The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are YOUR favorite weapons to use vs Profit-Taker?

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

I can do a pretty good job of staying alive with wukong.  I just dont have any weapons set up to strip the shields effeciently/quickly.   I have a buttload of weapons to pick from.   If I had some good weapons(set up correctly) I could probably solo the thing.   

I ust forced myself to do PT fight a few times the other day to get to Rank 5 in vox solaris..  now I dont really have a reason to fight profit taker except for fun/help others.   

I havent tried exploiter yet.   I really wanna learn that one because I would love to be able to farm the Lazi toroids.  

For solo, I believe the best setup is Battacor, Tombfinger, and Plague Kripath with Exodia Contagion.

For me personally, I love Synapse, Tombfinger, and Redeemer Prime.

Imperator Vandal is best on both scenarios imo.

Edited by Voltage

I mainly use the vectis prime (radiation and cold setup) and run my zaw. Usually gotta cycle every second or other dmg type, but I don’t personally mind.

For taking down the legs; Imperator Vandal. While others may be more faster at taking down the legs, it really doesn’t matter as much, as all archguns will get through that phase well enough if foma’d/modded properly. 

53 minutes ago, Voltage said:

For solo, I believe the best setup is Battacor, Tombfinger, and Plague Kripath with Exodia Contagion.

That kripath, I tried it today, wasn't it supposed to do VIral dmg? Mine was doing 0 dmg.

mBoX8l3.png

Zenith is good for destroying shield pylons quickly.

I used Chroma P with Tigris P, Pyrana P (had no better secondary), Redeemer P and Imperator V. Got those Blodshed sigil on my 53rd run and Orb noggle a bit earlier. Bought all mods that drop there. No reason to play anymore.

Call me strange, but I found that battle attractive.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

I thought the Corvas was the meta Archgun for it now? I haven't done the fight for a little while.

I use Snipetron Vandal (puncture, radiation, cold), Catchmoon (impact, heat, corrosive), Redeemer Prime (blast, toxin), and Imperator Vandal. I use this on Inaros, solo, and I've never been even close to running out of time. Use madurai focus school, a kavat, and at least one Arcane Avenger to boost your damage. When I'm actually trying, and not out of practise, I can solo PT in 7 min or less door to door.

Exploiter is much easier, but also slower. You're probably better off running PT for standing.

47 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I thought the Corvas was the meta Archgun for it now? I haven't done the fight for a little while.

afaik Imperator Vandal is still the meta. 

Redeemer Prime is a poor choice for melee, because the impact/slash/punc procs only happen when swinging it and not when shooting. Sarpa would be better but honestly, when I tested that out I felt it's performance was a time waster, and it left me without a good melee weapon for dealing with adds.

Real talk for a moment though, using Inaros is just admitting to not knowing how to play. I think we aaalll know that.

21 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

afaik Imperator Vandal is still the meta. 

Redeemer Prime is a poor choice for melee, because the impact/slash/punc procs only happen when swinging it and not when shooting. Sarpa would be better but honestly, when I tested that out I felt it's performance was a time waster, and it left me without a good melee weapon for dealing with adds.

Real talk for a moment though, using Inaros is just admitting to not knowing how to play. I think we aaalll know that.

Ah ok thanks.

Redeemer is chosen cos of the easy range just as sarpa would be.

And Inaros... yep trash choice with no increased damage like chroma.

47 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Redeemer Prime is a poor choice for melee, because the impact/slash/punc procs only happen when swinging it and not when shooting

Well... Then Shoot it....

Mind you Redeemer Prime can use Blood Rush whilest Sarpa cannot.... 

48 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think its the exact opposite....

Using a tanky frame for a scenario where damage is unavoidable just seems like a logical decision to me...

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well... Then Shoot it....

Mind you Redeemer Prime can use Blood Rush whilest Sarpa cannot.... 

Using a tanky frame for a scenario where damage is unavoidable just seems like a logical decision to me...

if you are stacking a combo like that... you are wasting time you could be cycling the dmg type.

Tankiness isn't essential to that degree unless you can't play optimized frames. I mean, keep your buffs up, keep the rods down, etc etc. However, whatever works for anyone doing it.

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

if you are stacking a combo like that... you are wasting time you could be cycling the dmg type.

It doesn't need a 4.5x Multiplier to crit consistently.... 

And do you really want to bet on RNG rather than dealing with the damage type thats right in front of you ? Be my guest. 

Mind you theres a cool down period before you can switch Damage types back to back.... and for my Redeemer Specifically I can deal with the 3 Elements my Redeemer is modded for faster than waiting for the cool down timer to end...

Just saying.... when it comes to melee weapons you're kinda limited to Redeemer and Exodia cOntagion...

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I also think inaros is a good choice, specially if you are like me, unexperienced whit PT. I have only done PT 3 times, and it was last and this week ( Vox Solaris is demanding 5 Crisma T. to Rank Up..those bastards..lol) Only the last time i fully aknowledge the mechanics of the fight ( the 3 phases), and Inaros helps a lot whith de damage .I dont Know how to play well whith Inaros (only played a few times..), but i ask you, should i use any augment on him? What abbilities do you spam more/ more useful?
But i guess CHROMA should be my nexts frame to take.? But i bet it won´t be easy to not die,... i have to try ( i usually play Chroma).
Any sugestions on aproach?
I see i need to give some love to my Archguns ( gonna try Corvas because don´t have Imperator Vandal..yet.. 🙂 )

• Like 1

I was looking at my primaries last night and arca plasmor didnt seem like a great choice,  It made for status.  In fact most of my primaries are made for status and I had a hard time finding anything I could use for crits that also have insane base damage.   But I suppose the Arca would just overcome the low crit chance with such high base damage?  

My lanka gets up to 12k damage with like 90% crits...  Gotta look at that again...  My opticor (not vandal) was disappointing to...   

Catchmoon looks sexy as hell.  Mine is 80+%cc.  I have a riven for it but I dont think I have room for it lol.  Im working on the catchmoon right now.  Just maxed out primed pistol gambit and primed ..crit damage..  lol.   So I only got about 3 spots left for elemental mods after all the damage, multi, crit stuff.  The riven would eat up one of those elemental slots... maybe it could replace a multi mod...  

Do Primed anti faction mods work on boss types??  Like Primed corpus bane vs PT ? I NEVER use banes...  I need to hit up the simulcrum and experiement.  I wish while you were in simulcrum every mod was max and costs 0-1 cap  so you could easily play with builds...