Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards Veterans might want

(PSN)Renan_RXZ

Personally I'd like to see more paths to gaining arcanes, kuva and credits. I'm not a big fan of eidolons, mostly because of the size and effects in the fights that simply arent friendly to the way the camera works in WF. I'm not a big fan of having to do Index everytime I feel like grinding credits and I'm not a big fan of having only Kuva Survival outside of siphons/flood as the way to farm Kuva.

Other than that, more ways to obtain certain rare mods so you arent stuck on a trivial planet while doing the grind. New challenging game modes with specific new weapons tied to them, weapons that are actually useful and fitting for the mode we get them from and not just MR fodders like the Sledge and the upcoming two vandal weapons. New mods that aren just gimmicks like those we'll get from Gas City. They dont need to be straight upgrades or power creep, they could be side grades, like making an "Amalgam High Voltage", which instead of status chance gives crit chance, but you are limited to using either or and cant combine them.

edit: I would also like to see straight up combination mods (cor, mag, rad etc.). They could be simple, like +60% viral damage that cannot be combined with other elemental mods. Just incase you wanna fit in an elemental type for just the status effect.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

And I honestly dont see where in my original i discussed locking things

Thats truly a problem, but as i said those powerful rewards must be linked to really hard content.

You started the conversation saying that you are satisfied with the way rewards are, stockpiling resources is all you want , therefore you represent a minority thats happy with it.

You started the conversation talking about acessibility so of course the term new player would appear.

Anyway, we are going off topic here, you gave your contribution already, you are happy with stockpiling currency, thanks

You mentioned putting mechanical alterations (augments, etc) behind veteran reward systems. I used the term, "locking," because that is effectively what it is. Three posts later you are now refuting the term after continuing the discussion without having any issue with the use of it because you understood it to be a necessary term in the grand scheme of, "progression." You don't get to just suddenly decide that it's not a term to use like that.

Accessibility does not imply that new players must be able to reach it. You're creating the false dichotomy. I refute it. You continue to bring it up. That's on you, not me. I'm worried about the people in-between who will have to exhaust most of the game's content in order to get that new augment for their favorite frame. That should, mechanically, be available to them without having to be at that level of gameplay.

This entire discussion is precisely on topic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Just give me more endo and forma, they're the most useful resources in the game, so the more ways to get them, the better.

Oh and screw rivens.

No self respecting veteran needs these rewards. And I agree, screw rivens. I have loads, they still suck being in the game.

I would like something that May help me to go beyond the limit of my warframes, like an upgrade for armor, health power: strenght-efficency-range. Something untradeble, unique but poweful like primed amalgam mod set, Unlimited forma BP, as suggested above standing for syndacates. 

Just now, Zilchy said:

No self respecting veteran needs these rewards. And I agree, screw rivens. I have loads, they still suck being in the game.

Veteran just means you've been playing for a long time, not that you no-life the game, dude. I'm a "veteran", been playing almost since the game entered open beta, I still find those rewards far more useful than anything else the game throws at me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

All I want to see in a veteran system is:

Endo, credits, kuva, forma (BP or built, I don't care which)
That's it. Give me resources that are globally useful on a regular basis. This is why i'm fine with Arbitration rewards.

The issue with giving rewards, "veterans might want," is that every veteran player is an individual. I'd rather the unique mods, augments, etc, be available to all players in a relatively achievable manner that doesn't require them to already exhaust most of the content in the game to reach. My only concern is keeping my stock of currencies as high as possible to prepare for future content or to help a buddy rank up some mods when he's not able to play as much as I am but would like to actually play missions with me that don't cause me to fall asleep.

11 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You mentioned putting mechanical alterations (augments, etc) behind veteran reward systems. I used the term, "locking," because that is effectively what it is. Three posts later you are now refuting the term after continuing the discussion without having any issue with the use of it because you understood it to be a necessary term in the grand scheme of, "progression." You don't get to just suddenly decide that it's not a term to use like that.

Accessibility does not imply that new players must be able to reach it. You're creating the false dichotomy. I refute it. You continue to bring it up. That's on you, not me. I'm worried about the people in-between who will have to exhaust most of the game's content in order to get that new augment for their favorite frame. That should, mechanically, be available to them without having to be at that level of gameplay.

This entire discussion is precisely on topic.

You used "availble to all players", we are proposing good rewards for challenging content which means that maybe some players can get it. im using new players cause you definitely put a foot on there. 

Again acessibility is not the topic, the topic is about rewards. Do they stick together? yes they do but not discussing it here. All i did was to propose rewards that MIGHT be exciting to lf and  also put a disclaimer in the end that we def need harder content if the rewards were to makes more powerful

you are happy with the rewards you have now, thats all needed to hear

18 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Veteran just means you've been playing for a long time, not that you no-life the game, dude. I'm a "veteran", been playing almost since the game entered open beta, I still find those rewards far more useful than anything else the game throws at me.

I didn't nolife the game either but I've never had a need for endo and ever since Plaguestar was added, forma has been a non-issue.

Just now, Zilchy said:

I didn't nolife the game either but I've never had a need for endo and ever since Plaguestar was added, forma has been a non-issue.

Different gameplay styles, I suppose. I like endo cause certain mods make me some good profit. As for Forma... well, I used to like Plague Star. Then they ruined it and I've not touched it since.

21 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

I would like something that May help me to go beyond the limit of my warframes, like an upgrade for armor, health power: strenght-efficency-range. Something untradeble, unique but poweful like primed amalgam mod set, Unlimited forma BP, as suggested above standing for syndacates. 

Thats really good, it also comes down to balancing issues i guess

Unlimited forma bp sounds great but it will probably not happen lol

I feel like the one major endgame reward type that would appease lots of people would simply be this: stuff which allows players to achieve in-game goals faster than they could before. You know, app game logic. For example, the mobile game 10 Billion Wives is a reduction of the concept.

The problem with giving this to players is that Warframe doesn't have extra game that would be gated behind such rewards. The other issue is that with the real-time development of the game amd the speed at which new content is realesed, there will always be a large number of players who exhaust the newest content long before the subsequent content drop.

Then you also have the issue of where to place new content in overall player progression. For example, PoE and Fortuna were draws for many new players and are accesible early in your progression. If these locations were built for endgame players, locked behind 60+ hours of content, many newcomees would pass up this game. Then funding of WF isn't as strong. Alternatively, the solution would be to just "make content faster", which would result in a massive increase in bugs, a massive decrease in quality, and/or this becoming very much like a mobile game.

25 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Those rewards should def stay but they are not enough to keep you playin the game. I tried to spicy it up a little bit on the list to give us something to go for on top of those resources we already need

What I want is this god damn bloodshed sigil without being forced to fight the Bug Taker a million times thanks to that 1% drop chance.

No, really. It's got a 1 % chance to drop. And given how broken the whole thing is, it's so not worth the time required.

Edited by o0Despair0o

About the only thing I kinda hope is a reward is the orbiter cleaning not. Tho I would hate for that to be exclusive cause it's so nifty. 

Eh I'd also be totally ok paying plat for it. 

I guess over all I would just like to be able to transmute rivens without having to slog through the hydrolyst (just because you can do the content doesn t mean you find the content enjoyable) and a more ways to get kuva. I mean floods are ok(ish) but survival is my ZZZZzzzz kryptonite.

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

I know rewards is a very popular topic right now and there are tons of ideas to improve it, so, on this topic i wanna to go over more ideas i had and got from others ,of rewards for new or existing game modes. All the veterans out there, tell them what you want.

Some suggestions:

Base line rewards: Forma( BP and premade), Kuva and Endo. I know we all swimming in endo now but if they were to put new powerful mods theyd probably be primed or primed like. Therefore having endo as base line is ok.

Other rewards:

-Global Syndicate Medallion 

-Unique Mods  ( Amalgams, Corrupted, Primed, Umbral.....)

-Unique Augments mods for Warframes/Weapons/Pets/.....

Rivens of course but id go a little further :

-Give the players a chance to get a riven for a the weapon of choice. (not including the stats)

-Give us rewards to manipulate riven stats: Ive recently started to play Path of exile on PS4 and theres a lot of crafting there. Some of the concepts they have could be implemented here on the rivens. In Path of Exile theres this thing called Fossil Crafting that allow you to manipulate the modifiers of an equipment, reducing the modifiers you can roll in an equipment. Its not guaranteed you will get what you want but the chances are higher. That works perfectly with the Rivens System.

-Syndicate Rivens: Regular Rivens but they also give the syndicate effect to the weapon

- Umbral, Aura, .....all special forma you can think of

- Umbral and/or Prime modifiers for mods: If you dont want to think about new powerful mods to give us, let us do the job. It could be a great idea to allow us to transform a mod of choice to Umbral/Prime, the possibilties are endless, the only problem here is balancing, this could be game breaking for some mods.

- New Arcanes

- New Warframe Passives- Let us unlock new passives to play around with it in builds

- Cosmetics are great but i rather have them as a merit reward.

Thats all i can think for now

The truth is, all cool stuff we suggest will probably make us more powerful, so DE, its about time to amp up the difficulty of the missions. Let this be overkill on normal warframe missions and bring us the end game.

While I am not a vet, I've progressed quite far into the game. 

I only want the game-play now, i.e., new content for me doesn't need to be tied with rewards; I just want Warframe, but freshened up. They can take their time with rewards - it really isn't all that important to me, and in reality it isn't that important at all. 

2 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

I want a proper honest-to-god minigun. I don’t care if DE makes it the weakest gun in the game. 

In looks or action?

AW offers a quintessential gyromagged mini-gun and it’s vandal variant.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

In looks or action?

AW offers a quintessential gyromagged mini-gun and it’s vandal variant.

Both. Imperator may have a ramp up but it doesn’t look anything like a minigun. It’s just an autocannon with a ramp up. Octavias gun doesn’t count either because it’s just a single rotating barrel. 

If you’re going to count the Imperator you may as well count the Gorgan and Supra as well.

thanks for linking the video though.

Edited by Legion-Shields

4 hours ago, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

Base line rewards: Forma( BP and premade), Kuva and Endo. I know we all swimming in endo now but if they were to put new powerful mods theyd probably be primed or primed like. Therefore having endo as base line is ok

The issue with adding more powerful mods is more power Creep.... and then veterans eill go right back to *@##$ing about a lack of challenge...

• Like 1

Olympic games! With Olympic rewards! Like a PVPVE that doesn't involve players killing each other but competing to see who does an objective better! Give me medals that i can equip on my warframe's neck and display my skill!

W A R F R A M E  O L Y M P I C S

I could care less about rewards. Just give me a fun game. Improve and fix Warframe and give more story-oriented side quests (syndicate, Warframe or even weapons). Only thing DE will need to think of is a way to monetize those since by default, they don't get money out of that kind of content so it makes it impractical to introduce new playable content consistently.