Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK leechers - votekick

Goit

12 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

I'd very much prefer for the Host to have control over the squad, who will remain and who will be kicked system-ish in terms of behavior and contribution depends over the Host's judgement; giving rights for vote-kick with each member of the squad feels obnoxious that it may come to a time that members surrounding you might vote-kick you for no good reason (raising another thread for that experience)...

This could work, but then again hosts should need a high count for missions played and playtime along with an MR restriction (i would put the minimum MR around 15-16-ish) and a clear record of missions without votekick abuse, otherwise this privilege could be taken away, the person could never host a public match from then on if there was evidence that player abused the votekick feature and there could be a system that automatically records matches for up to a week to provide that evidence.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (PS4)chris1pat8twins:

Those excuses of “bathroom breaks” and such are nothing more than excuses. If you have to stop playing the game for longer than a minute, then you should be patient and get off at the next stop. Not make everybody else carry you.

2. That post I made, I also explained how EVERY TIME I encountered these kind of players while I’m using a Disarming Loki, I would switch teleport them to the objective and they would run back to their hiding place. EVERY... SINGLE... TIME... So unless you’re telling me that these people be bringing their consoles, tv, and controller into the bathroom or outside with them, yeah... that excuse doesn’t work on me.

1. Not all of us play warframe wearing a diaper. Going to the bath is human essential. Please, don't throw me (based on my story) into the same pot as intentional, malicious AFKs. When I come back and my damage is >50% of the whole team in less then 1 minute, a) who is carrying? b) as soon I start being useful, I am not an AFK anymore.

2. Warframe supports Remote Play. You literally can play Warframe on the S#&$ter using a PSVita (kinda hard to play at all, but viable), but there wouldn't be an excuse of being in the bath, as it makes no sense to tell people you go take a dump, but bring your Vita with you to continue play. Do you see the logic?  

What you describe is something I don't want in my games either. Warframe is no hide-n-seek game and a single person can cause more stress then the mission itself. Look, I don't want to waste my time rezzing someone who stood around for 10 minutes in a room so far away from life supports, while the room is flooded with enemies (T4 Void). When I see someone doing nothing, bleeding out, I just let him die - after I rezzed him once (of course, because we do that) and noticed he still does nothing after that. 

To sum it up, there is the game level and the people level. a pure AFK is hence the name away from keyboard. The game can detect that. What the game can't detect, are liers.

Le 15/08/2019 à 00:17, Goit a dit :

Yes it could be 'abused' but anything can be abused. If you need a full 3 votes to kick then i'm sure it would soon backfire on the 3 if they were just trolling people via getting reported.

No it wouldn't backfire, because DE would have to look into every case to figure out if the kick was legit or not, therefore no change except now 3 people can kick as much as they want without problems (and kicks have really bad feeling in every way)

Le 15/08/2019 à 00:17, Rawbeard a dit :

I don't like your MR. vote kick!

See ? I don't like the fact you've got one Excalibur Prime Icon, you're not playing meta, you're not doing what i tell you to do even if it makes no sense at all.

Vote-kick brings a lot more problems and isn't a solution... Seriously everyone who's for votekicks you never played one game with one of those system on? never been kicked by troll multiple times just before the "good" reward ?

Le 15/08/2019 à 03:35, Blexander a dit :

How about AFK players get Host Migration-ed out of the mission?

E.g. Let's say a Volt is sitting in a bush while the rest of the team does bounties or whatever. After some time (maybe a minute or 2)of doing nothing to contribute, whether it being dealing damage, casting skills, or even moving, they get migrated out of the team. The AFK player is still in the same map/mission, but he's solo until he extracts.

Dealing damage as a trinity, yes i do some but it would be "under" the treshold you're expecting, and what do you do when there's a nuker in the game ? get kicked ?

I'm playing titania and cast 1 time one ultimate for all the game most of the times, should i be kicked because of that ? because i'm not playing a warframe you considered a second ?

Moving is the most inneficient way to find out about afk, there would be an obvious timer and any macro can get you to move every X time anyway, so you'll abusers and kick people who go to toilet after 30 minutes of carry? I don't want to be in your game if votekick ever shows-up.

Le 15/08/2019 à 12:58, (PS4)chris1pat8twins a dit :

I’ve made a few suggestions to reduce the possibility of AFK or to make vote kicking a possibility.

People keep saying “imagine being kicked after playing ______ hours.” Not if DE made it an option that only appears if the player has been AFK for a while. AFK kicks in after 1 minute. So maybe if they were AFK for 2-3 minutes, then the option to kick them would highlight and be allowed. 

One post I made was about a way to reduce afk. By creating a sort of time limit that forces player to go towards a certain area. Like if it is mobile defense and the data mass gets inserted then other players will have to get to that area within a certain time or it will count them as AFK for the objective. 

Basically it would be like how the bounties have those big yellow circles you have to run to in order to start the next stage of the bounty. But I figured DE should add a timer that starts when the stage officially starts that gives other players a time limit such as 1 second per 10 meters. That’s how long it took me to sprint to each stage. Once that timer runs out it will count them as AFK and when the stage is completed they get no rewards. That method would only work with Armor Vaults or keeping the area secure do to how long they are. Maybe to avoid players showing up at the last second, they are required to be standing in the circle for at least 30 seconds. I did a lot of calculating. The only players other than AFKers that would be affected by this would be noobs. That don’t understand bounties or don’t know how to sprint. Well, they would have to learn. Just like it isn’t everybody else’s job to complete missions for them. They’ll have to learn to do it on their own. 

But basically if a player has been AFK for the majority of the mission such as hardly moving a certain amount of meters per minute, barely killing or assisting in kills, etc.. then once the mission is completed it would count as incomplete for them. Mainly for Sorties. 

DE would have to do some work to implement such a method to make sure all grounds are covered and that real players won’t be affected by some bug or glitch. 

But I also made the suggestion at the beginning of my post for players to actually explain their reason for disagreeing, if they do, or else their opinions wouldn’t matter. Cause ONLY an AFKer would hate on such a suggestion. Sure enough I was met with a bunch of haters spilling nothing but insults so DE had to close the comment section stating “think this post has served its purpose”. 

But some people actually liked the idea. It wouldn’t matter how fast one player rushes to the objective. Others would have time unless they are “farming” for resources. Which is why I suggest this sort of rule in only complicated missions like fissures, sorties, bounties, events, etc.. but if players want to farm for resources that badly then they should be the ones to go solo.

tired of the lazy play solo response. Us real players shouldn’t be forced to solo a game that DE has designed for teamwork because of a few leechers/AFKers. They should be the ones to play solo. 

I always liked the things like "It's how long it takes me to do such distance, therefore if you can't you're afk or abusing..." guess what, Nezha will always crush any non volt in speed, should everyone play Nezha because some genius thought it would be a good anti-afk measure ? Not for me, but who knows.

I like the way you assume people against a kick system who can figure out how it can be abused by people like you are afkers ...

Well, i'm always going for the objectives, whatever it is, and i'm playing solo for what i feel i should be (fishing mining and stuff like this)

Most of the times i'm the carry, and there's almost nothing someone could do to make it faster (except double doors, but those are a problem of their own)

Le 15/08/2019 à 17:51, (XB1)GaussPrime a dit :

They could give us easier access to reporting them, just make a section for leeching/afk in the already existing report options.. if someone does it regularly (and stacks a mass of reports) they'll probably see punishment. And for protections sake of course support should look further into it (If not, de sucks then)

Since this is how it always was handled in other games I played..

This whole leeching issue just kills open worlds for me because I refuse to carry people that sign up for something but don't even take part in it for 1%.. 

In one other game beta i wouldn't mention by name, it was possible to get someone banned by masse reporting them. Let's say you say something someone don't like, the full clan report you and you get banned for that! I'm so sure you'll be the first to enjoy you free ban :)

And in every game who do that their support is full of unban request to filter between the legit one for cheat and the stupidly abused report system. 

And you're a stat-nazi, it's a fact that ope world access is too early but you would kick everyone without an archwing because they explore the map for the first time ? think a second how cool it is to be kicked when you discover something (since you've played other games with this "amazing" system) 

Le 15/08/2019 à 18:03, FerockQuartz a dit :

I'd very much prefer for the Host to have control over the squad, who will remain and who will be kicked system-ish in terms of behavior and contribution depends over the Host's judgement; giving rights for vote-kick with each member of the squad feels obnoxious that it may come to a time that members surrounding you might vote-kick you for no good reason (raising another thread for that experience)...

Please never be a Host ever again, you would be one of the worst tyrant with this power on your hands

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, (XB1)GaussPrime a dit :

That's why I said with multiple reports support should look into it, it is rather easy to know if they're legit and if not. For example getting reports from people for being afk, and you weren't even connected to them, kind of shows if it's legit.

And if someone abuses it that way, making false claims, just like now with the current options, DE said that false claims can get you banned. So?

Well, If you expect support to look into it, it means they would have to hire more people for support, just think about all the reports that are not sent right now, if they were suddenly sent ? And needing people to look into stuff is tedious and long. That's why all those systems are automated in games => X reports for bad behavior =>ban, and than you've to go to a crowded support to get your account back... Abuse is a thing, will always be a thing in either way. 

Seriously, you get something quick to do in a game, you're the carry of the game you afk 1minute 1 second it would be to much for most of the people requiring votekicks here ! And we all know what happens when you get kicked from  a game. This would happen!

Or you're like  that guy who think everyone can predict any possible irl interference before hitting play on a mission, and if there's a risk should not ?

Votekick is always abused in every games. 

Lemme think here...NOPE! It would be abused to high heaven and more so to kick people because someone does not like to play with the frame that person is using. Dont like nuke frames...KICK EM! Dont like Vaubon or other trashy frames...KICK EM! Dont like that player doing better then you or using weapons you dont like...KICK THEM TO JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE! I shouldnt have to say more on the subject and the idea of a vote kick in warframe is just terrible unless it is HIGHLY restricted.

Earlier today i choked because i tried to breathe and drink some water at the same time, of course i ran to the bathroom as fast as possible and made sure everything was fine again. However, it just so happened that this happened as i was just starting a Defense mission to level a Weapon. I don't know how long it took me, but im guessing about 1 1/2 minutes. Do you think i should've been kicked for that? What if it had been more serious making me take like 2 or even 3 minutes to get back?
My Point is, things will always happen that you simply can not predict. If another Player is truly leeching, report them with vialid reasoning and move on.

I have played games with Vote kick systems before. It was horrible. Alot of times when there was an obvious cheater and i voted to kick said cheater, many people were against it, for whatever reason. However, when i was first on the score board, because i've been there since the start of the match and some random person would come in 5 minutes before the match ends and decides to kick me just because im first, of course it went through, causing alot of frustration. Did i do something wrong? No.
My point is, any Vote kick system is a bad idea and can be abused easily and will cause frustration. You game to have fun, not to get frustrated. If you're not having fun, why play?

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Zweimander:

Lemme think here...NOPE! It would be abused to high heaven and more so to kick people because someone does not like to play with the frame that person is using. Dont like nuke frames...KICK EM! Dont like Vaubon or other trashy frames...KICK EM! Dont like that player doing better then you or using weapons you dont like...KICK THEM TO JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE! I shouldnt have to say more on the subject and the idea of a vote kick in warframe is just terrible unless it is HIGHLY restricted.

This guys energy color is blue, i don't like blue: KICK HIM! This guy has a X in his name: Kick him! This guy plays a Trinity in Eidolon, pfft, kick him too!! *Lures explode*

This player is obviously female, she uses voice chat, She can stay. She goes AFK? Nah, we are gentleman *tips Fedora*

I think a votekick would increase the toxicity of the community. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LunaSelenis:

Earlier today i choked because i tried to breathe and drink some water at the same time [...]

Personal Health > Game Progress.

• Like 2

1) never gonna happen

2) put your own groups together or play solo.  pugs are random, you get what you get.  if you don't go to carry a pug you go to fail.  learn this.  you don't have to like it, but frankly, if you aren't there to carry a pug you are there to fail, and that's on you.

15 hours ago, AkyFenrir said:

I always liked the things like "It's how long it takes me to do such distance, therefore if you can't you're afk or abusing..." guess what, Nezha will always crush any non volt in speed, should everyone play Nezha because some genius thought it would be a good anti-afk measure ? Not for me, but who knows.

I like the way you assume people against a kick system who can figure out how it can be abused by people like you are afkers ...

Love how you ASSUME I’m some sort of “abuser”. So I’ll say it again. I SPRINT... WITH A FROST... AND IT TOOK ME 1 SECOND... TO REACH 10 METERS... so if the next stage appears 600 meters away, then the timer would be 60 seconds, aka 1 minute AFTER 1 player steps into it. Some stages take less than 30 seconds to complete and others take 2.5 minutes to complete anyways. 

I wasn’t sliding and bullet jumping. I wasn’t using a Volt. I wasn’t using a Nezha. I wasn’t using 280% range Zephyr. I wasn’t using Rush or any other speed mod. And I wasn’t using an Archwing. 

So no, there would be more than enough time to get to the objective. Only a noob who doesn’t know how to sprint or a LEECHER would have a problem getting to the objective on time. The noob would have to learn how to play the game first and do easier missions solo like I did. And the LEECHERS need to go play solo instead of leeching off others. There was NEVER a person that was simply “late”. Every time they just stayed back and farmed resources like fish or gems. Some just stayed by the door of Cetus and never moved till everybody else ran through the door to leave. No excuse. 

Even with no mods and an Excalibur I still carried my own weight and sometimes others when I first started playing. I was disappointed on how many inexperienced, to put it mildly, MR 20 players went down and did less damage than me. It took Kela Da Thayme before I understood how mods worked. A buddy of mine was shocked when he found out I had no mods on my Excalibur yet I did better than most higher rank players he ever encountered. Now the game is boring because of how easy it is for me. But that is not my issue. Carrying noobs through a defense is one thing. But when they stand in a corner and do nothing is another.  I would have to report like 100 players each day doing it the DE has it now. And every single one of these leechers/AFKers talked smack every time too. So I had to report them for offensive language as well. 

So stop defending these people. Unless you’re admitting to being one of these leechers. The only punishment I suggest for DE is simply banning them from public games for however long they decide. And since solo isn’t a problem for people like you, then you shouldn’t even care. If you’re a leech. 

But nice cherry picking. 

-You’re killing faster than me, K I C K

-You’re too slow... K I C K

-You’re mean.. K I C K

-Disobeying my orders... K I C K

-You’re playing (x) Frame/weapon? K I C K

-We did it! Now I will kick you before you reach the gate/extraction so you will not get the rewards.. K I C K.

-I simply don’t like you... K I C K

See? It will do more harm then good if Votekick is added. The best solution is a simpler reporting function.

Edited by DrivaMain

Just now, DrivaMain said:

-You’re killing faster than me, K I C K

-You’re mean.. K I C K

-Disobeying my orders... K I C K

-You’re playing (x) Frame/weapon? K I C K

-We did it! Now I will kick you before you reach the gate/extraction so you will not get the rewards.. K I C K.

-I simply don’t like you... K I C K

See? It will do more harm then good if Votekick is added. The best solution is a simpler reporting function.

Which is why I suggest a 2-3 minute AFK timer that highlights the option to kick if DE ever decided to make this happen. If you’ve been AFK for 1 minute, you get no Affinity. But if you’ve been AFK for 2-3 minutes then the option to kick would be highlighted and the other players who aren’t AFK could kick that player out. 

And maybe DE could also add the function that if you’re AFK during the entire mission when it gets completed then the other players will be able to extract without you and the mission would count as incomplete or failed for you. IF you’re AFK.

So only an AFKer would have a problem with that. Everything else I mentioned are other suggestions DE could decide to implement into missions like bounties since most players don’t just sit around during those. Otherwise these AFKers should play solo. 

On 2019-08-14 at 5:03 PM, Goit said:

Just about had it recently trying to grind rep and in various forms or another and having afk leechers or ultra low level people sponge along and contribute nothing. Just had 3 bounties in a row, with 2 totally afk players and 1 rank 6 with 3 kills and trash talking in the squad chat about how people can leave if it bothers them. Yes, the bounties can still be done relatively easily even though they aren't contributing but that is totally besides the point and it is the principal that these people think they can freeload off the work of other players, without penalty and get away with it because the system for reporting them is such a pain in the arse and what even is the actual penalty for doing it??

There is no reasonable way for players to remedy this. the current method/ 'system' is convoluted and too burdensome. Screenshot and out of game ticket?

Will we ever get a badly needed votekick system? Perhaps one as even as harsh as to remove all rewards from the mission to that point. 

With the recent afk fest of the beach event, my recent sanctuary botting experience and tonight. It's really detracting from the enjoyment of the game. I try to play with friends mostly but that isn't a solution which doesn't damage the game and the player bases experience. 

Please give us votekick initiative for the squad or host

Host? No, cause sometimes hosts are AFKers. But maybe you should edit your post by saying DE should add like 2-3 minute AFK timer that highlights the option to kick the player for non-AFKers. 

DE already added a function where AFKers don’t get affinity after 1 minute. Double doors can be opened, if just 2 players are in the squad. So adding another function to kick if AFK for 2-3 minutes wouldn’t be “abused”. The one being AFK and slowing other players down are the ones abusing the system. 

Leechers, is another story entirely and DE would have to do some calculations to make it easier to detect and punish a leecher but most players these days are lazy and demand DE make the game reward them for doing nothing. So a function to prevent their laziness is not something many people will agree too. Out of fear that they will be counted as well. 

Only like 1 out of 100 players would affected. Based on my experience. 1 out of 5 when dealing with Sorties. 1 out of 10 when dealing with bounties. Based on my experience. 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)chris1pat8twins a dit :

Which is why I suggest a 2-3 minute AFK timer that highlights the option to kick if DE ever decided to make this happen. If you’ve been AFK for 1 minute, you get no Affinity. But if you’ve been AFK for 2-3 minutes then the option to kick would be highlighted and the other players who aren’t AFK could kick that player out. 

And maybe DE could also add the function that if you’re AFK during the entire mission when it gets completed then the other players will be able to extract without you and the mission would count as incomplete or failed for you. IF you’re AFK.

So only an AFKer would have a problem with that. Everything else I mentioned are other suggestions DE could decide to implement into missions like bounties since most players don’t just sit around during those. Otherwise these AFKers should play solo. 

Except that if the one carrying the mission need to afk 1-2 minutes after 10+ minutes the team won't even get back on him, yet the carry was active and is now kicked and can't get rewards because stuff happens IRL. If it's just active on "early" mission people would go afk the exact moment they can ! So would it affect leechers yes, would it affect normal players who have stuff happening in their life yes too. I'm not willing to punish the second one to get rid of the first, i'd rather make my own groups.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)chris1pat8twins a dit :

Leechers, is another story entirely and DE would have to do some calculations to make it easier to detect and punish a leecher but most players these days are lazy and demand DE make the game reward them for doing nothing. So a function to prevent their laziness is not something many people will agree too. Out of fear that they will be counted as well. 

Funny what we've learned from Dog Days right ? nearly everyone was AFK before there was incentive to play. People complained about it being tedious and unrewarding to be active on the game mode vocaly on the forum. De reacted allowing pearls to be gained by kills. 85% afkers were no longer there after this hotfix. 

Motivate participation that's where you should want to go, not the other way around, assuming people are lazy is a huge gap to make.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

The noob would have to learn how to play the game first

How can a noob improve if you were to kick them for being bad, instead of helping them get better?

Every time they just stayed back and farmed resources like fish or gems

But if they're doing that, then they aren't exactly leeching? They're playing the game. They just not doing the same things you're doing.

Even with no mods and an Excalibur I still carried my own weight and sometimes others when I first started playing. I was disappointed on how many inexperienced, to put it mildly, MR 20 players went down and did less damage than me. It took Kela Da Thayme before I understood how mods worked. A buddy of mine was shocked when he found out I had no mods on my Excalibur yet I did better than most higher rank players he ever encountered.

What has that to do with anything? It just sounds to me like you're presenting yourself to be better then you actually are, to make your opinion look more valid. I have only ever encountered less then 15 leechers over 6 years of play, which usually deosn't even bother me unless they prevent the mission from progressing or do something that negatively impacts my enjoyment of the game. Alot of the examples you stated, don't sound like Leechers to me, but rather people that do other things then what you want them to do.

If it bothers you this much, either play solo or in a dedicated squad. Different people want to do different things, play with people that want to do the same things as you. Do not expect people to know everything and please, do not compare Mastery Rank to Skill, because thats like saying someone is an amazing baker because they bought a cake. You shouldn't ask for a Vote Kick system, but rather make suggestions to improve the system, to give "leechers" an incentive to participate, in a way that it can not be abused or is time based.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkyFenrir said:

Except that if the one carrying the mission need to afk 1-2 minutes after 10+ minutes the team won't even get back on him, yet the carry was active and is now kicked and can't get rewards because stuff happens IRL. If it's just active on "early" mission people would go afk the exact moment they can ! So would it affect leechers yes, would it affect normal players who have stuff happening in their life yes too. I'm not willing to punish the second one to get rid of the first, i'd rather make my own groups.

Funny what we've learned from Dog Days right ? nearly everyone was AFK before there was incentive to play. People complained about it being tedious and unrewarding to be active on the game mode vocaly on the forum. De reacted allowing pearls to be gained by kills. 85% afkers were no longer there after this hotfix. 

Motivate participation that's where you should want to go, not the other way around, assuming people are lazy is a huge gap to make.

If some guy carried others for 10 minutes then they should be able to extract if something happens that would take them like 3 minutes away from the game. Not much different then doing an exterminate and completing it in 2-3 minutes. When I say 2-3 minutes, I’m saying. AFTER the AFK officially starts which is after 1 minute of sitting still. So 3-4 minutes total of no movement. The IRL excuse don’t work because I have IRL stuff too. There were times where I had to go Super Saiyan 3 in the bathroom and what did I do? I left the game. Sometimes even aborted a game I knew was probably gonna take some time. Plus these are suggestions to add to COMPLICATED PUBLIC missions. Such as Sorties, Fissures, Alerts, Events, Assassinations, and Nightmares. 

If DE made it where double doors can ALWAYS be opened by 1 player, extraction timer can be activated by 1 player, and complicated boss fights like Tyle Regor would teleport late players or AFKers to the boss room similar to the extraction on Open World Maps as long as 1 player gets there, then I wouldn’t have nearly as much of a problem about them. And those who don’t like being “rushed” can “play solo”. 

Things like Bounties simply involves players getting ZERO rewards if they don’t ever participate in the stages before the time limit runs out. If the stages are completed before the timer runs out then it basically cancels and the late players still get their rewards. If they step out of the YELLOW circles it will count as abandoning the mission for them. 

Seriously anybody arguing against what I’m saying clearly are looking with some sort of bias view. Like they’re trying to find some sort of selfish evil intent behind what I’m saying that they aren’t thinking clearly. Know how many times I’ve missed rewards because of IRL issues? A few dozens. So finally I just find the nearest stop and get off so that I don’t hold anybody else back. 

And finally, if a player is kicked out of the squad after like 10+ minutes of NOT being AFK, then they get sent back to their ship WITH THEIR REWARDS. I for one don’t believe most of them deserve to keep them, but like you said, IRL issues. But least that way they aren’t slowing the rest of us down. But missions that have an end goal like survival in Sorties will count as incomplete. So they would have to redo it. Don’t play games if you don’t think you have even 10 minutes to complete a mission. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

39 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

How can a noob improve if you were to kick them for being bad, instead of helping them get better?

But if they're doing that, then they aren't exactly leeching? They're playing the game. They just not doing the same things you're doing.

What has that to do with anything? It just sounds to me like you're presenting yourself to be better then you actually are, to make your opinion look more valid. I have only ever encountered less then 15 leechers over 6 years of play, which usually deosn't even bother me unless they prevent the mission from progressing or do something that negatively impacts my enjoyment of the game. Alot of the examples you stated, don't sound like Leechers to me, but rather people that do other things then what you want them to do.

If it bothers you this much, either play solo or in a dedicated squad. Different people want to do different things, play with people that want to do the same things as you. Do not expect people to know everything and please, do not compare Mastery Rank to Skill, because thats like saying someone is an amazing baker because they bought a cake. You shouldn't ask for a Vote Kick system, but rather make suggestions to improve the system, to give "leechers" an incentive to participate, in a way that it can not be abused or is time based.

Lol, lol, lol, lol, 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Those got to be the poorest arguments I’ve seen since I’ve been on these forums. “Let me be lazy off your expense or get out”. Gotta try harder than that. 

How about YOU play solo or go to recruit if you’re not going to participate in the objective. Don’t play bounties if you’re just gonna go fish or mine. But you know most people aren’t going to carry you. 

il y a 14 minutes, (PS4)chris1pat8twins a dit :

Plus these are suggestions to add to COMPLICATEE PUBLIC missions. Such as Sorties, Fissures, Alerts, Events, Assassinations, and Nightmares. 

If DE made it where double doors can ALWAYS be opened by 1 player, extraction timer can be activated by 1 player, and complicated boss fights like Tyle Regor would teleport late players or AFKers to the boss room similar to the extraction on Open World Maps as long as 1 player gets there, then I wouldn’t have nearly as much of a problem about them. And those who don’t like being “rushed” can “play solo”. 

Things like Bounties simply involves players getting ZERO rewards if they don’t ever participate in the stages before the time limit runs out. If the stages are completed before the timer runs out then it basically cancels and the late players still get their rewards. If they step out of the YELLOW circles it will count as abandoning the mission for them. 

And finally, if a player is kicked out of the squad after like 10+ minutes of NOT being AFK, then they get sent back to their ship WITH THEIR REWARDS. I for one don’t believe most of them deserve to keep them, but like you said, IRL issues. But least that way they aren’t slowing the rest of us down. But missions that have an end goal like survival in Sorties will count as incomplete. So they would have to redo it. Don’t play games if you don’t think you have even 10 minutes to complete a mission. 

Sorties, Fissures, Alerts are lotus gifts nowadays, assassinations and nightmares are EASY missions. Some events are trivials, some are "hard". Maybe bringing the right loadout would solve your problems here. Anything you just said i can carry solo (and it's not like i'm an amazing player or such, i'm not).

I'm not a fan of double doors, i'll concede you this one! Except that the fact that some people would be "slower" than you doesn't mean they're afk and again, TYle Regor is a joke to kill. Most bosses don't require everyone to be there anyway. You always need minimum 2 players to force extraction, suggesting one is enough might mean you missed some mechanics here.

Here's my obvious question. What does it bring you to kick that player ? If the player is kicked or afk it won't affect the mission in any way for you, you won't get any new player as replacement? Most of the problem here seems that you're using very very weak stuff to me? Why should a mission be counted as incomplete if you've been an active player and carrying the team  (you know, the kind of stuff i do...)? 

It's not about "thinking about not having 10 minutes", it's that breaks are an expected behavior for PEOPLE, you have a people problem there ! Whenever i launch a survival for 60 minutes i should be fine, if i've to go to toilet after 45Minutes and got kicked because you don't like breaks, I would be seriously annoyed. I can't predict such outcome, or phonecalls or stuff happening to normal people.

About Bounties now! There's is a problem with the matchmaking ! It brings people for event, free roam and bounties together. Obviously to you it would seem they're not doing what they're supposed to, but they are.

Asking for a tweak of the matchmaking would be a much more welcomed suggestion!

Edited by AkyFenrir
bounties

As stated, you have to go trough the support system, with names, behavior and screenshots, only then can support do something and they will certainly do if the ticket is presented well and proves that the user was indeed afk or leeching (avoiding the main objective), do use common sense, don't just report anyone that was opening a locker for 3 seconds instead of doing a capture mission.

Votekicks could indeed kick the player, they could also kick you as groups of clanmembers often play together, will insult together and would be able to kick you together, the report system allows them to report them together however and i know a few cases here were players have quit reporting players because the reports they did got them into trouble, so if a group of clanmember unfailry reported you, you would have nothing to fear.

Votekicks also simply kick and the user can join another squad, reporting often results in a warn on the user and statistically speaking, they know they can't leech or afk again, so what happens is that they leave the game a few days after the warn, because they are forced to do something they don't like and another report means they won't play the game, for example during an important update.

A single reports acts like a laggy ban, because the players vanish but only after a few days of the ticket being adressed, a properly made ticket that is.

Getting players to do what you want them to do is like herding cats.

They'll do what they want to do. "Playing the objective" is one of those elusive things I've seen random people ignore for a large part of my time gaming (not just on Warframe). Especially Destiny, with random events happening, and you need to accomplish certain goals in the random events that pop up (like killing a spider tank, or the drill... and you want the heroic version, that needs special tactics) or in PVP, and the goal is something like "capture target points and then defend them"... but the team of random people just treat it like "go kill everyone, separately"... nobody plays the objective. In some of these cases, it actively hurts your chances for success and can lead to failure, much worse than a random person going AFK or leeching. In Warframe, you can carry a whole team of 4, no problem.

Encouraging people to participate, instead of leeching, is the way to go. Grant bonus objectives to each individual that they individually have to complete for special rewards (that the team cannot contribute toward), and they'll at least be active, and if the bonus objectives contribute to the overall objective, they'll be contributing to the success of the team. For open world bounties, these rewards would have to be better than whatever mining or fishing or Thumper hunting they plan to do (which are not entirely leeching activities, but would garner vote-kicks in the proposed system.)

People have different reasons for participating in this game, even when they sign on for "Bounties" because that's the matchmaking system for the open world systems. If there were a more generic way to matchmake for the plains or vallis, maybe you'd get less people going off-objective. Personally, if someone else were to go off-objective and get something more done while they're there, that's a good use of their time, IMO. (especially if they see a blue ore vein in the grineer camp on the plains, and they need those rare resources)... I'm not gonna get mad at them.

I solo, and I very much dislike doing anything with other people, because I like doing things others consider inconsequential, like opening all the lockers I see and crashing all crates, and killing most enemies I come across instead of just jumping by, searching for Ayatans, stars, special crates, caches, etc. If I were in a boss run, I'd probably ignore those and speed-run, but you never know if I see a chest in one of the odd locations, I'm going for it, and people would be waiting on me, and they wouldn't even go back and grab the marked treasure. Even when I'm playing with my friend, he gets annoyed when I go off track even for a little bit... a group of random people would probably kick me, even if I catch up in a few seconds at the end - that's wasting their precious time (while I sit with a full inventory of unfilled ayatan treasures for the nightwave act each time it appears, and they need to scramble to find them that week and have no idea where they spawn) and even though they all benefit from the contents of the caches found - the leeches, how dare they 😛 .

Anyway... yeah, give people more incentive to "Play the Objective" and you'll see more people doing what you want them to do. Not punishing or kicking for not doing what you want them to do. It's a game, people play for what they find fun.

29 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

Sorties, Fissures, Alerts are lotus gifts nowadays, assassinations and nightmares are EASY missions. Some events are trivials, some are "hard". Maybe bringing the right loadout would solve your problems here. Anything you just said i can carry solo (and it's not like i'm an amazing player or such, i'm not).

I'm not a fan of double doors, i'll concede you this one! Except that the fact that some people would be "slower" than you doesn't mean they're afk and again, TYle Regor is a joke to kill. Most bosses don't require everyone to be there anyway. You always need minimum 2 players to force extraction, suggesting one is enough might mean you missed some mechanics here.

Here's my obvious question. What does it bring you to kick that player ? If the player is kicked or afk it won't affect the mission in any way for you, you won't get any new player as replacement? Most of the problem here seems that you're using very very weak stuff to me? Why should a mission be counted as incomplete if you've been an active player and carrying the team  (you know, the kind of stuff i do...)? 

It's not about "thinking about not having 10 minutes", it's that breaks are an expected behavior for PEOPLE, you have a people problem there ! Whenever i launch a survival for 60 minutes i should be fine, if i've to go to toilet after 45Minutes and got kicked because you don't like breaks, I would be seriously annoyed. I can't predict such outcome, or phonecalls or stuff happening to normal people.

About Bounties now! There's is a problem with the matchmaking ! It brings people for event, free roam and bounties together. Obviously to you it would seem they're not doing what they're supposed to, but they are.

Asking for a tweak of the matchmaking would be a much more welcomed suggestion!

Tyle Regor CANNOT BE FOUGHT WITHOUT ALL PLAYERS!!! 

Double doors get in my way and prevents me from progressing to the objective. Then bosses like Tyle Regor cannot be fought unless ALL players are there. I’ve had to wait 10 MINUTES before I could fight Tyle Regor.

I’m a MR27 1/2. Completing all these missions solo isn’t a problem for me at all. But I HATE playing solo in a game where there’s an option to play with others. But if those others are not playing with you... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve played every type of mission. I’ve competed the entire Solar System. There’s not a single mission that exists that I haven’t done. And every single one of them, I’ve encountered am AFKer. They are a bigger pain than you realize if you’d till don’t understand what I’m talking about.

I’m not talking about Slowpokes. I’m talking about AFK. As in NOT MOVING AT ALL. I’ve spent 15 minutes on a meso fissure exterminate. 15 MINUTES!!! If people want to farm that badly then they can go host a private game. 

I have NEVER encountered a SLOWPOKE during a BOUNTY. NEVER!!! The only annoying people I’ve encountered during Bounties are people WHO DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE BOUNTY. As in, they NEVER run to the yellow circles. NEVER. They run around and even fly around everywhere else but they keep their distance from the circles. I HATE BEING USED. And sometimes missions have been failed because the rescue target would teleport all the way to the LEECHER and the mission would just fail. Some stages are 2 minutes and 30 seconds. That more than enough time for a noob to walk to them. But they NEVER move anywhere close to the yellow circle. So I say that you have to be within the circle to get the rewards unless the stage is completed very quickly. Which 2-3 of them cannot be completed quickly. Sometimes 4 of them. 

If you’re running 60 minute survival then you should be able to host a squad and put it on invite only. Since my suggestions ONLY APPLY TO PUBLIC MISSIONS. 

The excuses people be making are ridiculous. Feels like they are joking half the time. If you got kicked out of a 60 minute survival but kept your 45 minutes worth of rewards. Why should it matter to you? You want to go that far to achieve some sort of goal then you should be playing with friends or recruit. Incomplete would only work on Sorties and those missions take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.