Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE releases a new frame that requires a unavailable* material, nice.

OtisSpunks

I love how so many people say that those complaining should have saved up nitain from nightwave.

I'll but everyone of them is a veteran player that manage to complete nightwave season and some. But what they all fail to realise is that any newer player that started in the middle of the nightwave season or later had no chance to stockpile nitain . The trickle of wolf credits handed out was barely enough to keep up with building frames and weapons that requires the resource, and some of the weekly missions were just not possible for newer player to complete (sorties/ profit taker) in order to max out their progression.

Any newer player right now is stuck with any build that requires the resource (including the NEWLY released Wisp).

And for those that bang on about there being sabotage and exterminate mission still available to farm the resource... seriously... 2% at MAX chance, your really expecting people to farm hours/days/ weeks just to get 2 nitain so they can build a newly released warframe.

• Like 7

il y a 2 minutes, EtonaKai a dit :

Any newer player right now is stuck with any build that requires the resource (including the NEWLY released Wisp).

Comon. New players have tones of things to do and any of the stuff they need nitains to craft will disappear. They can still play without wisp and they have 36 other frames to farm. 

You are making a problem out of nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OtisSpunks said:

Its all starting to make sense now why the market had its UI redone. Tell me, where is the sense in removing ways to obtain a material used in nearly all new constructions in favor of it being placed near souly in one seasonal event? And wheres the logic in releasing a brand new frame that requires this material immediately after said seasonal event closes? You know whats fun, waiting around endlessly for something to do in this game, getting an update, and then having my face slammed into a time gate on top of a time gate. 

edit: Looking forward to the white knight responses. Probably my favorite part about the official forums. 

4 minutes ago, Tehhi said:

Nitain drop on Friday: 

This

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It'll be back when Series 2 starts up.

But it is downright stupid for DE to have taken away the credit shop and not given any other way to reliably obtain the resource. 

Most F2P games with limited-time events have the reward shop last for significantly longer than the event itself, which I think DE should do for the next Nightwave season.

Nitain is only unavailable if you choose to ignore where it drops from.

And even if anyone is ignoring the other ways to get it then this is still a non-issue when there are other more literally "unobtainable" frames currently.

Namely being Inaros who's 100% unobtainable without Baro and every vaulted frame/weapon is unobtainable without already having their relics or going through trade chat.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PRIMETIME-MAY23.jpg

Rebecca and Danielle are ready to take on Update 25: The Jovian Concord. Operation: Hostile Mergers is live for a limited time, and tonight, they will earn their Spectra and Glaxion Vandals! Or at least, try to. We here a certain Demolyst may crash the party.... But we're not concerned because we've invited Megan to help us out - all the way from California!

PLUS, don’t miss the Nitain Twitch Drop, newest Warframe Community Fan Art, and giveaways!

See you here tonight, May 23rd at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Please ensure your correct Twitch account and Warframe account are linked to receive Twitch Drops: https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link

Get your nitiain here too.

See, DE cares and knows it sucks we don't have a valid way to get it till Nightwave 2 comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EtonaKai said:

But what they all fail to realise is that any newer player that started in the middle of the nightwave season or later had no chance to stockpile nitain

That has been addressed in previous comments.  New players dont HAVE to build vauban prime or anything else that requires nitain.  There are so many other things to build/level up and forma in the mean time.

It's total BS that de removed a resource that is required to craft 8ish frames and 2 weapons for sure.

My friend finally got all the ivara parts only to be totally F'ed because he doesn't have the 9 nitain required to build here.

Awesome job guys.

PS the forums were a hot mess when boobon prime came out for this exact reason

While I do think DE should have a way to obtain Nitain outside of Nightwave (no, the Sabatage don't, nor do the Bounties count. RNG chance is .67%), this is being blown out of proportion.

Those that can farm Wisp easily, will have the Nitain on hand. Those that will need to play the game longer in order to be able to farm Wisp will have a chance to get Nitain in whatever new way DE comes up with. So people may have to wait a month or two to get it. My heart bleeds.

This is no different than needing Argon prior to unlocking the Void.

Play the game, and you'll get what you need/want. With the exception of wanting it all, and wanting it right now. It's called "effort". Google it.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

While I do think DE should have a way to obtain Nitain outside of Nightwave (no the Sabatage, nor Bounties count. RNG chance is .67%), this is being blown out of proportion.

Those that can farm Wisp easily, will have the Nitain on hand. Those that will need to play the game longer in order to be able to farm Wisp will have a chance to get Nitain in whatever new way DE comes up with. So people may have to wait a month or two to get it. My heart bleeds.

Play the game, and you'll get what you need/want. With the exception of wanting it all, and wanting it right now. It's called "effort". Google it.

Lock the thread.  This is the best way to summarize it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

While I do think DE should have a way to obtain Nitain outside of Nightwave (no, the Sabatage don't, nor do the Bounties count. RNG chance is .67%), this is being blown out of proportion.

The difference, oh empathetic one, is that you can ask for help with Argon.  It's not difficult at all to taxi someone to even one of the lower level Void missions and just smash crates for a bit.  Do an Exterminate or Defense, and... done.  Argon retrieved.

The problem with the Nightwave store is that it's time gated, grind gated, and Nitain is *competing* with everything else you can spend the credits on.  Want an alt helmet?  Tough, buy Nitain.  Want one of the weapons that are now pretty much Nightwave exclusive?  Tough, buy Nitain.  Want to buy a Reactor or Catalyst?  Tough, buy Nitain.

It doesn't affect me directly because I have hundreds of them, and rarely actually craft anything anyway.  I don't consider grinding for parts to be "content."  I consider taking a new Warframe and using it to make life miserable for the Grineer to be content.  But I can absolutely understand how the way the Nightwave store is currently set up is a problem.  *Most* of the things in there are cosmetic, and optional.  Except the things that aren't.  (Nitain, and potentially the weapons if you want/need the Master points.)  And the two different categories are competing for the same limited availability, limited-time-only resource to purchase them.  This is NOT an ideal setup.  It's a big part of why some people are feeling compelled to grind Nightwave until they're completely sick of the entire game.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The difference, oh empathetic one, is that you can ask for help with Argon.  It's not difficult at all to taxi someone to even one of the lower level Void missions and just smash crates for a bit.  Do an Exterminate or Defense, and... done.  Argon retrieved.

The problem with the Nightwave store is that it's time gated, grind gated, and Nitain is *competing* with everything else you can spend the credits on.  Want an alt helmet?  Tough, buy Nitain.  Want one of the weapons that are now pretty much Nightwave exclusive?  Tough, buy Nitain.  Want to buy a Reactor or Catalyst?  Tough, buy Nitain.

It doesn't affect me directly because I have hundreds of them, and rarely actually craft anything anyway.  I don't consider grinding for parts to be "content."  I consider taking a new Warframe and using it to make life miserable for the Grineer to be content.  But I can absolutely understand how the way the Nightwave store is currently set up is a problem.  *Most* of the things in there are cosmetic, and optional.  Except the things that aren't.  (Nitain, and potentially the weapons if you want/need the Master points.)  And the two different categories are competing for the same limited availability, limited-time-only resource to purchase them.  This is NOT an ideal setup.  It's a big part of why some people are feeling compelled to grind Nightwave until they're completely sick of the entire game.

The difference, is that those hundreds of Nitain you have were farmed over the six years you've been playing. Play another six years and you'll have all those cosmetics and hundreds of Nitain under the new system. People are sick of grinding Nightwave, because they are trying to do in 1-2 months what older players earned in years. So you are correct, I still have no sympathy for those complaining. DE already said a new event was in the works, but they wanted to be able to launch it on all platforms simultaneously like they did with Nightwave. That takes time to get done. Mainly waiting on Sony and Microsoft for cert. So a new system is coming, and probably one behind that, and so forth, until there will be a continuous way to earn Nitain and cosmetics.

Is it a grind? Yes. Is it time gated? Yes. Never said it wasn't. Just another grind and time-gate to take over the grind and time-gate of old.

As for MR points, by the time those would matter, a player will have plenty of Nitain.

So, again, the sky isn't falling.

19 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

-Snip-

No, the nitain being in Nightwave doesn't affect me because I don't *build* anything if I have a choice.  I use my real job to fund my chosen hobby.  So that I can use my free time as I see fit, instead of working a second *unpaid* job grinding for resources.  I have hundreds of Nitain because I personally never *need* them at all.  And expecting people to "grind and be grateful" for something that they can't accomplish for *years* is NOT a good way to keep them around.  City of Heroes did that with their "solo option" for getting Incarnate abilites.  (But only the first tier, since the system literally locked out anyone who didn't grind iTrials.)  But someone did the math, and getting just the first *tier* of Incarnate via the solo path would have taken a minimum of something like TWO YEARS.

People are burning themselves out on Nightwave because of the huge amount of uncertainty in the system.  They don't know for sure that "real life" won't happen (work, family, health, internet going offline for maintenance for a month because reasons) so they grind as much as possible RIGHT NOW just in case.  The devs were unclear how long Nightwave would last, so they grind as much as they can RIGHT NOW in case it ends before they have time to finish.  And all the different items are competing for Creds in a system that most people don't trust will be repeatable, so they have to grind for it RIGHT NOW in case Season Two has different things in the store, or the prices change.

You're lack of sympathy and your lack of empathy are the same thing.  Congratulations, Achievement Unlocked:  "I Have a Sandwich."  As in, "I have a sandwich, therefore no one else can possibly be hungry.  OR:  It's not a problem FOR ME, so it isn't a problem AT ALL."

• Like 2

19 hours ago, EmberStar said:

-Snip-

I lack sympathy because I see new players coping with the new system already. The only people complaining are the "vets". You can say "Well, they don't know any better yet." though players I know that started just weeks ago, are fine.

So, yes, I haz my sammich. I also see everyone else haz sammich. The only "hungry" people are those that don't want to make their sammich.

Though, as for "no problem". I already stated that DE should have a way to gain Nitain outside of Nightwave. My statements have been that, while a problem exists, it doesn't need all the angst and panic being generated. DE already stated they are working on introducing new ways to get Nitain to the players, so they are aware of the issue. Looking at all the information instead of one part and panicking is what people need to do. In life as well as games.

16 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

No, the nitain being in Nightwave doesn't affect me because I don't *build* anything if I have a choice.  I use my real job to fund my chosen hobby.  So that I can use my free time as I see fit, instead of working a second *unpaid* job grinding for resources.  I have hundreds of Nitain because I personally never *need* them at all.  And expecting people to "grind and be grateful" for something that they can't accomplish for *years* is NOT a good way to keep them around.  City of Heroes did that with their "solo option" for getting Incarnate abilites.  (But only the first tier, since the system literally locked out anyone who didn't grind iTrials.)  But someone did the math, and getting just the first *tier* of Incarnate via the solo path would have taken a minimum of something like TWO YEARS.

People are burning themselves out on Nightwave because of the huge amount of uncertainty in the system.  They don't know for sure that "real life" won't happen (work, family, health, internet going offline for maintenance for a month because reasons) so they grind as much as possible RIGHT NOW just in case.  The devs were unclear how long Nightwave would last, so they grind as much as they can RIGHT NOW in case it ends before they have time to finish.  And all the different items are competing for Creds in a system that most people don't trust will be repeatable, so they have to grind for it RIGHT NOW in case Season Two has different things in the store, or the prices change.

You're lack of sympathy and your lack of empathy are the same thing.  Congratulations, Achievement Unlocked:  "I Have a Sandwich."  As in, "I have a sandwich, therefore no one else can possibly be hungry.  OR:  It's not a problem FOR ME, so it isn't a problem AT ALL."

Who made you the arbiter? You got your nitain, why are you pissy it's harder to get. You are a vet and by now should know that DE has a plan and crying about it doesn't make them work harder or faster. Get off your high horse.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Who made you the arbiter? You got your nitain, why are you pissy it's harder to get. You are a vet and by now should know that DE has a plan and crying about it doesn't make them work harder or faster. Get off your high horse.

honestly EmberStar is the nicest person in the thread