Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

Prexades

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

That's not the words of someone sharing an opinion, but declaring a fact.

But what was the context for that versus my opinion of what gauss is in the game over someone's name... 

Ah, right. Something completely different, I said it's how it's pronounced, because guess what, when someone uses a word that is otherwise a person's name, they can say it however they want. Especially when that word is attached to something of its own intellectual value and properties; therein making the word attached to that intellectual value and property. So whether it happens to be another word, another persons name, even share (coincidentally or not) factors, such as the high velocity aspects you suggested. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You're better than that

Is that so? Because this all started on the idea that game developers are mispronouncing their own intellectual property's name.

34 minutes ago, Bioness said:

You should save your energy. He is trolling at this point, no one can be that stupid

Oh on the contrary. Have you ever seen someone try to have intercourse with a sidewalk? Because that person does indeed exist.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Especially when that word is attached to something of its own intellectual value and properties; therein making the word attached to that intellectual value and property.

I don't think you understand the concept of naming something after someone. It's very literally about taking someone's or something's name and attaching it to something else.

It's a fairly basic concept that can be seen across most Warframes, so yes, you're just trolling.

Today on pointless issues no one should care about, but for some reason they do...
Get a job Hippies. It's the future, the Grineer speak babble nonsense, language changes deal with it.
Anyway, it's a presumption he's named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, I don't recall it being stated anywhere by DE...

This is stupid...

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

don't think you understand the concept of naming something after someone. It's very literally about taking someone's or something's name and attaching it to something else.

It's a fairly basic concept that can be seen across most Warframes, so yes, you're just trolling.

Nope not trolling.

You don't understand that if you take something in and give it a name, you can pronounce it however. When you use names you can see three names spelt differently, and sound the same. Or three names that sound differently, but spelt the same. When you make up something, of your own intellectual value and intellectual property, that is virtual and not real but still has value and belonging and then name that thing, that name is attached to it directly before anything else. If they want to use a name spelt the same pronounced differently, it's absolutely fine, whether or not it's someone else's name or not (which we don't even know sorry for not being assuming and rather logical) it doesn't change that this name, is attatched DE's intellectual property therein, the pronounce it however the f*** they want lol.

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Anyway, it's a presumption he's named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, I don't recall it being stated anywhere by DE...

Can we all just stop pretending that he isn't?

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

sorry for not being assuming and rather logical

:crylaugh:

Okay dude.

Can we all just stop pretending that he isn't?

But we can't prove it, you're assuming. 

:crylaugh:

Okay dude

Everything I've said was to support my opinions and facts. Yes some pure comical humour mind you, but never did I, such as you did, draw conclusions from inferences based on nothing more than words and coincidences...

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Drake_Remorea:

Nope not trolling.

You don't understand that if you take something in and give it a name, you can pronounce it however. When you use names you can see three names spelt differently, and sound the same. Or three names that sound differently, but spelt the same. When you make up something, of your own intellectual value and intellectual property, that is virtual and not real but still has value and belonging and then name that thing, that name is attached to it directly before anything else. If they want to use a name spelt the same pronounced differently, it's absolutely fine, whether or not it's someone else's name or not (which we don't even know sorry for not being assuming and rather logical) it doesn't change that this name, is attatched DE's intellectual property therein, the pronounce it however the f*** they want lol.

If you attach a name of person to something then you should at least spell it properly. It has absolutely nothing to do with IP. Think about it as common courtesy to not intentionally mispronounce a persons name. Your argument comes down to a very corporate attitude of: There is no legal reason and no one pays me, so F you.

2 minutes ago, Prexades said:

If you attach a name of person to something then you should at least spell it properly

They didn't ever do that though. Also I thought this whole problem is based on the fact they're spelt the same?

3 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Think about it as common courtesy to not intentionally mispronounce a persons name

But we aren't because it's not actually someone's name? 

4 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Your argument comes down to a very corporate attitude of: There is no legal reason and no one pays me, so F you.

No it comes down to logic and I'm right.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

But we can't prove it, you're assuming. 

It's an assumption based on clear evidence and precedent.

It's illogical, in this regard, to not assume. Again, are you going to try this with another frame? What about Excalibur, I don't recall DE ever stating explicitly he's named after the Arthurian sword, and I certainly couldn't find a quote from them for looking.

Does that mean we can't actually say he's named after the sword? No, that would be completely illogical because there's clear references and a precedent among other frames.

Stop trolling. 

It's an assumption based on clear evidence and precedent.

Provide evidence. Saying they're both spelt the same, that both are related to the high velocity idea, is not evidence. It's coincidental. I've tried explaining to you how this intellectual property stuff works you just don't get it so any precedent would be wrong too...

"Anyway, it's a presumption he's named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, I don't recall it being stated anywhere by DE..." 

Like he said.

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It's illogical, in this regard, to not assume

No, assuming is always the illogical regard. No matter if it's inevitably right or not, it is always, by definition illogical. You're just wrong there, so wrong.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Again, are you going to try this with another frame? What about Excalibur, I don't recall DE ever stating explicitly he's named after the Arthurian sword, and I certainly couldn't find a quote from them for looking

Because he isn't. 

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Does that mean we can't actually say he's named after the sword? No, that would be completely illogical because there's clear references and a precedent among other frames.

No, same arguments, it's wrong. I told you your precedent would be wrong...

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Stop trolling

Sorry but you're on the wrong side of history here. When is being logical and right ever been trolling?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

No, assuming is always the illogical regard. No matter if it's inevitably right or not, it is always, by definition illogical.

What utter bull. If an assumption is inevitably correct, the assumption is logical.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Because he isn't. 

Excalibur, the sword frame, isn't named after the legendary Arthurian sword, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

You switch players crack me up. All delusional as hell.

Yeah, you're absolutely trolling and I'm done wasting my time. I honestly thought better of you.

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If an assumption is inevitably correct, the assumption is logical.

Wrong. It's still an assumption. I'm saying inevitably because I believe somethings can't be changed based on opinions, such as this, so therefore whether this be right or not. At the end of the day to assume is illogical. 

Excalibur, the sword frame, isn't named after the legendary Arthurian sword, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Again no evidence just coincidence. 

You switch players crack me up. All delusional as hell.

Woah woah woah I play PC, but mine turned into a chainsaw a year ago and haven't fixed or gotten one since :l

Yeah, you're absolutely trolling and I'm done wasting my time. I honestly thought better of you

I'm really not. I could say you're trolling, I mean you are the one assuming everything. Although they may be coincidental assumptions commonly confused for facts, it is still comparably illogical. I'm not spewing facts 100% of the time or anything, but I'm not assuming things based on intellectual virtual properties and peoples names, inventions, and real life events. All though it may be easy to confuse the two when you spend the same amount of time in both video games and life, it's not as easy as they're the same.

6 hours ago, MacKerris said:

The 13th element on the periodic table has two different spellings, and both are correct.

Interestingly, the American one is more accurate in this case. Or to be more precise, the French spelling that it is identical to, as IIRC the element was discovered in France. We brits actually got that one wrong.

6 hours ago, MacKerris said:

It's the same situation as the words grey/gray...

They're actually two different colours. Grey is closer to white, while gray is closer to black.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

It's coincidental.

Yeah, obviously Gauss is NOT named after the only Gauss of notice in the history. Of course not. /s

Just like the unit of Magnetic Flux Density is not named after him, it's just called gauss coincidentally.

If you're not trolling, it's actually worse, cause it means you have actual brain damage.

I'm dead serious, contact a doctor right now, you most likely need instant medical assistance. You might have gotten a heat stroke or something.

Edited by HugintheCrow
I wasn't gonna comment on this trainwreck of a thread, but I couldn't help myself. I gotta drop the hammer on them losers.

Just now, stormy505 said:

this is dumb.

Imagine if someone argued with J. K. Rowling on how wingardium leviosa was pronounced.

That's what this thread is.

I agree, I'm pretty sure Carl Friedrich Gauss would be somewhat slighted if he knew Warframe mispronounced his name.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I agree, I'm pretty sure Carl Friedrich Gauss would be somewhat slighted if he knew Warframe mispronounced his name.

Now hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, the devs of Warframe found a funny sounding word and said 'this is the name of my character.'

Kuva is a reference to a Texas radio station and I'm sure all those uvalde radio fanatics are unable to sleep at night because Warframe and everyone playing Warframe is mispronouncing kuva.

Just now, stormy505 said:

Now hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, the devs of Warframe found a funny sounding word and said 'this is the name of my character.'

Kuva is a reference to a Texas radio station and I'm sure all those uvalde radio fanatics are unable to sleep at night because Warframe and everyone playing Warframe is mispronouncing kuva.

Or I could be reasonable, use my brain, and instead of going "It's just a coincidence"* with no actual reasoning behind it outside of being contrarian, seeing as pretty much every name in warframe IS IN FACT a reference**, I could deduct that Gauss is also IN FACT a reference to one of the greatest mathematicians in the history***.

*which, fun fact, even if you claim that, you still need arguments to back it up, I saw nothing yet, outside of "I'm right you're wrong", which as I said above:

12 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

If you're not trolling, it's actually worse, cause it means you have actual brain damage.

I'm dead serious, contact a doctor right now, you most likely need instant medical assistance. You might have gotten a heat stroke or something.

**You'd be surprised how many guns/weapons/items/etc. with seemingly random names have actual meaning in hawaiian or indonesian etc.

***Coincidentally (heh) also the only person of notice that is named Gauss. Every single thing that is called Gauss (Magnetic Flux Density unit, so-called Gaussian units, even the fictional Gauss weapons) is called like that as a reference to the Carl Friedrich.

Honestly when I heard the pronouncation by Tactical Potato in his tube, I was like "What?".

Simply because Gauss has been pronounced how the trailer does it in all the games I've played. It's likely just one of the words that's been pronounced weirdly over time, similar to how people say the classic "potato/pohtatoe" thing.

I wasn't even aware it was based around a math guy, but the reality is that little is usually related to these kind of folks nowadays. Except for the odd Einstein.

2 minutes ago, Frennick said:

Honestly when I heard the pronouncation by Tactical Potato in his tube, I was like "What?".

Simply because Gauss has been pronounced how the trailer does it in all the games I've played. It's likely just one of the words that's been pronounced weirdly over time, similar to how people say the classic "potato/pohtatoe" thing.

I wasn't even aware it was based around a math guy, but the reality is that little is usually related to these kind of folks nowadays. Except for the odd Einstein.

Actually, you'll find a lot of such links. After all, Volt was named after Alessandro Volta, and Vauban was named after Sébastien Le Pestre de Vauban, so Gauss being named after Gauss is not a surprise at all. Most games draw naming inspirations from real life.

• Like 4