Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye-bye, Dog Days, you hit the nail on the head

evilChair

That nail being just pure, glorious fun. The water gun mechanic, the map, the BGM - everything came together so well and there was such a positive atmosphere that completely went against the recent jobframe/chora night "ugh let's just get this over with" kind of trend that plagues the game at this time. It doesn't look like warframe, perhaps, but it's warframe done right. That one single atoll tile beat out most of the other tilesets by simply keeping you on your toes, never letting you stand in one place and constantly having to track your aim, while on top of that, scoring a high-distance soak gave off pangs of satisfaction that made me feel like i'm the Paganini of aiming. Dog Days is simply a game done right, and if DE has plans to attract people to [teshin soundbite] The Conclave [/teshin soundbite], then Dog Days is definitely a good starting point.

Edited by evilChair
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It was fun. Until the grind became stale and then Redtext basically accusing me of finding the game boring despite Dog Days genuinely getting boring.

FTFY cause Redtext didn't accuse me of anything, cause the only way you could perceive Redtext as calling you out is if you where AFKing the mission and that's on 100% you.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It was fun. Until the grind became stale and then Redtext basically accusing us of finding the game boring despite Dog Days genuinely getting boring.

I didn’t want to complain about this event. But it has major issues that need to be ironed out if it’s ever going to return.

I don't care about redtext. even if i did, i couldn't take them seriously. and if i find something boring, someone else getting accusatory over it won't change my mind. maybe i just have a bag of ice for a heart when it comes to what other people think. (also i don't know what redtext said lol)

as for the faults: yes, the event has them. i'm not going to deny that they're there and glaring, but it's been much more fun than grinding [node name] like you're a street organist. the prices were steep, i agree, and there were glaring gaps in the offerings, but i'm just pleased that we finally got a step in the right direction that came out of the blue.

Edited by evilChair
  • Like 3

It was fun for maybe 4 goes after which it became a monotonous case of repeating the exact same thing over and over. 

There was zero variation in the actual mission to make it 'fun' for a long period of time. 

Then throw in kill stealing so it's actually better to run it solo than as a team.....

I had more fun with nightwave season one than I did dog days and I absolutely hated nightwave 1, it just felt like a chore, dog days felt even worse.

• Like 3

Maybe if it had some variation in what was happening it would have been a lot better.
I mean you do it once, let alone the minimum 4 times, and that's pretty much it...you've seen it all and done it all.
Since everyone is the same there just wasn't any variation or reason to come back, outside of the rewards.

It got stale.
There wasn't any choice to go "Maybe this time I'll go as a long range sniper" or "I'll go as a slow AoE" or anything like that.
It was just "Here, do the exact same thing without any variation (not even in tileset) for 7 hours to get the rewards..."

It dragged on worse than even the standard gameplay because of how limited and small it was, and how they stripped away any meaningful choices, builds, or differences.
At least in standard gameplay you can change weapons or frames or playstyles.
Dog days though?  None of that.  Who needs more than one weapon and one character?

Even the different difficulty levels had no real changes to them.  It was honestly hard to tell what the difference was in the enemies between the first and fourth mission...

So yeah, it was fun for a little bit.  Then it became a fairly boring slog.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Maybe if it had some variation in what was happening it would have been a lot better.
I mean you do it once, let alone the minimum 4 times, and that's pretty much it...you've seen it all and done it all.
Since everyone is the same there just wasn't any variation or reason to come back, outside of the rewards.

It got stale.
There wasn't any choice to go "Maybe this time I'll go as a long range sniper" or "I'll go as a slow AoE" or anything like that.
It was just "Here, do the exact same thing without any variation (not even in tileset) for 7 hours to get the rewards..."

It dragged on worse than even the standard gameplay because of how limited and small it was, and how they stripped away any meaningful choices, builds, or differences.
At least in standard gameplay you can change weapons or frames or playstyles.
Dog days though?  None of that.  Who needs more than one weapon and one character?

Even the different difficulty levels had no real changes to them.  It was honestly hard to tell what the difference was in the enemies between the first and fourth mission...

So yeah, it was fun for a little bit.  Then it became a fairly boring slog.

in other words: the lack of a water gun arsenal to pick from at the start, the need for a better AI and more risk at higher levels, a need for personal modifiers (for example +25 shields/-50 health, or -30 health/+2 regen/s, +dmg/-distance etc.; there's no reason to use powers here and the only frames with passives that were of any help were zephyr, mirage, nezha). all that could be added next year - just a quick 10s-menu for the kind of water gun and the modifiers that you want to pick.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

FTFY cause Redtext didn't accuse me of anything, cause the only way you could perceive Redtext as calling you out is if you where AFKing the mission and that's on 100% you.

innaccurate.  i didn"t do that, but redtext called me out in the sense that i have legitimate gripes with the game, that were hand waved away and blamed on me rather than the devs taking responsibility for their own shortcomings... and of course NOW, people perpetuating that narrative now by calling me a cheater because i have issues with the game that are serious and unresolved.

your post is bad and I hope you reflect and feel bad about it

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

innaccurate.  i didn"t do that, but redtext called me out in the sense that i have legitimate gripes with the game, that were hand waved away and blamed on me rather than the devs taking responsibility for their own shortcomings... and of course NOW, people perpetuating that narrative now by calling me a cheater because i have issues with the game that are serious and unresolved.

If you say so~

Tho that's really funny, cause I have my share of issues with Warframe too and yet somehow as if by magic I was able to identify and differentiate that satirical Redtext message as unrelated and in no way dismissive of those issues. Again maybe because I engaged in the content and instead of turning it into a chore I'd tap out before it became one.

9 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Much quality, such wow. Maybe take some time to reflect on your own advice?

• Like 6

I had a great time with it. It taught me a lot regarding the dodging mechanics, distraction and flanking (98 - 3 was the squads best match. One player died all three times but learned a lot about flanking). All in all, it was good clean fun and wasn't nearly as grindy to me as others are saying. Arena 2.0!!

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

Eh, Dev shouldn't call out people that is playing the way game is designed.

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

If you say so~

Tho that's really funny, cause I have my share of issues with Warframe too and yet somehow as if by magic I was able to identify and differentiate that satirical Redtext message as unrelated and in no way dismissive of those issues. Again maybe because I engaged in the content and instead of turning it into a chore I'd tap out before it became one.

Much quality, such wow. Maybe take some time to reflect on your own advice?

wow can you suck yourself more? I'm on the side of the person you're targeting because I know how he feels. Years of experiencing bugs, the same ones and newer ones that haven't been touched or looked at by DE and I know that the community has brought up those problems in other forums which have either been removed or they just ignore it. DE loves to ignore things btw if you're new

• Like 5

Well it gave me a lot of Floofs for afking while I caught up on anime and youtube videos so I guess I have that to thank if for.  They shouldn't of designed the event so badly and encouraged active play to begin with and had the teams give pearls and everyone would of been happy but nah that would of been smart am I right? I am a proud solo afker and that is all on the backs of the people who made the event so unrewarding XD

54 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I'd argue quit the opposite, I quite think they should call the playerbase out more often. The notion that they shouldn't resonates with me akin to the incident a while back where people felt justified abusing an exploit that allowed them to level their gear from zero to thirty in a matter of seconds.... because "it was in the game". Unlike that instance DE decided to take a spirited jab via Redtext instead of issuing bans.

Because if you really think that the event was designed to have people AFK in spots that the bots couldn't target them while they waited out the timer.... well there is a distinct difference between mechanically possible and intended design. And there is very little doubt that there was a solid overlap of the people complaining about the event and those who AFKd the event ad nauseum.

• Like 5

It was a fun until I got the hydroid noggle. Then I just noped out when I saw the 70 hour grind. It needs variation. For example using water guns to squirt the ball into a goal, kinda like a PvE soccer game. Dodge ball would have been fun too. Also the rewards were vary meh. Would have been a great opportunity to add a water Ephemera. 

Best part of it all was the salty red txt 😂 that was hilarious. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

1 hour ago, Phoenix42Lord42 said:

wow can you suck yourself more?

Oh I can tell this is going to be quality~

Years of experiencing bugs, the same ones and newer ones that haven't been touched or looked at by DE and I know that the community has brought up those problems in other forums which have either been removed or they just ignore it.

That's nice....and literally none of that has any bearing on the message from Redtext.

DE loves to ignore things btw if you're new

While I'm sure there are ideas that simply never pass muster, the rest of the perception of being ignored is coming from prioritization of other tasks above those we as players feel are important. Is that prioritization warranted? Who knows, it could be the difference between fixing doors so whole tilesets function over getting Volt his precious cloth physics. And I am very sure that some of it comes from internal design conflicts within DE itself, either way just because we don't always get what we want when we want it deosn't mean they're ignoring us.

As to my evident newness, ouch, ya got me~

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

Right up until they added killstealing, I completely agree it was just stupid distracting fun. 

you mean when they added a reason to not afk, which was a good thing. I'd rather people killsteal than people be afk.

4 hours ago, Test-995 said:

4 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Event could've been loads better.

But at least you can get free floofs by AFK on your laptop.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Well it gave me a lot of Floofs for afking while I caught up on anime and youtube videos so I guess I have that to thank if for.  They shouldn't of designed the event so badly and encouraged active play to begin with and had the teams give pearls and everyone would of been happy but nah that would of been smart am I right? I am a proud solo afker and that is all on the backs of the people who made the event so unrewarding XD

You guys know it's against the rules right?

If I saw you do it, I'd report you like I did with everyone else 🙂

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200287090

• Like 3

I personally didn't like it. It was cool for maybe 1-2 games, until you realise literally no warframe abilities or even passives work (not even Zephyr's I think, insofar as I tried my air time was like with normal frames). I play warframe to play warframes, or at least operators, that's the most fun part of the game, not to run around with 0 abilities just jumping around and shooting. There are games that do that way better, if that was what I wanted - like Titanfall or Overwatch. Why would I ever do that in Warframe when there are more fun things to do in general? Why play Warframe if Warframe is removed from it? If they keep adding content that disables abilities, I won't play that content, cause it makes the game boring, and when I really run out of content which is ACTUAL Warframe, I'll just find something else to play, simple as that. This is just about the event and it's tendencies, for now I just ignored the event after running through it once and went back to other content where I can actually USE my builds and abilities which I put together through hundreds of hours of work and farming, and there's more thought involved in your loadout choices.

• Like 1

Where do all those killsteal issues come from? Executioners were not hard to kill, if you struggle with aiming, let your Ignis, Plasmor; Catchmoon and other no aim weapons rest for a week.

Assists on the other hand, could lead to a situation that somebody just runs around and damages every enemy once, while others finish them.

• Like 1