Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA Questions and Feedback

VenomousValentine

I have already had 6 people in the last hour try to trade me, and can't because they didn't do the authentication.

This is absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous to limit something as crucial as trading behind something like this.

I won't be able to buy the new weapons like I had in mind because I cant make any plat.

I mean...it’s the first day, the update launched a few hours ago, of course a lot of people still have to get used to it and enable it 

Complaining about first day problems isn’t really optimal, the problem will go in time. Ofc DE should let people know from the get go that they need to enable this to trade, something like an inbox message when you reach MR2, or even send an inbox message right after the update to let people know 

Imo, the problem is DE’s lack of communication about letting us know we need this enabled 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeclem said:

it takes about a minute to get 2FA going. and it actually helps with account safety. its about time they introduced this in trades. 

Yeah if your account isn't 6 years old and associated with an email you no longer use.

Just now, GinKenshin said:

I mean...it’s the first day, the update launched a few hours ago, of course a lot of people still have to get used to it and enable it 

Complaining about first day problems isn’t really optimal, the problem will go in time. Ofc DE should let people know from the get go that they need to enable this to trade, something like an inbox message when you reach MR2, or even send an inbox message right after the update to let people know 

Imo, the problem is DE’s lack of communication about letting us know we need this enabled 

It's unneeded. There's no reason for it.

3 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Yeah if your account isn't 6 years old and associated with an email you no longer use.

then change your email on your account. 

it helps with account safety. thats the reason for it. 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, VenomousValentine said:

I don’t understand what it does. Can you explain it, it’s general use, how it works and why it doesn’t work and shouldn’t be added in this specific case? 

You sure this is not the first-day mild inconvenience talking anyway? 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zeclem:

it takes about a minute to get 2FA going. and it actually helps with account safety. its about time they introduced this in trades. 

Using 2FA with the Email address you use as your login name... I think you meant that as a joke. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zeclem said:

then change your email on your account. 

Thats not as easy as you think, you need to message the support if you want to do it and if 2FA gets messed up (various people already complained about this) you get locked out from your own account.

8 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

If it's an account you no longer use but have access to, then change the e-mail account. If it's an account you no longer have access to, then that's a massive security vulnerability and ought to be addressed immediately. With that said...

6 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Using 2FA with the Email address you use as your login name... I think you meant that as a joke.  

Yeah, what the hell? I was expecting a QR code for something like the Google Authenticator on my phone, like most other services use. It's not really "two-factor" both login and authentication are on the same device, now is it? Not to mention on the same account.

7 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

no, not really. given it allows the system to recognize your pc it still does help. 

Atleast give us the option to not use it, why do you have to force it upon us by making it necessary, for trading between players ? I have never needed 2FA for any account on anything, it has always been optional, this is the first time a company has forcibly tried to shove 2FA down my throat. As far as I know 2FA actually makes your account more likely to be hacked, than not, it's a scam as far as I am concerned and I do not trust it. Why do I have to give away even more personal info, just to log into a game that I have been playing for 5+ years ? I don't like it, it adds extra complication where there need not be. If people  feel safer using 2FA and they want to use it, let them, but do not limit those of us who care not for it. make it optional, not  forced upon us.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

I think its to stop bots and player scams, makes things easier to track their end, I'm ok with it if it means it can cut down on scammers. Its only an email and confirmation, nothing major, hell I'd even be ok with them doing like a credit card check to make sure someones an adult before playing their game, since Warframe is a mature rated game and all that, this stuff doesn't really phase an old guy like myself

How are you giving away more personal info when you're enabling 2FA? Sorry, I'm not entirely familiar with this process, since I play in PS4, but as far as I know, you just receive a message to your already registered email address with a code you can register on the Warframe website. Where is more personal information involved?

Also, I'm curious how this is possible, what do you mean?

6 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

2FA actually makes your account more likely to be hacked, than not

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

How are you giving away more personal info when you're enabling 2FA? Sorry, I'm not entirely familiar with this process, since I play in PS4, but as far as I know, you just receive a message to your already registered email address with a code you can register on the Warframe website. Where is more personal information involved?

Also, I'm curious how this is possible, what do you mean?

Your phone number, is what they usually use for 2FA and do not like giving that away without good reason. That is unless DE uses a different kind of 2FA that does not require a phone number, nevertheless It makes logging in more complicated and I do not like that. Even if only slightly more annoying it is still an extra step I need to do, before logging in. It is unnecessary in my opinion, it should be made optional regardless.

As for how 2FA can make hacking an account easier, if the 2FA requires a phone number, it means all the hacker needs to do is find that phone number on an account somewhere on a website, like facebook for example. A phone number is a lot more common and public than a password, so it makes the account a lot more likely to be hacked with 2FA than than without 2FA.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

14 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

Atleast give us the option to not use it, why do you have to force it upon us by making it necessary, for trading between players ? I have never needed 2FA for any account on anything, it has always been optional, this is the first time a company has forcibly tried to shove 2FA down my throat. As far as I know 2FA actually makes your account more likely to be hacked, than not, it's a scam as far as I am concerned and I do not trust it. Why do I have to give away even more personal info, just to log into a game that I have been playing for 5+ years ? I don't like it, it adds extra complication where there need not be. If people  feel safer using 2FA and they want to use it, let them, but do not limit those of us who care not for it. make it optional, not  forced upon us.

Isn't 2FA just DE sending you an email with a special code whenever you log in from a strange network or computer?

• Like 1

inb4 OP bought their account and doesn't have access to the actual Email :clem:

srsly tho it's just email 2FA and it means that IF your account manages to end up compromised they can't trade with it, whithout also compromising your Email account as well. Since most of the reason people hack accounts is to gut them via trade for plat. 2FA not only mitigates that incentive by adding another wall that they have to hurdle. It also takes some stress off DE because most of those fraudulent trades are going to be preemptively blocked, so they don't have to spend a bunch of time reversing them. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

your phone number, is what they usually use for 2FA and do not like giving that away without good reason. That is unless DE uses a different kind of 2FA that does not require a phone number, nevertheless It makes logging in more complicated and I do not like that. Even if only slightly more annoying it is still an extra step I need to do, before logging in. It is unnecessary in my opinion, it should be made optional regardless.

As for how 2FA can make hacking an account easier, if the 2FA requires a phone number, it means all the hacker needs to do is find that phone number on an account somewhere on a website, like facebook for example. A phone number is a lot more common and public than a password, so it makes the account a lot more likely to be hacked with 2FA than than without 2FA.

It literally was one email after logging in the main website, did not require phone number or app like steam did.