Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.0.6

[DE]Megan

16 minutes ago, -Antares- said:

So... No banning Loki abusers? No wiping leaderboard?

Abuse? ABUSE?! That's his freaking ability used as intended! It would be abuse if people use a bug, but this is using mechanics of the game as intended! Pits kill mobs, Loki teleports stuff around. Of course people will drop these fat guys off the map on sight with Loki! Why wouldn't they? Especially when you literally playing on the platform floating over bottomless pit. Dropping stuff into it only makes sense. In fact it doesn't make sense when it crawls back.

Well, I completely expected this, though. It makes getting rid of demolysts a little bit too easy. Not like it suddenly became hard. You still can switch-teleport them as far back as you wish every time they come too close. It's just not an instant kill anymore.

15 minutes ago, -Antares- said:

That's kinda obvious decision to wipe records and ban abusers, isn't it? Fair players will never be able to score like this, so the leaderboard is nothing but a top tier of cheaters lmao. No reason to think about punishment.

The thing is figuring out how much can a fair player actually score, and wether a thing is clear abuse (such as instakill with negative crit damage) or looks just innocent enough to look like it's just smart play (killing with pits).  

Then decide what to do in all cases, and how to do it. Maybe the loki trick might not warrant a ban and just revert to the player's score without it, maybe it's worth a full ban. Do they nuke the clan's entire score to zero? Or do they just remove the cheating player's score from the calculation? What of the cheat was used but the score is well within reason, like 4k? That shows they did it on accident.

Using snap punishments never ends well.

(And I personally think leaderboards are dumb but I know some people find then important, but they're not more important than not punishing the innocent)

How about adding gore support to new amalgam enemies, since they seem to be incapable of being dismembered? (rigorously tested via various slash weapons in the simulacrum) Other things I noticed were the fact the Amalgam Ripkas mod's gore chance seems to be a bit buggy as to whether or not it wants to work.

So, when is Hall of Mirrors going to interact with speargun alt-fire and quanta alt-fire?
How about multishot having any affect on speargun alt-fire?

I've tested both of these, and if I have to test them again while recording and make a thread about it, I will.

Multishot on spearguns has no effect on the damage the alt-fire does, even if it shows higher damage values in the UI, actual usage proves otherwise.
As far as Hall of Mirrors goes, well, it's simply a matter of non-functionality. Mirror clones spears will not impact anything despite being thrown. And as for the quanta, it just doesn't even work outright.

Another problem, a big one? Manual blocking when we have a primary and/or secondary. We need manual blocking WITH other weapons equipped, say you have a rhino or a nezha, you want to be able to use guardian derision to be 'SHOOT AT ME HAHAHA FEED ME BULLETS' for a better iron skin or warding halo, but you've taken away that choice and made it for us. People like freedom, ya know?

cyanex needs a utility buff. it has too many drawbacks. tiny mag, long reload, slow fire rate and the wild inaccurracy that makes it look and feel awkward to use despite the homing. not to mention its low dmg as well. please at least pick 1 or 2 stats and buff.

i love that it feels a bit like halos needler, so i would personally pick fire rate and mag size to buff. a short explosion delay (like the needler) would be sick if we can give cyanex further buffs:)

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Reduced Melee FX light intensity

"There's been some negative feedback about the new melee system, a lot of players don't like the loss of quick melee's mobility or equipped melee's manual blocking."

"Has there been any positive feedback?" 

"Well, several people have complimented the new weapon effects we implem--"

*Pumpkinhead bursts out of the closet and begins devouring reams of FX data*

"Damn this curse! I should have never run over Lance Henriksen's son with that dirtbike!"

Good. What will happen to those of us who didn't do any exploits, but may or may not be in a clan with people who did? That's not me being nonchalant it's me literally having no idea what other people do because I mostly solo. Sure would suck if the rotten grapes spoil the bunch. 

Maybe you should start doing a PTS, too!?     /s   xD

27 minutes ago, -Antares- said:

That's kinda obvious decision to wipe records and ban abusers, isn't it? Fair players will never be able to score like this, so the leaderboard is nothing but a top tier of cheaters lmao. No reason to think about punishment.

Ban the Abusers?
I'm sure that Loki thingy neither can be considered as a ban reason nor an exploit due to the fact it is a gameplay mechanic.
Just as you can teleport some bosses with Loki, being able to teleport demolysts out of the map shouldn't result in a ban but a leaderboards reset.

Very glad to hear this:

This issue specifically was wrongly overused in Operation: Hostile Mergers to gain a Leaderboard advantage. We’ll have more information soon that will speak to our action plans regarding the Leaderboards.

22 minutes ago, -TSA-MightyFi said:

Could never imagine that the use of Loki's 3 could be wrong. Ok, steal other people seats is a no-no, but... Oh, that thing reminds me of the Lion King. Ok, no questions anymore.

any other time using Loki to throw units off the map would be fine the game kills they so you aren't actually killing them, but during the event where you are suppose to kill the enemies.

Its baffling to see how you even expect people to go past the lvl 100 mark with demos like this. Please fix all the exploits in the game , then maybe 6k will be the top of the leaderboards with differences of 3-4 points between players. If you want this totally vanilla game play with no bugs/exploits/tactics then I guess 4 Chromas with rubicos DPSing a single demolyst together is the best outcome and god forbid its a Moa. Quite a shame really fixing exploits in the middle of the event , its truly unfair to see the leaderboards not wiped but they really dont mean much considering we probably arent getting anymore after this event (and if you are thinking of making more leaderboard events... Just dont okay?). Putting that 4 hour run down myself wasnt easy but people make you really think like you didnt do much in 4 hours due to ExPlOitZ. And if I get banned tommorow for w/e reason Im alright with it. its a small price to pay for salvation.
And before you say im defending my score , yeah i kinda am but im also pointing out that I dont want another score of mine or anyone elses to be in this game any more , leader boards are a joke.

Casual.G

6 minutes ago, -CM-Stormxdragon said:

Up to a point yeh its hard to tell if someones exploiting but some scores are just blatant obvious cheating, and those guys ought be unconditionally banned since you don't get a score like that without knowingly abusing a mechanic. 

If they used negative crit then it's an abuse of a bug. However, when mechanic of the game works as... indended? It is not even remotely is cheating or abuse. It's well known mechanic of the game. The fact that it wasn't blocked from start is DE's own issue. It's not like they don't have a list of mechanics which shouldn't work on important mobs. They blocked it on Wolf's puppies, for example. You can throw them off the map, but they crawl back. Why they didn't do so for Demolysts is just odd. It was obvious that people will try it since it's the best way to do it.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Storm said:

-snip-

I got to 7k so, I dunno, I was a chromebook mesa. (Read as weapon jamming + shattershield) Like it's totally possible to get higher than 6k, it's just a matter of damage boosts and DPS, we had two wisps and an equinox so yeah. I dunno, I think it's totally possible to even get to maybe 10k if you have stupid enough rivens on the right weapons with the right kind of damage output going and enough damage buff stacking.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Loki being able to Switch Teleport enemy Demolysts/VIPs into pits and kill them instantly. VIPs are now teleported to safety if placed into a pit.
    • This issue specifically was wrongly overused in Operation: Hostile Mergers to gain a Leaderboard advantage. We’ll have more information soon that will speak to our action plans regarding the Leaderboards.

Not everyone who played Loki cheesed it. Don't take my hard-won 20k+ away from me just because I happened to get into a squad of like-minded sneaky bois.

If you're going to neuter the top of the leaderboards based on frame choices and the possibility they used that issue to their advantage, for God's sake make the threshold you're cutting off 30k or higher as people have definitively been capable of making that with standard play (I switch teleported them back to buy time, not into pits!)

Just now, Krylia_Viru said:

I got to 7k so, I dunno, I was a chromebook mesa. (Read as weapon jamming + shattershield) Like it's totally possible to get higher than 6k, it's just a matter of damage boosts and DPS, we had two wisps and an equinox so yeah. I dunno man.

Im just saying scores like these will be the highest not saying that it had to be 6k with barely much difference between the top scorers, yeah its totally possible but if you know how the scaling in the game is , eventually demos will be unkillable without a full squads focus on a single target.

Archived