Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trans Pride Flag Palette for Pride?

DoctorRegulus

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

*snip*

Pandering only leads to division, to segregation, and to fighting. Current political pandering in the UK has led to just this between the LGBTQ+ community and certain religious groups. (Lol @ them trying to force two opposites together.)

Better to pander to no one unless it's something that effects everyone regardless of their race, gender, or religious leaning--hence why DE got involved with the Cancer support stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

You don't actually respond to any of my comment other than this and the anime girl thing so I guess this is all I have left to respond to:

Many trans people commit suicide because they aren't accepted by people they know, even if they are able to successfully transition. Acceptance and representation is very important to LGBT/trans people looking for progress.

Again, you didn't actually respond to this point, but how is it a "me, me, me" scenario if nobody else is being affected negatively? You haven't told me why DE accepting trans people affects you in any way other than by knowing that they have done so. I really want to know why DE taking any amount of time to acknowledge trans people is going to affect you in any negative way whatsoever. They clearly wouldn't be addressing you.

This is amazing, you've actually used more space for defending the use of anime girls in an argument involving human rights, than you've used on addressing the argument, and you didn't even properly address why you feel you must put anime girls in your posts. Please, all I want to know is why an anime girl is an important component of why trans people shouldn't be directly acknowledged by DE. I really don't understand.

Well yeah, I've made my point and your argument boiled down to you wanting DE's recognition instead of what people have given you cause apparently fellow player's take on trans/ LGBT rights doesn't matter. I.e. your argument points to LGBT suicide rate being high because they're selective in who they want to feel acceptance from(?), which is presumptuous as heck on your end.

And if DE taking any time to acknowledge trans people then that automatically means they're addressing you personally? I thought the idea was for the trans/ LGBT group and not you alone. Are really you only doing this for your own self gratification?

Again, I've made my point prior yet you keep on scoffing at my points all the same and only accept answers you like. Again, cite your need for DE to acknowledge you instead of accepting others' acceptance. I got trans friends irl and NONE of them are come off as needy as you are, if they have inner issues they spill to me and our mates like any other people. But sure, lets belittle the points I made and only focus on the anime girl to derail from your lack of valid counterargument that adds to substantive  trans/ LGBT rights.

I never said there's a correlation between the anime girl as emote to express my stance on your argument to your stand on the matter, that's your own sad attempt on derailing the conversation cause you can't come up with a good counterargument for your stand on the matter.

So yeah, lets pretend I never gave you multiple overlong responses detailing why your arguments are pretty much moot point that boils down to you wanting to feel right instead of representing your believe all the while playing victim.

You're just pandering at this point lad.

Edited by Tsardova

3 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Pandering only leads to division, to segregation, and to fighting. Current political pandering in the UK has led to just this between the LGBTQ+ community and certain religious groups. (Lol @ them trying to force two opposites together.)

Better to pander to no one unless it's something that effects everyone regardless of their race, gender, or religious leaning--hence why DE got involved with the Cancer support stuff.

Fianlly, somebody who speaks my language 

hace 11 horas, Uan91 dijo:

There are so many ways to give voice at your pride, why choose a game of ninja slaughters with no gender? Also devs have enough work to do, also this is a topic that can lead to flame, so no.

"...with no gender."

But a whole controversy about Nezha for years.

Coherence is overrated 

I don't think DE wants to risk getting into trouble with counties that have anti 'LGBT propaganda' laws.

Besides, LGBT folk are free to organize a Pride event themselves if they want to. You know, having everyone wear rainbow colors or something. Begging the devs to make a bold statement about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the game is rather silly.

9 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Planet Side 2 has a lgbtq flag and it's been forgotten about as quick as it came. And that flag of FAR more on your face when someone kills you. 

So no, a color palette won't "lead" to anything but a few bigots getting their jimmies rustled for a weekend. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about the LGBTQ issue, I don't like how gamers feel they can infinge on DEs rights in their own game. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Personally, I couldn't care less about the LGBTQ issue, I don't like how gamers feel they can infinge on DEs rights in their own game. 

Exactly. DE has the right to not add one, and hasn't added one, choosing instead to remain respectfully neutral.

• Like 1

But...why?

I think it is great to celebrate certain things in real life, but I don't think it is necessary to reference them directly in fictional games. This would end up being a slippery slope. Should we also have cosmetics tied to Black History month? Women's International day? How does this add anything to the game? DE doesn't discriminate against the LGBTQ community, so why should they go in the opposite direction and show special treatment toward one group?

There will always be something that offends someone. Anything nowadays can be offensive to anyone. In whatever area we come from, we all share the same fact. We are all human. We live and breathe and we die. We may not all share the same religious, political and personal stances, but in the end we all bleed the same. If someone wants to be recognized for something, why is that really? 

28 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Again, cite your need for DE to acknowledge you instead of accepting others' acceptance.

Exactly. It's all about dat speshul Validation If you feel you need validation from a corporation or company, you...really have issues.

Meanwhile my Trans friend took one look a this thread and is trying not to seizure from all the bullS#&$. You don't need special treatment. They CERTAINLY don't want special treatment. It's that want for special treatment that has led to them garnering so much hate and attention, yet those outside of the attention seekers just want to live their damn lives in peace and be treated equally. My friend is sick of it, and I'm not surprised.

You want validation? Validate yourself. Support yourself, your friends, and go out there and support your movement. You don't need a company or corporation--especially above all else the #*!%ing media--to hold your hand.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sniga said:

michael jackson popcorn GIF

Boi you should see the other half of this xD. Ced's post about "Brands during Pride month" is everywhere in lgbt circles and happens about every year. While people put on parades and large companies show love and support. Online groups are like 'Nah we know you're just faking it.' and everyone else is like 'Nah, nah we do. We just treat everyone like this'. This is like Mother's day an inconsolable mother "shut up and take my love!". Then, Then! Threads like this happen asking or wondering where the representation flag is for this product/company/item. You got to sit there like:

giphy.gif

Just waiting for the other side to kick in the door with how you're exploiting Pride for some sort of "capitalist gain". This is a thriller!

20 minutes ago, Asphyxiants said:

Jesus Christ, liberals are insufferable.

So what's considered the insufferable "liberal" stance? Those denying DEs freedom of speech or those asking for inclusion?

Lol at this being a political issue. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

There will always be something that offends someone. Anything nowadays can be offensive to anyone. In whatever area we come from, we all share the same fact. We are all human. We live and breathe and we die. We may not all share the same religious, political and personal stances, but in the end we all bleed the same. If someone wants to be recognized for something, why is that really? 

Because why would you like to be recognized because you like man,... 

If you where a war veteran that figthed for the country then I could understand 

But being admired and recognized just because you are trans? 

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So what's considered the insufferable "liberal" stance? Those denying DEs freedom of speech or those asking for inclusion?

Lol at this being a political issue. 

DE: We want our game to remain neutral 🙂

Ppl in this thread: !!!!UN!!ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! HOW DARE!!! YOU NOT!!! ACKNOWLEDGE MEE!!!!!! REEEEEE--

Everyone else: *uses already existing colors in-game to celebrate Pride* Can we just play the game and look fabulous please?

Edited by Numerikuu

il y a 46 minutes, YUNoJump a dit :

Many trans people commit suicide because they aren't accepted by people they know, even if they are able to successfully transition. Acceptance and representation is very important to LGBT/trans people looking for progress.

Such bullS#&$. I have suicidal tendencies, but you know what ? It's my god damn problem. Go see a psychologist or something.

So any trans should get an overwhelming amount of attention because... ? They're trans ? No, they're people like anyone else, and don't deserve any more or any less.

What even is this mentality ? There is a pride MONTH, how much more accepted do you need to be ? It's victimisation glorification at this point, just stop this nonsense favoritism.

And don't pull the "many people are still intolérant" card. There are always gonna be dbags everywhere. I don't need to take it up the arse to know I'm gonna get messed up in some parts of town, that's juste how it's always gonna be. But in "north countries", there is equal rights, that's just a fact. But by playing the victim and asking for favors at every corner, you're just being a nuisance. 

Not responding to the op here, and I have nothing against trans or any other group, I am simply FOR equality, which you're destroying by preaching favorising a group over another, that's discrimination in my book.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, -Bigchungus- said:

Cause it's BrAVERy for CoMinG OuT

2 minutes ago, -Bigchungus- said:

It was a general statement about why people feel the need to be recognized for anything. It usually deals with the insecurity revolving around what they want to be recognized for. Anyone who truly wants recognition for something usually wants to just be recognized for what they accomplished, or believe in so they can feel accepted among the majority. You don't need to be recognized to be prideful of something, if you did, then you wouldn't have any true pride in what you were wanting to be recognized for. 

6 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

DE: We want our game to remain neutral 🙂

Ppl in this thread: !!!!UN!!ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! HOW DARE!!! YOU NOT!!! ACKNOWLEDGE MEE!!!!!! REEEEEE--

Everyone else: *uses already existing colors in-game to celebrate Pride* Can we just play the game and look fabulous please?

I don't think I've read an opinion stating that DE HAS to add a lgbtq pallette... More so people losing their minds at the idea of DE doing so. Opinions balking at the audacity of even asking DE to represent their harmless community

12 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Why?

Especially since they have never been apolitical before. Also, how are human rights controversial?

We have color palletes Easter. As a member of the Satanic Temple I personally find this controversial and displeasing.

True knowledge takes work and strength. It is something one finds, rather than something handed to you. Doubt everything, and avoid dogma. Truth describes how the world truly is, how we would like it to be. Be wary of shallow emotional wants; all too often they are satisfied only at the expense of truth.

This is the third opening statement, or belief in the satanic bible.

“Be wary of shallow emotional wants.”
Edited by RAVENSOFT