Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The AFK Mentality

Lutesque

Dangle dome can be extremely effective in wiping out large amounts of enemies very quickly, lots of range and accumulating wipeclaw build is massive dmg (in the millions) to alot of enemies.  If More people used it would probably get nerfed... Its really really impressive, like in ESO in some of the smaller to mid-range size maps you can put a saryn to shame.

As for the AFK problem farming gets boring people fall asleep or watch TV... Nidus mission is not difficult to solo either... It is one of the more boring farms in the game.  I did it with pre Nerf ember just running around in a circle, I actually got pretty lucky and got all the parts in an hour or two, I've heard of people having to spend days and days there.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

12 hours ago, Lolacrayola said:

Maybe its worth asking - why do people afk defence?

Though defense mission might be boring (I myself also think of that), it doesn't excuse people to be afk. Afk-ers are AFK-ers and they only make things worse. If only they help, probably that boring ass mission can finished quicker and we can move on to another mission.

That person that leave at 5 minute mark just to spite the afk-ers might sound petty, but tbh, if I found myself someone leeching like that, I'll leave as well. Why should I do all the things while the afk person doesn't give a damn?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

As for the AFK problem farming gets boring people fall asleep or watch TV... Nidus mission is not difficult to solo either... It is one of the more boring farms in the game.  I did it with pre Nerf ember just running around in a circle, I actually got pretty lucky and got all the parts in an hour or two, I've heard of people having to spend days and days there.

I have to say, that at least 4-5 times i have fallen asleep while playing WF...always in leveling Defense missions (Helene and Hydron = almost the same Map/Tilset)... specially after a long day, and in late time missions. I fall asleep whith great ease....
It happens. Its a type of missions everybody does very often, so its easy to your brains to forget and sleep..Not a good thing, but is better not to do fast judgments. Now i try to level, in alternate defense missions (Pluto, Eris..), because doing different maps, "alert" my brain.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Especially you Khora.... you're officially being put on Notice

I guess I need to understand your definition of AFK.

I play Khora for mobile defense. Pick up key, rush to target, hit 4 every 30 seconds, pick up key repeat. I make way to exit on last 30 seconds, and mark for others.

Pretty much everyone else Leeroy Jenkins their way through the level, and ignore my marker at end to add another 1.5 minutes to mission duration.

3 hours ago, Ady88 said:

I guess I need to understand your definition of AFK.

I play Khora for mobile defense. Pick up key, rush to target, hit 4 every 30 seconds, pick up key repeat. I make way to exit on last 30 seconds, and mark for others.

Pretty much everyone else Leeroy Jenkins their way through the level, and ignore my marker at end to add another 1.5 minutes to mission duration.

Do whatever you want in Mobile Defense.... this is one of those missions where you don't have to kill anything....

That  being said.... be a dear and take care of any eximus units  that get tangled up in the dome.... your squad would really appreciate that... :)

23 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Please.... don't try to AFK If your build sucks....

Or better, dont AFK at all. If a person is going to not play and leave others to do the work for them, its best they dont play at all.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's always so satisfying to watch the afk player to keep going to the next 5 waves of defence by not choosing anything, while the rest of the team leaves...

Does this make me a bad person?

No that doesnt make you bad. I my self many times have convinced other teammates to leave a mission and leave the AFKer there on their own.

Its also satisfying when the game disconnects them automatically at the 5 wave/minute mark for AFKing and they dont get anything.

I remember once i went into a "Gift of the Lotus" extermination alert on a Corpus Cold Planet tileset and the only person that joined was a Frost. I went on ahead killing the mobs and waiting for him to catch up, thinking he was still on the loadscreen, eventually came to a two-console door and stood waiting for him for about 5 minutes, after that i ran back to check on him, he put him self in a very hard to reach place between pillars under a catwalk and went AFK.
I could have just quit the mission and started over but i had collected both Ayatan and Tempo Royale mod so instead of quitting i decided to get the Frost killed and lured all the mobs over to him. Took more than 20 minutes but eventually the Sapper Ospreys and a Bursa managed to get to him and kill him so i was able to open the door on my own. When i got to extraction, he got booted (Disconnected) from the mission.

I had taken a bunch of screenshots during the whole incident and reported the player afterwards.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

True AFKers I don't res when they die. If we could TK them, I would.

On the other hand I'm generally happy to help a newb who is trying. I do lots of pubbing and have no issue with carrying someone who does their best. The amount of thank you's I've gotten makes it more than worth it.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb novalery:

Stories like these makes me miss the bug where we can kill other player.

There was this one Sortie with Friendly Fire almost permanently on.

Was awesome. Because all of us died seconds after the first wave alert and no one noticed why

19 часов назад, novalery сказал:

Nope rad proc only occur at certain places

9 часов назад, Ahniar сказал:

As long as the wep doesn't have too much damage on it it does work, but only procs the native elements to the wep and not the ones we add (ie: radiation). My guess is that they removed that possibility to avoid trolling like this 😛

Could be a way to "remove" afkers but sadly it's impossibiru. 

Cheers

It's possible. At least it was during last Plague Star (mid-late June). Could have been changed since then.

A friend of mine somehow was able to proc radiation on himself with only 60/60 mods in his glaive.

Edited by bl1te

6 hours ago, NoSpax said:

There was this one Sortie with Friendly Fire almost permanently on.

Was awesome. Because all of us died seconds after the first wave alert and no one noticed why

3 hours ago, bl1te said:

It's possible. At least it was during last Plague Star (mid-late June). Could have been changed since then.

A friend of mine somehow was able to proc radiation on himself with only 60/60 mods in his glaive.

A long time ago if you use mirage 1st ability in combination with torid, your clone’s torid toxic cloud will hurt you/others the moment the clone disappear. so if you built it right and fire the torid when your ability about to end, you can kill your team with the weapon’s toxic cloud.

Back then, this can be done anywhere and anytime. No rad proc required, just shoot at your teammates general location when the ability about to end. So it became a perfect weapon against those that choose to stay put in a single point

This is why, back then, i sometimes warned others not to step on my “cheetos cloud” during a mission.

If i’m not mistaken DE have patch this bug out

Edited by novalery
  • Like 1

I remember getting matched to a host from China for a sortie assassination mission. I was stucked in the mission loading screen for a good 3-4minutes straight but surprisingly the game didnt kick me out. When it finally loaded, I was positioned 200m away from the extraction. 😅 Took me another 2 minute to walk there because I pressed 5. And you know what happened next. 

Mission result? 0 kills, 0 damage dealth, 0 damage taken. The ping is so high the enemies couldn't hit me. Man, that was embarrassing. I'm sorry for the angry Tennos who thought that I was afking. 😞

Edited by HappyFishxas

7 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

Simulacrum can't help you test everything. Plus not everyone spends time hunting for stupid simaris. I understand tho, it's best to test first in there and then outside. 

Fair point. I think most people just test with clan mates though solo it might be better going to public matching *shudder*

48 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

The dangle dome isn't supposed to kill anything. It's a crowd control ability. As khora, is a crowd control frame.  

Exactly.... that being said the fact that the Dome and Entangle synergize with Whip Claw by drastically increasing the damage suggests this was the intended use for Khora's kit....

The New Pilfering Augment just further increases the likelyhood this was its intended use... 

Why ? 

Well energy orbs could be one of the potential extra drops from the enemies... so while one can make the argument that the reason why khora's don't whip the domes due to the energy costs... the augment does contradict that argument. Or atleast it would if this game wasn't chockful of broken RNG.... even with this augment you just can't rely on Energy Orbs... ever...

vor 8 Stunden schrieb --C--Nehra:

Simulacrum can't help you test everything

Right now, it's a living gallery for those, who find staring at the static models in the codex too boring.

I miss high-class statistics (DPS, DPS status, Alarm status, etc), "Endless spawn per sec", "Endless spawn scale curve", "Show Hitbox" and much more similar to a debug room, but player-friendly.

Not only is the layout complete garbage (enemies can jump up to the podest and shoot you while in the arsenal), enemies can fall down and never die, YOU fall down unintended. I even managed to get stuck below the ground.

And it's always the same room, you can't build/set your own, set your own spawns, etc.

If we only had a way to load Photora into the Simulacrum and use the spawns there for a more natural feeling similar as gameplay. Get me the Outer Terminus Photora.

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

yes but not radiation so no it wont work

Had to test it with all of the self-inflicting weps, not that I was expecting it to work due to... Reasons. 

But it's true, no self-proc rads 😞

On 2019-08-19 at 4:20 PM, Ahniar said:

As long as the wep doesn't have too much damage on it it does work, but only procs the native elements to the wep and not the ones we add (ie: radiation). My guess is that they removed that possibility to avoid trolling like this 😛

Could be a way to "remove" afkers but sadly it's impossibiru. 

Cheers