Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA....I can't, I can't do it anymore, I just can't.

I can't do it anymore. I just can't. The game has given me actual depression from this farm alone. Over 30 forma sacrificed to build my clan dojo. A sacrifice I can live with. But the mutagen samples farm - I can't do Orokin Derelict Survival. I don't have it in me anymore. After trying to complete the hema research for two weeks I've decided for my own well being and mental health that I won't research the hema and my clan will remain a Ghost clan.

I'm actually burned out and depressed. I have to play different games and, when playing Warframe, never go back into Orokin Derelict Survival...and the worst part is I'm doing this alone when I have people in my Ghost clan who mostly don't communicate. Even with boosters & Nekros I'm getting about 100 mutagen samples ever 30 minutes at which point I have to leave because I can't survive that long with Nekros (even while running equilibrium etc.). I need 3,000 mutagen samples and after telling myself I would farm it all in the span of two days I can't go back in there.

• Like 4

I would tell you not to rush to get a subpar weapon, but I dont think you will listen. Any farm can get boring and cause burn out. Instead of pushing to get it done in a few days, why not just passively farm it while doing other stuff? You will have it eventually, and wont get as burned out.

While I didn't have an issue building it, as I had enough to build it for my clan by myself, I can see why a clan of one would have a hard time.

Edited by Xirka
  • Like 2

Just now, yles9056 said:

I end up buying it.

At very least, I hope DE can get rid derelict keys, so it's easier to find players to farm samples together.

An issue is that my clan is full and I can't add more members without ranking up from ghost to shadow clan. However, once I do the resources skyrocket for the Hema. So I'll end up staying a ghost clan.

Just now, Xirka said:

I would tell you not to rush to get a subpar weapon, but I dont think you will listen. Any farm can get boring and cause burn out. Instead of pushing to get it done in a few days, why not just passively farm it while doing other stuff? You will have it eventually, and wont get as burned out.

I don't need the weapon for myself, it's for my clan and clan mates and so I can rank up from ghost to shadow without incurring the spike that results in mutagen sample costs for the Hema.

I just bought it when it came out, usually buy whats new straight out to know what to prioritize on my Dojo researches and give feedback to friends so they know if they should look forward into getting something or not tho a wile later i teamed up with a clan friend to farm for the Mutagen and we would almost daily do 1 hour survivals on the Derelict with loot boosters and using Nekros to farm for them. We had to collect 15K of them.

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

An issue is that my clan is full and I can't add more members without ranking up from ghost to shadow clan. However, once I do the resources skyrocket for the Hema. So I'll end up staying a ghost clan.

Are the other nine people in your clan just not active or not helping? If they aren't and you're just doing this solo, I just wouldn't bother. A full, even semi-active ghost clan should be able to knock that out in a day. 

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I don't need the weapon for myself, it's for my clan and clan mates and so I can rank up from ghost to shadow without incurring the spike that results in mutagen sample costs for the Hema.

lrn2multiquotepl0x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If you have a full clan, everyone should donate to build something with large requirements. That is the whole point. The way you talked in your first post I thought you were doing it solo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xirka said:

If you have a full clan, everyone should donate to build something with large requirements. That is the whole point. The way you talked in your first post I thought you were doing it solo.

I have my own clan. I started it last month. Been doing most everything myself and now can't do ODS anymore as I've burned myself out.

In my experience of farming that damned research, survival is inefficient, you seem to get more samples from defense. If you are determined to research it, I suggest doing 10 to 20 waves once per day, eventually you'll get there.

Pro tip: Don't farm for the Hema! Just do missions on Eris and Derelict when you feel like it or have a Syndicate/Nightwave stuff to do on those tilesets. In a couple months (maybe years who know) you might have enough for it.

Edited by SkalleBonk

3 minutes ago, SkalleBonk said:

Pro tip: Don't farm for the Hema! Just do missions on Eris and Derelict when you feel like it or have a Syndicate/Nightwave stuff to do on those tilesets. In a couple months (maybe years who know) you might have enough for it.

My friend had gifted me boosters. I had a few days left on both and tried to rush it. Now I don't have it in me anymore.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

For my clan. I don't care about the weapon for myself to be honest.

I do have one tip: I played Mobile Defense instead of Survival. I found that Festies came thicker and faster in MD, and it didn't overstay its welcome. Bring a Nekros or Hydroid.

Still took me bloody ages, though.

Edited by KnossosTNC

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Why do you need it for your clan if they aren't bothered to help? I mean it seems like they don't care about getting it either if they aren't contributing to it.

• Like 4

Why are you unlocking this stuff for your clan if they don't seem interested in contributing to get it for themselves? They either don't care about unlocking the hema, or they are convinced they don't have to help. I'd suggest you find people who are like-minded and as goal oriented as you, otherwise, whats the point of putting all this effort into it?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Boot the people in your clan who don't contribute.  Let people know contributions are expected.

And thank your lucky stars you're not in a moon clan where it costs (iirc) half a million.

Doubly this. I was in a Storm clan when we farmed it. Everyone had a minimum amount to chip in. We were done in about 4 months. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I would tell you to go with Hyperion's suggestion. 

Either take your time, or make your clan participate if it must be completed 'asap'. Don't burn yourself out on what a farm meant for the whole clan is meant to be. 

• Like 1

If a clan is mine, I handle research - its my research- I have my allies join because I want them there not to pay for my stuff. Sometimes they chip in if they want, though it is by no means required, since they also want the gear that research represents and know I am putting what I got into it. Derelict survival or defense, with a Nekros or other looter, Smeeta and boosters if you have it; it won't be 'Raining' but you will get some slowly every 40 minutes or so.