quickly?" Bring radiation because he double dips on the weaknesses of alloy armor. 

"I don't believe you, prove it!" Shows evidence on killing the wolf either via video or calculations.

"I don't want to gut my loadout, and I don't like that weapon!"  Look, I get your frustrations and I can't do anything about the tankiness and low spawn rate. But here are some other options that you can try, maybe those would...

"Stupid meta players! Stop being so toxic and elitist!" I give up.

A lot us are actually trying to help. And no one really disagrees that the wolf isn't well-designed but for now, just try to work radiation and crit kitties in your loadout.

Nope. It's most of the time like this IMO:

"Hello, I already know how to quickly defeat Wolf quickly. I think he's badly design character and needs to be reworked/nerfed"

"What? Just equip radiation crit weapon he's easy! don't need to nerf him just git gud it takes my setup only a couple seconds"

"I already told you I know how to fight him effectively. I am talking about how he's badly designed and removes the fun out the game by forcing you to run specific setups for every mission out there"

"NOPE DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU JUST EQUIP YOUR RADIATION CRIT KITGUN/ZAW/PARACESIS LIKE ME AND BE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE IS A SCRUB THIS PROVES MY SUPERIORITY"

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Nope. It's most of the time like this IMO:

"Hello, I already know how to quickly defeat Wolf quickly. I think he's badly design character and needs to be reworked/nerfed"

"What? Just equip radiation crit weapon he's easy! don't need to nerf him just git gud it takes my setup only a couple seconds"

"I already told you I know how to fight him effectively. I am talking about how he's badly designed and removes the fun out the game by forcing you to run specific setups for every mission out there"

"NOPE DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU JUST EQUIP YOUR RADIATION CRIT KITGUN/ZAW/PARACESIS LIKE ME AND BE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE IS A SCRUB THIS PROVES MY SUPERIORITY"

Interesting how perceptions vary, crazy people on both sides then.

Anyway I don't think he's a well designed boss.  I'll still try to give advice though.

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

*snipped quoted post numero 1*

I also think that the wolf is fine, and is acting as a reminder that we have multiple weapon slots for a reason, and should prepare for the enemies we're likely to face. 

This. Thank you sincerely.

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

*snipped quoted post numero 2*

This is always funny to me. The 6% figure is bandied about as being too low to make preparations for his possible appearance worthwhile, and the same people regularly complain about him spawning in and disrupting their missions. 

How does that make sense? 

This, again. Thanks, again. 

I've been reading and analyzing quite a few posts/threads about the Wolf, and there is a good portion of them with this vibe. Faith in community restoring.

1 hour ago, Mrevasivepants said:

please no more goading i just managed to finally curb in my stress from this whole bit and game. i rather not be stressed out about wolf. the only thing i am stressed out about wolf is the spawn rate is being inconsistent because if it was consistent and easy to predict then we wouldn't be arguing this whole thread would cease to be since we know when to prepare and how to prepare.

1 hour ago, RushBCyka said:

Interesting how perceptions vary, crazy people on both sides then.

Anyway I don't think he's a well designed boss.  I'll still try to give advice though.

Except for the fact that only one side of the aisle keeps insisting that an all meta loadout needs to be used, and refusing to accept that we keep showing lots of alternative options that can be used. 

And that's before we mention the repeated incidents I've seen of people who try to flex their "really good" builds, which turn out to be very status heavy, do very little radiation, and significant amounts of slash relative to the radiation damage. Which has once again, always been from one side. 

I like that his design is meant to encourage groups to all pitch in, but I know that not everyone is going to be able to pull their weight. I'm okay with that, but I've seen a lot of high ranking players who go in unprepared and I think that it is tied to the fact that we are usually powerful enough to trivialize all other enemies without having to adapt so people have convinced themselves that the power fantasy is real. And those tend to be the ones screeching that they "already know how to build weapons to take him out, thank you very much, but a 20 minute fight is still just too long". 

1 hour ago, maddragonmaster said:

please no more goading i just managed to finally curb in my stress from this whole bit and game. i rather not be stressed out about wolf. the only thing i am stressed out about wolf is the spawn rate is being inconsistent because if it was consistent and easy to predict then we wouldn't be arguing this whole thread would cease to be since we know when to prepare and how to prepare.

Oh but that's the beauty of it. Just be prepared all of the time. One good weapon for him at all times. Then if he shows up, you can beat him quickly. If it turns out that there are 2 of you that can hurt him he goes down really fast. If all 4 could contribute, he would just disintegrate in front of your eyes. 

You can manage that. And we have at least 2 weeks to go. And even if don't get it done right away, they promised that he'll be back. 

But good luck, Tenno. 👍☺️