The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Submersible? Seriously?

topsicles

36 minutes ago, topsicles said:

It's just that, to me, the archwing experience is so less dynamic that the on the ground missions. 

It would be hard to be dynamic, flight mechanis of any game doesnt... give that much, look at Ace Combat, it has more actions than here, but its still the same thing, it will never have the same level of dynamic as a ground combat game with cover, trick shots, better positioning, etc. With the previews we had of Railjack, we could have that. But I would keep the expectations low.

37 minutes ago, topsicles said:

Also, archwing has this weird unseen edge of map thing. You hit this invisible wall. Not intuitive.

That is just for the "Trech Runs" of Corpus Shipwrecks, if I remember correctly.

The Grineer ones you are told that you are leaving the mission space and will be extracted.

38 minutes ago, topsicles said:

n regular missions you see the wall, an actual wall, and the jumping still gives a nice 'I am in a 3d space' feel.

Again, that is a failling of the any flight mechanic or game. That would just be a matter of taste.

39 minutes ago, topsicles said:

And the arbitrary 'do x and y and z' to hit the next junction. What is that about?

Requirements to unlock the next planet, thats all.

I think archwing got a lot more fun for me when I got better weapons and mods. (Especially getting the Fluctus.)

If you don't invest in building up the archwing, it's like taking an unmodded MK-1 Braton to Eris and saying rifles are bad weapons. (loose illustration)

The controls aren't great... I wish there were some options that don't currently exist, or are hard to intuitively use. A method to return to default orientation would be great, for instance.

I personally love Archwing, but it gets the short end of the stick 99/100 times. There's almost no content for it, the default movement is borked (seriously, who thinks camera-based momentum is intuitive or fun?) and the experimental flight mode doesn't work on Plains/Vallis, and it runs off a completely different set of mods. I remember when I started playing that Archwing was the thing I worked towards, but when I got there I realised it had no love from the devs, and hasn't for years now. Hopefully Railjack/Empyrean will end that streak.

Ignore the "Deal with it" posting. They're defending the content because it's part of Warframe as opposed to any particular merits the content has. The Warframe defense force is allergic to people who don't like every part of the game.

Yes. Underwater Archwing is pretty grating. It isn't fun. My honest recommendation is to just do as I did myself - smash through all of those missions at once. Complete every node on Uranus and complete any other node with it as fast as possible. Get it out of the way and then ignore it in the future. For your own sake.

Changes to Archwing are coming. It might improve the feel of the gameplay. Until such a time just hang tight and suffer through the slight inconvenience. The parts of the game behind that crap is worth it.

Just now, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I loved the Uranus underwater tilesets. I found then interesting and unique. I found them to be aesthetically pleasing.

Looks great, but the actual underwater Archwing always felt terrible. Like flying in syrup.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

That didn't bother me tbh 

That's cool. It differs from person to person, like just about any other sort of opinion.

Still, even outside of Submersible missions a lot of people have been waiting a long time for Archwing to get further TLC from DE so that the game mode can just feel better. Personally I'm hoping Empyrean is the start of a positive trend for the content. Compared to the other gameplay in Warframe I've always felt Archwing content hasn't felt great. The sole exception being the Open World use of Archwings, where suddenly the Archwing felt great.

Ah, yes. Archwing. I have no idea if anyone enjoys “experimental flight”. One wrong movement and you are cursed to float in a weird axis till the end of a mission. Very disorienting.

I would suggest getting your hands on Amesha ASAP - it is practically unkillable. But it needs a lot of Nitain and rumor is that next Prime will come with Archwing, so building vanilla version may be wasteful.

And yep, I sorta like Archwing. More then Arbitration’s or ESO actually. There is something weirdly amusing in flying like crazy.

Uranus underwater tileset is confusing and tends to bug out from time to time. Still it is beautiful. Those “corals” blown my mind then I understood what they actually are. But I would not dip a finger in those waters on unmodded Odonata. Those sharks are evil.

Don’t swear it off. Someday you may rush down the trench, laughing in Amesha status immunity at slow mines, blasting everything with Fluctus, headbutting walls and listening to Corpus Captain getting desperate ;).

”Interseptors? They are flying past you! Why do they call you Interseptors, if you do not intersept?!”

Edited by rand0mname

14 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Archwing is not good. But the underwater levels are better. Also they are rare to come by.

I disagree.  The underwater sections are worse.  Hazards that are extremely difficult to see, environments that are just overly cluttered and a mess to navigate, worse movement than space...

• Like 1

its an entire universe... we have battles in space soon.

so yes why not underwater.......  big boss underwater fight............ more archwing suits for underwater type of mission

new tile sets,underwater open world

Edited by (PS4)jedion

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I disagree.  The underwater sections are worse.  Hazards that are extremely difficult to see, environments that are just overly cluttered and a mess to navigate, worse movement than space...

Eh.. I like the under water sections because the enemy is easier for me to locate. And they are also beatiful levels.

Also I rarely bump into hazards like the toxic clouds and It's been forever since I met a shark.

5 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Ah, yes. Archwing. I have no idea if anyone enjoys “experimental flight”. One wrong movement and you are cursed to float in a weird axis till the end of a mission. Very disorienting.

Actually, experimental flight is significantly better than the normal controls (and most of the people who play Archwing would agree with me), but it doesn't work on Plains/Vallis for some reason (probably because it would obsolete K-Drives instantly, the poor babies). Experimental flight actually stops you when you stop pressing the 'move' button, and if you have trouble dealing with the rotations, it takes about 1.5 seconds of not moving to reset your orientation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, topsicles said:

OK. So I've been playing for a few weeks, nearly MR6, two frames and two more in the foundry.

Great game, but?

I hated Archwing. Still need to get a guildmate to do the Phobos? one with me so I can tick it off.

And now they have this as a mission default on Uranus? Underwater?

What torture is this?

Can I spend 100 plat to just not bother?

use your dodge roll to move faster in the water or get an isatal you know for blink (do so before it is nerfed)

21 hours ago, topsicles said:

Can I spend 100 plat to just not bother?

heh, nope.

funnily enough I think they made the movement a little quicker underwater now, or it feels that way since the last update, but it is still pretty sluggish. best bet is to just wait for Railjack and hope it improves things, like the rest of us. bless DE, they've REALLY tried to make Archwing work, but each venture only makes us hate it more...Railjack is truly make or break, and I don't even wanna think about an even worse incarnation of Archwing...

Le 27/06/2019 à 10:49, topsicles a dit :

Is 'Arrrggghhh!' an appropriate response?

So I get monomaniacal about games. Just came out of 2 years of ESO and this seemed so cool, I unsubed from ESO.

So the theme of the posts I've read is just 'suck it up'.

Which I guess I will do because the rest of the game is so fun.

But do any of you 'love'  archwing? Or do you just tolerate it?

Topsicles

I hate everything they added to the game since, and including, archwing : underwater, cetus, fortuna, new jupiter maps... 🙂 Just focus on what you like.

Archwing is a joke. And a bad one, at that. The premise is good but if you take time to do one of the trench runs currently you will notice all kinds of irregularities with the mission: enemies flying by at exaggerated speeds, glitched spawns and horribly resized enemy models that just look ridiculous when you see them up-close. The gamemode needs massive amounts of work.

On 2019-06-27 at 9:21 AM, JackHargreav said:

Archwing is not good. But the underwater levels are better. Also they are rare to come by.

I wouldn't call it better... They're far too slow... But then again i don't dislike the space ones, like most people, so i guess it's a question of those who don't dislike 6D movement, and those who do.

On 2019-06-27 at 12:33 PM, Firetempest said:

They tossed ideas at it like sharkwing and 6D movement hoping to drum up more interest without the dedication of a ground up rework. And that interest would be used as an excuse to put more effort into it.

But it was always so jaring of a departure from ground combat, and a completely separate mod reward box, it was hard to like.

With Railjack, it might help blend these two worlds together that sharkwing couldn't quite reach. And gave a good reason to work on all the things people typically hate archwing for. But it's still in the air if it will be any good. I don't wish for it's failure... But I'm also not holding my breath. 

Yeah, that's the crux of why Archwing is bad for me... It's not the content itself, its that you only have half a dozen maps, which don't help leveling it up (thank god for the open world areas and infinite launchers + Gravimag, which only leaves archmelee as a pain to level), but there's also the fact that it's magnitudes harder to get the mods for that content... I don't understand, for the life of me why "basic" mods like multi-shot, or power duration have less than 1% drop rates from, most of the time, very specific monsters. I understand their thinking, because, unfortunately, DE has a very basic approach to rewards. They make it that rare to "force" people into playing the content. What they don't realize is that it actually has the opposite effect, because if they can't get basic mods, the archwing content will always lack the "power fantasy" (aka you'll get pummelled to death on mid-high tier levels), which just compounds the dislike.

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 11:43 AM, Kaotyke said:

In perfect honestly, this is what i'm waiting  for too.

Archwing is being required more and more, now with Railjack in the horizon, its even bigger.

I remember when people did the Golem Boss in Eris, those who didnt pimp up their Archwing and farm mods were just destroyed and came here to complain, while I making a run after the other.

OP, if the 6 Field of Movement is not to your liking, there is an option to use the normal 3D movement in the... Options, I think its in Gameplay.

You getting killed easily in it has the same issue of someone going to a high level mission with subpar moded weapons and warframes, nothing of the mode itself. (Yeah, this one is a git gud, there is no way around it.)

You might not like the game mode and that is totaly fine, but you have to expect that you will not do well in any future content that will require it if you keep ignoring it.

We have:

• Fomorians and Razorback;
  • Submersible;
  • Valis and Plains (Segment to fly around);
  • 1 Boss;
  • A Quest part;
  • Archgun on the ground (Segment);
  • And the normal missions.

And what in the near future? Railjack AKA Empyrean Update.

Its not going away, and hopefully will get better with Railjack. So prepare for... unforeseen consequences, Mr. Freeman topsciles.

Half Life 3 confirmed?