Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

So, what you're saying is we're basically gonna have to switch up most of our loadouts every 3 months? 

This is an all around bad move DE. 

How about instead of nerfing weapons you just start bringing back harder content. I remember when sorties got nerfed. Soon enough we're all gonna be running around fighting squishy enemies with literal nerf guns. This is gonna be a game ruiner.

Most of the changes make sense, but I see some rarely used weps getting nerfed, and many next-to-never used weapons getting too small a buff.
I am kinda happy that I have started moving away from meta weapons towards non-meta ones that become good with a good riven.

BTW people, DE has stated that they will start doing more frequent riven rebalances. Why are you even surprised that your OP meta weapons got nerfed?
I am more surprised to see lots of barely used weapons forgotten and left out of the buffs...

They need to stop nerfing the sniper rifles, the only reason they are so popular, is because everyone is using them for Eidolon hunting...
This way the dispo will not stop getting nerfed until it hits rock bottom and the weapon usage stats will still be the same.

il y a 37 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

Primaries

Révéler le contenu masqué

Arca Plasmor: 0.7->0.6
Amprex: 0.85->0.7

Argonak: 1.1->1.2
Baza: 1.1->1.0
Boltor: 0.79->0.95
Braton: 1.01->1.1
Burston: 1.25->1.3
Cernos: 0.92->1.1

Corinth: 1.05->0.95
Daikyu: 1.21->1.3
Dera: 1.25->1.3
Dread: 0.9->1.1
Ferrox: 1.1->1.15
Gorgon: 1.35->1.4
Grakata: 1.15->1.2
Hek: 0.7->0.85
Hema: 1.1->1.2

Ignis: 0.7->0.6
Javlok: 1.1->1.2
Lanka: 0.95->0.85
Latron: 1.15->1.25
Mutalist Cernos: 1.26->1.35
Nagantaka: 1->1.05
Ogris: 1.25->1.3

Panthera: 1.5->1.4
Paris: 1.05->1.2
Penta: 1.25->1.3
Quanta: 1->1.1

Rubico: 0.95->0.8
Scourge: 1.1->1.15
Simulor: 0.7->0.85
Snipetron: 1.165->1.25
Soma: 0.55->0.75

Stradavar: 1.25->1.15
Supra: 1->0.85

Sybaris: 0.9->1
Tiberon: 1.3->1.1
Tonkor: 0.75->0.95
Torid: 1.2->1.3

Vectis: 0.92->0.85
Veldt: 1.1->1.2
Vulkar: 1.45->1.4
Zarr: 1.08->1.15
Zhuge: 1.18->1.25

You're basically nerfing every single sniper rifle riven in the entire game. since they're highly used especially against bosses and Eidolons they are popular for obvious reasons. Quite ironically three of them are already at a really low disposition anyway.

Updating riven disposition on a regular basis is healthy and must be done but i don't think you're using the right tools to decide what's worth being buffed or not when you're nerfing a whole category of mandatory weapons.

As long as we won't be able to kill an Eidolon with a Stug i really think you should update your tools. There's definitely something really wrong here especially if you don't care much about how your own game's content is run and what kind of weapons we need. Let be honest a sec, not much people are running around in missions with a Lanka or even a Vectis. They're mostly used on specific missions cause you balanced the game that way, and they certainly don't deserve the nerf they get now.

If you have any concern about sniper rifles popularity, then don't make them mandatory on many missions. Same story with AoE weapons and arbitrations, you implement a new content with awfully annoying drones no one can target with conventional weapons, you really think people would go there with a Stug because it has a 300% damage boost ?

Seriously i don't mind nerfs, even on weapons i use a lot. In fact i don't care much about a low disposition riven either, i'll still use it. But there's something really wrong with your calculations and the reality most players are experiencing while playing the game - nerfing to the ground things you make mandatoy does not make any sense to me.

So we're just gonna keep slashing 0.1 and 0.2 on the popular weapons until they reach 0.5...

Riven dispo changes should happen because a weapon got a new variant or a new mod gave it some power, not because the majority of the playerbase is using it.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

This calls for a small increase to the base crit chance on the Vulkar (Wraith), a sniper really works on reliable crits - especially considering headshots are the ideal - and the weapon has trouble hitting that mark (absolutely required a 2-stat riven's crit chance even before this reduction)

22 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Hek: 0.7->0.85

Twin Grakatas: 0.85->1

These large buffs seem out of place considering Twin Graks and  (Vaykor)Hek are both popular and solid, explain?

26 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Lato: 1.4->1.35

Not really criticising this one, it's just funny to say Baby's First Pistol eat a nerf. :clem:

Other than that, mostly reasonable. It hurts to see my Supra getting hit just as I was rolling rivens for it, I don't think I can stomach another Soma Master Race resurgence in the field of LMG-feel weapons. Having it blow my baby Gorgon out of the water years ago was painful.

8 minutes ago, Knight_Prospekt said:

Lanka: 0.95->0.85
Rubico: 0.95->0.8
Vectis: 0.92->0.85

Because you want us to hunt Eidolons with rocks, right?

Snipetron got buffed, and Vulkar barely took a hit.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DefiIading said:

now I’m just gonna sell everything and move to a new game. You’ve basically spit in the face of the community that stood by you guys

This isn't the first, nor the last time this will happen.

I selled a rubico riven two days ago expecting this "balances". Guys don't keep the most wanted rivens, sell them (probably to who doesn't know about "balances") when the prices are still high, this is the only way you can save yourself from this bs without lose nothing.

Anyway we can expect a dispo of 0.5 for all these rivens in the next 6 months: plasmor, ignis, lanka, rubico, vectis, catchmoon.

i see that you are finally adjusting riven dispositions not only based on player usage, but also on your personal feeling of if the weapon SHOULD have a high disposition or not, no matter the player usage.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Soma is an interesting case study - the Soma Prime is a constant staple across all levels of play, ever since we gave the weapon as part of Twitch Prime in 2017. With an MR restriction of 7, it’s intended to be one of the first Primes a new player will acquire. This overall prevalence initially resulted in a low disposition, but our internal rankings will help bring it to a more respectable baseline in the future.

THANKS for finally noticing! my poor prime baby has been collecting dust forever now! hope it one day reaches the 4/5 or even 5/5 disposition!

( and yes, he was indeed my first prime weapon ^^ )

Great....

Pretty much all my 'decent' secondariness got a nerf...

Primaries, my rubico got a nerf and I don't understand why a sniper needed to nerfed considering how limited they are in their use.

Most of the nerfs were the 'max' drop they could get too... I expect them to be nerfed again next time then..

Will continue with my view that adding rivens was the single worst decision DE ever made to the balance of the weapons in this game...

this time, the riven hammer hits the nerve 

so many meta weapons got hits and many i already have riven for but i understand the balance needed and the idea of giving other weapons a chance to rise from the dust we dropped them long ago 

and i like the idea of buff weapon type to give it a chance to rise again.. i mean we are space ninja comon  ..i hope next time it will be throwing secondaries .. plz 

about the last part, is that mean other than popularity, you will use other factors to determine which weapons rivens will be buffed or nerfed ? or still the popularity is the main factor to determine riven deposition  

Archived