Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.1.1

[DE]Megan

vor 2 Stunden schrieb _Connor:

Not swept under the rug. De have stated multiple times that this is how loot frame abilities work now. What news are you expecting?

Last Devstream Steve said that they will further look into it but all we have is radio silence since then. And DE literally tried to hide the nerf in the fixes.

Also had a loading... bug on relic menu. Couldn't select any relics and it defaulted to mine. Didn't even know what I got because it as "loading" until after mission ended. Pretty frustrating since everyone else selected the better rewards.

@ReyaXZy I'm still waiting for Tennogen to even show up for me. Everything is there in the game files, why does it have to be completely HIDDEN FROM VIEW unless you launch through Steam? Whoever thought of that seriously needs to learn that hiding things just because you can't purchase them is not the way to go. For me, this whole 25.1.x line doesn't even make sense for just fixes and a few (minor) UI updates. There's even a whole (Empty) section in the marketplace for all of the Tennogen to go, but because I don't launch through Steam it just goes unused. ... WHY?!?!?!

Regarding the Relic UI changes. Still missing a vaulted status icon on the pieces and relics (That's NOT Hidden behind mouseovers and TAB MENUS). Still missing RARITY COLORS on the names of the rewards (For clarity sake). Still missing Mastery indicator for weapons we've already mastered on pieces. Still missing the names of who provided WHAT reward (So we know who's getting the bonus traces, etc.) The amount of dead space on the reward screen is ridiculous. Why did the icons for relic rewards have to become so, so tiny compared to the previous UI?

@SephirothWS Well, they literally can't sell you tennogen items on PC outside of Steam, so even if it show up you won't be able to buy it. As I understand they got themself into an agreement with Valve since they are using their workshop for tennogen they have to sell it through Steam and through Steam alone. Something dumb like that. There are not even much revenue for actual authors (or so I heard, I don't really know).. So... if you want to buy any Tennogen on PC you have to install Steam, install Warframe through Steam and run it this way. You can use the same profile you are using right now, though. You don't have to register a new one. But you may have to link your Steam account to your account on warframe.com. There is a simple link in your account which you have to click and login through Steam.

On the bright side regional prices do apply to tennogen. Well, same as to plat on warframe.com. For example, for me pretty much any item there cost about $1⅓.

To address all the Nitain whine. Come on, people, do your own research. Nightwave is not the only way to get Nitain and there is quite reliable way to get as much as you want even if a little bit grindy and boring. Even with not terribly bad drop chance, btw.

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. I hope Nightwave season 2 is close. I feel really bad for new players who need Nitain Extract and Aura Mods while we are in this limbo of a lack of alerts/Nightwave.

18 hours ago, viaxon6 said:

Come on, give us SOMETHING to replace nitain alerts at least.

I've been waiting to build Wisp for daaaaays, but i can't..

18 hours ago, 0bliterationStation said:

Still nothing to address the Nitain Extract issue? I guess I'll just keep grinding for the 1% drop chance? I'm glad UI changes and cosmetics are taking higher priority over being able to craft items...

18 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Thanks for the update, but how about giving us some Nitain?

17 hours ago, Lord-Neox said:

Not that I'm super impatient or anything, but is Nightwave 2 ever going to actually start? Some of us need some serious nitain...

16 hours ago, Gekkojo said:

- still need a lot of nitain for clan research

9 hours ago, ThaDruidBoiii said:

I need NITAIN!!!!!!!! xD

8 hours ago, Abradon96 said:

PLZ NITAIN

With the output of night wave I wonder when they offered ways to farm Nitain extract as it is frustrating not to find this component in any part of the game I can not even feed it being important even to manufacture the new warframe.

1 hour ago, slotschii said:

you can't buy nitain. and no, buying the frame is not an option if they could just give us an option to get nitain again...

You can get Nitain from these annoying Ghoul alerts. So, we are not left out of it entirely. This alert were up at least twice already. Yes, everyone hate it because it seems pretty much useless, but apparently it isn't entirely useless. You can start either one out of two Ghoul bounties and it may drop after 4rd and 5th (final) missions with 4.12% and 5.95% chance respectively. Not much, but not really hard and you can do it every time alert is up, and repeat as long as alert is up and it's up for at least a day and appears almost every week. In fact you usually can't get Nitain in Nightwave immediately and limited by amount of creds and you may not even get creds until next week due to not enough affinity points.

17 hours ago, xBallistix said:

True. I just bought Vauban Prime Set and now I need 20 Nitain Extract with no reliable/efficient way to farm them.

15 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

- Nitain being locked behind Nightwave credits and a very unreliable reward system (Sabotage & Cetus Bounty, the latter only when Ghouls are present).

Not sure, but two rolls ~5% each in alert which pops up almost every week (and which already popped up at least twice) seems quite reliable... well, at least to me. Not very efficient, but not limited by amount of credits you can get per week eaither. In fact Nighwave is LESS reliable at that until you finish first 30 ranks.

Hey, I do agree that Nighwave is at least more rewarding than this and DE really has to prepare Season 2 launch at all platforms in advance to avoid this tremendous downtime, but it isn't some trash with 1% and less drop chance as other sources in the game.

29 minutes ago, lainverse said:

@SephirothWS Well, they literally can't sell you tennogen items on PC outside of Steam,

Still doesn't explain why the section sits there EMPTY otherwise. We can't even browse, preview, etc without installing a SECOND copy of the game (Which I don't want to do due to limited hard drive space). So again, to me calling this a "minor" update instead of just a hotfix, ... doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Still doesn't explain why the section sits there EMPTY otherwise. We can't even browse, preview, etc without installing a SECOND copy of the game (Which I don't want to do due to limited hard drive space).

Well, you don't have to keep two copies. You can run Steam version without Steam. You just have to make direct link to the launcher on your desktop with some extra parameters. Like this one to link it to Discord: [wherever your Steam folder is]\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe -cluster:public -registry:Discord

I do agree that empty sections are kind of dumb, though.

1 minute ago, lainverse said:

You can run Steam version without Steam.

So you're telling me I can run this "Steam version" without Steam running at all? Then do tell how can I convert my existing install to a "steam install" so I don't have to wait 48 hours for my 6mbps connection to redownload the entire game. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, lainverse said:

seems quite reliable to me.

Bolded for needed emphasis. To a lot other people, it's very unreliable and requires a substantial amount of grind just to get 1 Nitain.

26 minutes ago, lainverse said:

Not very efficient

That's an understatement.

28 minutes ago, lainverse said:

In fact Nighwave is LESS reliable at that until you finish first 30 ranks.

The first time you got Wolf credits, you could immediately spend them on 10 Nitain. IIRC that was at Rank 4 or 6.

Hey - got a wild idea...bring old alerts back! You had 4 guaranteed shots at getting Nitain every day.  That was pretty reliable!

1 hour ago, SephirothWS said:

So you're telling me I can run this "Steam version" without Steam running at all? Then do tell how can I convert my existing install to a "steam install" so I don't have to wait 48 hours for my 6mbps connection to redownload the entire game. Thanks.

Well, there is a way, but you still need ~30 Gb of disk space for this trick to work (you can free them up right after) and may have to re-download some parts as I know. And it require some time to finish. Not entirely sure it will work either.

1. Start installation in Steam (it will create empty files the size of the game).

2. Click DOWNLOAD at the buttom in the Steam client and click Pause there and click X button (Remove) next to download so it won't continue.

3. Go to \Steam\steamapps\downloading and remove whatever files Steam created there.

4. Copy your game folder to \Steam\steamapps\common and rename it to "Warframe" (w/o quote marks, ofc.) Make sure it's a game folder (there should be at least Cache.Windows, Lotus and Tools folders in it). That's to avoid problems if Steam decide to re-download everything. It will be easy to cancel and just keep using non-Steam version.

5. Now rightclick on the game in the Steam Client and select Properties.

6. Select tab Local Files and click "Verify integrity of game files.." button there.

Steam should check content of the game folder and start re-downloading different files. Look how much it want to download in the same DOWNLOAD section of the Steam Client. Stop it if it's too much. Since minor updates are usually downloaded separately it should consider all big game files in a proper shape. That is unless DE forgot to update whatever they uploaded to Steam to at least 25.0.0. Actually, not even sure if steam downloads anything to Cache.Windows.

7. Wait for Steam to finish sync and run launcher.

8. Click on gear icon in the tor-right corner of the launcher and click "Verify" there to make sure all files are still in the proper shape.

9. Delete your non-Steam game client after that.

20 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

The first time you got Wolf credits, you could immediately spend them on 10 Nitain. IIRC that was at Rank 4 or 6.

Well, that is if you reach that rank in the first week. Otherwise sit patiently and wait for the next week.

20 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Hey - got a wild idea...bring old alerts back! You had 4 guaranteed shots at getting Nitain every day.  That was pretty reliable!

Well, that's true. Got all my Nitain this way. Requires you to keep your eye on the app and play wherever it pop ups or just play few hours straight, though. Not very comfortable, to be honest. Just nowhere as grindy as Ghouls.

Can we please get normal alerts back until Nightwave season 2 is here? There needs to be something in between seasons so that players can get stuff like Vauban parts, Nitain, helmets, etc until the next season. Currently, there is a draught and it is really annoying for players who can't get Nitain reliably because the only main ways to farm Nitain are reactor sabotage with an incredibly low drop rate (this also needs to be changed to be much higher) and Ghoul bounties. 

58 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Bolded for needed emphasis. To a lot other people, it's very unreliable and requires a substantial amount of grind just to get 1 Nitain.

That's an understatement.

I do agree that it's on a grindy side, but, once again, you get two shots on it in very easy bounty ~5% each which is quite doable without going crazy. Quite annoying to do, but not hard at all even if you use Ember with World of Fire to kill stuff. And you usually don't need much of it at once either except for clan research and darn Vauban Prime. Most of the prime stuff need up to 5 max.

28 minutes ago, Trizion said:

and Ghoul bounties. 

Well, they work. Grindy, but drop chance is not as incredibly low as anywhere else and you get two shots per bounty. Quite doable I'd say. And you don't need A LOT at once in most cases (usually it's 2~5 except for clan research and Vauban Prime).

And Vauban parts... he's quite weak frame, so it's fine to leave him for later when next nightwave come up.

17 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Ghoul Bountys still force an inbox message:

Those email messages replace the "Delete this message" with a "Delete all Messages" button.  I'm pretty sure they count on those to trick people into deleting their inboxes to clear up database space.

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Pax Seeker bolts appearing default Energy colour for Clients.

Great, one down, dozens to go. Keep up the good work but at this speed you'll have fixed all of those client side colour bugs by 2021.

Still no fix for the Ocucor tracking not working anymore with range mods.

Is there any work on Fixing the lighting "bug" in Orb vallis? Some Players just have a bright screen after leaving Caves or Buildings. It seems like the lighting does not adapt to the Environment properly (as it usually does). No Settings in Options seem to fix this…  I mean if it is a bug, please fix it! If it has something to do with specific devices, it would be good to know 🙂

Thanks!

Can we get an official english translation for the [DE] Kanna post?

Google is kind enough to translate, but choppy at best.  The gist seems to be "we don't have enough time before Tennocon to release the thing proper, so we're doing an abbreviated version with additional rewards to make up for the fact that alerts are still not back."  

It seems like you've adopted a more broken system to replace alerts, and from there are bent on not admitting the  issue.  From consumer to supplier, how about just tossing in some long form (24-48 hour) alerts with reward packs that are substantial?  No new programming or listening to Nora for another painful grind, just activities to bring players back to the game each day.

5 hours ago, lainverse said:

To address all the Nitain whine. Come on, people, do your own research. Nightwave is not the only way to get Nitain and there is quite reliable way to get as much as you want even if a little bit grindy and boring. Even with not terribly bad drop chance, btw.

You can get Nitain from these annoying Ghoul alerts. So, we are not left out of it entirely. This alert were up at least twice already. Yes, everyone hate it because it seems pretty much useless, but apparently it isn't entirely useless. You can start either one out of two Ghoul bounties and it may drop after 4rd and 5th (final) missions with 4.12% and 5.95% chance respectively. Not much, but not really hard and you can do it every time alert is up, and repeat as long as alert is up and it's up for at least a day and appears almost every week. In fact you usually can't get Nitain in Nightwave immediately and limited by amount of creds and you may not even get creds until next week due to not enough affinity points.

Not sure, but two rolls ~5% each in alert which pops up almost every week (and which already popped up at least twice) seems quite reliable... well, at least to me. Not very efficient, but not limited by amount of credits you can get per week eaither. In fact Nighwave is LESS reliable at that until you finish first 30 ranks.

Hey, I do agree that Nighwave is at least more rewarding than this and DE really has to prepare Season 2 launch at all platforms in advance to avoid this tremendous downtime, but it isn't some trash with 1% and less drop chance as other sources in the game.

Ghoul bountie has 90% of NOT dropping nitain. Meaning that you have to do it like, what, 10 times to get maybe one? 

Two hours of farming. For ONE nitain. And it's unavaible right now anyways.

5 hours ago, lainverse said:

Seems like you have no clue at all been grinding all that and nothing yet so good luck with you're grind where you get nothing that looks or is called Nitain

On 2019-05-08 at 3:08 PM, -STR-ChainWarden said:

Great !

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. I hope Nightwave season 2 is close. I feel really bad for new players who need Nitain Extract and Aura Mods while we are in this limbo of a lack of alerts/Nightwave.

Archived