Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee options ? ...Please

xXZeplynXx

I have been playing this game for several years, its one of my favorites. i have just over 1100 hours put into this game. but i feel like a cant enjoy the game anymore due to this melee 3.0. just my opinion but i would really like to see the option in game play settings to possibly change between the old and new play style, because im sure im not alone.

i would like to be able to aim glide with my melee out so that i can see where im going lol. if you have a sniper and attempt to aim glide your just zooming into a wall 300 yards out and have no idea where where your actually at in the air.

I would like to be able to block on my own... every time i try to due to muscle memory i just pull out my primary and take all hits to the face instead.

channeling is now an annoyance... pressing the scroll wheel down... come on...

maybe these new controls work for some people, but im sure they dont for some people aswell, especially people like me and many others that have played this game for years. this is why im asking for atleast the option to swap between the old and new format of melee. i hope someone at DE sees this and atleast considers the option. im sure a large portion of the veterans would appriciate it.

i honestly just want to enjoy the gameplay again.
"if it aint broke dont fix it"... just offer an alternative lol

• Like 4

All I can say "$##t in the nutshell will start soon".  So everyone get your helmet strap in and get ready for the fuse to blow either piles animal's poo or either the dev hit the gold mine there for we won't know for sure either they are going pull a really big middle finger on us or either we give praise for good decent balance that no one gotta to whine and b###!h about it.

Anyway I wonder how they are going replace the all that stuff that is in the riven I mean its huge mess to update all those range replacement...actually I don't want to think about it because the dev might kill it.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Channeling on console is laughable.  I dropped Life Strike for that reason alone.

Didn't DE said they are going drop channeling while back?  I just wondering why they are kept channeling when players don't give a rat #$$ about it, to come think about it they change the spot where the channeling button is at to be the middle scroll button for a click...yea I don't think anyone will remember that button there...

Welp not my $##! of problem

Glass-Door-Fail-01.gif

I'm with you on this one, OP, but for a different reasons:

Autoblock is cretinoid in design - I don't need to block to negate knockdowns becase I'm using heavy melee with stances that allow me to IGNORE knockback/knockdown entirely and yet I'm getting put into block animation stagger constantly.

And my biggest gripe with current melee system - right mouse button functions as "aim down sights" now matter what you have in your hands. I'm usually using Galataine/Gram Prime, War or my Heavy blade Zaw with Tempo Royale eqiupped and my preffered combo is August Mesto - the one with the block. Here's the problem - thanks to Berserk I can overshoot and will need to reorient myself or I will stop to use my Irradiating Disarm (yes, Loki here, no I don't run duration invis build), and the moment either of those happen I have primary/secondary in my hands while stil autopilotting so I end up shooting the wall (I'm using LMB for melee when its out). Frustrating AF if you ask me. 

• Like 1

Completely agree OP - being unable to aim-glide with a melee weapon out is extremely annoying. If I wanted to use my gun,I would use my gun. If I wanted to use my blade, I would like to use my blade. The only thing the new melee achieves is turning melee weapons into subordinate to primary weapons instead of equals. It  makes air-melee just a massive chore. 

This is even more annoying on a frame with channeled weapons like Valkyr and Excal. If I have pressed 4, I have pressed 4.If I wanted to put down my exalted blade, I would put down my exalted blade. There is zero reason for the game to do that every time you aim-glide.

Personally i like the new system more.  Its more fluid being able to swap between all my weapons faster.

Hated having to hold triangle for the game to swap to melee so i could use combos.  Was way to clunky and laggy.

I never really block i just dodge and use cover.  So the autoblock is fine to me.

But i don't see why players couldn't have a choice.  Just go in and edit your controls to what you like. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

So the autoblock is fine to me.

The issue with Autoblocking is it will activate even when you don't want it to... say you'te trying to complete a specific combo where at tge end you get a guaranteed proc of some kind..... the autoblock gets in the way of this happening quite often....

And the sad thing is it doesn't work anyway.... enemies have 0 issues killin you through your block. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Hated having to hold triangle for the game to swap to melee so i could use combos.  Was way to clunky and laggy.

To me the animation was just too slow.... simply trippling it would have  helped make it feel more fluid. 

melee was the only thing keeping me playing and its now garbage as it is now, so I haven't fired up the game anymore. DE has finally killed melee because of listening to the wrong set of fans as they have been continually doing for the past 4 yrs. sad thing is none of the changes has made melee any better than 2.0 and nothing will ever top that.

I came back to read forums if they added block option back, and from what i see, i am dissapointed.
I had around 700 hours in this game, played it for several years but the new update made me uninstall it few months ago.
I am not able to enjoy my Valkyr Prime playstyle anymore, because when i am in Hysteria and press the block skill, it change from melee to pistol/sniper and i take damage.
Its not only that, i cannot even make my stance combos properly anymore at 3.00+ attack speed.

I liked this game a lot because of its unique characters / good skins / and combat.
Now i cannot recommend this game to other people anymore, since they butchered the combat-playstyle.

Since they removed the quick melee what I used in all scenarios I just skip the melee as a whole because this combo system is slow and unpredictable.  Few weapons seems okay but a lot weapon have now terrible attack animations. 

The block part is not bothers me because I never used the manual block and this block works if you are in melee mode. 

Hopefully they will play the game and realize this is krap as it is now.  If they enjoy this then the faith lost in them. 

30 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Since they removed the quick melee what I used in all scenarios I just skip the melee as a whole because this combo system is slow and unpredictable.  Few weapons seems okay but a lot weapon have now terrible attack animations. 

The block part is not bothers me because I never used the manual block and this block works if you are in melee mode. 

Hopefully they will play the game and realize this is krap as it is now.  If they enjoy this then the faith lost in them. 

How is it unpredictable?

Same thing happens every time you make the input.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Cubic Clem:

Well it is a toggle on my end.. ô_o

Also, who uses b anymore, rt is way more comfortable..

IDK if it's still a thing but there was a radiobutton to set channeling to a toggle. May be the default with the current setup, with the option removed. I wasn't able to remap channeling so I've remapped melee attack to R1/RB and toggle channeling by pressing R3/Right stick.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

How is it unpredictable?

Same thing happens every time you make the input.

I mean the combos what you are doing. Some which fly through the enemies and the ones which miss a lot or blocks your movement.  In the quick melee you don't have to be worried because the attack animations were the same and you killed them more faster.  

Now if I push the E constantly the combos activates randomly and always that combos which slows down the action.