Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE refuses to help with Nekros Prime Drop, claims its USER FAULT!!!

(PSN)Bigboodyjuudy

Question

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I didn't comment or touch the Stream for the majority of the time I watched. I did get both things - I was marked away/inactive for too long for this to make any difference. 

Interesting. By chance you mind if I ask what add-ons you have on your browser/which browser?

2 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

Interesting. By chance you mind if I ask what add-ons you have on your browser/which browser?

Google Chrome, and no strange add-ons. Just AdBlock and a Trend Toolbar thing (checks websites are safe).

Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

Just now, krc473 said:

Google Chrome, and no strange add-ons. Just AdBlock and a Trend Toolbar thing (checks websites are safe).

Running Firefox with uBlock and Noscript myself, so I'm wondering now if one of the addons might be causing a problem. Strange though that I would get the ephemera but not the Nekros, and also not have problems with other Twitch drops from devstreams. Thanks dude!

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Or he didn't properly link his accounts...

Which I included under lying.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

He doesn't need to find anything.
Support told him that there is nothing in the logs of him being eligible for the drop.
Even if he finds "proof", they still have to double check with the logs.
The case is closed.

DE support told them that there's nothing in their logs, Twitch may have a different log. Obliviously it's not going to help 100% but it may be able to show that an error in a system occurred. Either way I thought I'd give OP more than the "liar liar pants on fire" response 

1 minute ago, Giantconch said:

Running Firefox with uBlock and Noscript myself, so I'm wondering now if one of the addons might be causing a problem. Strange though that I would get the ephemera but not the Nekros, and also not have problems with other Twitch drops from devstreams. Thanks dude!

I too run Firefox with UBlock. I received the Ephemera at about 1200 Hrs EST during the event, and Nekros the following day (Sunday).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32844a51822c982ahttps://imgur.com/a/kBYeztr[/img] 

I honestly expected better from DE and support. Sat up all night watching the entire stream, got the ephemera drop aswell so its not a problem with my account being linked. Why cant DE just admit they f-ed up!

Is it possible YOU F-ed up by not linking your accounts on time? Just asking..... I know how it is to realise one screwed up, and having to face the consequences. DE did have some massive issues with its servers on the day of Tennocon; trying to log into their own website was a nightmare as I was trying to add the promododes to my own account. The work around for that was to do it in game. A Quick Google search would have told you there was trouble for DE, to be expected given the massive volume of traffic, waiting to link your accounts on the day of Tennocon was a mistake on your part IF that is the case.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

3 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

As far as I've seen people say Ephemera was for before the main show and Nekros was for the main show. which would explain why so far a friend of mine who watched the before show but went to work during the main show has Ephemera but not Nekros. While I didn't even know there was a before show, watched the main show and only got Nekros.

49 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Looks like you didn't read point 1 of my post. No proper linking of accounts = no twitch drop. In this case who cares about you watching the stream?

Or he didn't properly link his accounts...

He doesn't need to find anything.
Support told him that there is nothing in the logs of him being eligible for the drop.
Even if he finds "proof", they still have to double check with the logs.
The case is closed.

I linked the accounts properly though otherwise how would I have gotten the ephemera? Clearly something is wrong on DE side they are refusing to take the blame for it and instead shifting it to the users. 

30 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Is it possible YOU F-ed up by not linking your accounts on time? Just asking..... I know how it is to realise one screwed up, and having to face the consequences. DE did have some massive issues with its servers on the day of Tennocon; trying to log into their own website was a nightmare as I was trying to add the promododes to my own account. The work around for that was to do it in game. A Quick Google search would have told you there was trouble for DE, to be expected given the massive volume of traffic, waiting to link your accounts on the day of Tennocon was a mistake on your part IF that is the case.

Nope I linked it a week before I watched the stream. 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Which I included under lying.

DE support told them that there's nothing in their logs, Twitch may have a different log. Obliviously it's not going to help 100% but it may be able to show that an error in a system occurred. Either way I thought I'd give OP more than the "liar liar pants on fire" response 

Well all I have right now is to wait and see their next response. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Well all I have right now is to wait and see their next response. 

Did you write to twitch support?
Why would DE support give you another answer? They told you everything you need to know from their site. At this point, you are just spamming them...

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Nope I linked it a week before I watched the stream. 

Are you absolutely sure your account was linked, with a confirmation email saying as much? I  made the mistake of assuming my account was 2 point confirmed to get the silly ephemera associated with that, wondering why I never got it. Turns out I made a mistake, it was not fully confirmed. Redid the process and Bob's your uncle, ephemera appeared in my inventory.

What I read in your proof of negligence, it reads to me that Support says you did not fully link your account, offering a means to make sure the process is done correctly for future drops.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

Just chill man I had to wait for like a day before I got my Nekros Prime, was worried that it didn't count as I had to use a VPN to watch the stream and sometimes the connection is pretty unstable.

If you did watch the stream, pretty sure DE will mail you a Nekros Prime if you didn't watch for 30 consecutive minutes, due to possible connection issues, but if their logs says you haven't watched for a single minute....then it's gg, maybe you forgot to link your accounts? If that's the case there really is no point babbling on the forums, no one can help you here.

Edited by Izumi_S

1 hour ago, Giantconch said:

I suspect this might be an issue with Twitch randomly showing me as "away" on Twitch when I'm watching a stream and not chatting for more than 10 minutes.

I keep the streams "active"/ on top of all other programs.

In the past I didn't get any drops if I was either watching more than 1 stream (DE, partners, completely different streams), I muted the stream or had any program on top of the stream (Warframe.exe, Other tabs) so when I want a drop I exclusively watch the stream

1 hour ago, Giantconch said:

Running Firefox with uBlock and Noscript myself,

I watched the stream with my main account on Chrome with Better Twitch TV and uBlock, got both

My alt account also got both and I was watching on a fresh installed Firefox on my Laptop without any AddOns.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

So because I didnt pay for it its ok that I wasted 10 hours?

I was watching 40minutes from around 1pm ET and instantly got the Ephemera on two accounts.

Then I closed the streams and did some other stuff I had to attend to. Came back at 5:50pm and wacthed until the end which was around 7:20pm. Again I got the drops on both accounts after about 9 hours

Did your stream stutter and had to buffer? This sadly counts as interruption and if this happend every 20 minutes that's the answer as to why Support says your aren't eligible

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Did you write to twitch support?
Why would DE support give you another answer? They told you everything you need to know from their site. At this point, you are just spamming them...

Because I still dont have Nekros prime. Their reply didnt solve anything. 

42 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Are you absolutely sure your account was linked, with a confirmation email saying as much? I  made the mistake of assuming my account was 2 point confirmed to get the silly ephemera associated with that, wondering why I never got it. Turns out I made a mistake, it was not fully confirmed. Redid the process and Bob's your uncle, ephemera appeared in my inventory.

What I read in your proof of negligence, it reads to me that Support says you did not fully link your account, offering a means to make sure the process is done correctly for future drops.

Yes I got the email and as said before got the ephemera. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Yes I got the email and as said before got the ephemera. 

Then I can only suggest that you do as Reb suggested in the livestream. Wait. They have 6 days to clear the backlog. I would not however cut my nose off to spite my face saying that DE is responsible for this. In future if you are properly linked, you will get drops. Even then there are screw ups that do happen on occassion as seen on their prime time shows.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

3 hours ago, Arkennstar said:

Why are you so worked up about it? Its not like you paid for something and didnt get the item in question. Its a complimentary drop on a free stream for a free game.. lol seriously, I mean I would feel a lil bad, but thats about it mate.

No matter who is right or a liar, no matter what happened, it will always lead to the statement above. Which is why I agree with it. It's easy go complain in Warframe since people are too used to nice goody-two-shoes DE. 

Stuff happens, we all lost something we think should be ours. From stream drops to disconnected 1h+ farms. And we still have to accept that sometimes we just can't have everything our way.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I watched that stream, just to get the twitch drop. I cared so little about it that it is pure wasted time for me. So, naturally, out of the 2 halfhours needed, I stuck through the 10 hours of it...

Watched it religiously, but yet I don't know they said to wait a week for the drop.

Now, even tho it could still happen, I did not get the drop. This free, non-exclusive, farmable drop, coming from a free stream, for a free game... Im angry, Ima rant about my toy here ! What could go wrong ?  

Surely, angrily blaming the devs before the deadline and without any valid argument is gonna be well received by the community, right guys ?

38 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

First, I doubt you sat and watched 10 hours straight.  If you did, why?

it would take less than 10 hours play time to earn nekros prime, by the way.  

you’re sure you saw the main event where they showed all the upcoming stuff?

Yes where they showed the war, the whole new gta style spaceship events, grendel and gauss etc. Wasnt all in one go but yes I watched it from beginning to end.