Jump to content
  • 0
Kyronz

To do the k-drive races for nightwave

Question

you have to have buy a custom k-drive...that was very nasty but likely why they put the races in Night wave in the first place. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You can do the races with the normal one but I think you just can’t see them on the map with the normal one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

You can do the races without one. Races are part of the game, you like it or not and devs want the content to be played a bit. They are also easy to do even by newer players, they also deserve some cred you know.

Edited by kuciol
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Crafted (or purchased for those that are not patient enough to gather parts) K-drives will show all of the races on the expanded map.
The quest K-drive will only place markers on the map once you find them.
Races can be done with either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I finally got around to doing this nightwave challenge.

I never paid much attention to the k-drive races, but they are a lot more enjoyable then well... doing literal grinding with the board.

I also do not have a custom k-drive, still have the default one. From some lurking research, it seems that only " Five K-Drive race courses will be available each day, but you can replay each race for additional Standing until you meet the Standing cap." So basically, of the 22 k-drive race locations, only 5 race locations will be available on any given day, and they change every day. So you can't do all 22 of them at the same time. I pulled up a map with all the race locations, and started looking all over Orb Vallis for them. Went through 10 locations until I finally found 1 that I could use. The k-drive race icon will not show up on your mini-map/radar until you get near it. Once you move away from it, it will also disappears from your map. Only having 5 k-drive races being available for a given day, threw me for a loop since I wasn't even aware that was how it was setup.

Edited by BlindStalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm certain that from the point of view of DE an objective of Nightwave is to get people actually play some of the less popular content. K-drive usage and their races are surely one of those types of content. Are k-drives perfect or great? No, far from it. Archwing is faster to get around and you can use guns while on one. K-drives also require a lot of grinding to the get the max MR-points and standing for the ventkids. So it's understandable that many players don't like them. My advice is to give them a chance from time to time; races can also be fun - and let's face it, they are very forgiving with errors and such, there is always ample time to get through the markers/doors. They are far from hard in any sense of the word, they just need a little practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Normal one works too, but I agree that everyone should build a custom kdrive during/after this nightwave challenge, building one with all rank 1 parts is really cheap standing wise, and you are ready for the challenge to appear again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Il y a 1 heure, kuciol a dit :

 Races are part of the game, you like it or not and devs want the content to be played a bit. 

It's a bad business idea to force players (customers) to do things they don't want to do.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Awazx said:

It's a bad business idea to force players (customers) to do things they don't want to do.

You are not forced. Its stupid to even think that you must like everything in a game.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
à l’instant, kuciol a dit :

You are not forced. Its stupid to even think that you must like everything in a game.

At the same time that, to get the things I want, I must do things that I don't want, yes, I am being forced.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
57 minutes ago, Awazx said:

At the same time that, to get the things I want, I must do things that I don't want, yes, I am being forced.

The thing is you dont. You put effort if you want to be rewarded, you dont have to do it but dont cry about not being rewarded. You also can skip sizable portion of NW. There will always be some parts of a game that somebody will not like. Stop being entitled and suck it up. 

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 minutes ago, kuciol said:

The thing is you dont. You put effort if you want to be rewarded, you dont have to do it but dont cry about not being rewarded. You also can skip sizable portion of NW. There will always be some parts of a game that somebody will not like. Stop being entitled and suck it up. 

Effort =/= simulating the sensation of doing chores or lethargic necessity of work.

 

Games are means of escapism, there needs to be a balance between effort/ time investment put in to that of the reward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Tsardova said:

Effort =/= simulating the sensation of doing chores or lethargic necessity of work.

 

Games are means of escapism, there needs to be a balance between effort/ time investment put in to that of the reward.

The point of a game is to have fun, if you dont then skip that activity but then dont cry about things that involve doing said piece of content. Rewards feel rewarding because you need to put effort into getting them. The amount of effort you need to put to feel it worth your time is subjective but should never be adjustable to personal needs of individual because than it devalues the reward. In short if you are not entitled to reward. Rewards are for those who are willing to get them, not everyone.

  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Awazx said:

It's a bad business idea to force players (customers) to do things they don't want to do.

”force" 

Are you sure you understand this word?

Edited by z3us32610
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, kuciol said:

The point of a game is to have fun, if you dont then skip that activity but then dont cry about things that involve doing said piece of content. Rewards feel rewarding because you need to put effort into getting them. The amount of effort you need to put to feel it worth your time is subjective but should never be adjustable to personal needs of individual because than it devalues the reward. In short if you are not entitled to reward. Rewards are for those who are willing to get them, not everyone.

That in itself already is logical fallacy.

You yourself admitted that not every aspect of the game will be accepted by everyone but that doesn't mean there isn't any minimal changes that can be used to incentivize more player interaction/ motivation/ interest.

Yes, rewards feel rewarding because you earn them, but need I remind you of what kind of scenario an excessive grind like HEMA and vivergate got DE into? They had to admit that they went overboard with how they handled both scenario and have since tried as much as they can to avoid repeating the same mistake of janking the balance of effort to reward ratio.

The amount of effort maybe subjective, true, but to act like your own perception of how much is the sole acceptable truth just to make yourself seem like a "hard worker" when all you did was burn time in a game and treat it as if you achieved real life reward and be condescending to others is nothing short of pretentious.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

That in itself already is logical fallacy.

You yourself admitted that not every aspect of the game will be accepted by everyone but that doesn't mean there isn't any minimal changes that can be used to incentivize more player interaction/ motivation/ interest.

Yes, rewards feel rewarding because you earn them, but need I remind you of what kind of scenario an excessive grind like HEMA and vivergate got DE into? They had to admit that they went overboard with how they handled both scenario and have since tried as much as they can to avoid repeating the same mistake of janking the balance of effort to reward ratio.

The amount of effort maybe subjective, true, but to act like your own perception of how much is the sole acceptable truth just to make yourself seem like a "hard worker" when all you did was burn time in a game and treat it as if you achieved real life reward and be condescending to others is nothing short of pretentious.

But minimal changes are not removing the parts that you dont like even if it is safe to skip it. You take the most extreme things game has to make a point where the problem in almost none existent. There is huge gap between farming for weeks and doing 10 minute activity once a week. Making hyperbolic statements proves only that you have no point. What Hema and vivergate proved the most is that players are lazy and will look for the path of least resistance. Not getting something seems to be very hard pill to swallow for people on this forum, even mere suggestion of that is like suggesting eating a puppy.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

https://www.framemastery.com/orb-vallis-map/

The second map down on this page shows all the race locations, helpful as you have to be quite close to see them on the minimap.  Also, if you scroll down to the comments under the maps someone usually posts which 5 are active on any particular day, very helpful allowing not just the Nightwave challenge to be finished easily but also the 22 k-drive race achievement.

Edited by Invisibleaxeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Awazx said:

It's a bad business idea to force players (customers) to do things they don't want to do.

Then the whole game, every game out there, is badly designed.
If I like something in the game, I have to farm it, even though I dislike farming. Or I have to buy it with plat, which I don't want to do.
So everything in the game is forcing me to do something, even things I dislike.
Your argument is invalid.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Cutting out loading times and let's assume that you dislike it so much you don't have a custom board, but you had the forethought to look up the race locations.

It takes like 10-20 mins tops to just fly from each race and do all 3. I can understand the hate for gilding when it was in and profit-taker since they're locked behind rep, but k-drive races?

Hunting 20 lockers can take longer assuming your don't use scavenge on kubrow/kavats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, kuciol said:

But minimal changes are not removing the parts that you dont like even if it is safe to skip it. You take the most extreme things game has to make a point where the problem in almost none existent. There is huge gap between farming for weeks and doing 10 minute activity once a week. Making hyperbolic statements proves only that you have no point. What Hema and vivergate proved the most is that players are lazy and will look for the path of least resistance. Not getting something seems to be very hard pill to swallow for people on this forum, even mere suggestion of that is like suggesting eating a puppy.

All of which come from the pretense that people have to make a custom K-drive to make the races task count, which is untrue as many have pointed out.

 

Likewise you take the most menial of things and take it to the extreme here as well, same as with Dog Days event discussion a week back. Your standing remains in that the grind shouldn't be adjusted at all on a case by case basis to make repeating the 30 second loop rewarding on the grander scheme of things solely because people "have to work for it" even though this is a game; a means of escapism. I.e. again, the balance between effort put to reward being handed out is key.

 

Making hyperbolic defense without wanting to acknowledge a counterargument only proves your reasoning is flawed at best to begin with, or is simply made for the sake of grandeur and not for the longevity of the game.

What Hema and vivergate proved is that there needs to be a balance between effort put to the reward given, even DE themselves admitted to their mistake. Heck it is being shown right here, right now in how much of NW2 has improved said balance compared to NW1, yet there's still room for improvement. For you to deny this fact and only claim what is essentially human nature of trying to find efficient means of getting to reward means you're selectively placing ignorance only to suit your logical fallacy, not for the betterment of the matter.

Not accepting others' argument seems to be a very hard pull to swallow for you personally, even a mere suggestion of a differing opinion gets you worked up as if someone did eat your puppy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

All of which come from the pretense that people have to make a custom K-drive to make the races task count, which is untrue as many have pointed out.

 

Likewise you take the most menial of things and take it to the extreme here as well, same as with Dog Days event discussion a week back. Your standing remains in that the grind shouldn't be adjusted at all on a case by case basis to make repeating the 30 second loop rewarding on the grander scheme of things solely because people "have to work for it" even though this is a game; a means of escapism. I.e. again, the balance between effort put to reward being handed out is key.

 

Making hyperbolic defense without wanting to acknowledge a counterargument only proves your reasoning is flawed at best to begin with, or is simply made for the sake of grandeur and not for the longevity of the game.

What Hema and vivergate proved is that there needs to be a balance between effort put to the reward given, even DE themselves admitted to their mistake. Heck it is being shown right here, right now in how much of NW2 has improved said balance compared to NW1, yet there's still room for improvement. For you to deny this fact and only claim what is essentially human nature of trying to find efficient means of getting to reward means you're selectively placing ignorance only to suit your logical fallacy, not for the betterment of the matter.

Not accepting others' argument seems to be a very hard pull to swallow for you personally, even a mere suggestion of a differing opinion gets you worked up as if someone did eat your puppy. 

Yes my stance is that grind shouldnt be adjusted at all because it will always be too much for some people. Gamers are lazy by nature, thats why we play games instead of being productive (you know im right). Your arguments have no merit because who is one to decide what amount of grind is the correct one? Why your amount of effort is more valid then mine? Go check what adjustments where made to NW2 and why they were made, tip: it wasnt because some people didnt like it. Removing something just because some people dont like it is not good practice. I dont like spy mission but im not on a crusade to remove them from sorties or fissures, i just do them when i have to. Once you start removing things because some kids feels "forced" you would end up with nothing because there will always be somebody unhappy. Believe it or not but this is one of the least grindy games ive ever played and as such its not a problem for me to do things even 200 times if needed because i can wait, I can leave without some things for some time. Your counterargument is just stupid and based on false impression that you know better how much effort is the correct amount. Most players did the grinds you speak of so it was not to much.

Edited by kuciol
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Kyronz said:

you have to have buy a custom k-drive...that was very nasty but likely why they put the races in Night wave in the first place. 

I still won't do the bloody challenge. As soon as I saw it I was like: Nope.

Still gonna get my Umbra Forma, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Awazx said:

At the same time that, to get the things I want, I must do things that I don't want, yes, I am being forced.

In every game there is some level or whatever that someone doesn't like. Deal with it. Don't do it if you don't like it. Unlike a single player game's level you must complete to progress in the story, this race is not mandatory at all.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Awazx:

At the same time that, to get the things I want, I must do things that I don't want, yes, I am being forced.

You are not forced to play Warframe or content within Warframe! It’s you decision. And yes, if you want some valuable you have to do some work. That’s normally a world principle

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...