Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

I am rapidly losing the ability to give a crap about Rivens.

The intended design of rivens was flawed from the start, and will never actually accomplish anything but frustration and disenchantment with the game. Even if you do manage to figure out what the objective value of various weapons is, which you've already proven is unlikely (you keep hitting the Plasmor when it's literally the Ember of guns and the Opticor isn't even on the list despite having bonkers damage and some of the most expensive rivens- which is only going to get worse with these changes), you're still going to just end up pleasing absolutely no one and making everyone unhappy with your direction.

The vast majority of guns that are going to have a good disposition in the end are going to be guns that are too flawed or weak to actually benefit meaningfully from the riven, and the mid tier weapons that have scaling problems (Slow firing "status" weapons that really want crit instead, non status shotguns, most good rifles, weird weapons like the Astilla that are almost there but want a little of something extra, etc) that could be boosted into high tier by a riven, you're continuously hitting.

This is effectively rendering the entire riven system irrelevant to the game. A bad initial premise leads to a bad outcome. ...But come to think of it, maybe that's exactly what you want, but you know you can't just remove Rivens from the game because of how much plat is tied up in them. So the solution is just to slowly make any weapon you'd actually want one for have horrid disposition.

I'm not even going to go into melee Rivens, how few stats and stat combinations are actually desirable on any melee weapon, and the absolutely awful RNG problems they have as a result. I really should stop trying to reroll that Zenistar riven like an idiot, there is just no point to even bother. And sadly, I think I'm going to eventually find myself saying that about the entire riven system.

Oh, and one more thing... Nerfing Panthera rivens, wtf DE. This weapon is so mediocre I forget it even exists. And it's a shame because I wanna run around with it while yelling "NO AMOUNT OF FLEX TAPE IS GOING TO FIX THAT GRINEER!"

It's surprising a Sniper actually got a buff!

Snipteron really must've been junk!

I mean snipers were significantly overbuffed with PoE stat-wise (how combo works now)

They were given very important places in the meta:

Open worlds which really favour high range hitscans.

Big tanky bosses like Eidolons.

Nuuu vulkar nerffed 😞

YAY GORGON BUFFED :DDDDDDDDDDD

AAAAAAAA rattle guts nerffed 😕

Oh well ill survive thees 0.05 changes 

Addition. Went thru a clans discord update informing bot and logged In thru dat. "I am scared you magots"

Quote buy soldier from tf2

These are extremely good and well-deserved changes; from a design standpoint, I agree with just about every change made on this list (although I still have conceptual issues with rivens being used as a balancing mechanic period, but that's a much bigger kettle of fish.)

On the other hand: goddamn you guys basically nerfed every single gun  I actually use on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Paukuttaja said:

People complaining about the meta guns getting nerfed by a very small margin, isn't it time to try something new then if your fav gun is now totally ruined?
Great update as always!

So we need to make do with some garbage pisshooter instead? No thank you.

Minimum disposition should be 0.8.  Below that and even godly rolls barely compete with normal mods for even raw slot efficiency, never mind the huge capacity cost.  It's not even about balancing weapons at that point, it just makes the riven actually worthless, without impacting the weapon itself.

11 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

This calls for a small increase to the base crit chance on the Vulkar (Wraith), a sniper really works on reliable crits - especially considering headshots are the ideal - and the weapon has trouble hitting that mark (absolutely required a 2-stat riven's crit chance even before this reduction)

the vulcar's stats make a perfect anti corpus sniper but with almost pure impact and a lack of good + staus mods kill it in that role as well either a buff to the rifle + status mod the addition of corrupted IPS mods or a change in its meh stats would be nice (one option is for the scope to have a flat status buff similar to the arka sisco)

Just now, Callback said:

Minimum disposition should be 0.8.  Below that and even godly rolls barely compete with normal mods for even raw slot efficiency, never mind the huge capacity cost.  It's not even about balancing weapons at that point, it just makes the riven actually worthless.

Exactly. That's why I have been saying my rivens are ruined. What's the #*!%ing point of having a riven with dispos are dog S#&$ as 0.5 and 0.6 ?

With DE's logic being THE WEAPONS YOU LOVE THE MOST WILL BE NERFED THE MOST

They sure know what their players want.

Oh come on, dont put down dispositions of rivens I use since before eidolons were even a thing...
It's retarded that rivens you acquired before some changes to the game get affected by that and become more useless over time, just because the system was poorly thought out in the first place. This pretty much is punishing players for oversights of the system that were pretty obvious on the release of it. I dont want to roll rivens again just because the niche use I found for them doesnt work anymore, because now only maxed out stats for them offer any benefit because of a dispo change.

17 hours ago, standardheadache said:

Snipetron got buffed, and Vulkar barely took a hit.

This isn't the first, nor the last time this will happen.

Vulkar is the most lackluster and weakest of the usable weapons. Snipetron is the Vulkar's step brother.

17 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

You dont even need a riven for 3x3....

I'm in the minority here but I run solo 6x3. So I do.

17 hours ago, kgptzac said:

Sounds like it will lengthen the Tridolon bounty by 2~5 minutes.  Is it a big deal?

Yes.

33 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Yay. the Kohm is spared a demise once again

Luckily they see that a dispo change would kill it.

That's cuz the insane amount of plat is a benefit to them while many other weapons also depended on the dispo they had but DE didn't even blink when killing them

Yes, riven stats aren't updated ingame yet, my decent Tonkor/Mutalist Cernos rivens didn't change a bit. 

I do agree that riven nerfs aren't a good thing, so maybe _only_ buffing (leaving strong weapons rivens in the dust-unchanged) compared to the weaker weapons recieveing stronger buff? Of course in before update status. But it would create a powercreep overtime, which i do not mind. Or maybe everything having the same dispo would solve everything.

Just now, Famelhaut said:

yeah... not sure if most people can do that without a riven

Then they do a 4x3 or 3x3. This may come as a surprise and massive shock to you but this game was never designed with speedruns in mind...I believe the initial intent is...you know..to have FUN?

38 minutes ago, -Antares- said:

I'm going to sell every riven I have and never use it again. Thx, DE.

well, I'm never going to buy any more riven, since they can screw up his mood any time, I'm going to go on with my platins that have nothing left for me to spend, and toast on decoration and warframe bundles.

37 minutes ago, mmaure said:

could you maybe not nerf arca plasmor more, what kind of S#&$ is this?

yeah lol it was 0.9

Just now, Skyrage said:

Then they do a 4x3 or 3x3. This may come as a surprise and massive shock to you but this game was never designed with speedruns in mind...I believe the initial intent is...you know..to have FUN?

There's a lot of fun and feeling of reward for effort in racing down 6 giant bosses in one night...

Archived