Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Disruption is garbage

Milinko

From garbage rewards, garbage new mods, garbage mechanics, to garbage enemy types; the new disruption gamemode is just garbage. All in my own opinion this gamemode offers nothing new to the gameloop kill S#&$ fast (oh and anything considered crowd control don't work on those self destructing sanic levels of speed tank god mother truckers) I am sure that many people like the new gamemode but I was honestly was hoping for something that made cc worth it or something consistent or anything really not just mobile defense excavation, with the unique twist of there are enemies who can spawn run straight to the objective are immune to cc take way more damage than any other enemy of the same level and one shot the objective oh boy what a time to be alive.

• Like 1

I had no issues using khora or nova. And actually quite enjoy it, more going on than say, survival, where it's just "pew.. pew".

At least in disruption I need to pay attention for the mini-bosses. And the random effects are a neat gimmick if nothing else.

Seems you're either not geared or not preparing correctly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milinko said:

are immune to cc

Funny, I was able to CC them just fine. My group (of two) could CC and kill them without much issue at normal levels.

I agree that the new mode is pretty bad though. The rewards are complete trash. Why do I want a prize of 2 Hex when a drop has 6? If DE fixes the rewards they might be a little more worth doing. The mode itself needs changes - I mean, who doesn’t love spending a minute looking for a key then breaking the enemy in 5 seconds? The keys are too much of a pain to find.

• My biggest issue was all the ways your abilities get nulified. This would be fine if I didn’t get locked out of using them every second or third time as a result. This is a bug, but I doubt we will get a fix soon. 

Just now, Milinko said:

am i getting a bug then because neither mag nor nezha can stop them.

No idea. They nullify you if you get too close, that could be your issue. But you provided so little information I cannot provide an answer.

6 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

I had no issues using khora or nova. And actually quite enjoy it, more going on than say, survival, where it's just "pew.. pew".

At least in disruption I need to pay attention for the mini-bosses. And the random effects are a neat gimmick if nothing else.

Seems you're either not geared or not preparing correctly. 

I dont think its a problem of preparation as I take the same builds through ESO and arbitratrions just fine, also sometimes I am actively searching for the targets and out of nowhere the objective is just destroyed, like the damn thing walked past me.

3 minutes ago, Milinko said:

I dont think its a problem of preparation as I take the same builds through ESO and arbitratrions just fine, also sometimes I am actively searching for the targets and out of nowhere the objective is just destroyed, like the damn thing walked past me.

Well, they make noise. They pulsate with nullifier energy if you get too close, disabling WF abilities for a few moments. They are vulnerable to CC, (KHora's 2, 3, nova's 4 etc). But it has a reduced timer (seems about 60-75% reduced timer). Even manus lockdown works.

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Funny, I was able to CC them just fine.

You can CC or debuff those mini bosses, but not for full duration or untill a certain damage threshold, afterwards they dispell themselves and gain ability immunity for a short time. So no, you cannot perma CC/debuff them. Self buffer still have an advantage here, but it is not as bad as in Arbitrations.

8 hours ago, Milinko said:

-snip-

Best addition Warframe had in years. Disruption is a compromise between static defense - selfish survival, and offers enough emphasis in killing as well as protecting with place for almost every Frame.

anything considered crowd control don't work on those self destructing sanic levels of speed tank god mother truckers

Magus Lockdown and Temporal Blast (Zenurik void blast upgrade) are your friends. Haven't checked Magus Overload yet, might be effective on drone/moa versions too. 

Edited by Reifnir

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Funny, I was able to CC them just fine. My group (of two) could CC and kill them without much issue at normal levels.

only some CC seems to work, nova or a creeping terrify augmented nekros works wonders, a vauban however does all of nothing useful, a rhino stomps seems to work....briefly....sometimes, ive done stomps that have worked and other times the demolyst just walked right past without a care in the world.

yup, sometimes you seem to have a nice long time to hear and find them, other times i hear nothing or they took some obscure weird direct approach in mere moments long before anyone even notices them, its a shame it will end up like salvage and defection, once you have whatever resources/things you need there will be zero reason to go back as its replayability/fun factor is in the minus range.  (then again it should be obvious to many that this isnt a bad thing as many will just get annoyed and buy the new frame/weapons instead which has been the norm for quite a while)

Edited by Methanoid

Yep, the rewards are garbage. They give me no motivation to play it.

Gameplay-wise it is just mediocre. The buffs and debuffs are fun but the mini-bosses are just not so good. All you have to do is to kill them before they reach the console and explode. And wtf the consoles can only be destroyed by the bosses (correct me if I'm wrong). So it is even not mobile-defense, it is just "kill the mini-bosses as fast as possible" plus survival without the need to fill your life support. Mini-bosses can be improved a lot, but I'm still unable to come up with an idea.

Sorry, just check the drop table and how the tiers are defined. The rewards are not total garbage. It is actually a better place to farm relics (except axi relics) since you can easily get to round C. 

But I think more rewards could be added if the gameplay gets more challenging. Right now having no axi relics is reasonable since the game mode is not very hard.

Edited by DevonRayMun
  • Like 1

I think there is a bug, sometimes when I am too far away from a console the sign of it will just disappear on the HUD.

The rewards are truly S#&$ but maybe they will become good once DE starts nerfing rewards in every other mission...

.And it seems like all you're supposed to do in this mission is kill the demolition things. That is kinda terrible gameplay for me.

On 2019-05-24 at 10:01 AM, Milinko said:

From garbage rewards, garbage new mods, garbage mechanics, to garbage enemy types; the new disruption gamemode is just garbage. All in my own opinion this gamemode offers nothing new to the gameloop kill S#&$ fast (oh and anything considered crowd control don't work on those self destructing sanic levels of speed tank god mother truckers) I am sure that many people like the new gamemode but I was honestly was hoping for something that made cc worth it or something consistent or anything really not just mobile defense excavation, with the unique twist of there are enemies who can spawn run straight to the objective are immune to cc take way more damage than any other enemy of the same level and one shot the objective oh boy what a time to be alive.

i dunno, CC would kinda make disruption even more boring, imagine demolyst coming in, instead of you rushing to kill it asap, you just put up a CC skill that anchors down demolyst that takes away any factor that would make disruption a little more challenging than it is currently. Well...unless you like being a human-sentry, then eh, who am I to judge, personally I think that's a boring way to play warframe, we have enough of that in defense and survival and crap. 

I just wish they had made the conduits vulnerable, not only to demolysts but other enemies as well.

As for enemies, yeah, I wish they are a bit more hard-hitting, the Vapos enemies don't really seem to be as strong as normal Crewmen and Moas.

As for rewards, dunno about you but I do love my relics, maybe it's cause I don't have a lot of them despite my, the mods are barely gonna be used though but eh, who cares. 

3 hours ago, SprinKah said:

i dunno, CC would kinda make disruption even more boring, imagine demolyst coming in, instead of you rushing to kill it asap, you just put up a CC skill that anchors down demolyst that takes away any factor that would make disruption a little more challenging than it is currently. Well...unless you like being a human-sentry, then eh, who am I to judge, personally I think that's a boring way to play warframe, we have enough of that in defense and survival and crap. 

Yeah, and imagine a game-mode where at some point, some kind of heavily-armored Nullifier-Wolf with 5 million HP and unpredictable nullifying bubbles rushes the target while you're still surrounded by tons of normal nullifiers, what a fun gamemode that'd be.

Oh wait, that's Disruption

Edit: And the best part, you can't even gear yourself to kill them faster, there are 5 types with all different weaknesses.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

I find the idea of the gamemode fun, but there should to be something in addition the sound to help players find the demolyst(?). With all the other sound effects going on I find it hard to hear the sound early on and those who are deaf or hard of hearing won't really have much help in finding the target in time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

I find the idea of the gamemode fun, but there should to be something in addition the sound to help players find the demolyst(?). With all the other sound effects going on I find it hard to hear the sound early on and those who are deaf or hard of hearing won't really have much help in finding the target in time.

I can't play disruption while watching YouTube 

• Like 1

I don't think it's a bad mode, but needs some work. I just did the 4k endurance with some people and it was manageable, but so far I've found it very confusing.

There needs to be a clear indicator on the screen showing what key you are holding. There is an issue where you will drop a key if you aim your primary weapon, but you might not notice and have to run back for it.

Are there bigger bonuses for activating more than one point at a time?

Where do the demolysts come from? IMO we should be able to see the path they will take towards the objective, or they should be marked when they spawn, because sometimes you find them at the last second. They are completely immune to some forms of CC, Vauban does nothing to them.

with respect to cc, there is one denolyst that seems to be immune to warframe powers.

generally I start off by casting bullet attractor on them which doesn't work on one particular dude.  have to just brute force him with weapons.

also as mentioned,  they have a resistance to cc such that its duration is reduced on them.

overall the gameplay is fun fire me,  I've been using mag trying to go for long runs.  haven't gotten too far because teammates always holding me back 😛

• Like 1

👎

I like the game mode. The rewards aren't great, but the pressure to find and take down the demolysts makes it fun.
I just wish there were fewer actual nullifiers, so we could more easily remove the trash mobs while hunting the demolysts.

I kinda like not being able to spam my abilities in this mission... Maybe its just me. But there's an actual fear of " oh crap oh crap oh crap" cause i cant stop them with my bastille and or vortex etc lol.

what needs to change is them blowing up the thing in 1 go. It should take atleast 2-3 and the mobs should actually deal damage to the node not just stop you.

This is where abilites should come into play. The mobs. They get overwhelming and they can prevent you from taking down a fast high damage hard to kill target. And THIS is where the gear check needs to come into play. Some weapons will outperform others obviously. But working on your builds and rivens(if you got em) helps a lot. I feel like we're in an age where everyone just dies and whines when they can't use abilities because they can't build a gun right or actually shoot/swing a sword or actually build their frame for mild tankiness or survivability. Nope all mah deeps is more important :/. Not that I'm calling anyone out here of course.

I just feel like this game mode calls for both ability checks and gear checks and I'm actually glad its not just a sit in a room and hide for 30-1hr before the fun begins or get to round XX. Its refreshing.

The rewards could be better honestly they could. But this a complaint in most game modes I agree with this.

The indicator for the CT's? Is it? Or Demo people is not good enough. The noise is solid but it gets easy to predict where the come from so you can hear it lil easier. But they need a solid lil marker. And the keys for the love of god. I'm color blind so I'm trying match symbols and they just disapear so I'm like. Great light blue and white look the same and red I can't see in AOE I'm always screaming for the dark blue key because I can see it lmao. Though I've noticed they have their own shapes on the physical key so I'm trying to get used to that atleast..

TLDR.

Game mode is fun. Needs tweaks better rewards.

Better key indication (color?), better Demo indication Markers needed.

Demo's 2-3 need to destroy objective. And enemies damaging objective is a need. Make it more scarier.

Abilities yes to mobs no for demos Gear checks are in order for those. skill spam creep is getting too much in the game IMO.

• Like 2