The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you DE

1 minute ago, SolusCaeles said:

The melee update that screwed up blocking, sword drawing, combo button displays and bug out the aiming and weapon switches when you're holding all those scanner/fishing rod/tranquilizer rifle?

No thanks.

That’s what we get when they only give it to us half finished. It doesn’t make sense to me to release half finished stuff 

Just now, Chappie1975 said:

I disagree.

I disagree the disagree to disagree the agree to disagree.

Just now, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

That’s what we get when they only give it to us half finished. It doesn’t make sense to me to release half finished stuff 

DE are like they're so up to the new tilesets and other upcoming updates that they kinda put the fix melee stuff away.

I guess they've promised too much in the devstreams.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

I have been playing Warframe on and off for about 3 years and the recent updates have been amazing. The Melee update made the combat more fluid and natural, and the Plains of Eidolon update is really polished and gorgeous. So, thank you Digital Extremes, well done!

Brace yourself, people who will tell you your opinion is wrong are going to flood the thread.

Personally, in liking the changes.  Bugs, as always, I've learned to live with them and I know they'll get sorted eventually.  But still, great update. 

• Like 3

Same, I'm having a blast! I'm enjoying the combat a lot more than before, I've finished Nightwave and am so happy to have my free armor (it looks pretty dashing on Ash and compliments Hildryn's build), and the Plains look amazing! And we still have so much to still look forward to (next Melee iteration, Jupiter rework, New War, Railjack)! It has been a good year for me with Warframe!

I too like the changes - in general.  Plenty of things that need work, but it does feel more fluid for the way that I play.  But I was never a melee combo player.

My son is less enthusiastic it as it messed up all his game play since he preferred lower level content and toying with enemies with combos and blocking.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Brace yourself, people who will tell you your opinion is wrong are going to flood the thread.

Personally, in liking the changes.  Bugs, as always, I've learned to live with them and I know they'll get sorted eventually.  But still, great update. 

We have no choice but to live with the bugs. Why don’t they just slow down a little bit and start thinking things through a little better. Spend more time polishing and finishing up before releasing. Might get rid of some of the salt that they bring down on em

10 minutes ago, SolusCaeles said:

DE are like they're so up to the new tilesets and other upcoming updates that they kinda put the fix melee stuff away.

I guess they've promised too much in the devstreams. 

AFAIK, the team in charge of Melee changes are people that probably are working only on Melee changes (and probably cinematic animations / programming for the next big update if the manpower is needed, but that shouldn't draw them away for too long), the thing is that what they initially promised didn't seem to work so well, so they decided to change how to get it to us. Many times things change a lot in short spans of time and we don't even know.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

* In the voice of Emperor Palpatine* "Execute order: Disagree"

I personally find the direction of the melee system to be refreshing. Yes a few bugs and alterations to some controller/keyboard mapping with certain schemes. But very fluid leaving us more-ly (made up version of "more" with a tad more intensity) enveloped as being a space ninjur!

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I wish they implemented stance overhaul first, but oh well, i have jat kusar...

baby steps, after status 2.5 they're probably (and rightfully) scared to fully commit to these kinds of reworks right off the bat. 

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

baby steps, after status 2.5 they're probably (and rightfully) scared to fully commit to these kinds of reworks right off the bat. 

I can understand that, but biggest downside of this overhaul is removal of quickmelee, that was best way to use melees with bad stance.