Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Corpus Asteroid!

BiancaRoughfin

So, its been 6 years now, the only faction that has established an Asteroid base so far has been the Grineer.

Every now and then we have to do some invasion mission in favor of the Corpus against Infested, as example Phorid missions as the one that made John Prodman so famous. Its really awkward and out of place when you have to do a Corpus mission that occurs on a Grineer Tileset, kinda reminds me of Early Open Beta when the only two tilesets the game had was Grineer Asteroid and Corpus Ship, where you would often do missions against Grineers in the Corpus Ships.

Since the Grineer`s Asteroid Tilesets are a Mining site, the Corpus ones could be a Communication relay and Capital Ship refueling station. Space Walking is a must! So far there is only one tileset that forces players to wonder into the vacuum of space which is very very rarely seen in Invasion missions. In this case there should be larger areas with possible enemy encounters or even maybe the new Corpus fighters yet to be implemented with Railjack occasionally diving to bombard the players.

So, what are other Tenno`s opinions on this?

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

So, its been 6 years now, the only faction that has established an Asteroid base so far has been the Grineer.

Every now and then we have to do some invasion mission in favor of the Corpus against Infested, as example Phorid missions as the one that made John Prodman so famous. Its really awkward and out of place when you have to do a Corpus mission that occurs on a Grineer Tileset, kinda reminds me of Early Open Beta when the only two tilesets the game had was Grineer Asteroid and Corpus Ship, where you would often do missions against Grineers in the Corpus Ships.

Since the Grineer`s Asteroid Tilesets are a Mining site, the Corpus ones could be a Communication relay and Capital Ship refueling station. Space Walking is a must! So far there is only one tileset that forces players to wonder into the vacuum of space which is very very rarely seen in Invasion missions. In this care there should be larger areas with possible enemy encounters or even maybe the new Corpus fighters yet to be implemented with Railjack occasionally diving to bombard the players.

So, what are other Tenno`s opinions on this?

Corpus drydock where you're moving seamlessly from foot to archwing and back as you move through/about the ships under construction would be my preference.

It would be interesting as a tile set (so take my upvote) but I'm not sure if it makes sense for the Corpus. 

For the grineer the Asteroid bases make sense because they are kinda technologically advanced but lack the capacity to build something to mine an asteroid from the outside. So they burrow into it and use the Asteroid as a kind of habitat as they mine it. 

I think the Corpus would be more inclined to manufacture some large scale ships that just consumed the asteroids without the corpus ever really needing to set foot on the surface. 

The Corpus asteroid should be a new Free Roam in the future,  where the Corpus have built an o'neill cylinder inside a giant asteroid.   So we get this free roam area that's within the inside of a landscaped cylinder.  If you don't know what that is,  it's like what the farm was in at the end of Interstellar,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Neill_cylinder

Except this cylinder is in conflict with the Infestation,  so the free roam area you have access too are the infested RUINS of a corpus city,  while quarantines provide few safe zones within it and serve as the hub area like Cetus and Fortuna. 

On the opposite side of the map from the hub area there could be a Kuva Fortress-like corpus research base.

For spacewalk sections,  there could be holes punched through by the infestation in the ruined city section,  including some buildings that are strewn outside the exterior.    This could be integrated well with Railjack.

But I'm just hoping that the Infested faction's free roam is a ruined city in general, wherever it may be.

Edited by Kingsmount

3 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

The Corpus asteroid should be a new Free Roam in the future,  where the Corpus have built an o'neill cylinder inside a giant asteroid.   So we get this free roam area that's within the inside of a landscaped cylinder.  If you don't know what that is,  it's like what the farm was in at the end of Interstellar,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Neill_cylinder

Except this cylinder is in conflict with the Infestation,  so the free roam area you have access too are the infested RUINS of a corpus city,  while quarantines provide few safe zones within it and serve as the hub area like Cetus and Fortuna. 

On the opposite side of the map from the hub area there could be a Kuva Fortress-like corpus research base.

A different-but-still-fancy Halo ring? Yes please, and I must say I like the idea of a cylinder world. Would be interesting to see in-game if they did it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

Leave that for Phobos. What we need here are smaller Bases/Outpost for the Corpus.

The Corpus Frozen Outpost is kind of their asteroid tile set, and I wish more terrestrial tile sets followed its model of psuedo dualism in interior and exterior focused tiles.

But yeah, more tilesets would be nice.  I particularly would like a Corpus Kuva Harvester/Neptune Temple tileset.  I love running kuva nodes, I just want a Corpus equivalent for more options and some variety.

43 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

The Corpus Frozen Outpost is kind of their asteroid tile set

You only find Corpus Frozen Outposts in Venus, Europa and Pluto which are planets with extreme cold and conditions to support those tilesets.

What i expect for Asteroid is literally a chunk of rock in space with a base encrusted onto it.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You only find Corpus Frozen Outposts in Venus, Europa and Pluto which are planets with extreme cold and conditions to support those tilesets.

What i expect for Asteroid is literally a chunk of rock in space with a base encrusted onto it.

I'm still not wrong.  The outpost is their asteroid equivalent.  I doubt DE will settle for another, only Corpus themed.  Corpus need much more fleshing out as is.

And preferably a new tileset that ISN'T a wrecked star ship.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

9 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Oh. I understood it as an "asteroid equivalent", as an new area such as important and central to the Corpus as the Kuva Fortress, but not necessarily an asteroid. I guess it'd not be a bad idea either, and as suggested previously it could be a mining venture or something like it. Damn, now I'm even thinking that all this high-priority experiment research with amalgams should have been just that - a top secret research done in an hidden outpost of the corpus so no one finds it.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

The main places in the solar system with asteroids are the asteroid belt (where Ceres is) and the Trojan asteroids (which co-orbit with Jupiter).

The asteroid belt is Grineer territory so it would need to be the Trojans within Jupiter's orbit.